Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-23-2007, 03:58 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for stamping on the road

I will be traveling 7 hours or so to the beach tomorrow with a husband and a 3 year old daughter in tow. I wonder what you would advice bringing on the road? I was thinking I'd bring pre stamped images to color with my aqua painter and watercolor crayons but am afraid the crayons would melt if I forget them in the van. When you travel for a long trip on the road, what do you like to bring stamp-wise?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 06:00 AM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Bringing along images to colour sounds like a super idea for a trip like that! Are you all bringing a cooler along? If so, you could stash the crayons in teh cooler until you are ready to use them, or once you are done with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 06:15 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Get some window sheets and cut it into squares. Scribble the color all over the little window sheets and you have portable watercolor crayons. No melting! Just color on them a lot so you have plenty.
Hugs,
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 06:49 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Bring stamping magazines and a notebook that you can write ideas down on as they come to you. I like to sketch an idea that I know I've got a set for when I come across a card in a magazine that I like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 07:27 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Do you like to cut out your stamped images? If so, stamp a bunch and then bring along your crayons or pencils and aquapainter/blender pen to color and then cut them out.

I have a small container to put stamped images in that I can pull out when time/space is an issue and just spend time coloring and cutting - not much mess and takes up very little space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 07:28 AM   #6  
Impoverished Gymnastics Mom

I had to laugh at the title of this thread. The first thought that popped into my head was "make sure no cars are coming."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 07:34 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was thinking "Watch out for those semi's they will make an owie!!";)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 07:38 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

My DH says I NEVER see ANY of the scenery as I'm always coloring! ;-) I used to watercolor in the car with watercolor pencils, brush and one of the little pump dealies that you push down on the top and it puts a little water into the bowl at the top of the cap. That's great as long as DH's driving is smooth and so is the road. My preferred method now is to use Prismacolor pencils, stumps and gamsol. I have a lap board with three velcro spots at the top. One spot is for my dauber bottle with the gamsol, one for the cup with the stumps and one for a plastic frozen juice can for pencils for the current project. The dauber bottle was the absolute best buy from Michaels for only $3.50. It is clear plastic and has a sponge at the top. You invert and depress a little valve to charge up the sponge with the gamsol. I usually carry a plastic sandwish bag and depress it into the bag. The gamsol doesn't evaporate too fast with this method and there are absolutely no spills. The method of coloring is great for the road because if you hit a bump you don't ruin your project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&cars
My DH says I NEVER see ANY of the scenery as I'm always coloring! ;-) .
ROFL! That's what my husband always complains about. I am always texting on my Sidekick pager or reading something, looking down when he wants me to enjoy the scenery. I always overpack "in case" for this or that... weather wise, boredom wise... clothes wise... etc LOL. I guess I better go and pre stamp some images and bring some selected Prismacolor pencils and "gamsol" with my stumps as well as aquapainter and maybe some window sheets, great idea Gina!! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

For traveling, I got this wonderful pencil case for my prismacolor pencils from dickblick.com. It holds 120 in a zippered case. Much better to protect my pencil investment!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #11  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnywl
I will be traveling 7 hours or so to the beach tomorrow with a husband and a 3 year old daughter in tow. I wonder what you would advice bringing on the road? I was thinking I'd bring pre stamped images to color with my aqua painter and watercolor crayons but am afraid the crayons would melt if I forget them in the van. When you travel for a long trip on the road, what do you like to bring stamp-wise?
I just got back from a 3 week camping vacation and I took some of my stamping stuff with me.

I have a large briefcase that I carry some of my supplies in. like my Lyrca Watercolor crayons and Primascolor H2o pencils.
And I took some of my unmounted Rubber stamps with me too.. 12 set's.

I've been doing this for a couple of years now.

I haven't had any problems with anything melting. Or getting damaged. Of course our camper is Air conditioned, But when traveling down the road it is not!

but if you are leaving your stuff in the van...Then a Cooler might be a good idea.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes