Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-20-2004, 02:32 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about SU die cut boxes vs gable boxes

A few questions about SU boxes. I am debating between the gable boxes and the mini gable boxes & tags. Any opinions one way or another? We will be decorating them with a fall theme for a craft night at my church.

Also, the gable boxes (pg 221) say white or kraft...is kraft the same color as the kraft paper we sell? Thanks so much for the opinions. I don't have time to order both and try them to decide myself.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 03:09 PM   #2  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default GABLE BOXES

Emily,

I don't care for the gable boxes that already come punched out. I tried them and couldn't do much with them. Also, the white ones take the ink strangely so IMO it doesn't look pretty. I may just be a DORK though.

I prefer the prepunched bags in the catalog that come in sheets. That way they are flat when you stamp them and then can assemble afterward. Just my 2 cents, which doesn't count for much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 03:57 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

The couple of times I stamped on the gable boxes I found that it was a bit tricky. The boxes are "flat folded" when you get them so you can stamp on them. I found that wheeling them was very challenging..not very pretty. But ramdom stamping was ok. The boxes are cute when 'popped-out'.

But as far as ease of stamping, the perforated ones are best. Punch out and then stamp. Assemble with SNAIL (mono) or with the 2-stick tape. A little more time sensitive on assembly, but not much. But easier stamping. HTH!

Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 06:27 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks Ladies! I was wondering if the gable boxes (the kind you don't punch out) were better for groups because you don't have to mono them....but I like the look of the others.

Anyone know about how much they could hold? Like if you were going to put candy in them or something.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree with texasjodylynn on the white gable boxes! Wish I would have known this before I ordered 3 packs for a stamp camp this weekend!

I think I am going to stamp cardstock and then attach it to the box - like a few in the galleries.

Good luck,
Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 06:54 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

I just received my SU gable boxes. I wheeled and randomed stamped on them and had no difficulty. The kraft boxes are the same shade as our kraft paper. Avoid the white boxes, they are semi-glossy and they are very tricky to stamp on without smearing. The medium kraft box holds about a bag and some of mini Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups. :lol: Also, they make nice gift boxes for your 4" x 4" coasters. Have fun, Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-20-2004, 07:36 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I like the gable boxes better, and have no problem wheeling on them. Avoid the white, as the ink smears and dries a funny color. They are a lot sturdier than the die-cut boxes and would probably work better for holding candy, etc. The small ones would work great for individually-sized candies, etc. I did a "get well" box using the medium ones that held a box of soup, bag of cough drops, six individually-packaged tea bags and the purse-size tissues, just to give you some idea of what they will hold. HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2004, 04:57 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Well, we won't be wheeling as I only have one. It is hot to dot and not really what I had in mind for a Fall themed event.

Do you have to mono the gable boxes at all? (The already punched out kind.) The main reason I like these is that I would not have to punch them out and I am doing this for at least 20 people. Hopefully more. I've already got to do the rest of the projects so anything to make it easier is A-OK with me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2004, 05:09 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have used the white gables for lots of stamp camps. As long as you are stamping them & not wheeling, they work fine. I think the kraft ones look really pretty wheeled. 2 small candles from the General Dollar fit into them and make a nice gift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-21-2004, 05:22 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Emily,

NO mono involved with the preassembled gable boxes. My vote is for them. The Kraft color ones are wonderful for fall.
Reply With Quote Likes