Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #1  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 625 Likes on 438 Posts
Default Amandalinz is closing

I just received a letter in the mail, Amandalinz in New Hampshire is closing. What a shame!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2008, 08:28 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is sad...was it a Scrapbook or Stamp store or both? :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2008, 06:44 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

OMG! I'm so upset to hear that. My family has a summer home up there and I would go and stock up on supplies because they always had really cool things that I couldn't get at home. Another victim of the poor economy. I'm so bummed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2008, 07:57 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I'm bummed they are closing. They had a great variety of papers and supplies. On a brighter note if you need a stamping/scrapbooking store fix take a trip up to Stamping Memories in Laconia. They just moved into the Belknap Mall and the store is incredible. Can't wait for the kids to get back into school so I can take a trip up there again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #5  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I went to Amandalinz today, it was a horror show! I may not make it back before they close.

I am happy to hear about Stamping Memories, my parents have a cottage in the area, I will be making a trip there soon!

If you are in the area, a bunch of stores are hosting a Shop Hop, you pay $5 and then get 20% off at a bunch of stores. If you visit all of them you can win some raffles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: In my stamp room, stamping, painting, and gluing... with the dogs playing under my feet....

Ohhh, that IS sad. I didn't get up there often, but when I did, it was a wallet-buster! Loved their paper!

I have found a store near to where I live in northeast Massachusetts - "Absolutely Everything" in Topsfield MA. Of the non-chain stores I've been to in this area, it's one of the best. Prices are a bit on the high side but their sales are spectacular and they do have a newsletter you can subscribe to.

It won't replace Amandalinz, but it's a resource.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I had a feeling........... The last time I was there the sign had a different name like "Stamping Station" or something like that. Are they closing for good or have they been sold to someone else to take over?

Another recommendation - The Paper Tree in Manchester! Michelle is just the nicest lady ever and has great classes, tons of stock and it's one of my favorites.

I'm going to have to schedule a trip to Stamping Memories too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I second the recommendation for The Paper Tree and Michelle the owner. I have not really even been to Amandalinz since the Paper Tree has opened. I am not really a scrapbooker, more a stamper/paper crafter. Michelle caters to both. She started out with less on the stamping side, but demand for stamps changed that so she probably is more 50/50 for supplies. Most of the classes seem to relate to stamping. kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #9  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I do like the Paper Tree and Absolutely Everything. I have been going to Scrapbooker's Dream in Tewksbury, she had lots of Amuse stamps and some great papers. It is the closest store to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #10  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I think they are closing, there was a liquidator there selling all the fixtures, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMRView Post
I do like the Paper Tree and Absolutely Everything. I have been going to Scrapbooker's Dream in Tewksbury, she had lots of Amuse stamps and some great papers. It is the closest store to me.
I frequent all of these and also shop at Inkaboutit in Westford; how lucky are we to have 4 LSS's within an hour or less drive??? I hadn't made it to Amandalinz yet; it is sad that they are closing; Have you heard about the Crafter's Shop Hop that is going on? There are (were) 12 stores involved; you buy a passport at any one of them for $5 then you bring it to any or all of the stores and get 20% off your total purchase for the day! All of these stores are on the list but sadly, Amandalinz won't be participating so I'm guessing this happened rather suddenly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

I heard about this today too.
I am doing some of the Crafter Shopping hop... won't do them all but having the discount in the ones I go to is worth the $5.00.
My friend and I went to Paper Tree today (love that store) and she told us that they are no longer in the hop so if you are doing this be aware. We never made it to Amandalinz but someone told us about a store that supposedly was opened by a couple of their customers (not sure how true) anyways in Amherst called the Scrapbook Cabin. It's so cutely decorated (is that even a word?) Lots of papers and embelishements if you are in the area totally worth the trip.
I usually go to Absolutely Everything which is about 15-20 minutes away from me or Scrapbooker's dream and Ink About It.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awww shucks! I'm going to the Papertree next Friday night for Jen's Amuse calendar class; I'm not happy that she's out of the hop! I will only make it to 3 or 4 of the stores and now that's one less; I bought the pass yesterday knowing I was going there next week!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Where is the "Paper Tree". I live just South of Boston and there aren't any "stamp" stores on the South Shore just one Scrapbooking store. I've been to "Ink About It" once and it was absolutely amazing IMO with the variety of stamps. I've never been to "Absolutely Everything" do they have a good selection of stamps? Where else in the Boston area would you recommend I'm willing to travel within reason like maybe an hour?

My new BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathycView Post
Awww shucks! I'm going to the Papertree next Friday night for Jen's Amuse calendar class; I'm not happy that she's out of the hop! I will only make it to 3 or 4 of the stores and now that's one less; I bought the pass yesterday knowing I was going there next week!
I think maybe I worded it wrong...The Paper Tree is STILL in the hop but Amanadalinz is not. Michelle at the Paper Tree was the one who told me sorry if you thought the other way.
Have fun at the class.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubascrapperView Post
Where is the "Paper Tree". I live just South of Boston and there aren't any "stamp" stores on the South Shore just one Scrapbooking store. I've been to "Ink About It" once and it was absolutely amazing IMO with the variety of stamps. I've never been to "Absolutely Everything" do they have a good selection of stamps? Where else in the Boston area would you recommend I'm willing to travel within reason like maybe an hour?
Paper Tree is in Manchester NH
I love Ink About It too. I am north so it's about 40 minutes for me but I love that store. Absolutely Everything is pretty good too but hard to find stuff sometimes. They do have a good selection of stamps though.
The cape has colorful creations which is great....have you ever been there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:00 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SusannkView Post
I think maybe I worded it wrong...The Paper Tree is STILL in the hop but Amanadalinz is not. Michelle at the Paper Tree was the one who told me sorry if you thought the other way.
Have fun at the class.
Oh what a relief! Thanks Susan! I think I got my money's worth at Inkaboutit but I still plan to do a little damage at Papertree; I love Michelle and her store and I'm happy to support her!
I like Absolutley Everything too but find the store so crowded that sometimes it's a little overwhelming; she has many brands of stamps and is a huge fan of Tim Holtz so she has everything you need if you like his style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 02:39 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh what a relief! Thanks Susan! I think I got my money's worth at Inkaboutit but I still plan to do a little damage at Papertree; I love Michelle and her store and I'm happy to support her!
I like Absolutley Everything too but find the store so crowded that sometimes it's a little overwhelming; she has many brands of stamps and is a huge fan of Tim Holtz so she has everything you need if you like his style.

No problem...I did some damage at Paper Tree yesterday myself and plan to use the discount at a few of the other stores too.
I find Absolutely Everything the same way. Everything is everywhere and it's hard to find stuff. I wish she would set it up like some of the other stores. It's always different each time you go too. I am not a huge fan of the Tim Holtz stuff myself. I really love how Ink About It is set up and wish it were a little closer to me but I think I would be in trouble if it were...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 03:36 AM   #19  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I was just looking and reading this thread. There has been another closing of B & E Scrapbook in Goffstown. I never made it there even though Goffstown is an old stomping ground of mine. It looks like B & E will still have an online store. here is the link: http://www.scrapbookportal.com/searc...ds/content.cfm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 03:37 AM   #20  

Quote:

now why am i not surprised. hehehehe i guess i need to pay more attention to my emails. i didn't know you were taking a class on a Friday night. I would have considered going.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

It's a pretty straight shot up 93 to 293, not far from the Manchester Airport. Take Exit 4 off 293N and take a left at the light. Paper Tree is up the road on your right in Mallard Pond Plaza (with the winebar - Unwined).

I think it might take you an hour, give or take a few minutes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 04:19 PM   #22  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

You might want to look into to list
Ink About It
Absolutely Everything
Colorful Creations
The Crop Shop
Right At Home Scrapbooking
Scrapbook Cupboard
Scrapbooker's Dream
Scrapper's Discount
The Paper Tree
The Stamp Act
Wholly Scrap

They are all on the shop hop. Some are on the south shore. The store on the Cape carries lots of amuse stamps.

I bought 3 of the passes, we are going to try and hit some of the stores. We make a day of it, have lunch, laugh, shop.

I went to Ink about it on Friday but only bought stuff on sale.
Pia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessdi69View Post
now why am i not surprised. hehehehe i guess i need to pay more attention to my emails. i didn't know you were taking a class on a Friday night. I would have considered going.
I'm sure it's not too late Diana; call the store! I'll send you the link! I'd love for you to go too; I almost bought you a pass the other day at IAI but didn't want to tempt you into shopping! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2009, 06:13 PM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

You might want to look into to list
Ink About It
Absolutely Everything
Colorful Creations
The Crop Shop
Right At Home Scrapbooking
Scrapbook Cupboard
Scrapbooker's Dream
Scrapper's Discount
The Paper Tree
The Stamp Act
Wholly Scrap

They are all on the shop hop. Some are on the south shore. The store on the Cape carries lots of amuse stamps.

I bought 3 of the passes, we are going to try and hit some of the stores. We make a day of it, have lunch, laugh, shop.

I went to Ink about it on Friday but only bought stuff on sale.
Pia
I was there Friday at about 1:00; did I miss you? We need to wear name tags when we shop, LOL.
My 10 yr old nephew had my name for our family swap for Christmas so his mom took him to Wholly Scrap to shop for me; is that cute or what? He picked out some really fun stuff for me and she put a flyer of thier's in the package so I'm sure I'll be heading there before the end of this hop!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #25  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I was probably there! I think I may have left before 1, how funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:51 AM   #26  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't been to Wholly Scrap since the new ownership. I would stop on the way home from Water Country. I am impressed with you nephew!! My little one bought me 2 stamps from Ink about it.
Pia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #27  
Compulsive Stamper

There is another shop none of you mentioned. Stamped Designs in Dover. Hours are Monday and Thursday 3:00-7:30, Saturday 9-3 and Sunday 10-4.

Lots and Lots of good stuff, many lines of stamps, owner is very knowledgable. It is at 1 Washington Street in the old Clarostat Mill building, second floor. www.stampeddesigns.com

She also has loads of classes and VERY reasonable prices.

www.Anne-Holliday.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #28  
Mad Swapper

Oh My Gosh, I am right here in Hudson and never heard of them! Now their closing :( I am sorry I missed it.Sandy O
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by starsia70View Post
I second the recommendation for The Paper Tree and Michelle the owner. I have not really even been to Amandalinz since the Paper Tree has opened. I am not really a scrapbooker, more a stamper/paper crafter. Michelle caters to both. She started out with less on the stamping side, but demand for stamps changed that so she probably is more 50/50 for supplies. Most of the classes seem to relate to stamping. kim
REally! WOW, last time I was there she had very few stamps and a small invintory. I will have to make a point to stop by there soon. I have taken a few classes there and have enjoyed them.

Quote:

I'm bummed they are closing. They had a great variety of papers and supplies. On a brighter note if you need a stamping/scrapbooking store fix take a trip up to Stamping Memories in Laconia. They just moved into the Belknap Mall and the store is incredible. Can't wait for the kids to get back into school so I can take a trip up there again.
OH, they finally moved! I wonder if we can go without food the next 2 weeks since I am heading up that way Friday and I might as well drop in ;)
Sandy O

Last edited by paulssandy; 01-05-2009 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Oh, I think they are closing, there was a liquidator there selling all the fixtures, etc.
wait, which one? Not the Scrapbookers Dream in Tewskbury? I know she is actually expanding...or at least that is what I heard!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2009, 02:37 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

try Scrapbookers Dream in Tewksbury, MA. She has lots of aMuse Stamps - some Hannah Stamps too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:29 AM   #32  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post
wait, which one? Not the Scrapbookers Dream in Tewskbury? I know she is actually expanding...or at least that is what I heard!
Laurie in Tewksbury (Scrapbookers Dream) is expanding. Amandalinz in Amherst is closing. I was in Tewksbury recently. She is moving the crop room to the side a little and expanding the store into the crop room. If you haven't been there in a while she moved the whole store around already
Pia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:48 AM   #33  
Crimping Master

I just made a Google map of all the stores on the Shop Hop list. I wanted to see which ones were closest to me Maybe other's would find it useful too.

There is one store missing - Scrapper's Discount. I couldn't find their address.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...f8b182e2d2&z=8
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 09:26 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggView Post
I just made a Google map of all the stores on the Shop Hop list. I wanted to see which ones were closest to me Maybe other's would find it useful too.

There is one store missing - Scrapper's Discount. I couldn't find their address.

Hi Pegg! That's so cool; thanks for doing that! I should be able to hit the 5 at the top of the map; yikes, maybe it'll be a GOOD thing (for my wallet) if I don't go south of Boston, LOL! Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #35  

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedYupView Post
There is another shop none of you mentioned. Stamped Designs in Dover. Hours are Monday and Thursday 3:00-7:30, Saturday 9-3 and Sunday 10-4.

Lots and Lots of good stuff, many lines of stamps, owner is very knowledgable. It is at 1 Washington Street in the old Clarostat Mill building, second floor. www.stampeddesigns.com

She also has loads of classes and VERY reasonable prices.
never heard of this store. I wonder how far dover is from Plaistow...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 09:35 AM   #36  

Quote:

Originally Posted by peggView Post

that is too tempting..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #37  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Laurie in Tewksbury (Scrapbookers Dream) is expanding. Amandalinz in Amherst is closing. I was in Tewksbury recently. She is moving the crop room to the side a little and expanding the store into the crop room. If you haven't been there in a while she moved the whole store around already
Pia
OK phew, I heard she was expanding but I wanted to be sure. Wow I can't wait to see how it looks. Less cramped I hope? LOL! That place was always so jammed with stuff - but good stuff :mrgreen:

is she 100% back open for crops and everything, or is she still in the expanding process?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #38  
Compulsive Stamper

Diana: Dover is about 45 minutes to an hour from Plaistow. Shoot right up Rte 125 to the Spaulding Turnpike.

www.Anne-Holliday.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #39  

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedYupView Post
Diana: Dover is about 45 minutes to an hour from Plaistow. Shoot right up Rte 125 to the Spaulding Turnpike.
oh kewl.. thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #40  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pantala40View Post
OK phew, I heard she was expanding but I wanted to be sure. Wow I can't wait to see how it looks. Less cramped I hope? LOL! That place was always so jammed with stuff - but good stuff :mrgreen:

is she 100% back open for crops and everything, or is she still in the expanding process?
I am not sure I have never gone to a crop there. I am hoping to though.
Reply With Quote Likes