Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any prek teachers out there??

So I am planning a gift for the end of the year and of course part of it will be stamped.

I got these super cute little notecard holders from Target and of course now they are gone. I needed 4 and only have 2. So my plan was to put 5 cards in each and decorate them. Since I only have 2, my plan has to change!

The boys each have 2 teachers. It is billed as a Teacher and an Assistant. I am thinking they both probably do a lot of the work. I was going to give the Head teacher the box with cards and the Assistant just the cards another way...tied with ribbon or something. But I don't want to be rude, should I just give the boxes to one set of teachers and then do something else with them for the other set? I don't want to come across as belittling to the Assistant teacher.

I probably way overthink this stuff. Anyway, any ideas?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 07:44 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not a teacher but I would probably do the same for the Assistant...only because the Assistants I have seen do as much work if not more with the kids than the Teacher does.....The Assistant in my dd's K class was always there and was often alone with the kids while teacher had a meeting or doc appt etc...she was also the one that did a lot of hands on with the kids and took them to recess etc.....and they get paid very little usually!
I would come up with something different for one set of the teachers.....maybe make one of those purses that I have seen so much of in the gallery?!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 11:12 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I am an assistant in a pre-k class.... i tend to do more work than the teacher....she has me doing all teh coping and paper filing. and other things she may need done. I also help teach the class at times. So in my opinion i would do the same thing for both .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, I agree. In my sons preschool class the assistant does a LOT of work too and I've typically gotten them the same item..for Christmas and Valentines. If you need another idea, We just made dry erase boards out of 8x8 ceramic tiles and used luminere and pearl ex mixed to stamp on them...then sealed the stamped part with floor wax. You can't seal the entire thing (I don't think) or else you can't write on it as well. Velcroed dry erase markers on the top and they turned out cute. I think you can get the tiles for cheap-cheap at HOme Depot or another home improvent type store.

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was an assistant for 5 years I did as much work if not more than the teacher did! I was there before she was and stayed later half of the time too! I did all the prep work for the class and almost all preparing for the craft projects. She was a great teacher, but I swear I was the one who did everything

Please treat them the same way! Whatever you decide to do. Too many times I got the shaft, just because I was the assistant and not the lead teacher!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I am an assistant in a preschool, I find for the most part the teacher and I have recieved equal gifts. We work as a team I do alot of running and she does most of the lesson plans.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2006, 03:44 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

So Emily what did you decide to do??

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Have you checked a different Target? What did the notecard holders look like. Maybe you could find something similar at Tuesday morning or somewhere else. I used to be a co-teacher in a preschool. Everyone thought I was the assistant and sometimes we got different gifts or I didn't get one at all. I did more of the work and got none of the credit. The same or similar is best. Good luck, Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

I agree with the majority of posters. I used to be a pre-K teacher and my assistant did tons of work. She usually got the same gifts which I think she deserved.
Reply With Quote Likes