Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regional seminar

I've just been invited to attend the Kentucky Regional Seminar with my demo. I have no idea what goes on at this event. Could someone give me an idea of what the day might be like? If this has already been posted if you could just lead me towards that thread I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2005, 07:13 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is primarily an event for demonstrators. If there is room after the first 3 days or so of registration, they open it up to anyone that is interested. The fee is $75 and that includes a box lunch and a stamp set. There will be two stamping sessions in which you will create projects that use the new stamp set (which, by the way, will be a set that becomes available to the general public in the 2006-2007 Idea Book & Catalog). There are presentations given by several "speakers". Usually some "Workshop Wows" (at the last regional I attended they showed Crayon Resist and ColorBlocking), and some business tips. There are many displays and lots of excited stampers swapping cardfronts. It's a fun day. If you've ever considered signing up, this will make your mind up to go ahead and do it (of course, you should take advantage of the good sign up deal going on through August).

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #3  
ncs
Polyshrink Goddess

Grammy,
I feel honored to have gone to two Regionals as a guest...once in Cinncinati and more recently in Columbus. Let me just tell you....it is one awesome day! How neat that Stampin' Up lets guests attend...At the first one, I got to meet Shelli Gardner and she signed my catalog (wow! what a nice lady!). That is priceless! The positive energy at these events is wonderful! Take PLENTY of film...and make sure you have an extra camera battery. (If I didn't have my extra battery at the last one, I would have missed a photo op with other Stampin' UP "celebs". ) There are great projects, the stamp set, the swaps and tons of samples to take pics of...not to mention the awesome stampin' tips and techniques you'll learn.
My demo and I talked about going to the Louisville one, but it is a five hour drive. Maybe next time. You can bet I'd be there if I could! I hope you have the BEST time!
I'm seriously thinking of becoming a demo and if you are even "on the fence" about signing up...I bet if you don't do it this month or next that you'll be really ready after Regionals...too exciting!
Can you tell I REALLY liked going? lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 05:20 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for the info. Just one more question; are the demos the only ones trading card fronts or do the guests take part, too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 05:51 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Everybody swaps, we don't really care who you are Be sure to bring at least 50, possibly more and they don't need to be full cards. Card fronts will do. This will save you money cause you won't need as much c/s. The swapping is usually done first thing as we are waiting to register. Most people have card fronts but some have 6x6 and 3d items.

My upline, downline and a guest are all going to the Saturday session so we hope to see you there. In fact, there are a few of us from SCS trying to plan a get together for Friday evening. THere is a thread in the demo section on it but if you are interested in going, I can let you know the details.

Since I can't make it to convention this year, I am getting really excited for the Louisville Regional. Hope to see you there!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 06:31 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

You ladies have been so helpful, thank you so much. This is my demo's first go-round so we're both learning. Afraid we couldn't make it for a get together, we'll be arriving very late Friday evening. But thanks for the invite!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Default Regionals in Louisville, KY

There will be three of us from Northeastern Ohio attending the Regionals in Louisville, KY on September 3. Anyone else going. Hope to meet some of you there. This will be my first one. Would have like to go to conference but that wasn't possible this year. Sounds like regionals will be a lot of fun. Really looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 08:28 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking

I could'nt go to convention either this year. I am going to Regionals on the 3rd also. This will be my first ever. I am soooo excited. There is 4 of us going from Indianapolis. How many swaps do you usually take to this event? I sent 100 swaps with a friend to convention, should I make that many for regionals?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 06:46 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Talking Regionals

My upline was way to cool to invite me to regionals in KY. I am still fairly a newbie ( I started card making in Feb 05'). I was addicted as soon as I started. I am so excited and can not wait!! I honestly have to give a big, hugh thanks to my upline for sharing this opportunity with me. THANKS T.H.
Thanks for the tip on the camera thing I would of never thought about that.
Addicted2Stampin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 06:34 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Ok I just turned in my demo paperwork and live in Indiana when is this regional in Indianapolis and can anyone that is a demo go and how late can you sign up? My upline doesn't do any of this so I will be on my own.

Thanks for info that you can give me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 08:42 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

The closest regional to Indianapolis will be the Louisville one on September 2-3. It is a one day event so you can choose either Friday or Sat and it is $75. As far as I know, it has not been filled but registration is closed (I think). They will probably have last chance registration but I forget what date it will be. I would either call DS on Monday and see if you can still register or what date the last chance registration will be or you can check the SU website under special events to get more info.

I hope you can go. It will be really fun, as last year was. We swap, chat, learn new techniques and get to meet some of the big wigs from SU, including (hopefully) Shelli.

There are several threads going on this, including one where we are discussing having dinner Friday night. I hope to meet you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 08:48 AM   #12  
ncs
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Hey Stacy...

Stacy,
Did you go to the one in Columbus last year? I see you are in Ohio, too. I went as a guest and was thrilled to be there! I'm signing my demo papers tonight and will not longer be a guest, but a demo if I get to go to regionals in the future. Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 09:23 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Thank you so much for the information I will be on a cruise on those dates in Sept. (I know poor me) maybe I can make the next one I sure would love to go.
Quote:

Originally Posted by sml1170
The closest regional to Indianapolis will be the Louisville one on September 2-3. It is a one day event so you can choose either Friday or Sat and it is $75. As far as I know, it has not been filled but registration is closed (I think). They will probably have last chance registration but I forget what date it will be. I would either call DS on Monday and see if you can still register or what date the last chance registration will be or you can check the SU website under special events to get more info.

I hope you can go. It will be really fun, as last year was. We swap, chat, learn new techniques and get to meet some of the big wigs from SU, including (hopefully) Shelli.

There are several threads going on this, including one where we are discussing having dinner Friday night. I hope to meet you!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 11:27 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncs
Stacy,
Did you go to the one in Columbus last year? I see you are in Ohio, too. I went as a guest and was thrilled to be there! I'm signing my demo papers tonight and will not longer be a guest, but a demo if I get to go to regionals in the future. Yeah!

Congrats on becoming a demo! Yes, I was at the Columbus Regionals last year with my upline. It was so much fun! This year will be even better because I will have my downline and best friend with me, too. I even know what one of my cards will be for swaps and I hope to start on those this week. I am somewhat of a procrastinator so I better start now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2005, 07:53 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymouse
Thank you so much for the information I will be on a cruise on those dates in Sept. (I know poor me) maybe I can make the next one I sure would love to go.
Just come to Memphis Maggie - just 50 miles from me - we would have a blast!

Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2005, 04:35 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by acopisshe
Just come to Memphis Maggie - just 50 miles from me - we would have a blast!

Angie
I might just do that you can never tell where mighty mouse is going to show up.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2005, 01:49 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymouse
I might just do that you can never tell where mighty mouse is going to show up.
Are you from the Evansville/Newburgh area?
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes