Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2005, 08:07 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Getting married

My wedding will soon be here. I wasn't sure if I should add a thread stating I was getting married but another said I should. Our wedding is October 8, 2005. I can't believe all the work it has taken. I can't wait to go to disney for the honeymoon. Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed with it all. any ideas on how to try to relax? Thanks guys

Last edited by clln; 07-13-2005 at 08:16 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 08:15 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Relax before a wedding?? Hahahaa! No, really, take one day at a time and enjoy the anticipation. Take a ton of pics of everything because even the pre-wedding stuff is fun to scrapbook. And I LOVE Disney!! Are you going to Disneyland or World? Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

we are going to Disneyworld.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 08:20 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

OOOh, fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Colleen! I got the Pampered Bride invite in the mail! Can't wait. I've never been to a pampered chef bridal shower before.

Brown is supposed to be here, today, with our order. Maybe that will relax you for a little while!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I know. we wil be going at the end of November. The cheapst time. but when is disney ever cheap? lol The whole place will be decorated for Xmas. I cannot wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 08:22 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Talking

I am excited for it too! I have never been to a pampered chef anything!!! I can't wait to grill out and swim!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Wink

alright I love Brown!!! Well, when they don't make any mistakes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 08:31 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I did not stamp when I was planning my wedding, but stamping helps me relax now...

But try to relax somehow...you do not want to be overstressed (some stress is normal, but try to keep it down).

Ah-ha, go to a salon and get a pedicure or something similiar to pamper yourself.

[email protected]

"The joys of parents are secret, and so are their griefs and fears"

-Frances Bacon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 09:27 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

We went to Disneyland for our Honeymoon, we had SO much fun!!!

To relax we went and had a date night a few days before the wedding. Went out for a nice dinner, went for a movie and a quiet walk down by the river. It was perfect to be just with eachother and not talk or have to think about wedding plans Plus the movie we went to see was finding Nemo so it was the perfect lead up to our fun honeymoon!!

Congrats! and have a great time!!

Cheers and Blessings,
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

We're twins I married in June of this year and went to Disneyland- with the exception of the problems with my inlaws I didn't stress at all! I knew (and I was right!) it would all just come together. Just be ready for the day to FLY by you blink and it's over, enjoy and PM me if you have any specific questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

i began coordinating weddings soon after mine own (almost 4 yrs ago)... anyway, my one piece of advise that i offer to all brides-to-be is if anyone offers help, take it! you may not trust them with much, so give them something simple, but take advantage of any help... especially from those close to you and those you trust most! I didn't do this and wish I had!!! i come from the "you want it done right, do it yourself" mentality which i am slowly trying to eradicate from my life! ;) HTH! Best wishes!

"My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives, My Savior's always there for me. My God: He was, my God: He is, My God is always gonna be." (Aaron Shust)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #13  
LOSTchick

Congratulations!!! This is happy news.Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 09:18 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

thank you all for all of your thoughts. It just gets so overwhelming sometimes.
It looks like most of us like disney Stamping does help me calm down a bit. Sometimes i just want to get away from them all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 09:42 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by clln
thank you all for all of your thoughts. It just gets so overwhelming sometimes.
It looks like most of us like disney Stamping does help me calm
down a bit. Sometimes i just want to get away from them all

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

We were there for our wedding 11/15/99 and we got to watch them putting up all the decorations, amazing. Where are you staying?? Are you a frequent disney visitor?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:49 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

We are staying at the beach club resort. I can't wait to go to Mickey's very merry xmas party. I have never been there. My fiance was there when he was 5
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Received 50 Likes on 45 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by clln
We are staying at the beach club resort. I can't wait to go to Mickey's very merry xmas party. I have never been there. My fiance was there when he was 5
Awesome!! Make sure to spend a few minutes at the Grand Floridian. They build a gingerbread house in the lobby big enough for a cast member to stand in and sell gingerbread out of, it is fabulous!

Also, for tips/hints/hidden stuff to do....check out:

www.wdwig.com it takes a while to soak in all the info that site has, but well worth it!

have a great time!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:55 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

great!! thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

We also went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon, and it was so much fun!!! It really was the perfect honeymoon, in my opinion. We got the "romance package" and with that came a horse-drawn carriage ride, a free meal, and a few other things. For our free meal we ate at the California Grill, and timed our reservations (oh, excuse, I mean "priority seating" arrangements ;) ) so that we could watch the fireworks display over the Magic Kingdom while we ate dessert. It was wonderful!!!

We also ate at the Brown Derby at MGM, Cinderella's Castle at the Magic Kingdom, and I forget the other places. We tried to get over to Epcot each day for lunch and eat in a different country, which was fun. Beware - if you eat the lamb in Morocco it will stick with you for the rest of the day!! LOL It was good, but I really didn't want to be tasting it all day.

Oh, and at Cinderella's Castle we mentioned that we were on our honeymoon and they gave us free champagne glasses. Woohoo! We also got free upgrades to first class on our flights because DH told them we were on our honeymoon and he did a good sales job. If you can find a way to work that into the conversation you can get lots of free stuff... At one restaurant DH said, "We're on our honeymoon and want to get a special dessert tonight. What would you recommend?" And walah - free dessert! Anyway, I feel like I am babbling but we had such a great time and I know you will too!!

Just remember, when it's all said and done you will be married even if all of the little details didn't come off right, and that's really the important thing. Don't get too stressed!!!

~Erin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

wow erin sounds great

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 08:06 PM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

I got married on Oct.9th last year. I'll tell you what you don't want to do the morning of your wedding...

I went to have a massage(thought it would relax me) and all I could think of was that I needed to get ready and that it was taking such a long time to get this massage over with. Then just when I was done, the lady took me in to a mood relaxing room w/soft meditation music and water running. She gave me one of those pariffin hand waxes, then put my hands inside these hot gloves. She left me sitting there for what seemed like an eternity. How could I relax...I really think she had forgotten about me. I didn't know what time it was getting to be (they don't believe in clocks there) and I still had to take another shower, get to where they were putting on my makeup, and had to get by my friend that was doing my hair and helping me get ready. I downed two smirnoffs, while she was finishing up on my dew.. and I was thinking I'm going to be late for my own wedding!!! I wasn't of course...just made it.
So if anyone tells you to have a massage that morning.... go ahead, just make sure you have plenty of time...it took like two hours!!!
By the way Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! gabbygab
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2005, 04:12 AM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Stress reduction

Get some "pan flute" music. Pan Flute is like traditional Irish Celtic. Research has shown it to be a proven stress reducer. It's awesome. I use it alot. Play it while you're stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 07:13 PM   #23  
Mad Swapper

I love celtic music I will have to try that. And I will make sure not to have a massage the day of

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #24  
Mini Quack

Default getting married

Disney world is awesome...tell everyone it is your honeymoon and you may get surprised... DFowntown disney is so nice at night... All of it is great...So function now...get to that special day... then Enjoy all that comes your way... CONGRATULATIONS... BLESSINGS FOR A BEAUTIFL WEDDING AND A HAPPY LIFETIME
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2005, 06:52 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

CONGRATULATIONS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 09:32 AM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

Talking Congrats and Best Wishes

My husband and I have been married for a little nine years, we were high school sweethearts. We got married at 19 and no we don't have any children. We got married because we knew we loved eachother, we love eachother now more than ever. I figured I would give you an idea of whom was offering you some advice. Planning a wedding can be so overwhelming. Trust me I know I planned my own wedding and I was also in nursing school.
My biggest suggestion is slow down and relax because if you don't if just one thing goes wrong on your wedding day you will blow up and it will ruin your wedding day and your memory of your day. So a few things, don't have a facial, massage or haircolor done the week before the wedding. Because one if you are tensed up this will only make it worse and two you may have a reaction to the facial or the color may come out compltely wrong. Also let your bridegroom help you out if their is something you are feeling a bit unsure of let him help you, it's his wedding too, plus he needs to see how mcuh stress and work it is. I did this when I was getting married and my husband surprised me about 3 weeks before our wedding and took me back to where he had preposed to me and he planned the whole weekend. I must say that was the best medicine for my stressed out nerves. At least I knew he understood how much work this wedding was and how stressed I was about it. After that weekend everything else just seem to fallinto place, because I figured what ever happens you can't change so roll with it. The onl other thing I will leave you with becaus eyou didn't mention if you had a wedding planner or not, I didn' and my wedding of 378 people went off without one problem. What I did was make a schedule of the 3 days leading up tp the wedding. I gave on to every single person who was going to be in the wedding or who was going to be working at my wedding. It laid out the times of rehersal and rehersal dinner, picking up of any tux's or dresses, then for the weddign day I laid out the start time, time for pictures(by the way I suggest you do all the picture except the bride and bridegroom pics before you get married it cuts down on peole just waiting around for you for ever), arrival at reception, annoucements by DJ regarding bridal party, dinner start time, dance start time, cake start time, money dance start time, first dance, father daughter dance, you get the idea. The times aren't going to be exact but if you lay out a plan then evryone is on the same page and no one can get confused at to what to do next. I hope this info wasn't to overwhelming and I wishyou all the best. My husband and I took a month long honeymoon, and traveled all over the place, we did stop at disney and we were upgraded to the honeymoon suite, even though we were only there 3 days. It was great because every city we went even in other countries we were upgraded of given free dinners and such just because people found out we were on our honeymoon. So try it you just might get a few things you weren't expecting.
Congratulations and may you both have a wonderful and blessed future. Good luck, melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2005, 04:09 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

thanks for the great advice.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2005, 04:31 PM   #28  
Glitter Queen

Congratulations Colleen! I live near Disneyworld. You will love honeymooning there. Definitely have a massage. Definitely try doing some yoga. Most definitely stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2005, 04:38 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

I hear that yoga is very relaxing... I am takinga yoga class next week.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Like others on this thread, I went to Disney World on my honeymoon. I have been married for a little over six years and I love it! I think I have the world's best husband - of course, I AM VERY prejudiced!!!

For all of you that are going to FL and enjoying Disney, Epcot, and other's, if you have the time, money, or inclination, there is a dinner theater place called Arabian Nights. It is a place that serves dinner while a horse show goes on on the "stage". The link is below:

http://www.arabian-nights.com/html/HTML_story.asp

That was the surprise that I gave my husband on our honeymoon. It was ssooo much fun.

Weddings are definitely stressful! It was on me for sure! I wish you the best of luck!

Have fun in FL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #31  
Mad Swapper

Thanks!!! that sounds great!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2005, 05:56 PM   #32  
Glitter Queen

Congrats! My wedding is September 24 of this fall. Yikes I can't believe how soon it is. All those little things are starting to collect into things that finally need to be done and can finally get done.

Disney would be a fun honeymoon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2005, 06:28 AM   #33  
Mad Swapper

WOW!!! congrats to you also. The time is flying by! Just a few more loose ends to take care of
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 05:20 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Default Congradulations

I see you already have been given some good advice in this thread but I'd like to give you some more. Try not to stress too much, although it is important it is only one day. We had a wonderful wedding, there were some small things that didn't go as planned but we enjoyed it. One bit of advise that I was given, was planning on doing, but just didn't think it was that important compared to everything else that needed to be done was to set a plate aside for the bride and groom for later that evening. As we were leaving to go to our bed and breakfast we were starving and stopped to the apartment to have chicken nuggets. The wedding food would have been a lot better. Another idea that we did do is helpfull if one side of the family (my husband's) gets irrated by clinking of glasses and the other side (my family) insists on seeing the bride and groom kiss every 2 seconds. We did a scavenger hunt of items that signified different special times. One was a bowling ball, because we met when we went bowling with mutual friends. Another was Gene Simmons and Anne of Green Gables because I searched everywhere for wedding toppers but could not find a black haired groom and red headed bride. My husband who is a big KISS fan teased me by suggesting using one of his Kiss figures and getting married on Prince Edward Island, Anne of Green Gables figures are everywhere. It's great to see what people can actually come up with and how creative they can be. Someone took a toothpick and put three holes in a chocolate ball for a bowling ball. It's something that is really good in a scrapbook afterward too.
Anyway it is really easy to get carried away, put just relax.

I came, I saw, I stamped!
Reply With Quote Likes