Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile favorite scrapbooks

I need help! I love the Creative Memories scrapbooks, but I find myself "tied" in to being chronological when using them. That's great for those that scrapbook regularly, but I don't! I am looking for books that allow more flexibility with pages, yet protects them like a Creative Memories page protector does. Their page protectors slide from right to left over the completed page, while most others offer "drop in" type page protectors(leaving the completed scrapbook page unprotected at the top from the elements). Where, oh where can I find a book that allows completed page flexibility, but also protects them all-around?? Can anyone help or tell me any tips for this dilemma?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 12:12 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

I use Scrap It Simple Scrapbooks. They have velcro pages and it's very easy to move them around. I'll never buy another scrapbook from anyone else!

http://www.scrapitsimple.com/affilia...ate.php?id=109
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

And the scrapbook page is completely enclosed also, so no unprotected tops.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I love my Creative Memories scrapbooks! I don't do chronologal order in them--I bounce all over the place.

In my daughter's school album, I scrap some pages and don't adhere them to the page until the school year is over.

A friend uses CM albums and she doesn't adhere the layout to the page for a long time. She just slides the layout under a page protector until she has the book in the order she wants it in and then she will mount the layout to the actual CM page. You will have to scrap your layout on cardstock or other background paper to do this.

I have heard good things about CTMH's albums, but I think they are top loading.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Stampin Up has 3 ring binder scrapbooks...maybe that would allow more flexibility for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 01:45 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting- I have two creative memories and do like the side load page protectors, but have had them fall apart also and they are hard to put back together. Scrapbook.com has many scrapbooks, but only one side loading one and that is EK success, but is post bound, and I don't mind them.
but only have two selections, but here is a pagwe that shows the page protectors are side loading. I just have my husband put in the post bound extender screws.
http://store.scrapbook.com/ek-ekpp12r01.html
Maybe is you do a "google search" you can find more of a selection
of EK success albums. it was surprising how many albums are top
loading and the EK success says 12 x 12" size also. It will be interesting to see if anyone else comes up with something. Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

What is completed page flexibility? any scrapped page can be moved to another page by just pulling out your finished page out of the protector and moving it to another page in your scrapbook.
aslo, I thought the scrap it simple scrapbooks were interesting, but didn't see that it said top loading or side loading pages; wouldn't one side have to be open to insert your scrapped page. could greatdaneaddict, clarify please
Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh boy, I just figured out what you meant by flixible pages. Creative memories has white scrapbook pages to work on that can't be moved,
easily without taking the book apart.
Most any other scrapbook has a removeable white paper from the page protector, or you can just use decorative scrap paper for each side and skip the white page or simply buy white acid free scrapbook paper or any color for that matter and use it as your page to be scrapped. I think that's also cheaper and I've done that for years, because a lot of scrapbook protector refills don't have the white pages in them only the protective cover.
Is that understandable. so just pull out your scrapped page and move it to another page in your book. Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh boy, I just figured out what you meant by flixible pages. Creative memories has white scrapbook pages to work on that can't be moved,
easily without taking the book apart.
Most any other scrapbook has a removeable white paper from the page protector, or you can just use decorative scrap paper for each side and skip the white page or simply buy white acid free scrapbook paper or any color for that matter and use it as your page to be scrapped. I think that's also cheaper and I've done that for years, because a lot of scrapbook protector refills don't have the white pages in them only the protective cover.
Is that understandable. so just pull out your scrapped page and move it to another page in your book. Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 02:15 PM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

please ignore next message, don't know why it was so ungodly slow posting the message so hit it twice sorry Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2007, 03:05 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use the top loading albums from Close to My Heart. I really like them and I have different colors for each of my children. One pink, one purple and a denim blue. It nice to match the colors and I never scrap in order so this works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamper
What is completed page flexibility? any scrapped page can be moved to another page by just pulling out your finished page out of the protector and moving it to another page in your scrapbook.
aslo, I thought the scrap it simple scrapbooks were interesting, but didn't see that it said top loading or side loading pages; wouldn't one side have to be open to insert your scrapped page. could greatdaneaddict, clarify please
Carolyn
You insert your page into the protector on the right hand side, and then there is a little flap that folds slightly over, so that the page is completely enclosed and you never have to worry about it falling out etc.
Reply With Quote Likes