Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #41  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTT TO KEEP THIS WITH THE ORIGINAL POST
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2006, 05:19 PM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaof3insd
just got my 50 lbs worth of envelopes in SD!!
no transparancies available here :(
Kimberly, try to order them again. I ordered some this morning and was billed. My envies, however, have not been billed or shipped. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by usbornegina
Kimberly, try to order them again. I ordered some this morning and was billed. My envies, however, have not been billed or shipped. :(
i did this afternoon and the transparancies were in stock!! yippee! thanks!!
although the gal said i may or may not get them. she said if they show up on friday, i got lucky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegastamper
I ordered mono and envelopes on Saturday morning. The mono came on Tuesday (to Las Vegas). I'm still waiting on the envelopes.
Same for me but I'm in Massachusetts, or was it Saturday night? Yeah Saturday night!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

I ordered mine on Saturday and they arrived in Colorado on Wednesday. .01 cent a box and my father said I received 9 cases...ugh. They don't ship APO, so I had to send them to my family. I'm in the "what was I thinking?" mind frame, but I'll never pay $5.95 for 40 envelopes from SU again! I don't care if the glue gets dry, I will just swipe them with the glue stick.

Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Ok I am confussed what is .01 cents envelopes or transparencies. Help me Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

I placed an order Saturday afternoon for envies and then later placed an order for the transparencies. I received the transparencies today at the $ .01 price on my invoice. My order for envies was cancelled due to inventory issues.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

I ordered 88 on Saturday, all 88 came on Wednesday one day later than the tracking site said.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #49  
Mad Swapper

I ordered envies and then transparencies both on 1/21. I received my transparencies today, but my envies were cancelled due to inventory error. :-( If anyone wants to trade envies for transparencies I am willing to do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #50  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Buyers Beware!

I ordered 10 boxes of envelopes on Saturday, with delivery scheduled for Tuesday. They never arrived. Today my Viking Order History says the order was deleted for inventory reasons. I had to call Viking today about a credit I was supposed to receive on a previous order, and while talking to the rep I inquired about this whole envelope issue, explaining how I know of some people that ordered 50, 100 or even 200 boxes of these envelopes and they received them ... blah, blah, blah ... why am I not able to get a measly 10 boxes?!

The rep I spoke to said they are well aware of the issues surrounding these envelopes and the price, etc., and she "assured" me (that's the word she used ... "I can assure you ... ") that those who received the boxes for $0.01 each would in fact be charged the correct amount within the next couple of days.

So ... lookout! Watch your bank account if you paid by debit card, credit card, etc. Some of you might be socked with some hefty charges.

It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Last edited by StampinHappyInCT; 01-26-2006 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 04:31 PM   #51  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCT
I ordered 10 boxes of envelopes on Saturday, with delivery scheduled for Tuesday. They never arrived. Today my Viking Order History says the order was deleted for inventory reasons. I had to call Viking today about a credit I was supposed to receive on a previous order, and while talking to the rep I inquired about this whole envelope issue, explaining how I know of some people that ordered 50, 100 or even 200 boxes of these envelopes and they received them ... blah, blah, blah ... why am I not able to get a measly 10 boxes?!

The rep I spoke to said they are well aware of the issues surrounding these envelopes and the price, etc., and she "assured" (that's the word she used ... assured) me that those who received the boxes for $0.01 each would in fact be charged the correct amount within the next couple of days.

So ... lookout! Watch your bank account if you paid by debit card, credit card, etc. Some of you might be socked with some hefty charges.

It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.
How can they possibly do that? If your invoice shows a certain price (like .01/box for envelopes) ... and your credit card has already been charged reflecting that amount ... and then it is all delivered ... well, from what I understand, that is totally ILLEGAL to charge you a different price!

So, is this the case for the transparencies as well? People who got those will also be charged?

This whole thing with Viking has really got me steaming now (and I don't get too riled up about things, generally). At first, I was like, "No biggie. It's just envelopes." But the fact that there are many who have gotten there orders and many who haven't ... coupled with the fact that practically every person who has called Viking has gotten a different story about the matter ... has made me not want to ever order from them again! And they say they are going to call or send a letter ... but I would not hold your breath on that one! (Yeah, someone was supposed to call me on Monday ... no call was ever received ... even though the customer rep told me that his notes showed that someone had left a voicemail for me on Monday morning ... yeah, right!)

Ok, got that off my chest now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #52  
Gabfest Goddess

I ordered envies on Saturday and transparencies on Sunday. I got my Transparencies on 1/24 & the envies say cancelled due to inventory. I live in Maryland.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 12:45 PM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

"So ... lookout! Watch your bank account if you paid by debit card, credit card, etc. Some of you might be socked with some hefty charges."

Viking can't go back and charge us another amount for the envelopes. Maybe they just wanted to pacify you and get you off of the phone.

It would be no different than buying a couch at Sears and then finding another charge on your account and having Sears say "Oh, we decided we shouldn't have let the couch go for a price that low".

I'm really sorry for the ones that didn't get their envelopes, but the orders that were received are signed, sealed and delivered.

Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

Never mind!

Last edited by StampinHappyInCT; 01-27-2006 at 01:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Default Sealed???

[
I'm really sorry for the ones that didn't get their envelopes, but the orders that were received are signed, sealed and delivered.

Michele[/QUOTE]

The envies came sealed???? no wonder they were a penny.

JK--This thread just seemed like it needed a laugh. Mine were cancelled as well. Am I bummed, yes. But my best friends is a children's hospital with her child who is getting an MRI--I just can't get too upset over envies today

Never ask a woman her age, weight or how many stamp sets she owns. She will lie about all of them.
*Goal: weight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #56  
Die Cut Diva

i ordered 20 boxes on 1-21-06, they said they were backordered.. lol they arrived today in norfolk va

I have the coolest sister in the world, navybrat75!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 01:14 PM   #57  
Sassy Shani

:rolleyes:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCT
Pacify me?! You make it sound as if I was being a nasty b**ch on the phone to them. Were you listening to my conversation?! Don't shoot the messenger, honey ... I'm just relating what they told me. Geesh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #58  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh well, mine were deleted too :( BUT I know quite a few people on here got 200 boxes and such, so I guess if I ask really nicely, someone with a kind heart will sell me 5 of their 100 - 200 boxes , I mean WHAT are you going to do with 20,000 envelopes?????? Really ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 01:58 PM   #59  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts
Red face They're Here!

Mine came today. I ordered a measly 6 boxes, and plan to give one to each of my stampin buddies. The invoice says order date: 21 Jan
Delivery date: 27 Jan

Total value at list price $57.42
You saved this amount $57.36

0.06 paid in advance (on my cc)
amount due 0.00 DO NOT PAY

I live in Maryland.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #60  
Watercolor Wizard

I ordered twenty boxes and had a confirmation email but now they say they have no record of my order. :(

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #61  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobookittysgranny
I ordered Sat. evening and haven't received anything. I only ordered 10 boxes.
I live north of Chicago. On Viking, one line states a partial shipment and the other line states on backorder. Any ideas??
I ordered 100 boxes and my order says the same thing, but I received none! I'm in SoCal.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #62  
Mad Swapper

Jami,
Did you get the information on the first screen as you view your order history? Or did you get it from the second screen?

Mine reads "delivered 1/30/06" - when I hit the left side - order info - it brought me to the screen that says, "shipped by third party, to be delivered..." The rep I spoke to wondered aloud when she assisted me with setting up my account as to which of two CA warehouses my goods would probably come from. Am I making any sense to you. I think that initially there was no problem for most of the people living along the west coast. And the, maybe one' s proximity along the delivery route has something to do with it as well since your oder was one of the first going in from here. ((((crossing fingers for you))))

The customer service rep told me that Viking would never charge more than what they quote before contacting the customer if there was a problem with availability. The problem seems to be that everyone is speaking to sales reps who either don't know and don't say they don't know, which confuses and infuriates the customer... although I have yet to see for myself what happens to my order - my experience with the customer service rep who spoke with me was very positive.

good luck to all still waiting...

Last edited by twinks; 01-27-2006 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:24 PM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Default Delivery Info 0 they're here for me as well!

deleted - posted 2x

Last edited by twinks; 02-01-2006 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #64  
Mad Swapper

Default Delivery Info 0 they're here for me as well!

I just got my envelopes delivered a half hour ago by UPS.

I also ordered early Saturday morning. Initially (correction from previous post on the other thread) it did say delivery 1/27/06. That changed the other day to read "delivered" and the second page summary said, "..to be delivered by a third party on 1/30/06".

The return address on the box reads "Office Depot Shipping Department". It came to me from Fremont, CA.

I live in Hawaii.

~Lynn~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #65  
Polyshrink Goddess

StampinHappy in CT - I'm not sure why you took my comments to mean you were a B**** on the phone with the Vikiing rep. It honestly wasn't meant that way. If you are on the phone and you are unhappy because you aren't getting your envelopes and you tell the rep that you know other people did, then it may be in that persons best interest to "pacify" you by telling you something like "those people will be charged the proper amount".

I only posted because I don't want people who have received their envelopes to panic thinking that Viking is going to double charge them, this time for major money.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this site, but I think I'm better off not posting. It's true that people will read what they want into posts/email, depending on their mood. I'm not a foofy kind of person or writer, I just get to the point...or better yet, my point...whether I really have one or not. I'm sorry you read more into my post than what was intended. I've lurked for ages and ages, so I'll just go back to that.

Michele

p.s. I'm not going to see my envelopes until I go back home this summer, to visit (I told me dad not to mail them to me here, because he would do it and not let me pay him back for shipping-my family does enough as it is to keep us in goodies that we miss.). If anyone will still be interested in some that far down the road, let me know. I certainly don't need 10,000 of them, but like I said before, I won't have to buy any from Stampin' Up...it's just too bad I ordered 4 packages with my SAB order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2006, 11:05 PM   #66  
Mad Swapper

Michele,
I understood the point you were trying to make!!! Don't shy away from posting the sharing of your thoughts or feelings. I felt in reading your words that you were trying to give an explanation of the explanation this one individual received.

Everyone who had contact with someone heard different things - it goes to show that they were just as confused as the rest of us. I feel that it depended on the region, the way the orders were placed, who handled, where the shipping center was...too much to mention and too much, waaaaaaay too much to not have differing points of views.

Pity all that did not get their envies, pity the people who had to try and come up with a reasonable explanation to something they may or may not have been aware of, pity those happy sisters that removed their celebrations from their signature lines and pity those of us who hurt intentionally or otherwise another. The black and white words are wonderful in nice exchanges and gets complicated by what each brings to the "chat room".

I also felt as you did once - people "assume" too much. Come back...you can PM me. I'll put you on my Buddy List even tho I have yet to learn what that means also. (((hugs)))

~Lynn~

Quote:

Originally Posted by nox1
StampinHappy in CT - I'm not sure why you took my comments to mean you were a B**** on the phone with the Vikiing rep. It honestly wasn't meant that way. If you are on the phone and you are unhappy because you aren't getting your envelopes and you tell the rep that you know other people did, then it may be in that persons best interest to "pacify" you by telling you something like "those people will be charged the proper amount".

I only posted because I don't want people who have received their envelopes to panic thinking that Viking is going to double charge them, this time for major money.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this site, but I think I'm better off not posting. It's true that people will read what they want into posts/email, depending on their mood. I'm not a foofy kind of person or writer, I just get to the point...or better yet, my point...whether I really have one or not. I'm sorry you read more into my post than what was intended. I've lurked for ages and ages, so I'll just go back to that.

Michele

p.s. I'm not going to see my envelopes until I go back home this summer, to visit (I told me dad not to mail them to me here, because he would do it and not let me pay him back for shipping-my family does enough as it is to keep us in goodies that we miss.). If anyone will still be interested in some that far down the road, let me know. I certainly don't need 10,000 of them, but like I said before, I won't have to buy any from Stampin' Up...it's just too bad I ordered 4 packages with my SAB order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2006, 11:39 AM   #67  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lynn,

Sorry I didn't post back to you. I cannot keep up with all of the posts and it went missing. Thank you so much for your post. I honestly worried that everyone would think I was a horrible troll, and I'm really not like that. I even pulled my husband into the computer room and made him read my post. Of course he thought I was a kook for worrying what someone, who I'd never met before, had said to me. I felt silly that I'd let someone hurt my feelers over something so non Earth shattering.

I too think the mailing out/not mailing out of envelopes all depended on region...also availability...but we'll probably never know what the whole story was, behind the scenes.

I don't know how to use a buddy list either, but when I figure it out I'll add you to mine!

Thanks again,
Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2006, 12:49 PM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

Congrats to everyone who received their one cent envies! I ordered on the 26th, have received my mono and vellum, but my envies still say backordered. For now I'll cross my fingers and hope I get them, if not, oh well, I certainly don't begrudge anyone who did, for you I say "WOO-HOO! You lucked out, go ahead, my bargain shopping sista!"

Kristen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #69  
Gabfest Goddess

Count me among those who received the Mono but had the envelopes cancelled without explanation. The least they could have done was sent letters to people via email -- it's not like they don't have our contact info. Had I not gone to the site tonight to check on my backorder I'd still be waiting and wondering. Mostly bummed as I've been making cards to send to troops for their personal use and, as we all know, envelopes do get pricey. Oh, well. You know what they say: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. :(

Heather

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2006, 05:23 AM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

WOW! I think I may be the only person so far who did not order that first Saturday (I ordered Weds 1-25) and got my envelopes!!! I almost didn't order b/c I figured I missed the boat, and from reading the comments, I wasn't going to hold my breath, but they came yesterday! Anyone else order a day other than Saturday and get them? I live in Maryland...
Reply With Quote Likes