Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2005, 11:15 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12x12 Advice

So I ordered a 12x12 scrapbook and page protectors from my friend who is a CM consultant. I feverishly worked on 8 pages and got them to where I absolutely love them. Then I got my book and realized that 12x12 isn't 12x12. It's more like 11.5x12. Unfortunately I can only trim about 2 of the pages without losing something, the other ones I have embellishments and frames of pictures almost to the very edge and can't trim enough off.

So I guess my ? is... are all scrapbooks this way? (Stampin' up, etc) If so, am I just doomed?!?!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:24 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I've only seen CM albums this way. SU is true 12x12!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #3  
Inking Addict

Default They aren't all like this, I promise!

I used to sell Creative Memories, and when I stopped this was actually one of my reasons. So I understand you right, you've made these pages on cardstock, and you were planning on glueing the cardstock onto the white pages that come in the album? (this is what I did for a little while). However, you've run into a problem because cutting down the page means losing some of your art?

Ok, if this is your problem, don't worry. Creative Memories has a good return policy, so you can probably get your money back. Try to look for an album that is post-bound (like stampin up or at Michaels). This way you make a page, and slide it into a page protector. Creative Memories albums are strap-hinge, which means that the page is actually anchored in the book and you slide the page protector over it.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:25 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Nope...SU's are really 12x12. I used to use all creative memories scrapbooks because I really like their quality, but I stopped buying them for this very reason. CM demos warn people against "wallpapering" their pages because of bulk. So for them, the exact size does not cause a problem. I also like the fact with the SU books I can take pages in and out and move them around because they aren't glued down. My CM consultant did tell me however that top loading books, such as SU, can collect dust inside the protectors when standing on a bookshelf. That makes sense, but after weighing the pros and cons I've stuck with SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 11:40 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes