Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2005, 05:24 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any set you really want but not...

sure why you want it so bad? I have always thought Farm Fresh is so cute but it's not the most practical set to buy. Since it's retiring I can't stop thinking about how bad I "need" this set. LOL. Do you ever buy a set just because it's really cute even though you know you will not get a ton of use out of it? I'm going to go ahead and get it because I will never forgive myself if I don't. I was on the fence about it until I checked out the gallery last night. There are some really great cards made with this set. What about you any set you just can't live without but your not sure why?
April
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 05:55 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Depends! I couldn't live without steppin style, even though I knew i wouldn't use it often I knew I could use it once in a while so I got it. Fire Brigade was the same since my dad and all his buddies are firemen I figured I would get some use out of it! But I also really wanted the recipie card stamp set, knowing I would never use it so I decided not to! I guess I figure if I have some use for it I'll get it and trade it later but if I know I will never use it I stay away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 06:22 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Sweet treats is mine. I love those whimsical cakes, but it isn't very versatile IMO. Of course it isn't reitiring, so I have at least another year to be proved wrong

Docorate of De-Edumacation, Lawd, How Cum granted by Rainsong

"What's life if not doing things for other people?" Martin Gray

Eesay ymay allerygay !

ymay amperedpay efchay usinessbay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 06:23 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

For me it's the pink flamingos set (is that even the name of it?). I think it's super cute, but what would I do with it? I'm not a big fan of the bird, nor is anyone I know... It's just one of those things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 06:39 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steppin' Style is my impractical choice too. It was demo'ed at the first workshop I hosted & I fell in love with it. At that time, however, I didn't evaluate stamps based on versatility or even usefulness - I just thought it was sooo cute! Of course, I rarely use it now, although the baby shoes & "Congrat-shoe-lations" stamps come in handy every once in a while.

On the other end of the usefulness spectrum is All Natural. I never get tired of it, it works well with every single color family, stamps can easily be used with other sets, and it is useful for making cheery cards as well as more somber sympathy cards. Love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 06:44 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, Farm Fresh is one of those for me, too. I've loved it ever since it first came out, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it because I know I would never use it more than once or twice. I've really gotten strict with myself about the stamp sets I buy now that I'm running out of room to put them. Maybe if I can get rid of the ones I'm already NOT using, then I can loosen up a little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 07:41 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I really wanted Farm Fresh too but couldn't justify the expense. Instead, I ordered the jumbo wheel. I figure that will be retiring with the set. Much cheaper, still the same flavor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 07:50 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I feel the same way about Farm Fresh! I love it and think it's adorable, but couldn't justify the cost to my stampin budget. Another one is Botanicals for me. I always promised myself I would get it before it retired, but now I can't seem to justify the cost. When I look it at it versus other sets I have it's just too similar to part with the $$. I got Changing Seasons instead which isn't like any other set I have. Darn! I wish the DH would hurry up and win the lottery so I wouldn't have to worry about $$ OR storage space. I'd have that mansion, you know...

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 08:00 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

On the Farm plus its wheel is the set I want really bad... and for the life of me I dont know why. I can use it but not much... One of the very first sets that I bought was Past'ure Birthday many many years ago and I still have it,, I havent used it much either, I think I mostly just played around with it but never made any cards to send. Imagine that! I think that must have something to do with my wanting this set. I also like the new Walk This Way set and I think they would all go together well... I just hate to let On the Farm get away. I also want "On the Beach" just cause I like beachy things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 08:59 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny4wheel
I feel the same way about Farm Fresh! I love it and think it's adorable, but couldn't justify the cost to my stampin budget. Another one is Botanicals for me. I always promised myself I would get it before it retired, but now I can't seem to justify the cost. When I look it at it versus other sets I have it's just too similar to part with the $$.
I have to admit, I HAD to have Farm Fresh back when it first came out in a mini, and I jus traded it off because I didn't think it was versatile enough to justify keeping... I think it really only works for a few things and that kinda bugged me. On the other hand, I am currently holding my mom's Botanicals set HOSTAGE... I am NEVER giving it back!!! (Oh, wait, she just borrowed it back last week... I must figure out how to steal it back...) I have to say, I really do think it's versatile... the big flower/bud stamp can go on anything from happy to sympathy, the background stamp is a unique size and is quicker and easier to use than French Script for tons of things, and the saying stamp is pretty generic. The whole set is super for collage-y type things, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 09:09 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

It was Botanicals for me. I did put an order in for it...it should be here next week. I always wanted it, but needed other kinds of stamps first. It was also a bit spendy. I just hope I use it! Although with all the beautiful things in the gallery, I'll be quite busy playing with it!

A.

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 10:53 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jando
I really wanted Farm Fresh too but couldn't justify the expense. Instead, I ordered the jumbo wheel. I figure that will be retiring with the set. Much cheaper, still the same flavor.

Which wheel? I am looking at the page with farm fresh and I don't see a wheel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 12:38 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

I'm with Sherlie - I've been wanting On the Farm since before it even had the coordinating jumbo wheel, and now that it's retiring I sort of want it even more. I thought it would be cute for scrapbook pages, but we don't live on a farm! I thought about the cute sayings you could use like "Baby, you look Moovelous", "We're Mooving", "Thank Ewe", "Miss Ewe", "Miss you Baaad", "Hog wild for you", etc., but I still have never brought myself to spend the money. I just try to keep thinking of all the cool new sets that will be in the new catty that I know I'll probably want even more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2005, 01:08 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

I really like Happy Fall Ya'll, I really have no need for it but I am really thinking about getting it b/c it is retiring, I just think that little scarecrow is so cute and I am in Oklahoma so Ya'll is part of life here!!

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bug Builders for me! thought it was so cute when it first came out I just HAD to have it. Used it maybe twice & will probably trade or sell it. More careful now when deciding & look for versatility - like, instead of buying a large bg stamp do I have other stamps that can be used to create the bg I need... images or word stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2005, 11:52 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

For some insane reason I really want Many Moos. I decided that I'm not going to get it before it retires. You can only make so many cards with those cows and it won't be funny anymore. But I still think they are hilarious!
Reply With Quote Likes