Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #81  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62View Post
I amlooking for a new demo , since my is no longer doing it. Is there anyone who can send me a new catalog. I would love to see the new things.
I see that you are in MA. I am in MD. I would suggest that you go to the SU website and click on the Demonstrator Locator to find someone in your area. Actually, your old demonstrator may be able to recommend someone. She probably has either an upline, or a downline.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #82  
clean and krafty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

I never met a stamp I didn't like......

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 07:28 AM   #83  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartharView Post
I think , now that we've experienced two catty's, I'd rather have the one catty per year with 3 minis.
I would love to see them go back to 3-4 minis per year, but, still stay with two catalogs a year. Reason being is that when they had one catalog it was said that they couldn't keep up with the trends and that people were bored with the catalog.(I have been there myself, but not sure if it is more wanting to see new things.) I have had no problem finding enough in the last few catalogs that I liked, but even so, I have about 40 sets that are jumping out at me to give them a home and the paper is calling my name too.
Sometimes I think we build things up in our minds and then when it isn't exactly what we thought it would be we are dissapointed. That is one of the reasons I did not look at the spoilers this time around. Sure, I saw a few things but the catalog was all unexplored territory for me and with no preconceptions, I think that it was a better experience for me too. Anyways, after all of my rambling, I really, really love this catalog and from my group of girls that have seen it the excitement is just as much as mine. I am so glad that I started a club because there are so many things I can't wait to get to demonstrate and have them try.:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #84  
Die Cut Diva

I too miss the mini's, I wish there were still the same ammount of mini's regardless of how they do the main catty.

More, more, more......stamps! (not home stuff) Or how about more scrappy stuff in the mini's, was still dissapointed at the ammount of scrap supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

I love all the new accessories and colors. There a few sets that I really want too. I am sort of disappointed with the Christmas and Holiday sets. I found a couple that are cute but nothing that knocks my socks off. All in all- it's the new Designer paper and acessories that have me ooohing and aaahing. But tha'ts not slighting the catty- I just have so many sets I ordered the last time around that I haven't had a chance to put to ink yet. Until I get a chance to play with those- I can't get too excited about stamp sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #86  
Polyshrink Goddess

My brothers and sisters and I all had sock monkeys. It was around the same time that same Aunt who gave it to me made us ponchos out of bathroom towels She also made us all matching ponchos crocheted with neon colored yarns Long live the sock monkey and may he always bring a smile from back in the good old days when toys were made with love!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wasn't thrilled with this catty either - and I am beginning to wonder if maybe it's me (I suppose I have so many stamps - that it's hard to find really unique things I like and need). I do love the new silhouette stamps though - and I'm getting them (and I also have Garden Silhouettes and Stem Silhouettes) so I think I'm covered as far as they go (not that I wouldn't buy more

I am not a fan of the sock monkey either and would never get my money's worth out of it.

I, too, wish they still had 4 minis as well as sell-a-bration. I liked having new stuff often (well, more often) throughout the year.

I like the in-colors and have them, but wish they wouldn't be around for only a year. I wish they'd bring in six new colors a year and LEAVE THEM FOREVER (like cool carribbean). I also wish they'd have markers for the in-colors.

Okay - I've rambled enough.

This catty didn't WOW me - but there are still some things I'll be buying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 08:58 AM   #88  
Pearl-ExPert

My catty just came today...and I spent my hour with it...

I am not THRILLED, actually there are only 2 new stamps I need...everything else I liked, I already have. But I like that the variety of ribbon is better! I am disappointed with the hodgepodge...actually the whole catty is geared toward the PRETTY stuff, and that's just not me. I like rustic, simple, outdoorsy stuff. (Yep, Under the Stars was one of the two I need).

I am not crazy about the In Colors at all...although the red goes with much of what I do, so I will get that one.

I agree with some of the other posters, that it's probably more that we each have what we LOVE already, and it's hard to top it. When I was new at this I LOVED the whole new catalog...because it was all new-ish.

Honestly I don't even like a single one of the hostess sets...which is good because I will have trouble making my list big enough for one...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 AM   #89  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love the new papers and ribbons but am not that happy with the stamp sets. I thought the new Christmas sets were a little creepy for some reason.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #90  
Rubber Obsessor

I like the new catalog. I think many of the samples are awesome and I like a lot of the stamp sets. I agree with the others - the DSP designs are awesome. I expected to see the Big Shot and the exclusive SU dies in the catalog - what am I missing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #91  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeckyG3View Post
I like the new catalog. I think many of the samples are awesome and I like a lot of the stamp sets. I agree with the others - the DSP designs are awesome. I expected to see the Big Shot and the exclusive SU dies in the catalog - what am I missing?
They will be available in the Holiday Mini.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't seen the new SU catalog yet. However, based on the previews my reaction (stated before...) is that the SU stamps look like SU stamps. This is neither a negative or a positive -- it depends on whether you like SU stamps.

I feel the same away about Amuse, Karen Lockhart, Bellas, etc. Each company has its own style and is generally recognizable. Even though SU offers a huge variety, I can usually pick them out as an SU design, regardless of style.

Last edited by Joan B; 08-09-2008 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: MUST match verb to subject
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 10:12 AM   #93  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInkView Post
They will be available in the Holiday Mini.
Thanks Jan, I missed that too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 11:00 AM   #94  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by SammyStamperView Post
We all have our likes and dislikes. I love the new catalog. I'm so excited over the Cheers to You set and I keep cracking up everytime I look at Christmas Lineup, can't wait to get that one. Love the papers and ribbons and brads!
I want the Christmas Lineup also, though my husband doesn't understand why I would want a stamp of reindeer that appear "strung out."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #95  
Mad Swapper

I have not seen the new catalog. Hopefully soon.

Do you think the disappointment comes from having 2 catalogs per year? It seems that maybe in the past there were many more new stamps to choose from since they only came out once a year. Now that it is twice a year there seem to be fewer and perhaps not as exciting. Just a thought.

Maybe this time they also put a bit more emphasis into the decor end of it and also the Big Shot. Maybe so much time and effort was concentrated on these items.

I also want to say that sometimes I get on stamp overload (shudder) but it happens. Maybe at the time I first look at the catty I am feeling this way and nothing strikes me but several days/weeks later something grabs my attention. Also when I see more samples in the gallery my interest is recharged and I look at a stamp set a bit differently.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #96  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopping DivaView Post
I have called and e-mailed SU! previously and told them that they should do some more "modern" stamp sets. For instance, maybe some "girlfriend" stamps, and more "artistic" stamps that can be colored. I even told them to check out places like "Rubber Romance", "Bella", and "Hannah". If I owned a company like that, I would be really researching the market to see what peoples needs are. Yes, I know you can't please everyone, but I really think that the flowers, butterflys, and child like art is really getting old. Thank God we have places like I mentioned above and the others like Papertrey and Unity, Gina K., etc.
oh, please, please don't suggest that SU! does anything like the 'bellas' - I just couldn't take that hedious smile on any more stamps! Or stamps of people without heads - that's just creepy! I personally do not find anything artistic about those types of stamps. And it seems like stick people stamps are starting to fade in popularity.

Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #97  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mginkerView Post
oh, please, please don't suggest that SU! does anything like the 'bellas' - I just couldn't take that hedious smile on any more stamps! Or stamps of people without heads - that's just creepy! I personally do not find anything artistic about those types of stamps. And it seems like stick people stamps are starting to fade in popularity.

Marie

Hmmm, I never mentioned the ones without the heads, and I think that the Bella's are more like "girlfriend" stamps, and never said anything about them being artistic. I simply gave them some suggestions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 01:05 PM   #98  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by mginkerView Post

Marie

I agree - the "girlfriend" stamps are certainly NOT my thing. If SU ever started doing that all the time, I'd have to buy my stuff someplace else! But.....to each their own!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by abange58View Post
I want the Christmas Lineup also, though my husband doesn't understand why I would want a stamp of reindeer that appear "strung out."
LOL, I was trying to figure out why the reindeer look so unhappy and the other groups don't. Best I could come up with was that Rudolph farted.....but that could just be from the fact that I'm the only girl in the house....:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #100  
Polyshrink Goddess

i'm so glad i'm not the only one! i TOTALLY thought "the other deer look like rudolph cropdusted them, and they're not happy about it!" when i saw that set. made myself laugh, but i'm a 46 year old 4 year old, when it comes to fart humor, sigh.....

and the sock monkey creeps me out, big time.

that said, i'm really digging the new catalog so far. i love love love the papers, and the big fat striped ribbon, and the new punches, and some of the new stamp sets just made me swoon!

gonna be hard to figure out what to buy first!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #101  
Pearl-ExPert

My demo has not received hers yet so here I sit without one. Sigh......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #102  
Gabfest Goddess

I'll be getting my catalog soon. I'll do an order large enough to qualify for a level one set, but it will be mostly the In Colors...paper, ink pads, and reinkers, plus a few odds and ends.
Unless a set jumps out at me, I'm pretty much over SU! stamps. I've been stamping a while now, and they are starting to repeat themselves. The 'new' Rose is a Rose set is almost exactly like the old Cottage Rose set, which I've had for years!
I'm sure that those of you who are newer to the hobby will find much to like in the new catalog, though. The quality of their stamps is excellent, which is why I own hundreds of their sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 03:00 PM   #103  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
LOL, I was trying to figure out why the reindeer look so unhappy and the other groups don't. Best I could come up with was that Rudolph farted.....but that could just be from the fact that I'm the only girl in the house....:rolleyes:
I hadn't thought of it that way, but you could be on to something;) Too funny...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #104  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

They're all jealous of his red nose! Reindeer jealousy is an ugly thing.

I love the set though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #105  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrina+2View Post
I hate the sock monkey! I have wanted to say that so bad,but I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. I'm so glad I am not the only one who thought "what the heck?' when we saw that set.
I am also a sock-monkey-hater!!! And we made one in a workshop today. It's going into the mail on Monday so I won't have it around long! I'm sending it to my sister, who used to make sock monkey dolls. I figured she would appreciate it much more than me!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #106  
NwP
Kookie Creator

I agree with everyone who says that they won't be buying the sock monkey, but I like the idea of him. I feel like, even though it is not my style, it's different from the other stuff (the flowers and flourishes, for example).

And at least he looks professionally drawn. I also agree with those who don't like the scribbly images, what is up with that stuff?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #107  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
Hey, welcome to Splitcoast! Looks like you just joined in time for the new catalog! Hope you enjoy your experience here--there are so many great people who have been here a long time and make it feel like a stamper's home!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 03:59 PM   #108  
Mad Swapper

I got my catalog last night. I just LOVE it. I'm not overwhelmed with everything, but there are quite a few sets I do like (no-- NOT sock monkey, lol). I love the new papers and rub-ons, the new punches and the stamp sets that coordinate with them. I'm in a hostess club but since there are 12 of us, I miss out on getting a hostess set from this catalog. That's okay this time because I really didn't fall head over heels for any of them. The bunny one is nice, but not a must-have.
I haven't had a chance to see any of the dies, embossing folders or the wall sentiments yet either.
All in all, I do like it much better than the last one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #109  
Matboard Maniac

Wow..no love for the sock monkey!? Thats interesting -- I think he rocks! I didn't know people had such strong opinions about things that don't really matter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #110  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm pretty happy with the new catalog! There are several sets that I really like (Inspired by Nature is on the top of the list!) and I like the new punches, paper and accessories. But I think the presentation of the catalog is beautiful--I LOVE the samples!

And--no more Sock Monkey bashing. You're hurting his feelings! LOL!!! I personally like him, but at Stamp Camp last night a few said he was "ugly". They can have their opinions, but I made them leave. Just kidding! On that set, there's definite "love him or hate him" feeling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #111  
Polyshrink Goddess

oh contraire! anything stamping related matters, a lot! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #112  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I hate the sock monkey! I have wanted to say that so bad,but I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings. I'm so glad I am not the only one who thought "what the heck?' when we saw that set.
That sock monkey is ugly, that's my opinion.
But I love the in colors and the dp is adorable. I'm disappointed in the Christmas sets. Overall the cattie is fine. But I do have to agree with some of the other girls - I think these days we have too much to choose from with all the other companies so its got to be very hard to come up with something everyone likes. My wishlist is still very long.
((Hugs))
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #113  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62View Post
I amlooking for a new demo , since my is no longer doing it. Is there anyone who can send me a new catalog. I would love to see the new things.
I don't know where you are in Mass but if you PM I can give you the name of my Demo and I'm sure she would be happy to get you a catalog. She is also starting a monthly stamp club that is very, very reasonable.

Arlene

My new BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #114  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

LOL!
I'd love to see how their version of a sock bunny would look like...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #115  
Gabfest Goddess

I got my catty today and grabbed my list/notes of stamp sets everyone was/has been talking about on SCS....and of course went immediately to the stamp index so I could look up the sets. OMG, if the print gets any smaller, there won't be a need to put one in the book, cause no one will be able to read it.......:rolleyes:

I'm not overly excited about the stamp sets in this catty, but I really like the In Colors this year. You can't please everyone all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #116  
Pearl-ExPert

OK I have to say...the idea behind the Sock Monkey could be cute, but I really do NOT like his arm up in the air and his creepy grin looking straight at you. I think it would have been darling as a vintage-y looking thing staring down, with his arms flopped to the side.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:38 PM   #117  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
I wondered, also. Look at the colored card sample on that page and you can see they are all looking at his red nose and he is grinning. DS said, "What happened? Did he fart?" I'm the only girl here, too!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #118  
Crimping Master

You know I like the new SU set ,but I do agree it did not seem to have alot of stamps sets the I cared for. I think alot of the effort went into Paper and embellishments of some sort. This is ok with me since there are not alot of complete sets I would get. I wish SU would sell stamps individually. I think I would purchase alot more stamps that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #119  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayoView Post
I just want to see it IRL!!!!!!!!!
Now that I have the catty in my hands and have had time to sleep with it ;) and make my list, I must say I am very impressed with this catty and that is a bad thing! I absolutely need every single peice of Designer Paper and OMG that set with the shoes in it is a must have for every woman in the world and all the flower sets....BUT I am being good and only picking out 4 stamp sets to get right away since I have so many still unused as it is...so yes I am impressed :mrgreen:
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #120  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

and about Sock Monkey, I dont like him and was not going to get him but I asked my dd and dh and they think he is just awesome...so he has to come and live at our house, lol.
So ask the fam what they think of him and you may get one more stamp on your list;)
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes