Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2005, 10:55 PM   #41  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I love about the new catty--the look, the layout, the way it is organized - I think it's a beautiful publication. True, there are not as many 'must have' sets as I would have imagined, but that's okay since I have so many already. But I often find that once I have seen some samples, I end up really liking sets that had not appealed to me at first. Case in point--I hated In Full Bloom when I first saw it in the catty. I just ordered it on my last order. Now, I haven't used it yet, but I have plenty of ideas when I get the chance to work with it. I am sure my wish list will grow throughout the year!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." ~ Scott Adams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2005, 02:27 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Default new catty

I love the colors but I had already figured out that they would have to go with the new colors that they had chosen for there products. There are tons of stuff I LOVE and can't wait for a party to buy, but even though I hadn't bought much velum I do miss it being in the catty. My demonstrator is a freak about only using SU stuff in your cards and gets very offended if you say you use other brands, even glue and I found a glue that I can't live without and have lots of it on hand(just in case). I don't scrapbook but do like the new stuff that they have or the layout that they have for the stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 12:24 PM   #43  
Insane Embellisher

Default New Catalog

Their is not much that I need to purchase out of this catalog. I love the new colors, new hodgepodge kits and a couple of the stamp sets. It will save on my pocket book this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 06:18 PM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ouch!PaperCut
Overall, I think it's great. The color, the layout, and yes, I even like the placement of the page numbers (I like the new packaging too) ;) It's very clean and easy to look at. That said, there seems to be a lot of "weird" sets this time. Like those mice.....now I like mice (pg 101), think they're pretty darn cute, but those guys are just weird. Or Celebrate in Style (93), just to name 2. It looks like they may have changed designers or something. They almost seem amateurish...
My thoughts exactly! I'm also unimpressed by Sweet Songbirds (p. 105), Wisecracks (p. 102), and Friends Are Like Flowers (p. 133). Also the dog and cat sets on p. 148 -- very disappointed. Just not impressed by the artwork. Usually I'm blown away by the images, but not so much this year. There's not anything really different or interesting, seems like I've seen all these sets before. It seems like they already put the best stuff in the minis -- and I've already bought a ton of those! So there's hardly anything new that I want. Definitely a letdown. Lots of great new accessories though!

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -- Louisa May Alcott
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=15375

Last edited by stampingkaren; 07-03-2005 at 06:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

First time through I thought it's nice but I'm not wowed. Second time through, which was today, I thought I saw some more things I really liked. This happened to me last year too, it has to kind of grow on me. I have gnomes in my yard, so I'm thrilled to see that set. Also have to get several others through out the year. And I was excited to see the spots in the new colors, yeah!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 06:37 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Disappointed with stampin' supplies lists

Ya know, where in the back they tell you what they used to make a card? I can not believe how many I've found that are inaccurate. Either listing something that wasn't used or failing to list something that was. I think that anyone who buys this catty for an idea book will be very disappointed/upset.

Angela :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 07:06 PM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Can't say that I really liked the new catolog. To many cutesys and the flower sets are alot like the older ones. Love the new alphabets. Also the colors are great. The last 2 years have been disappointing. Will just have to wait for the minis an stock up on paper and pads. Judy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlambert
You ladies are killing me. I am dying to see the new catty and have to wait for a little bit longer before I will get mine. Can anyone tell me if there are any poker/card sets? My DH is really into Texas Hold'em right now and I would love to have a set like that to stamp cards with.
Even if there aren't any playing card sets, perhaps there's something that could be used in an out-of-the-box way to make a card with that theme?

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 07:34 PM   #49  
Glitter Queen

As always the samples are FANTASTIC! I love the new ribbon colors. There are only a few stamp sets I cannot wait to get my hands on (Artifacts) and there are some cool wheels. I do not like the dog set. I like the matching dog wheel and think it would make a great scrap book page. I love some of the new backgrounds. Should be a fun year!!

Kathie in Las Vegas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 07:56 PM   #50  
Crimping Master

Location: Born in Montreal, grew up in New Brunswick, now live in Mississauga, ON Canada
Smile Filling in the Gaps

Hi,

Sorry, no poker cards or games of chance featured in any of the new stamp sets. Sometimes, we have to go outside of Stampin Up to fill in some of the gaps.

I had a similar situation recently with a sympathy card I made for someone who just lost a pet she'd been very fond of. I wanted to add dog-paw prints to the front of my card; Stampin' Up! doesn't have paw prints, so I had to dig out one of my stamps from the competition to complete this card.

Cheers,

Joyce from Mississauga, Canada

Last edited by Stamperoo; 07-03-2005 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Want to add more
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #51  
Compulsive Stamper

Dissappointed

I must say i am a little dissappointed with the new catalog....there are about 10 sets i must have and i can do without the rest..im glad now i spent so much money on the retiring sets that i really wanted ...and it looks like this year i can save some money on stamp sets and CATCH UP on all the accessories!!

Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 04:59 AM   #52  
Gabfest Goddess

My thoughts on the new catty?

I wish it would FREAKIN' hurry up and GET here already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 06:10 AM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

I just got a first look at the new catty - and I wasn't all that impressed with the stamp sets. There are some cute Christmas sets (2 almost identical), but there is only one Easter set - and not a cute one. I was really surprised by that!

The accessories are awesome, so I think I will be spending most of my $$ on new colors and toys to play with! That suits me just fine!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 06:12 AM   #54  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamakimberly
No way dude! My first order is over $400 (!!). That should tell you that this catty is BOMBDIGGITY!
WHAT A FUN WORD!!! Bombdiggity!!! I love it - should be in Websters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 06:34 AM   #55  
Die Cut Diva

I am really impressed with the new catalog! I am also one of the people who likes Celebrate In Style!! Haha! No hard feelings! ;) I also really like the Little Pieces and the Sweet and Sassy (this year's RMHC set). I didn't like last year's at all, personally. I have a pretty big wish list. I am having a catalog unveling stamp camp tomorrow night. I am already planning on spending about $200, but we'll see if tomorrow night helps that out any!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #56  
Glitter Queen

Default more nature stamps

I, too, was disappointed that there weren't more nature, wildlife, and outdoorsy stamps. I use a lot of my stamps for scrapbooking and there aren't any new ones that I can buy. I also was SO looking forward to some really great new Christmas stamps but nothing new grabbed me.

I love the new background stamps and they finally have an "is" in the expressive flexible phrases. Ever try to build a sentence with just the plain Everyday Flexible Phrases?! The new colors are very nice too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

I always enjoy the samples in the catty. There is a background stamp, Word by Word, I think is great and will get the new c/s colors. I've just had my catty a couple of days so with more looking I'll probably find more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2005, 09:16 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

Default New Catty

I felt the same way at first, but as I continued to go through the catty and look more closely, I became happier and happier. I am disappointed that there aren't as many new colored eyelets and scrapping papers, but overall, it grew on me.

[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2005, 09:47 AM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Not impressed

I'm not impressed with the new sets in the catalog either. There aren't any that I must have. I think the samples are better than last year. I will be buying the new colors.

I have to agree with another poster--the mice do look weird! Maybe they're on the same property with the "Children of the Corn."

Was he talking about stamping?

See my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2005, 10:00 AM   #60  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
I really like it but am holding off on buying so many sets as last year I LOVED a lot of teh mini vatalog ones.

I think the samples with the new colors are reallllllly nice-I like teh samples a LOT better this year.
I also love the new accessories and sb'ing designer papers.
My wishlist is about $200 stamp sets, and $200 accessories. Ans that is only b/c I am buying no seasonal sets until I get the mini catalogs
I keep looking at the samples and finding my list is getting longer so now I'm eyeing the level 3 goodies and so far, I like Natures secret. Judy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #61  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I don't have my catalogue yet, but my demo told me over the long weekend that she's getting them in the mail this week. I should have mine by Saturday at the latest (I surely hope!)

I'm sorry to see so many who aren't particularly pleased with the new catty. I hope it's not too "cutesy" for me. Although, I can't really afford to buy more and don't have room to store more.... I still want to WANT the new stuff! Crazy, huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 04:47 PM   #62  
Hardware Hotshot

I think I like this catty better than last years. I really like the new set "Land that I Love" (I think thats the name). I find myself looking foward to the fall mini catty.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 07:36 AM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

LOVE IE, LOVE IT, LOVE IT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 08:15 AM   #64  
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!

I think there's plenty to like about this new catalog. The samples are fantastic and the choices of accessories and new colors are wonderful. There aren't as many *wow* sets for me this year, but I still think that the catalog is great. I can't wait to get my first order and start playing!

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 08:57 PM   #65  
Glitter Queen

I absolutely love this years catalog, I just really have found that everyone is different and has different taste and use stamps for different things. I found last year I was relieved when there wasn't that much stuff I wanted, and I think this year is really catering to scrapbookers, which I majorly am, and I love all the new stamps that really go great with scrapbooking plus I like that they cut down on all the tons of accessories and added the necessary ones. In my opinion I think this is one of the best ever, and I love the samples, the colors, and the organization of it as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2005, 10:21 PM   #66  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I love the new catty! My wish list is getting very long! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 06:15 AM   #67  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Overall I think the new catty is pretty good...still getting used to the gray images but I understand the reasoning behind it. Like others...I don't seem to have as many stamp sets on my wish list initially but that could always change too. Each time I look through the catty, I notice sets and cards that I had not seen before. This year my purchasing will probably revolve around color....the new ink pads, markers, card stock, color coach, reinkers...etc. I'm thrilled that SU tries to keep up with some of the current trends...adding the hodgepodge kit, water color crayons, altered art/vintage stamps etc. There is so much out there now that if they tried to keep up with every last thing...their catalog would look like Fisher Scientific (it is this huge book that resembles the PDR).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 06:56 AM   #68  
Glitter Queen

Wink Anxiously awaiting the new catty

I am still waiting for the catty to come in and I am excited! Hopefully it is here soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 06:59 AM   #69  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhottman
Can't say that I really liked the new catolog. To many cutesys and the flower sets are alot like the older ones. Judy

Judy, I thougtht the exact same thing about the flower sets. They all look the same!

My issue is that all of the sets that I like are hostess only sets. I will never hit the limits required to get those. I guess that's why they go for top dollar on e-bay. I wish they handled it like pampered chef and let you earn points to use toward any purchase you want.

I do think the samples in the catalog are especially beautiful this year - lots of new color combinations to try. So far the only thing on my list is the hodgepodge hardware and some new ink pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #70  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstfrommi
First time through I thought it's nice but I'm not wowed. Second time through, which was today, I thought I saw some more things I really liked. This happened to me last year too, it has to kind of grow on me. I have gnomes in my yard, so I'm thrilled to see that set. Also have to get several others through out the year. And I was excited to see the spots in the new colors, yeah!
That's how I felt. First time I looked through it, my husband couldn't beleive I was already done. I could name 3 I liked (Do the Hula and the matching Island wheel - both of which I've ordered) and Bubble Queen. But looking at it more and more, there's a couple more I think I could do something with. But overall, I wasn't "wow" like I thought I'd be.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 08:10 AM   #71  
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Smile

I love the new catalog! I am a bit upset about a couple of things. I'm not fond of the new dog set, I like the old ones much better. I didn't really see a new birthday set, I thought there would be one since they retired sketch a party. And I don't think they brought out enough "kid" sets since they retired so many. They did bring out 3 great baby sets though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've had my new catty since this past Monday when it came in the mail from my demo, but I didn't get to really go through it till this afternoon (after turning in all my projects and taking a nice, long NAP!). My wish list is ridiculously long, as usual, because there are so many carryover sets from the last catty that I haven't ordered yet.

Anyway, I was actually most excited to see the new storage options available. EMPTY STORAGE BOXES are now available for us customers to purchase!!!! I have a number of loose stamps, and a few sets that are way smaller than the boxes they came in. Also, special boxes for storing wheels, too!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 01:16 PM   #73  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being as this is only my third SU catty, I was pretty happy with it. I really like the colors and the LO's of the pages. I like how they kept the same 3-4 colors on facing pages (maybe it's just me, but I just noticed that). The samples are again awesome and I will be CASEing more than one, that's for sure !
I was happy with the # of Christmas stamps, last year there were far too few! My wishlist is in the $250 range (shhh don't tell DH) But that does include about 4 sets from the previous cattys that I never got around to getting, and the new color spot set.

Oh yea, and the storage for the wheels is AWESOME! It'll fit right with my stamp sets! Woo Hoo! I could never figure out a good way to store those things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 01:48 PM   #74  
Mini Quack

Default Thoughts

I like the LOOK of the new catalogue..I like the new colors and spots in CRAFT...
I like the new ideas and new accessories, they are more up to date n I like the neutrals...
There were just a few of the stamp sets I want, but I still have plenty of others I want..
I am not over whelmed by the new hostess sets, don't get me wrong...there are a couple of them I really like...but for the most part I just can do with out them...
but I am waiting to see the new minis..I hope they have more of "my" wants in them...
but I am sure this will still be my favorite "book" to look at...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2005, 04:34 PM   #75  
Crimping Master

I actually like the new catelog...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 02:23 PM   #76  
Glitter Queen

Cool Not Wowed either

You know I was not wowed either. I think we get it so built up before it comes it's a let down when it final does get here. One thing is they say "new" stamp sets. But, really we have seen them before in the mini catalogs. Why have the mini catalogs? I am not ordering those anymore for my customers. I was impressed with the accessories though. I was trilled with the craft stamping spots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 02:27 PM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

I love it! The colors, the layout.....there is so much detail that you overlook it at first....but then going back you can see certain stamp sets/accessories (ie. floral and hodgepodge) that are terrific! I'm glad some of the new sets are from the mini cattys!

MY UPLINE IS A RISING STAR!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 03:20 PM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default New Catalog

I think is "ok", but I'm disappointed with the new selection of scrappin kits. I like better what they had in last year catalog. Oh well, on the bright side as others have said "I'll be saving some money to buy other toys".

Ana ')
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 04:36 PM   #79  
Pearl-ExPert

I'll weigh in for a second time. It's an "Idea Book & Catalog". IMHO it's a fantastic "Idea Book" and not quite as good a rubber stamp "Catalog" this year. But that's OK because I have tons of new colors & accessories on my wish list.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 06:29 AM   #80  
Mad Swapper

Now I like the new catty fine but to tell the truth it was the spring mini that really caught my eye I ordered four things out of that and would have purchased more but I was waiting for the NEW CATTY. Now I may go back and get the other things out of the mini. But I really like most of the new colors I wish they would have left eggplant alone, but other than that I like them a lot.

Reply With Quote Likes