Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: New catty...what do you think?
I absolutely love it...well worth the wait. 254 29.74%
I like most of it, but will miss some of the old sets. 251 29.39%
Not the best but it will do. Nothing that made me go wow! 313 36.65%
I hate it! What were they thinking? 36 4.22%
Voters: 854. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #81  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapaholic007View Post
IMO this catty has the best samples yet. But why aren't the designers of those samples credited??? I'm sorry for them, I'd love to know who created them.

The designers are Concept Artists for Stampin' Up! and actually work AT Stampin' Up! & with them to design the cards. The process is very long and involves more than one individual. If they were demonstrators submitting the samples then I can see giving them credit but the samples are mainly made by SU's team.

Robyn

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 02:03 PM   #82  
Matboard Maniac

I just have to say.....I LOVE IT!!!!! I may be biased but I do love it. It is the best one I have seen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever

I'm pretty non plussed about it.. I think I have 5 sets I'll get and that's it. The papers are cool but as for the rubbah itself...nothing really turns me on or replaces what they took away. overall I am much more let down than impressed..time for new blood..new artists. ;]
I can get these sets online elsewhere or in the stores...similar anyway.. I'm sad honestly :{
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #84  
Rubber Obsessor

I've only had one quick look at the online catty so far, and I can hardly wait to get my hard copy from my demo. So far, I liked most of what I saw, but I agree with some of the other posters who said their opinion of some of these sets might change when they saw some stuff made with them. I've only been buying SU for a year, and I've noticed my opinion changing on a couple of sets that I had previously passed up. This will be my first year with my own catty, so I'm a little excited about that.

Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #85  
Crimping Master

I only get to see my Demo once E/O month, she is no longer on SCS as she was banned, so I haven't even chatted with her, let alone see the cattie yet...is there a way to see it online?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #86  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by petuniascrapsView Post
I only get to see my Demo once E/O month, she is no longer on SCS as she was banned, so I haven't even chatted with her, let alone see the cattie yet...is there a way to see it online?
It's available on the Stampin'Up! website as of today!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #87  
Crimping Master

COOL, I'll have to go check it out
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #88  
Stampin' Fool

Does anyone have the dormant list or whatever its called? The sets not in the catalog is what I mean.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 03:12 PM   #89  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the new "Baroque" line. I'm really pleased to see the new sentiment sets-I think they're quite good. The new music set is terrific - something I've needed for a long time and in a style I really like.

I'm also very happy to see a card stock assortment pack for the neutral color family!

I've only seen the catty online, and the details of many of the "sketchy" sets were difficult to discern. I have a feeling I've missed a lot of cute stuff. It will be fun to see them IRL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #90  
Crimping Master

everyone was right about the wheels...MANY nice ones. I saw a few sets I like, and a few bkgds. It was difficult to see all the details online. I do not like that they did away with 12 x 12 CS. They raised all the prices but not the hostess benefits...so now you get less for your $150, and less for your $15 free. I think they should have at least bumped it up to $20 for the beginning number.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 04:58 PM   #91  
Cardstock Collector

Default Loved it

We are getting ready to move and so I'm nervous that my husband may notice how many boxes my "stamp room" take up. I may be in trouble. With that said my wish list is two pages long! I was cleaning out my closet and found some very old SU! catalogs. My first one was from 1998. After looking back, and finally parting with those old ones, SU! has come along way and has done a fabulous job keeping up with the changing trends. Come on, Martha is even competition now! Is there anything that lady won't do? I love everything about the catalog even though it's not ALL my style. I'm a paper punch addict. I'm currently hosting a club with three beginners and appreciate the new format! My only complaint is that dumb preview catalog. Come on save the money and just mail demonstrators their copy earlier. I didn't get my until Friday at 5:30. I now have permanent pace marks in the floor from waiting all week! I emailed SU! one bit of hate mail about that. Love the catalog, as always, and worth the wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #92  
Rubber Obsessor

I haven't gotten around to making a list yet -- I'm a little scared to see how much money I'm looking at. What I did last year to make my "list" (since all I had was the online catty) was to print out the larger view of the set I was interested in, and then I had my own mini-hard-copy to look at. I don't know if I'll do that this year or not, since I'll actually be getting my own catty. There was a bunch of stuff that I ooh'd and aah'd at, and of course, there were a few things that didn't do anything for me at all.

The catty seemed a bit smaller than last year's, but I just keep reminding myself that there will be a new catty come January, so the whole 2007-2008 combined catty could actually be larger than last year's.

BTW, if you're having trouble seeing the pages and details at the online catty, try using the zoom or magnifier option. That's usually what I do. The single page view is usually close enough for me, but I've used the zoom a lot, too.

Gotta go back to the online catty and gawk some more before I can pick up the real thing.

Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #93  
Insane Embellisher

Well, I spent most of the afternoon looking through the online catty. I am not as excited about this one. I guess maybe it is just me. I have so many sets in my "collection" that it really takes a WOW set to get me to buy. I guess this will be a good time for me to put to use the sets I have and save some money while I am at it :-)
That will definilty make DH a very happy man!!! LOL
Of course this opnion may change a great deal once I see what others create in the gallery!! :-) That is so often the case!!!
Wendy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #94  
Cardstock Collector

I saw a number of sets I like, but was surprised to see my wish list is not as long as I first thought it would be.

I was hoping for more nice florals / nature stamps, especially in the two-step format. I did see a couple of Christmas sets I liked, but they are similar to some I have so I'm debating on those.

I did like several of the examples, especially that scalloped circle punch with the many ways to use that. Must have been a favorite of the design team

Will there still be a Fall / Winter Mini Catalog to tide us over until the January release on the next large catalog?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #95  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by klsbearView Post
Will there still be a Fall / Winter Mini Catalog to tide us over until the January release on the next large catalog?
Shouldn't there be a SUMMER mini-catalogue, too? I could be confused, though. Was the one that finished in June the Spring mini or the Summer mini?

Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

My wish list consists mainly of jumbo wheels that I find easier to use than large background stamps - small hands!! Doodle, So Swirly, and Rough texture (not new) and speckled are on my list. Priceless and Double line doodle are the only new sets I wrote down. Lovely as a tree tops my list and watercolor vine jumbo - both in old catty. You're Neat is also a favorite. The only other set I am looking at is Loads of Love accessories to give a friend as a gift - she bought Loads of Love last month. I do like the IN Colors a lot, and the papers are great, as everyone else has discovered. I like the 3 in one punch box but can't justify the price - anyone have an idea of the breakdown - is it a fair price for what you get? I don't wanna pay for the tin!!! As with everything that gets a huge build up, the reality of the new catty is a bit of a let down. I was thinking of signing on as a demo but not thrilled enough to SELL these sets. Maybe in January.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #97  
Matboard Maniac

With now have 2 larger catalogs a year they went away from as many minis. They will have a holiday mini between the july and january catalog and an occasions catalog between january and july. There will also be the sell-a-bration mini as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

My total is $183
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #99  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Default yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnysnowflakeView Post
Does anyone have the dormant list or whatever its called? The sets not in the catalog is what I mean.
that to is available online. If you can't get it posot back and I can copy it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 06:41 PM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Default No catty here yet ;[

Quote:

Originally Posted by pink flamingoView Post
We are getting ready to move and so I'm nervous that my husband may notice how many boxes my "stamp room" take up. I may be in trouble. With that said my wish list is two pages long! I was cleaning out my closet and found some very old SU! catalogs. My first one was from 1998. After looking back, and finally parting with those old ones, SU! has come along way and has done a fabulous job keeping up with the changing trends. Come on, Martha is even competition now! Is there anything that lady won't do? I love everything about the catalog even though it's not ALL my style. I'm a paper punch addict. I'm currently hosting a club with three beginners and appreciate the new format! My only complaint is that dumb preview catalog. Come on save the money and just mail demonstrators their copy earlier. I didn't get my until Friday at 5:30. I now have permanent pace marks in the floor from waiting all week! I emailed SU! one bit of hate mail about that. Love the catalog, as always, and worth the wait!
;[
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #101  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmomthestamperView Post
I'm pretty non plussed about it.. I think I have 5 sets I'll get and that's it. The papers are cool but as for the rubbah itself...nothing really turns me on or replaces what they took away. overall I am much more let down than impressed..time for new blood..new artists. ;]
I can get these sets online elsewhere or in the stores...similar anyway.. I'm sad honestly :{
I agree w/ this whole heartedly.
I can do w/o any of the new sets, but I do love the new papers and ribbons.
This catty seems to be more focused on the textures rather than the rubber this time out.
They are taking a more CTMH approach, even w/ the new catty quarters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #102  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcmdwsView Post
My wish list consists mainly of jumbo wheels that I find easier to use than large background stamps - small hands!!
They did go crazy w/ the Jumbo wheels this time.
I don't much like the jumbo wheel scenes, but I like the new texture ones and the love the headline ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #103  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, I am a scrapper and I really love what they have done coordinating paper/stamps/punches. That is going to be a great thing for SU demos.

The stamps and paper and accessories are very on trend and stylish. I also love how they put coordinating accessories on the bottom of the pages, especially punches. I love how they coordinate punches and stamp sets. I've been waiting for some line to do this, and my purchases will be along those lines - especially the stamps that go with the label and tab punches.

Drawbacks:
- Everything is just a touch overpriced compared to competitors. I can buy a lot of the same punches for $3 - $4 less at my LSS. I was just looking at them yesterday. I will probably get a couple that really are exclusive, and I'm a sucker for the punch boxes.
- Ditto for the Simply Scrappin kits. I think they might've done better if the separated the paper kits from the stickers. I don't really use stickers, so for me to buy a Simply Scrappin kit would be quite a waste. Which is a shame because the paper is lovely.
- SU should've gone with photopolymer for some options - I really like All in The Family, but buying that set wood would make me crazy. Same with the snow man set. I mean, that style is the rage for clear stamps, but it doesn't mean it will translate to rubber (and vice versa, too, I am not knocking wood/rubber stamps).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #104  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love it! I am frustrated by the price increase and wish there weren't so many flowers. I like flowers but seriously, I only need a couple sets. I have a very long wish list. I'll have to narrow it down because I cannot afford it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #105  
Matboard Maniac

love the new catty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #106  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmomthestamperView Post
that to is available online. If you can't get it posot back and I can copy it
I am looking. What category is it under?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2007, 10:07 PM   #107  
Stampin' Fool

After my third time thru the new catty, my wish list is still under $100. Only one set and 3 wheels caught my eye, like the Baroque and swirling things. Just wish they had more scenes or nature or little girls. I like detailed artwork, not the stick figures or cartoonish kid stuff.

I kinda feel relieved that I don't need much from this catty. Have bought too much in the past and have too many unused sets calling to me. So it is back to my big stash of old sets. I have oldies back to 1992 and have all the cattys back to 1995.

If SU keeps up this new trend I will save a lot of money and actually get to use what I have already.

Happy Stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #108  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to say I am very disappointed in the new catty! I'm so glad I'm not a SU demo as I don't think these sets are going to sell well, and sure can't get very excited about any of them!

Too many "ink and stamp " stamps and way too few sketch stamps to colour with watercolours , prisma pencil crayons etc. Too much repetition - flowers, doodles, - the catalogue looks to me geared to the beginning stamper or the hurried stamper. It also looks much more geared towards the scrapper rather than the stamper.

Oh well, maybe as I see things on SCS using the new sets I'll feel differently - but I am really disappointed. Not much choice or variety.

Nothing on my wish list! Glad there are lots of other stamp vendors!

Sorry guys!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 02:55 AM   #109  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I can honestly say I didn't really like last year's catty. I don't care for this years either. There are a couple of sets that I like. I like the designer papers. I felt in the accessories section was crammed together. Just my opinion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:17 AM   #110  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 459 Likes on 348 Posts

[quote=debzi333;6351969]Too many "ink and stamp " stamps and way too few sketch stamps to colour with watercolours , prisma pencil crayons etc. Too much repetition - flowers, doodles, - the catalogue looks to me geared to the beginning stamper or the hurried stamper. It also looks much more geared towards the scrapper rather than the stamper.
quote]

I totally agree with this, Deborah! There is not a new flower set in the bunch that is useable to me. Where are the beautiful realistic sets of any kind?

The order I sent in yesterday had a total of two stamp sets! Everything else was ink pads, card stock, and reinkers of the new in colors. How very sad!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 AM   #111  
Pearl-ExPert

Like I've said in other threads: love it, love it, LOVE IT!! SU really hit the mark for me...IMO it's the best catalog ever!! Everything in it is so my style. Anyway, nuff said.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 04:15 AM   #112  
Glitter Guru

None of the new sets really wow'ed me but I'm sure that will change once I start seeing samples on here.

I'm not a fan of the new layout with the accessories listed on the bottom. Just seems like a lot of wasted space to me.

I am curious to see and feel the new textured 12x12 paper and I like the looks of the pattern papers. I just wish their patterned papers weren't so expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 AM   #113  
Stazon Splitcoast

I looked at it online due to my demonstrator not delivering...not overly impressed and I agree with most that I probably will not be purchasing much ...but use what I already have.

:!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 04:30 AM   #114  
Insane Embellisher

It seems skimpy b/c they split the catty up into 2 per year instead of one big one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:23 AM   #115  
Matboard Maniac

I am neither wowed or disappointed. I wonder if my viewing of the catty spoiler thread made seeing the new catalog a little like Christmas...I was so excited but when I actually saw it there were no real surprises! I love the look of the new catalog and the layout and there are DEFINATELY some must haves for me! I am sure after seeing samples on SCS my wish list will grow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 05:47 AM   #116  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

I loved it! There was a lot of new stuff that is my style. I'm very into the baroque and shabby chick...I have to agree that I don't like the stick figures, but I'm sure some do so I don't mind them being there! lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 06:54 AM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
I have to say I am very disappointed in the new catty! I'm so glad I'm not a SU demo as I don't think these sets are going to sell well, and sure can't get very excited about any of them!

Too many "ink and stamp " stamps and way too few sketch stamps to colour with watercolours , prisma pencil crayons etc. Too much repetition - flowers, doodles, - the catalogue looks to me geared to the beginning stamper or the hurried stamper. It also looks much more geared towards the scrapper rather than the stamper.

Oh well, maybe as I see things on SCS using the new sets I'll feel differently - but I am really disappointed. Not much choice or variety.

Nothing on my wish list! Glad there are lots of other stamp vendors!

Sorry guys!
I totally agree with you! I like to color but everything seems to be the doodle drawings.

I'm not that impressed with this catty. Maybe I'll change my mind once I get it in my hands but there was only ONE thing in the catty that I said "Ooh I have to have that". And it wasn't anything special, it was the My ABCs wheel on page 160, and I just thought that would be nice for my kids so I didn't have to buy them that special lined paper. Geez. Well at least I know this catty won't cost me a lot. Usually the stamps get me. They're just not my style. At first I thought maybe I'm just not into stamping anymore but then I thought that can't be it because I love Whipper Snapper stuff. I guess SU is just going towards a style I'm just not into anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 07:36 AM   #118  
Polyshrink Goddess

Stampers Vs Scrappers. That sounds like a modern Arts and Crafts version of West Side Story!

Anyway (don't let that first side thought distract you like it did me!), I was hoping to have more stamps that I could use my prismas with....after hounding and asking a few members about how to color, I wanted to try my hand at some new sets. I guess not! However, I am sure there is something for everyone. Yes, I like the fact that they tell you how to use the punches and the papers, etc.

Overall, I see that there is not a resounding YES to the new catty.

I can't wait to see some samples from the wow crowd here!!! Does anyone know of anyone that has already posted new sets in their gallery?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #119  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just looked at the online Catalog. I can't say I love it. But I certainly don't hate it either.

I found some stamp set's that I found really cute and pretty.

My Wish list totals up to $150.00. But who know's that list might change when I see the catalog in my hands.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #120  
Rubber Obsessor

I just made my list. I only have 4 or 5 on my serious wish list so far, but I've got a whole page of possibles that may or may not ever make it onto the serious list.

Totals so far (in CDN $):
Top of wish list: $109
Entire wish list: $566

I think I may have to eliminate quite a few of those possibles. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes