Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2006, 09:53 AM   #81  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMBlessed5
Barb (luv my dolly) - nice "bait" on the TAC bennies subject but I ain't bitin'. OR disputing. Was that one of the "TAC bashing" suggestions going on in the SU demo only forum here on SCS? Yep, heard all about it.

Hey ya'll, if you want to discuss things without all the bashing and arguing, come to A Shade of Blue. We love ALL stampers, scrapbookers, companies, everything!
I am sorry you misinterpreted my question. I had a legitimate question just like any other question that is posed in these forums. I asked my question and it was answered by Skittl1321 (thank you Skittl1321).

As far as the "TAC Bashing suggestions" that you mentioned, I am not sure what you are talking about. Your "source" must be embellishing the story.

Why is it OK for anyone to say negative things about SU but when someone says TAC has high pricing on paper it is taken as "bashing".

If A Shade of blue is so great, why do you hang out on SCS?? Not trying to be snarky just wondering. If I felt it was so bad on this site, I certainly wouldn't frequent these forums.

I am obviously a SU demo and I LOVE it!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 10:42 AM   #82  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWheeler
Wow, I am so amazed by this thread! I came here to share my excitement about the Fall Supplement and didn't expect all of this. Apparently some have never heard "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"
Hi Joyce-I just want to say I am glad that you are excited about the fall supplement. One point of my post above was that with all the new products that come out-there will be folks that hate what you love. It happens to SU here regularly and what *I* have learned is to keep those comments in mind-in fact sometimes I think of responses or the best way to answer MY customers if they have the same questions.

I absolutely think some things that people choose to disagree with leave me a bit :confused: , but again that happens when the new SU minis are put out as well. So while I of course choose to think wonderful things about the company I decided to demo for (as I am sure all the TAC, CTMH, SU, etc. do as well) I also know not everyone will like the same thing. It took me a long time to grow a *bit* of a thicker skin about it, and my thinner skinned areas still pop up as well, LOL;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #83  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Hey ya'll, if you want to discuss things without all the bashing and arguing, come to A Shade of Blue. We love ALL stampers, scrapbookers, companies, everything! :grin:
ya know I was reading through the thread again and I re-read this part, and in a way it makes me a bit sad. Daven and Tracy Nolta have done a wonderful job of getting this website running and thriving, and were kind enough to allow us all in. I am probably protetctive of this site like demos are of the their products on the threads here, LOL ;) . But to down this site and promote another one on here seems a bit of a slap to those who volunteer to keep the site running. There are many many many many folks who do things like:
moderate the forums
keep the gallery flowing
post challenges
arrange VSN nights
help others find info that is helpful
post their artwork for others
make wonderful comments and help encourage all stampers

So to act as if the site is such an awful place because of a very small number of threads versus the LITERALLY thousands that are started each week seems a bit skewed. :???:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #84  
ch
Mad Swapper

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
ya know I was reading through the thread again and I re-read this part, and in a way it makes me a bit sad. Daven and Tracy Nolta have done a wonderful job of getting this website running and thriving, and were kind enough to allow us all in. I am probably protetctive of this site like demos are of the their products on the threads here, LOL ;) . But to down this site and promote another one on here seems a bit of a slap to those who volunteer to keep the site running. There are many many many many folks who do things like:
moderate the forums
keep the gallery flowing
post challenges
arrange VSN nights

So to act as if the site is such an awful place because of a very small number of threads versus the LITERALLY thousands that are started each week seems a bit skewed. :???:
THANK YOU BRITTA!! (yes, I'm yelling!). I can't say thanks enough for all the great things I've learned on SCS. The weekly newsletter is so amazing, the monthly DDD is by far the best value for my money (if I could only study it in my jet tub:confused I love the SU demo forum; it has been such a boost to my business. The daily challenges give me so many new ways to 'think outside the box'. There will always be a few negative comments because this site has so many members. But, this is America, we can give our opinions. I think most that disagree with an OP do it in a kind way. I don't think it is wrong to disagree or give your take on a post. I appeciate all the time and energy that goes to keeping this site up and running. Thank you Britta, Daven, Tracy etc. etc. This is my favorite stamping site! Keep up the great work!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 11:48 AM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

I posted this on the demo side, too:

I promise to hold my tongue from now on, but I don't think this problem will go away. I don't think the issue is bashing other companies. For example, we see lots of hype about other stamp companies like Amuse... with no bashing. I think it has do with this site representing a direct sales company and another direct sales company trying to gain customers.

Just my 2 cents at what I think the root of the problem is. I could be wrong, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:02 PM   #86  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

moderate the forums
keep the gallery flowing
post challenges
arrange VSN nights

AMEN!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:12 PM   #87  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70

I promise to hold my tongue from now on, but I don't think this problem will go away. I don't think the issue is bashing other companies. For example, we see lots of hype about other stamp companies like Amuse... with no bashing. I think it has do with this site representing a direct sales company and another direct sales company trying to gain customers.

Just my 2 cents at what I think the root of the problem is. I could be wrong, though.
I honestly agree with you. But I didn't post the supplement to gain customers. I posted it so people would see that a new supplement is up. Lots of people here already purchase TAC. Other's might not- and well, maybe TAC would gain a customer... who knows.

But this is what I don't understand- how is it being a direct sales company make it any different. When I was an SU exclusive customer, I spent all my money with SU. Then I found out about Cornish Heritage Farms- from this site. My SU spending decreased- because I found somewhere else to buy from. Same thing happened when I learned about Amuse. But when people post about CHF or Amuse- no one gets defensive. It doesn't make sense that it's just because it's not direct sales. It's still a competitor. I have a finite number of stamping dollars- and EVERY post about a different stamp product has the capability to take away money from X company's demos, if customers who previously were completely exclusive to X company find out about another product.

I personally am a TAC hobby demo- with a growing, but unexpected, customer base. Ever cent of my stamping money I save by purchasing TAC stamps (which I do believe for the most part are less expensive- large alphabets being the exception) goes to other stamping purchases. Many of those stamping purchases will be from SU. Before I just wouldn't purchase things like dazzling diamonds, clear buttons, and wheel containers because I didn't have money in my budget. Because I shop around for my rubber I can now purchase those and more beautiful cardstock instead.

As for this being a site representing a direct sales company, it was my understanding, garnered from posts by the administrators, that while this site was founded to keep an SU downline intouch- it has grown since then, and all companies are welcome to be represented. If all companies are not welcome, I'd like for the administrators to speak up, and I (and I'm sure all the other) company demos and design team members will refrain from posting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:20 PM   #88  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

moderate the forums
keep the gallery flowing
post challenges
arrange VSN nights

I don't think ske was posting to send people away from here. I think she was posting because she was frustrated at this thread and possibly some others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:23 PM   #89  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70

Show me where it says that this is a Stampin' Up site? SO what if the gallery is listed as all Stampin' Up. The only mention that I have seen is that the site started out as downline communication. Well I hardly think that Tracy has over 20,000 downline. If she does I want to be her

Why can't we just all get along, agree that don't like everything from everywhere, and just talk stamping.

If we are now careful this site is going to turn into 2 peas. You can't even mention Michael's or Hobby Lobby on that site. And I would really hate this site to turn into that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #90  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by elisablaze
I don't think ske was posting to send people away from here. I think she was posting because she was frustrated at this thread and possibly some others.
and she was not the only one;)
But to say "I am leaving and going to a better site..." is different from just posting on the thousands of other threads on here or checking out the gallery. I am all for going where you are happy-there are lots of other sites I frequent as wel and in no way do I think anyone has to stay at one site-that would be silly!
But again, downing this SITE because of a few ugly threads is not cool to me (and again, I am defensive about the site, LOL):mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #91  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to see the way this thread has devolved. I certainly was not trying to "bash" TAC, just voiced my opinion about why it doesn't work for *me*. I didn't think TAC people would get offended by it. As SU! demonstrators on SCS, we have become accustomed to fielding questions and hearing people's opinions about our products, often quite negative ones, in this forum. I'm like Britta...I've gotten a thick skin about it. People will buy what they want to buy and quite a few of us try to take any negatives that we think are legitimate and pass them on to SU! so they can provide better customer service.

It's great that TAC demos get excited about their products...that's nice. But I don't think that questions or comments about why a product might not be a good fit for someone else should be taken as "bashing". It's just an opinion about a product. It doesn't say anything about the people who sell that product. Unfortunately, when you sell that product, the tendency is to take it personally. The difference in talking about other companies like A Muse is that there are no A Muse reps on this board, are there? I don't think there is any point in banishing talk about companies other than SU! here...I don't think TAC demos should be relegated to a separate forum or made to leave. But you need to realize...people buy what they want and sometimes it will not be what you sell and that is okay. It's nice that there are enough companies to satisfy as many different needs and tastes as there are or this industry would be dead in the water.

I will say I've learned a lot about TAC that I didn't know before from this thread. And I think if it had stayed only a thread that was an announcement about the supplement with only complimentary things said about it, that information would not have come out, so this hasn't been all bad, has it? :confused:

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:28 PM   #92  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

If we are now careful this site is going to turn into 2 peas. You can't even mention Michael's or Hobby Lobby on that site. And I would really hate this site to turn into that.
I *think* that is because 2 peas is a retail site as well, so sending folks to other places from their "free" site is not good for their business, which is why they are so careful about that. I think that is why-a good guess at least;) .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #93  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
The difference in talking about other companies like A Muse is that there are no A Muse reps on this board, are there?
I believe one of our more well known members is a member of the AMuse design team, though I could be wrong. I'm sure that because of her experience in the stamping industry, she has developed a thick skin, but I've never seen any thread about AMuse, or even Michael's dollar stamps take a negative turn.

As for offending TAC demos- I have to say some of the things people said made me a little confused, specifically the copyright thing. I typed out my response, and then decided I didn't want to add to the negativity, so I deleted it. I tried to only answer questions, or comments positively. I am very excited about TAC- and I'm very new to them, which is part of the reason I'm excited about them. SCS is the only reason I know this company exists. I'm not trying to take away SU's customers... in fact, I'm still one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:38 PM   #94  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've bought a few TAC sets, and I like them (especially Boyz & Girlz and Hip Hardware!), but I'm finding that I have a hard time with them because there's no image on the stamp itself. They should at least include an index sheet with each set! I'm also afraid of losing them in the HUGE mess I make whenever I stamp. It would be so easy to sweep one off the table into the trash during clean-up (which I do on rare occasion!)
The ones I bought are very finely detailed...no different from SU! in that regard. This year's catalog had a lot more updated images...many designs looked very similar to SU!s, as a matter of fact! One of my complaints was the over-abundance of snowman images....way too many IMO.
I bought some Bazzill paper, which is gorgeous, and unavailable anywhere near me, but I did find the other papers a little pricey. I don't scrap, so the extras just don't do it for me.
I like the stitches set in the supplement...I may have to get that one!
Storage is going to become a problem for me down the road....I don't get rid of any sets....but for now, the majority of my stamps will probably be wood mounted.[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 PM   #95  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by elisablaze
Amen Sistah!

Thank you. And you are exactly right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #96  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

I typed out my response, and then decided I didn't want to add to the negativity, so I deleted it. I tried to only answer questions, or comments positively. I am very excited about TAC- and I'm very new to them, which is part of the reason I'm excited about them.
Skitl ( I don't know your real name, LOL) I am sorry your thread took a sad turn. It happens BUT that should not damper your positive outlook towards the products you sell-I am sure it won't.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:40 PM   #97  
Gabfest Goddess

Jan, You've got to know that Julie Ebersol works for Amuse!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

I watch threads evolve the way this one has and wonder what the heck happens to cause it. I've come to think that 99% of the time, a thread turns south when somebody makes an effort to feel offended. Truly. Some of the instances are a real stretch to see where the offense was!

As Britta said, as Jan and others have said, we need to develop thicker skins. Close our eyes and visualize this post of mine going out to 10,000 people. Why would anyone, then, take it as a personal effort to offend one person? One "set" of people?

I'm not aiming this at TAC demos, or SU demos, or any specific group. There are many subjects where people are quick to take offense. All I'm saying is, take the time to count to ten before responding. Before jumping to the conclusion that a post was an attempt to "dis" you or your pet project (stamp company, political party, whatever), ask yourself if you really belive the post was intended to make YOU feel or look bad. Generally speaking, it wasn't.

Getting around (finally) to the OP, I was glad to see the link, and thanks to the op for posting it. It's always interesting to follow links; I do it all the time. If I like or dislike something at the website, I guess I just won't buy it. That's not a slam against anybody. And voicing that opinion isn't, either. Why assume that because the poster is a rep for a different company, the post is meant as anything more than that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:44 PM   #99  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I believe one of our more well known members is a member of the AMuse design team, though I could be wrong. I'm sure that because of her experience in the stamping industry, she has developed a thick skin, but I've never seen any thread about AMuse, or even Michael's dollar stamps take a negative turn.

As for offending TAC demos- I have to say some of the things people said made me a little confused, specifically the copyright thing. I typed out my response, and then decided I didn't want to add to the negativity, so I deleted it. I tried to only answer questions, or comments positively. I am very excited about TAC- and I'm very new to them, which is part of the reason I'm excited about them. SCS is the only reason I know this company exists. I'm not trying to take away SU's customers... in fact, I'm still one.
And I've found your posts informative, as have been those by people who have explained how TAC prices their rubber...that's really all I was looking to find out. I've looked at TAC sets off and on over the past two or three years and while I still prefer SU!, I think TAC is continuing to improve in their art. I really do like the papers and that alphabet is also very nice. But since I only own 1 acrylic block and it wouldn't be practical for stamping titles, I'm going to pass at this point. But I'll definitely keep an eye on what is being offered.

And when I do decide to buy, believe me, it's the folks who can stay pleasant "under fire" :mrgreen: that I'll buy from!

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #100  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Skitl ( I don't know your real name, LOL) I am sorry your thread took a sad turn. It happens BUT that should not damper your positive outlook towards the products you sell-I am sure it won't.
Nah- it's fine. It's like a butterfly- once the thread is out in the world, it's not yours anymore

And hey, even I don't like EVERYTHING we have. (I just won't tell you what it is I don't like)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #101  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

Nah- it's fine. It's like a butterfly- once the thread is out in the world, it's not yours anymore

And hey, even I don't like EVERYTHING we have. (I just won't tell you what it is I don't like)
heehee smart chickie! :lol:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #102  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Okay- let me rephrase that. It didn't read the way I just read it when I wrote it.

If you are a customer and asked me about something I disliked because of personal taste, I wouldn't tell you I didn't like it. If I disliked it because of an innate product failure (which I actually don't know of any yet) then I would tell you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:49 PM   #103  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Heart
Jan, You've got to know that Julie Ebersol works for Amuse!
Yes, I do know that Julie is on the design team, but she uses a lot of different stamps, not just Amuse. And Julie is an old hand at the stamping business (though she looks too young to be!) and I'm sure doesn't tie her emotional well-being to what people think of Amuse stamps. ;)

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #104  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

I've bought a few TAC sets, and I like them (especially Boyz & Girlz and Hip Hardware!), but I'm finding that I have a hard time with them because there's no image on the stamp itself. They should at least include an index sheet with each set! I'm also afraid of losing them in the HUGE mess I make whenever I stamp. It would be so easy to sweep one off the table into the trash during clean-up (which I do on rare occasion!)
The ones I bought are very finely detailed...no different from SU! in that regard. This year's catalog had a lot more updated images...many designs looked very similar to SU!s, as a matter of fact! One of my complaints was the over-abundance of snowman images....way too many IMO.
I bought some Bazzill paper, which is gorgeous, and unavailable anywhere near me, but I did find the other papers a little pricey. I don't scrap, so the extras just don't do it for me.
Storage is going to become a problem for me down the road....I don't get rid of any sets....but for now, the majority of my stamps will probably be wood mounted.[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
hee hee...that sounds exactly like ME!

You see...if I were to buy any of the unmounted stamp systems, they would probably be TAC...I like rubber. I like the stitches set in the supplement too, but I 'm still holding onto hope that SU! will come up with one in the near future. I keep looking at the Technique Tuesday ones...but I don't think they are as long as the TAC ones; sigh...impossible to tell, because they don't give measurements on the website I was looking at...except they often give measurements in cm and then describe the blocks dimensions in inches, so I get hopelessly confused....(not that THAT is hard to do, LOL!)

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 01:54 PM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
But I don't think that questions or comments about why a product might not be a good fit for someone else should be taken as "bashing". It's just an opinion about a product. It doesn't say anything about the people who sell that product. Unfortunately, when you sell that product, the tendency is to take it personally. The difference in talking about other companies like A Muse is that there are no A Muse reps on this board, are there?
That's what I meant when I said that I thought this wasn't a bashing issue in my previous post. This started as a SU! based site so there are a lot of SU demos. And it's natural to take things personally. That's all I meant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 03:55 PM   #106  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh boy! Are we at it again ladies! I swear, the PMS is way to thick on this site!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:19 PM   #107  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I've bought a few TAC sets, and I like them (especially Boyz & Girlz and Hip Hardware!), but I'm finding that I have a hard time with them because there's no image on the stamp itself. They should at least include an index sheet with each set!
You can index your TAC stamps and this makes it so much easier (in my opinion) to find & read the word stamps easier. The larger images are not as big of a deal for me, but I especially like to do this with my word stamps.

This is how Vicki Hook explains how to do it: "You can ink up your rubber with Palette Noir ink (or black Stazon), lay the cling side of the cushion on top and press down to stamp the images onto the cling. After it dries, you can stick the rubber and cushion together and cut your images out. Now you can see at a glance exactly what your images and phrases are without trying to "read" backwards. They may not line up EXACTLY, but you'll get most of it. Especially great if you store your stamps in CD cases." You will want to be sure that when you cut out your stamps, that you cut using the rubber images as your guide and not the index that you just stamped. It may not be exact, but I think it is very helpful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:21 PM   #108  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #109  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
ROFLMAO.... That's the funniest smiley I've ever seen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #110  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
You are cracking me up, Julie. Oh, and I'm about to start a new thread about you. Something brilliant occurred to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:30 PM   #111  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Julie HRR, TOO FUNNY!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:25 PM   #112  
Stampin' Fool

I'm gonna ignore all the hubaloo, and thank the OP for posting the link. I have a catty, but the demo I got it from is really only a hobby demo. Fast information about ALL issues related to stamping is why I like SCS.
Adelle
not a demo of anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:04 PM   #113  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenCarter
You can index your TAC stamps and this makes it so much easier (in my opinion) to find & read the word stamps easier. The larger images are not as big of a deal for me, but I especially like to do this with my word stamps.

This is how Vicki Hook explains how to do it: "You can ink up your rubber with Palette Noir ink (or black Stazon), lay the cling side of the cushion on top and press down to stamp the images onto the cling. After it dries, you can stick the rubber and cushion together and cut your images out. Now you can see at a glance exactly what your images and phrases are without trying to "read" backwards. They may not line up EXACTLY, but you'll get most of it. Especially great if you store your stamps in CD cases." You will want to be sure that when you cut out your stamps, that you cut using the rubber images as your guide and not the index that you just stamped. It may not be exact, but I think it is very helpful!

well I wasn't going to reply to this thread, but this is a really good tip. thank you! any sugguestions for how to do this if you already mounted your stamps? maybe my demo has the same sets I do? maybe she'd let me use hers to index mine? any ideas if she doesn't have them?

anyway, I didn't care for too much in this suppliment, but there were a few sets I liked. I have to admit that I do favor SU! images, and prefer wood mounted stamps, but as far as unmounted systems go TAC has my favorite system (I love that they're not sticky, and that the stamps are made of rubber!). and I do have a few sets from TAC that I really like. I may have to get that stitching set though. it's just too fun.

happy stamping!
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:14 PM   #114  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!

Don't forget the Gift with Purchase freebies, too!
Quote:

TACs hostess benefits are not the same as SU. They get free sets, but not free merchandise. For booking a workshop a hostess can pick any one item in the catalog for 50% off.

Then based on sales they get additional benefits, which include choices of stamps or paper- and more 1/2 price items.

However, the benefits are slightly different in that as you move up the level, you always keep the stamps from the level below. The benefits also start at $100 and the hostess gets a 20% discount on ALL her purchases that aren't half off up to $150 after party reaches the workshop level. Which I think is a pretty good deal.

(So a $100 ws would earn 1 level A set and 1 half price item, a $200 workshop earns 1 level A set and 2 half price items, a $250 workshop earns 1 level A set, 1 level B set and 2 half price items... all the way up to a $1000 workshop which earns 4 level A sets, 4 level B sets, 2 Level C sets, 2 Level D sets and up to 10 half price items.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:30 PM   #115  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I keep track of them this way, I note the number of stamps in the set and write it on the plastic case I keep them in. Before I start cleaning up I count the stamps in the case and know if I'm "missing" one. (For the saying stamps I just photocopy the catalog pic and cut it out and place it in it's case. It helps if you can read backwards, too! lol!) :mrgreen:
-OR- I also have heard of people takeing the whole sheet of rubber before it's cut out and ink it up and stamp it and include that in your storage case.
Whatever works for you and is most convenient.
Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #116  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimeboss
I also have heard of people takeing the whole sheet of rubber before it's cut out and ink it up and stamp it and include that in your storage case.
I actually cut all mine out first, then put them in the case so that they all fit nicely, and then- leaving them all in the case, stamp them on a piece of paper (like the case is the block) designed to fit into the front of the case. That way I have an index of the set for the case- AND- it shows me how I got them all to fit nicely
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #117  
Stampin' Fool

yeah that works too! kind a like doing a jigsaw puzzle when your done stamping ! lol
Quote:

I actually cut all mine out first, then put them in the case so that they all fit nicely, and then- leaving them all in the case, stamp them on a piece of paper (like the case is the block) designed to fit into the front of the case. That way I have an index of the set for the case- AND- it shows me how I got them all to fit nicely
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 02:12 AM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@

I was not complaining about the company...just the prices on the paper. I have a lot of TAC products.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 02:14 AM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@

does anyone know the measurements for that "stitching" set??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 03:26 AM   #120  
Gallery Gazer

They are 7 1/2 inches long...and we have a block that's 1 1/2 x 8 that was left out of the catalog this year, but it's online or you can ask your demo to order it if you need it.

That's one of my must haves! I just hate dragging my sewing machine out for a card...and then you always have to cut and tie the loose thread! This is much easier!!
Reply With Quote Likes