Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #401  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDoll
Amy,

I am going to try to help you out, but I can't really tell which ones are "new" for sure. Since there are a lot of sets that I never looked at more than once, I can never be sure if they are "new" or just look new to me because I didn't really "notice" them before. KWIM?

--"I Did It" is $12.95 that are 4 little stamps for the back of your cards.
--"Perennial Favorites" is $11.95 and has 4 stamps. Flower with Spring under, Butterfly with Summer under, Leaf with Autumn under and Snowflake with Winter under.
--"Season by Season" is $12.95 and has Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer in a scripty font.
--"Stamped from the Heart" is $11.95 and has 4 little stamps for the back of your cards. "Created for You" (a heart), "Hand Stamped with Love" (flower pot), "Stamped from the Heart" (a bunny), and "Stamped with Sweetness" (candy piece).
--"Symbols of Solicitude" is $11.95 and has Asian symbols with their translations below. Peace, Faith, Joy, and Friendship. Looks just like "Kanji" in the old catalog, just new words/symbols.
--"Wishing you the Best" is $11.95 and it's the Ronald McDonald Set. They are circles that are solid with the following words/designs cut into them: Friend/Flower, Hooray/Balloon, Enjoy/Leaves, Wish/Shooting Star.
--"You're Neat" is $12.95 and has 3 different animals that are little line drawing style and the words "you're neat". The animals are: Bear holding a balloon, Tiger holding a pinwheel, and Monkey holding a kite. They are cute!

Hope this helps you out until you get your new catty! I know how much I appreciated everyone looking up the answers to my questions in their cattys! So this is my "payback" to the SCS community!
Oh, thank you SOO much! I greatly appreciate your taking the time to look this up for me. This helps me a ton! Thanks again!

My Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 05:13 PM   #402  
Rubber Obsessor

Can someone clarify for me whether or not the tooterrific tags IS in the new catty? I haven't really seen a post saying either way. It's one of my favorites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 05:37 PM   #403  
Glitter Queen

No, Two Terrific Tags is not in the new catty. The punch box is very different also. There is a level 1 hostess set that goes with the original tag punch...very cute...one that says "Make Merry" with 3 ornaments hanging from it, one that is a spider hanging with "eek", one with a line type pattern and some little hearts between the stripes that says "be my valentine", one that says "thanks so much" with flowers, one that says "sew sweet" with stitching around it and a stitched flower and one that has a bunny juggling eggs. The new tag punch box has a new tag punch...fancier, very nice (I'm not sure how to describe it) with 6 new stamps in it. I hope this helps.

Tanuya
My catalogs came today...never got a tracking number, even as of late this afternoon, hours after they were delivered!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 06:24 PM   #404  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Tanuya! I am sad that the tag set isn't in there. I have used that set so much! I think I can start to get a picture of what you described. I have yet to recieve my catty's and I am SOOO green with jealousy! I have seen the cover and that has me excited about the contents along with all the posts here. Well, maybe tomorrow!

Thanks Again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #405  
Glitter Queen

Actually, I think there are more sets that people will love and have to have right away and less of the "what-were-they-thinking-of" sets. Over all, I like many more than last year. Maybe that's why the remarks are less this year?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #406  
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to ksmiley

Its here!! Its here!!

And it still says "submitted to sender" After reading the post from demo support that they update OEX when they received notice that it ships, I figured I wouldn't see it until at least Thursday. So, if you are still seeing "submitted to sender" in OEX, take heart. Your catalogs might be just outside your door!

I really want to thank all of you who have been sharing info to keep the rest of us afloat while we desperately waited!

I am looking forward to hearing about everyone's new favorites!

What do you think of the idea of having a full page to introduce each new section? For those who have not seen a catalog yet, each section (like flowers, growing up, nature, etc) not only has the colored tab on the margin but has a full single page with the title and a photo of that style. Its like having a cover page for each section. It means several pages without any products, but it feels more like chapters and showcases artwork more.
I kinda like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 06:54 PM   #407  
Insane Embellisher

What I didn't see and wish they would do this ------ Just eyelets for the hodgepodge kits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 11:13 PM   #408  
Rubber Obsessor

I am the only one in Edmonton (Canada) who hasn't received the pre-ordered catalogues??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 11:21 PM   #409  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awesome Catty
got mine from my demonstrator today
yummy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 04:37 AM   #410  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Just Journaling in New IB&C?

I'm a demonstrator in Texas who is still anxiously awaiting her delivery...argh! It's been wonderful to read the information so many of you have posted.

Is there anything like Just Journaling I and II in the new book? I'm not a scrapbooker but I keep thinking I should try to be one, and I'll never write in a straight line!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:10 AM   #411  
Inking Addict

Can demso give their catalogues out as soon as they get them or do they have to wait for the first of July to give them out?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 AM   #412  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by janejetson
I'm a demonstrator in Texas who is still anxiously awaiting her delivery...argh! It's been wonderful to read the information so many of you have posted.

Is there anything like Just Journaling I and II in the new book? I'm not a scrapbooker but I keep thinking I should try to be one, and I'll never write in a straight line!

No, I didnt see any Journaling helpers, just the cd's
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 09:29 AM   #413  
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to ksmiley

Quote:

Originally Posted by janejetson

Unfortunately, there isn't. They seem to be focusing more on stamp sets that can be used instead of or with journaling. Sets from before, like "Its a date" where you can circle the date

New ones include the "Stamp of Authenticity" with a library card you could journal on and order forms you fill out and "Down to Business" which has the seasons or numbers you can circle and name-date-place stamp.

Its a shame. I really liked the journalling stamps. I also used to use the journaling templates and a marker to set up too.
I'm not sure how I should demo journaling now, since there really isn't any "journaling tools" available for workshops.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 03:59 PM   #414  
Rubber Obsessor

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I can finally brag. My demo left me a surprise today, the new catty!!! I am so lucky to have her in my life. Okay maybe I am going overboard but everyone on this site agrees with me.
I love the alpahbet sets but was bummed there isn't a small one to match Letterpress. Love the new vintage and need to get some of those hostess sets. This is going to be a fun weekend planning my wishlist. And I saw the ribbon holder everone is talking about and I want one too..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 04:37 PM   #415  
Matboard Maniac

Oh man! I can't wait. Mine won't be here until July 5th according to the tracking number. I just love reading all the descriptions though. I can't wait to see that set with the skunks...I don't know why..it just sounds cute. I will be up early Saturday morning to look over the online catalog before heading to work...oh I am so addicted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:09 PM   #416  
Rubber Obsessor

Klarson and ksmiley, thank you so much. I placed my order for the two sets today...hope they still are available!

And what a wonderful surprise this evening...my IB&Cs arrived! My poor dog got the speed walk of his life, then I plopped down on the couch and didn't move for two hours. Aaaaahhhh. It's beautiful.

MY THOUGHTS
- Loved the chipboard letters.
- Loved a lot of the new stamp sets. Ka-ching!
- The InColor colors looked GREAT in the book. I wasn't so wild about them in Stampin' Success.
- Wish the Ribbon Originals were sold individually instead of in bundles. They are super-cute.
- HUGE improvement in the Simply Scrappin' area, which I previously considered thoroughly worthless.
- The Level One hostess sets are all great. I liked them better than the Level Threes (although the basket Level Three is cute).

Great job, Stampin' Up! I've only been a demonstrator since January, and I am totally impressed!

I hope you each receive your IB&C soon, if you haven't already, and that you enjoy perusing it!

JaneJetson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:13 PM   #417  
Glitter Queen

Ribbon holder? Can someone please describe it? I don't remember seeing info on it in this thread, or could you direct me to the thread it is in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #418  
Rubber Obsessor

If you have your catty I think it's on page 192. I was told it will be in the holiday mini, there will be three sizes, one that holds grosgrain ribbon, one for gingham and organdy, and then another that holds the buttons and eyelets. They stack on top of one another.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 05:48 AM   #419  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampMeMommy
Ribbon holder? Can someone please describe it? I don't remember seeing info on it in this thread, or could you direct me to the thread it is in?

There are definitely the 3 sizes of holders. They stack, (though I don't know how many you could stack on top of each other without it becoming "wobbly"), and they look like they are made out of a translucent plastic. (Not clear, but with that hazy look.) The only thing I think I would change, would be to have some sort of rod that holds all the ribbon so you can pull it as though from a true spooling type. They show the gingham ribbon sized holder with only the 6 colors in it, and if you tried to just pull & cut off a little piece of ribbon, the spools would all flop to the side. So you'd just have to take out each one.....the problem with it looks like you'd have to turn the item sideways to get it out, which shouldn't be an issue since there aren't that many gingham sized ribbon spools so it's not "full". So......onto the grosgrain ribbon sized holder. It's obviously packed to capacity since there are many more colors available. It looks like you could "spool" the ribbon off while it's in the holder with little to no problems. However, should you want to take out a single spool of that ribbon, you'd have to take apart the holders since there is no room to twist the spools sideways to get it out. KWIM? :confused: Hopefully tomorrow, when EVERYONE can see the online catty at least, you'll get the visual of my description and be able to understand it better! (It makes perfect sense to me because I'm looking at a picture of it!)

~*Michelle*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 08:44 AM   #420  
Rubber Obsessor

looking at the titles of all the new sets listed in the gallery makes me even more excited to see the catalog tomorrow!!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #421  
Glitter Guru

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the posts on the new catalogue. I think my Demo is the only Canadian Demo that STILL doesn't have her catalogues. It is killing us. I may just have to wait till tomorrow now to go through it on the website. It just isn't the same as having your own copy that you can carry around with you wherever you go! (which I do!)

Have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 01:12 PM   #422  
Gallery Gazer

My demo didn't receive her catalogs yet and went on vacation today. That means I have to wait until July 8th to see the new catty in hand! I'm a need to have it in my hands kind of girl, so I am so sad! Thanks for all of your descriptions, I really appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 01:39 PM   #423  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1,176 Likes on 508 Posts

hey Deb,
You can see a copy of the cover on ebay.
Hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 01:48 PM   #424  
Stazon Splitcoast

hi,
Is there new bible vere or sciputer stamp set? If so please all them with prices of the set us.
thanks hotwheels
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #425  
Stazon Splitcoast

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #426  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi
can someone please answer the question on post 424?
Thank-you.
Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #427  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Hi. I can't remember if Elegant Inspirations was in the last one. It's beautiful and I NEED it. $19.95, set of 4 (Romans 12:12, Phil. 4:13; 1 Corin. 13:13 and Ps. 42:. Also, there is a GREAT one, not really scriptures, but God-inspired to cover about everything: God's Blessings, $28.95, set of 8. Hope this helps. - Gay Howe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #428  
Glitter Queen

Thank u disneydoll "Michelle", for the excellent description. I'm always looking for items that can help me organize. It sounds like it would do the trick. I don't use a lot of the ribbons right now, just getting into them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #429  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile I've got my catalog!

It's now been updated with what I have "highlighted". and what I want has post its' on each page.

Deb in Maine
Reply With Quote Likes