Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #81  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Mostly near Cincinnati but Gulf Shores, AL in the wintertime 😎
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Demo

I finally took the plunge too. I might as well, with as much money as I spend on SU stuff already. I'm just planning to be a hobby demo. If I get an occasional order from somebody, OK, but I don't plan to actively demo at this point. I'm just psyched about a 20% discount and the free classic pad deal!
I finished filling out my paperwork tonight and will mail it in the morning. I hope to have my # by the end of this week and my kit by the middle of the next. WooHoo!!!!

If it doesn't move, STAMP it!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 02:50 AM   #82  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile I sent my paperwork in on Saturday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by basurok
Awesome idea! I was thinking the same thing and started writing down the SCS and real names.
Hi,
I finally made the decision to become a demonstrator. I have stamped for about 2 years and have a good start on SU! items. Decided that the time was now, however, I do plan on being a hobby demonstrator. I work full time and have a great 10-year-old son that does need help with homework! Times is an issue. Thanks for the posting!
Karin

Last edited by karinsykes; 08-15-2005 at 06:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 04:16 AM   #83  
Rubber Obsessor

I am also sending in my paperwork this week. I am very excited about getting all of the goodies. There is only one problem-where do I put it all????

Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 04:59 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did it! I got my demo number last Thursday and my kit will be here on Wednesday. I've been following it across the country on UPS.com. I'm very excited! I'm trying to start a 6x6 stamp club and it looks like I already have 3 people interested. I was thinking of having an open house and offering some bennies like free shipping on orders > $50; free catty with orders > $75, free shipping on first & fourth 6x6 club if they sign up at open house. I also bought a ton of those cute little mini pens at Target $pot. I thought I'd make post-it holders similar to Gallery at Splitcoaststampers and Forums at Splitcoaststampers as a free gift to anyone who attends. This will be my first hostess order (me the hostess obviously) with the 30% discount. Anyone have any other thoughts on what to do for an open house?

I'm also going to the beach with the 2 DS next week for 4 days vacation. Thought I'd bring all my new rubber and mount it after the boys go to bed. Better get some Goo Gone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 07:06 AM   #85  
Cardstock Collector

I love those little post-it covers (I also looked at the gallery that they were from and there were lots of cute ideas). I seem to be dreaming SU these days. I pretty much fell into a Stampers 10 Club with my friends and I'm so excited! Now there is the pressure of coming up with projects that are different and use new techniques! We've all been stamping for a looonnnggg time! I'd like to throw in incentives periodically, too. This month we'll be using the Stamp-a-majig (on one has tried it) and I thought that I'd offer an extra sheet or discount if they purchase it. I just have to think it through a little more. Let me know how you are doing.

Judy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #86  
Insane Embellisher

Default newbie

I had never heard of SU before February, (I know gasp!) when a friend of mine invited me to a party. I went to one more a couple of weeks ago and got hooked! I want so much out of the catalog, I decided I could be a hobby demo and probably make my own quotas. If I can sell the 1500.00 to get the Stamp n Start that would be great, but not sure if I can do that! I don't have a lot of time to devote to a third business. (I already have a full time job in the airline industry and help my mom with her wedding cake business!)
I would some day love to get into making handmade invitations ....so I'm hoping the SU stuff will help me out. I've already volunteered to make the invites for my friend's wedding shower in October. Wish me luck! I have no idea when my kit is coming or the demo number as my upline turned everything in for me. I am going to a regional customer appreciation function this saturday with make and takes! Woohoo! Good luck to everyone on the board!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

Default I just filled out my paperwork!

It's off to the PO I go!! Woo Hoo!!!

Janet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #88  
Compulsive Stamper

Default I just sent my paperwork out!

I'm in too! That ink set offer was just tooo tempting. I couldn't resist siging up to be a demo. I've already got a ton of thing going on, a 2 year old, a 6day a week job, another network marketing business. But SU's just too fun!! I've only been to one workshop and I'm hooked. Haven't really been able to sleep or get off this website (a lot of times I'm the only one logged on at night) or let go of my ideabook. Oh gosh! My DH thinks I'm nuts! (Well he always think that)

So for now I'm gonna be a hobby demo. But I have lots of ideas on how I can make it a business too. But I just need to make time for this.

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 06:50 PM   #89  
Polyshrink Goddess

I did!! After months of debate, I did it. I blame everyone here at SCS for helping me make one of the best decisions ever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 09:20 AM   #90  
Glitter Queen

I'm meeting with my Demo on Thursday to do paperwork. She is great, thanks for everything, MaryMargaret!!! I've been with her for about a year now, and since I want everything, I decided to sign up. I'd really like to host a stamp club, I do have a few interested, and hope I can find enough for a club. I did decide to sign up this month because of the stamp pads, but I think I would have signed up by the end of the year anyway. I'm excited, and look forward to being part of the new members group who wants to keep in touch. Any help and guidance will be appreciated!!!

Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 09:45 AM   #91  
Embossing Fanatic

Default New demo

I just sent my paperwork off yesterday. I am doing it mainly for the discount. I would love to keep in touch with all the new demos and get feedback on all that you are doing. I love this site! Mary B in NC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #92  
Glitter Queen

I just sent off my paper work today! I'm super excited! I'm new here too!
so hi!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 12:19 PM   #93  
Embossing Fanatic

I signed up too. I mailed my paperwork last Monday (from California), called SU late Thursday, got my demo # and received my kit yesterday. In total it took 8 working days. Pretty quick turnaround. I'm super excited. I also was able to place my first hostess order online and got that box yesterday along with my demo kit. Needless to say, I'm cutting rubber today! This is going to be a fun adventure. I'm also doing it mainly for the discount, but am excited about possibly taking my family out for a nice dinner here and there with the potential sales earnings (only if I don't spend it first back on stamping goodies!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 12:44 PM   #94  
Kookie Creator

YEA!!!! I'm official ;) Got my demo# this afternoon. I am overwhelmed to say the least. I couldn't wait to get it and now that I have it - I'm SCARED!!!! :eek:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 12:55 PM   #95  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am adding my name to the list... paperwork is going in soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 12:57 PM   #96  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I did too! ... Well Almost!

I signed up almost a month ago (7/23), but somehow my application got lost in the mail. I called DS almost every day, and SU claims they never received it. So, my upline and I filled out another application, and she overnighted it on Monday. They should have it by now (I hope!), and I'll be giving them another call to check up on it later today.

This wait has been agonizing for me. There's nothing worse than having to wait to get started on something you're so excited about!

UPDATE: I called DS right after I posted this, and whaddya know?! I have my demo #! WOOO HOOO! Color me happy...

Last edited by works2hrd; 08-17-2005 at 02:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 01:32 PM   #97  
Kookie Creator

OMG Bette,
That is horrible. I don't think I would make it through that wait ;) I priority mailed mine on Friday and they entered it this morning. Have you called today to see if they have you in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 03:05 PM   #98  
Pearl-ExPert

I am official as of Aug. 1. I have already placed my first order. My mom and I wanted a few things out of the summer catty. I am waiting until Sept. 1 to place my first hostess order so I can order from the Holiday catty and to get the 30% discount. I am a hobby demo so the majority of the order will be mine but my mom and some of her co-workers will place orders so I should be able to have a $300+ party and get a level 2 hostess set.
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 03:26 PM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

My kit just came!!!! Now I have to figure out what to get with my first order. Can't wait to go play!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #100  
Glitter Queen

Cool Incentives to Offer to boost sales

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinCPA
I'm trying to start a 6x6 stamp club and it looks like I already have 3 people interested. I was thinking of having an open house and offering some bennies like free shipping on orders > $50; free catty with orders > $75, free shipping on first & fourth 6x6 club if they sign up at open house.
Here's an incentive that my upline uses. She gives anyone booking a party a free catty. That way they have it to show others and can take in more in outside orders before the workshop. Just something to think about.

Another of her incentives is a free stamp to the hostess when someone books a workshop - given when the party closes.

Your great ideas got me thinking about other incentives. I've been tossing around ideas for some sort of BIRTHDAY incentive, to keep sales up year round -- possibly a free stamp pad.

Any other thoughts about incentives to boost sales? ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 09:49 PM   #101  
Rubber Obsessor

ME ME ME !!! I'm next!!!

I also signed up during the promo. Waiting to get my kit. Isn't this exciting!

I had signed up with another company (ugh!) and at that time I debated between SU and the other. Well, slap me! So, I made a mistake... but I finally came to my senses and resigned from "that" company and joined in with SU, the company that really ROCKS!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited to get my goodies and get started! Not lookin' to make a million dollars...just lookin' to support my SU habit. Okay, so maybe I'd better plan on making that million

Just Stampin' Away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have an appointment to sign up this Monday! I can't wait! How long does it take to get your kit? What's the difference between a hobby demo and a regular demo? I can't wait to find out answers to the questions I have...

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 10:43 PM   #103  
Compulsive Stamper

The wait is sooooo hard!!! I can't wait for my kit to arrive. I feel like a kid at Christmas time waiting for good ol Santa to come. But I'm too old for that!!! Gonna call on Friday to try to get my Demo #, or maybe Thursday, I dunno I mail my paperwork by Regular Mail on Tuesday. But I can't wait anymore!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:41 PM   #104  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Demo dreaming....

I have been dreaming of becoming a demo for years....figuring out the taxes part has been holding me back... I am mostly thinking of signing up to support my hobby. My upline, my wonderful SIL, told me that I nearly meet her minimums! (gasp--giggle, giggle). Is there any of you out there who know how to handle the taxes thing? I am thinking of taking the plunge soon any way...to be a hobby demo. I would love to keep in touch with all of you who signed up this month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 12:46 AM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm no tax expert, but the first thing to do is to keep records of every purchase. I'm getting a small notebook and recording every sale and the amount of check, etc. from each person. I'm also going to record my own purchases, starting with the starter kit. Save order forms and packing slips from SU and for any other purchases that promote your business --postage stamps, food at workshops, etc. My upline strongly recommends opening up a second checking account just for SU. I'm not sure I want to do that because I'm going to be primarily a hobby demo,but if you are really serious about making money, I'd do that.

I do by taxes everyyear on Quicken and I will buy the version that has the form for a small business. I don't think it is that hard IF you keep good records.

My first 30% hostess order is coming today. It is 24 pounds of stuff!! (One person ordered 10 packs of paper). Can't wait. It is just as much fun to get my customer's orders as mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 02:07 AM   #106  
Embossing Fanatic

Talking Got my number!

Just to let others know....I mailed my paperwork Saturday morning and I called and go my demo number at the end of the day Wednesday! The operator at SU! is so excited for you when you call to see if there is a demo number for you!
Have fun,
Karin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 04:42 AM   #107  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Mostly near Cincinnati but Gulf Shores, AL in the wintertime 😎

Heidi:
I can't tell you from experience how long it takes to get your kit, as I'm still waiting for mine. But from what I've read here on SCS, the turn around is pretty quick. One poster - I forget who - said it was only 8 business days from the time she mailed in her paperwork until she got her kit. That sounds very quick. I'm not expecting mine that fast, that way I won't be so anxious when it takes longer. I'm assuming 2 weeks from start to finish is reasonable.
As far as hobby vs. regular demo, a hobby demo is someone who is just supporting her own habit, like me. I don't want to do all the workshops, etc. I just want to meet my $300 per quarter minimum so I can get my 20% discount and all the perks of being a demo. Who knows,I might change my mind later on and decide to jump in with both feet and try making money from this. I love it that SU gives you the option to be as active as you want to be with your sales. And since I spend almost $300 per quarter anyway, it's silly not to sign up and get the 20% off. And with the discount, $300 becomes only $240! I could spend that in 3 months blindfolded with both arms tied behind my back! lol......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heidi Kimmerly
I have an appointment to sign up this Monday! I can't wait! How long does it take to get your kit? What's the difference between a hobby demo and a regular demo? I can't wait to find out answers to the questions I have...

If it doesn't move, STAMP it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #108  
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!
Default New Demo List

Hi All....

I've been reading through this thread again and checking to see who wanted to be part of the new demo list I'm compiling. I got about 10 PMs and tried to go through all the posts on this site to see who mentioned they wanted to be included. I really don't want to leave anyone off. I will most likely post a list sometime tomorrow and then update it at the end of the promotion. If you find that you want to be included but don't show up on my list, just let me know and I'll add you and update the post.

Thanks!
Justine

(new hobby demo and all-around stamping nut)

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 03:01 PM   #109  
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Skype™ to diane860
Default Please include me on the list

I don't think I mentioned it in my original post but I would like to be included in the list. Just got my kit today and went through the getting started DVD and I thought it was great!

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 06:15 PM   #110  
Matboard Maniac

Not sure that I explicitly stated that I'd like to be included, please. My paperwork was mailed yesterday.
~Gina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 06:23 PM   #111  
Embossing Fanatic

Default signed up today

I met with my demo today and signed up. I am so excited. A bit nervous about meeting the $ requirement per quarter but very very very excited.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #112  
Forum Fanatic

Please add me! I can't believe I am actually signing up to be a demo. I just knew that I would never want to. . . wrong!! I can't wait. My upline is coming over tomorrow to help me fill out the papers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #113  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't know if I'm on the list, but please add me. I mailed out my forms on Tuesday. I calleed today thinking I could get the demo #, but I wasn't in the system yet! Now I have to wait for the weekend for my number. Gosh! I can't wait that long!! I might burst before I find out!!!!!! I want my stuff now!
(I sound like my 2 year old...)
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2005, 03:35 PM   #114  
Compulsive Stamper

I called a half an hour after the last post and got my number!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2005, 11:01 PM   #115  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I did! It's so nice being able to go to the site and order when-ever I want without bothering anyone. I love all the information there as well! It's too much fun....and to think I have never even been to a workshop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 05:11 AM   #116  
Embossing Fanatic

Talking

My paperwork went in the mail on Thursday can't wait to get my number and kit. Is anyone else worried about meeting their $300 each time? I just signed on as a hobby demo, guess I shouldn't be worried I'm sure I can spend that much by myself. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 12:09 PM   #117  
Glitter Queen

This is my first post *so excited!* and I'm a new SU Demo too. I have my demo number, but not my kit. I'm anxiously awaiting it sometime this week. I'll be stalking the UPS driver! Congrats to everyone! ~Olivia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 01:19 PM   #118  
A LOST 4400

I did and I am freaking out about it!!
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #119  
Compulsive Stamper

My paperwork is all filled out and ready to be overnighted on Monday. Here is what I am getting:

Heartfelt Thanks
Greetings Galore
Sincere Salutations
Itty Bitty Borders
Stippled Stencils
Festive Four
Delicate Design Wheel

Bold Brights Stamp pad set
Elegant Eggplant pad
Rose Red pad
Ballet Blue pad
Always Artichoke pad
Bravo Burgundy pad

I am soooo excited. Tell me what you think about my stamp set choices.

Kathi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 04:01 PM   #120  
Ms. Brightside

Location: On the verge of greatness and the brink of insanity!

Kathi,

It looks like you made some good stamp set choices. You've done a good job of getting lots of holidays and occasions covered with just a few sets. When the box of goodies arrives, it's like Christmas!

Let me know if you want me to add you to our growing list of Sizzling Starter demos from this promotion.

Best Wishes!

I don't really stamp much. I'm just here for the company.
Reply With Quote Likes