Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2005, 03:15 PM   #41  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by peasoup
ME ME!! I am getting my kit tomorrow! Can't wait to play. My DH is working tomorrow night too so I can play all night. This site had me spending SO much money I figured I had nothing to lose. I am sure I will be my own best customer. My upline is Karen Titus, she lives in MN but comes to Chicagoland often. I put my request to be on the demo only board yesterday but haven't heard back anything yet. I am sure she is SWAMPED with requests. I would love if we had a "group" that we could vent our frustrations with each other.Looking forward to tomorrow

Jenae
Jenae - I get mine tomorrow too. My husband left for Finland today, so I'll have a little time to unpack and look at the goodies (provided I get a good start on my packing for vacation--we leave Friday am).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 03:42 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile demo time

I signed up last week as a hobby demo mainly to give my daughter the discount but have had a couple people ask me to put in an order ---
I'll continue with my upline stamp camps and monthly group because she is so good and her ideas are super. I'm very blessed to have her in my life.
Love-Love -Love stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 04:43 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile ME...ME...ME...

I just got my Demo # today...
Noelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 05:34 PM   #45  
Cardstock Collector

Default New demo

I too am a new demo. Got my # on Friday. Have not really gotten off the computer since!!! My kit shipped yesterday with expected arrival date of Friday. I can not wait. My neighbor is a brown truck driver. Sometimes if he sees something come in for me, he brings it home. I'm not going to hold my breath though!! My upline is Becky Brunton (hi Becky), and her's is Julie Saliva (hi Julie). We are all in and around the Nashville, TN area. I am in Springfield; which is on the Adaireville, KY line. As for upcoming events, I have a catalog order of $423 ready to turn in, scheduled my open house for the end of August, Stamp Club, Stampers 10, and Stampin' Cluster for each month. I hope to hold workshops on every Thurs beginning in Sept. I would love to be on the thread with all of you. Encouragement is the greatest!! Thanks,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 06:28 PM   #46  
Glitter Queen

I just sent my paperwork in last Thursday! Unlinke many of you, it took a while for me to get hooked. In fact I didn't get really hooked until I found SCS and all the wonderful ideas here! I spent so much $$ on SU in the last few months after lurking around here I thought I might as well try to the demo route :-) I'm hoping to get a few other people I know hooked on stamping as well so I don't have to fill the quarterly minimums on my own.

Good luck to everyone!
Pam B-W
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #47  
Crimping Master

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

CONGRATS to all of you LUCKY LADIES.
I signed up 3 1/2 years ago and got the entire pack of Soft Subltes Stampin' Pads free (but mine were the old style)!! It was sooo exciting!!!!!

I think I watched the videos 20 times and read the manual 10 times (at least). I still read the manual cover to cover at least every 6 months. Slightly pshyco I know....but I just love it so much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #48  
Kookie Creator

I'm just curious if you guys went with the stamps that were in the set or traded them out? Also did you get the scrapbook add on?

I plan on getting the scapbook addon, but I can't decide what alpha I want. I'm also planning on keeping the sets with the kits, except for loads of love, the shapes one and quick thinking. I'm trying so hard to stick with loads of love, but for some reason, it just isn't hitting me right LOL. But my mind changes on a daily basis
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2005, 08:07 PM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Default becoming a demo

Hey all......well I am in the "excited group" too. I am signing this coming Sunday. The "upline" woman I am signing under is going away for a few days and waiting for the new demo forms anyway. I have already picked out my stuff and am waiting patiently with pen in hand to sign on the dotted line.
I too am doing this to support my "hobby" but I know that I will have some help with family and a couple of friends to make quotas.

I am getting the Rich Regals for signing and then I am picking the rest of the new colors for the starter kit. I already bought all 4 color families this past year. I am looking forward to having access to more things as a demo too. I need mega ideas!

Congrats to all of you and I'll be joining you all soon!

Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 04:03 AM   #50  
Glitter Queen

Me too. The DDD inspired me so much, I took the plunge and my demo kit arrived on Monday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 04:31 AM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

I get my kit today (OUT FOR DELIVERY -- it's actually coming, I can't believe it!). It's so tempting to call in sick to work and wait, or fake sickness at lunchtime and use a half sick day, so that I can come home and play with it all.

Janae, I am waiting for my verification pm from camsmom as well, so we will have to be patient together, I bet she is going crazy at SU for offering such a good promotion, she'll get to us soon I am sure! (though I am still checking at least twice a day!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 05:38 AM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabby_chickie
I'm just curious if you guys went with the stamps that were in the set or traded them out? Also did you get the scrapbook add on?

I plan on getting the scapbook addon, but I can't decide what alpha I want. I'm also planning on keeping the sets with the kits, except for loads of love, the shapes one and quick thinking. I'm trying so hard to stick with loads of love, but for some reason, it just isn't hitting me right LOL. But my mind changes on a daily basis
I kept some, and switched some out. Here's what I picked for my starter kit:

Heartfelt Thanks*
Friend to Friend (needed more sentiments)
All the Best (love the funky, retro look and it can make masculine or feminine cards for many age groups)
Shape-Ups* (since Little Shapes is retired)
Beyond the Basics
Much Appreciated*
Delicate Design wheel

Rich Regals color family (most new colors in that group)
Handsome Hunter ink cartridge (goes the best with the wheels I have and the ones at the top of my wish list)
Rich Regals CS (to go with the RR bonus pads)
Whisper White CS (have plenty of vanilla)
Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, and Pixie Pink* classic pads (now all I need is Sahara Sand to have all the new colors!)

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 08:11 AM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking

I will be signing up toward the end of August... want my 1st hostess order to fall right at my birthday so I can gets lots of stuff at a deeper discount with my birthday $ ;) I already have all the stamp pads - with the exception of 5 new ones that i'll get my kit - so i'm giving the free pads to my best friend (single mom, got her hooked, know it will plaster a smile on her face!). i will be a hobby demo initially, but will hopefully move on from there.

"My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives, My Savior's always there for me. My God: He was, my God: He is, My God is always gonna be." (Aaron Shust)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just got the e-mail confirmation -- my paperwork was delivered early this morning! WOOHOO!!!

Wonder if I can get my demo number before the end of the day? ;)

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 01:25 PM   #55  
Crimping Master

I got my demo kit and had my first workshop and it was over $300!!! My hostess was so excited and I got an extra 30% off! I am raring for the next workshop.

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul. OUR HOPE IS IN THE LORD!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 02:59 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

sending in my paperwork tomorrrow! I'm so excited! I keep paging through the catalog and changing my mind about what i want to order and planning workshop projects in my head. My husband thinks I am insane. but that's okay. I'm having fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 03:28 PM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Well, count me in as well! My upline mailed off my paperwork on Monday, and I'm seriously thinking I will call SU Friday to see if they can give me my demo # so I can play on the SU website this weekend. I am pumped up, and have had 2 people offer to have parties. I am planning to have an openhouse/kickoff party as well. I am going to try for the Stampin' Start by selling 1500, so I'm racking my brain to think of people to ask about having a party. I just can't wait to start!!

April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #58  
Kookie Creator

Default Items in my kit

I'm off to my uplines new recruit meeting!!! Even though I'm just a hobby demo I figured she'd have info that could help me out.

The items I ordered, not sure which were in the kit & which I replaced:
Heartfelt Thanks
Greetings galore - can you believe I didn't have this one?
Loads of Love Access
Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Quick thinking
much appreciated
Wheel - watercolor joy, cartridge - garden green

Ink:
Yoyo yellow
elegant eggplan
pumpkin pie
hundsome hunter
pixie pink
craft - ballet blue
soft subtles set

I also got the scrapping kit:
PUre & Simple alpha
I'm here boy
& all soft subtles paper

That's it!!

- Kelly A.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 04:27 PM   #59  
Insane Embellisher

I'm in!!! Called and got my demo# last Friday (Aug 5). I am NOT so patiently waiting for my box to arrive. UPS says tomorrow (Aug 11). If it doesn't come someone should just call the mental hospital to come and get me, because I am going crazy waiting. I would love to keep in touch with all the new ones out there. Thanks for the idea Jus Colorado.

Introduced to stamping in 1996 while in Seattle. Bought several stamps and a few pads. Made DS birthday invites a couple of times and that was about it. I was introduced to Stampin Up! about four years ago while pregnant with my DD. Bought one set thinking that I would make her birth announcements (right, LOL). Did not use the set for two years. Went to a workshop in 2003 and have been HOOKED since then. I decided to sign up around the first of this year, but wanted to wait until the new catalogs came out (did not want to get a lot of stuff that was retiring). I saw a few threads about maybe a bonus for new recruits in August so I waited (and I am glad I did).

I have a workshop scheduled with a friend the end of August. Another friend wants to do just catalog orders (she lives about four hours away). My church is having a ladys retreat in September and they want me to do a couple things. I don't expect any sales that night, but I hope to maybe get a booking or two out of it.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 05:47 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep. Me too. In fact, I just placed my first order and ordered the same set twice!! Sage advice!! Oh well, I guess I'll learn to trade/sell/exchange!! Be careful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 05:50 PM   #61  
Matboard Maniac

Well, I too took the plunge and signed up yesterday to be a demo. I mailed in my forms and now beging the waiting game like everyone else. I mailed my forms directly to SU, so I hope that was the right thing to do. My upline had already filled out her portion of the form, so I figured it was ready to go. Anyway, I wasn't sure where on the order form I should indicate what set of 12 free pads I wanted so I wrote it in at the top of the form. Does anyone know if that was the right thing to do? I just don't want my goodies delayed in being sent out. Know what I mean???? We just couldn't have that..............

Last edited by leekl; 08-12-2005 at 04:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #62  
Crimping Master

I took the plunge also. Got my Demo # on July 28th. I had been on the fence for several months but with the recruiting special I just couldn't pass this up. I'm pretty much gonna be a Hobby Demo but I know that could always change. I'm in it for the discount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 06:05 PM   #63  
Glitter Queen

Yes Justine!! Add me to the list please! I'm signing up this month too and am so excited. I used to be a demo and am going for it again. I'd love to network. This is a great group!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 06:19 PM   #64  
Gabfest Goddess

I was a demo back in 2003 but went inactive, and am signing back up before the special is over

He's Here!!! Ashton Carter born 1/5/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

ME!!!! I am loving it so far!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #66  
Glitter Queen

Default I'm in, too!

The August special sucked me in, too! I was turned on to SU! products by a friend about a year ago. I've never even been to a workshop (except for a recent catalog kickoff) but my upline is great and worked with me one-on-one to design my 10-week old's birth announcements. I'm Here! worked beautifully! I found some great ideas on this site and have been addicted to the gallery ever since.

With an infant and a two-year old, I don't think I'll have a lot of time to do workshops for at least a year. I should be able to meet the minimal quota until then. I'm in it for the discount and other demo benefits for now.

Best of luck to everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 07:51 AM   #67  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face FINALLY joined!!

My demo sent in my paperwork through regular mail on Tuesday. I can hardly wait for my kit. I would have gotten heartfelt thanks, loads of love and the watercolor joy wheel at some point anyway. I changed 2 of the ones for something else. Plus, getting the free set of stamp pads...I picked the Rich Regals because they had the most new colors!! Just waiting patiently for my kit to arrive and tomorrow I am calling to see if I have a demo number yet!! Plan to be a hobby demo for the time being...a friend said she would order from me. Seems like most of the people I know ARE demos!! Good luck to everyone and it would be nice to keep in touch with the new demos who have just signed up. I have gotten soooo many great ideas on this site.
MaryJo Marshall
I am sooo impatient!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 06:57 PM   #68  
Glitter Queen

Default Mailing paperwork in tomorrow!! Need help with DH.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shabby_chickie
I have so many ideas, my head is going to explode I don't sleep b/c all of the ideas just keep coming. I got smart and put a tablet by my bed so I can write them all down. LOL. -Audrey
This is my first post....The night I decided to become a demo, I couldn't sleep. Ended up going to bed at 2:30 am after pouring over the catalog too many times to count - making a wish list - revising the stamps in the starter kit - looking at layouts and card ideas - I'm hooked, but need HELP!!

Help! My DH isn't supportive of my decision. We have a 1 yr old, and DH thinks I should wait a year - but I need to do something creative - in addition to raising a beautiful, happy baby. You know, talk with adults w/o a babe underfoot for a few hours a week. I've been trying harder to keep up with the housework, etc. so he won't be reminded of my decision if there are no clean plates or clean underwear. Any ideas? Anyone with a similar experience?

Thanks,
Renee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #69  
Mad Swapper

Location: in a seaside cottage in Maine, IRL off the Beltway in Northern VA

You can count me in as a new demo also, I am doing the hobby demo thing for now, we will see what happens in the future. I also have so much SU stuff that most people think I am already a demo
YAY!!!!

Forget Regret Or Life Is Yours To Miss
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #70  
Embossing Fanatic

Default I got my kit WEDNESDAY!!!!

two hours later all my new stamps were cut and mounted, and a girlfriend and I were stamping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By bedtime all my new great stuff was arranged in my craft area!

I obviously took advantage! Amber a New SU Demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #71  
Glitter Guru

Hurray! I sent my paperwork in on Monday, regular mail & just got off the phone w/SU & I AM OFFICIAL!!!!! I got my number & I'll be getting my kit next Thursday!!!!! I'm off to meet with my upline tonight & try to figure out what my first 'demo' swap will be (I've got to make 70) & make a shoe box swap for ?? Talk about excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 06:14 PM   #72  
Cardstock Collector

Default kit

It came today, it came today!! Now where to start. I have unpacked everything. Started reading the handbook. My up line had already loaned to me the dvd's. I have my desk ready to organinze everything. WOW! Now I just need to fill my calendar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 06:28 PM   #73  
Compulsive Stamper

I have not had my hands on a new catalog. I am picking up one from my demo next week and sitting down to pick out my stamp sets and then I am signing on the dotted line. My hubby is giving me this for my birthday. I am so excited. I hope I can handle the wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #74  
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Skype™ to diane860
Default I signed up!

I did it! Officially a demo and my kit is arriving on the 18th!

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2005, 07:20 PM   #75  
Mad Swapper

Default me too!

I sent my paperwork today priority mail so hopefully early next week I'll have my number!! I'm excited about the kit for the new stamp sets and the ink pads; I own all the other things already!! I signed mostly for my mom and I since we were buying so much already although I wouldn't turn down anyone who wanted to do a party. We'll see what happens! This is so exciting for all of us!! Good luck and happy stamping to everyone!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2005, 11:31 AM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

I became a demo too. I had been wanting to do it for over a year and the ink pad deal fell at a great time. I got my starter kit a week ago and I placed my 30% order this morning! I ordered all the markers! I am so excited to get them!

I am planning on just being a hobby demo and getting random orders from friends and family. I would love to make the stampin start but I doubt that I will.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2005, 06:09 PM   #77  
Glitter Queen

Smile New Demo

Hi everyone! This is also my first post. I sent my paperwork in last Monday and received my demo number Wednesday via e-mail. I can't wait to get the actual kit! I started using SU products a year and a half ago and have been obsessed ever since. I love this website and look forward to sharing ideas with all of you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2005, 06:43 PM   #78  
Cardstock Collector

Hi everyone (this is my first post),

I took the plunge, too. The timing worked out right for me. In July my great group of stamping friends agreed that if I would become their demonstrator, they would form a stampers' 10 club. Then SU offered the stamp pad incentive! How could I resist? Our club will meet each month (switching hostesses), I'll come up with 1-2 projects, and everyone will place a minimum order to make the party total $150. Maybe I'll even be able to throw in a few extra workshops along the way. I'm really excited.

I belonged to a stampers club for a year and am definitely a collector, so having enough supplies probably won't be a problem. I was a little worried about only using current sets at my workshops, but after checking the catalog, I found that I have 49 current sets already (over 118 total sets -- why did I count them?) My biggest concern is the paperwork and keeping track of everything. I would love to have a list of newbies so we can share ideas, tips, and problems. I know our downline will be able to help with this but sometimes it's easier to bounce these things off someone in the same situation.

I received my number on Friday, so the kit should be here soon. I can't wait!!

Good Luck everyone!
Judy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #79  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm new too! I got my kit on friday and can't wait to use the new colors of ink. I'm not sure how many workshops I want to try to have but I think this is going to be fun.

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #80  
Cardstock Collector

Red face Another Newbie

My wonderful Demo. moved to Pennsylvania (Hi Becky), so I'm sending in my paperwork Monday (tomorrow). I can't stop thinking about my "open house". I can't wait! I just gave away all my hand stamped cards in June to my mother-in-law for her birthday gift. So I'm starting from scratch. Thank goodness for this website!!
Reply With Quote Likes