Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone order from Stamp Desires?

If so, what was your experience?

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopping DivaView Post

Thanks!
Bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Bump
Anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #4  
Inking Addict

Default Stamp Desires

I just received an order today, excellent service, received in only a few days.
Shipping was only $2.95, but I only ordered two unmounted stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianesnyderView Post
I just received an order today, excellent service, received in only a few days.
Shipping was only $2.95, but I only ordered two unmounted stamps!
Awesome! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 07:34 AM   #6  
Cardstock Collector

Slow shipping, bad customer service

Quote:

Thanks!
I want to warn people about this site. I read a lot of bad reviews on website and usually they are from 'angry' customers. Trust me, I'm not an angry customer because I wasn't even the customer but my sister was. Just want to help others so no one has to go through this again. After so many online purchases I've bought, this has been by far the worst service I've gotten. Even bad ebay/amazon sellers weren't as bad.
I ordered my items on the 1st of July. It states in their policy that shipping may take 10 to 14 business days to arrive. They also say that they will email me once the items are shipped.
1. By the 14th business day, no email nor products.
2. Tried to call them but ALWAYS go to the answering machine.
3. Checked their address so that I can Google them, conveniently, their address is a PO Box. PO BOX people! Do they even have a legitimate 'office'?
4. Emailed them. OK, they replied but guess what they wrote?

"Your address is not a correct address"
I was shocked beyond belief to hear about this. Even I have done so many online purchases but was never given this illogical reasoning!!

So, I tried to cancel my order. This is their reply:
"I will be canceling this order simply because I think you used a stolen credit card for this transaction because your address is not legitimate. You are giving me the same address you entered when you placed the order which the Postal system says does not exist."

Can you believe StampDesires? How do you like a website calling you a thief after getting such poor service from them? I don't know whether to laugh or cry with this statement.

I hope that anyone who has good/bad experience with them should share. There is not enough reviews on the internet about this website in order for users to make a sound judgment whether or not to buy from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Wow, did you register in this forum JUST to write something bad about this company. I guess you REALLY don't like them. I am willing to listen to criticism but I also like to know who is saying it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

To the above person - phukupaka

Our customers are very important to us. You were not using a legitimate address. The Postal service would not print out your address saying it did not exist in the system. This left me to decide that the card was possibly stolen and a fake address was being used. I asked you again for your address and you gave me the same one so I had no choice but to cancel the order.

We have had people use stolen credit cards to make purchases and for every transaction that is not legitimate, we are charged a $50.00 fee plus we lose the merchandise that was shipped. I was being cautious when I refunded your money.

We do have a legitimate address for our business. The PO Box is used so our mail is not stolen.

Thank you,
Carol Campbell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2010, 08:22 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Stamp Desires

I placed an order on 11/24 and have never received it. I have called and emailed and they do not respond - I am really frustrated
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Default Order From Stamp Desires

HI Placed an order on January 15th 2010 and still have not received it. I haven't even received a shipping confirmation. I have sent at least 6 emails to the company to find out what is going on with the order and they never email back. I am going to cancel my payment through paypal and my order and I will never order again. My order was over $100.00 you would think they want the business. Sherrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

Default Warning about StampDesires

I'd also like to warn potential customers about this company. After placing and receiving several orders without any problems, I didn't hesitate to place another on on 12/29/09. When I didn't receive my order, I sent several emails and left several voicemails asking for the status. On 1/21/10 I sent another email asking if they're still in business, saying if I didn't get a response I'd take legal action. Lo and behold, that afternoon I rec'd a reply saying she was having a difficult time because her husband passed away in early Nov. As sad as that is, it didn't explain where my order of 12/29 was. I finally rec'd an email on 2/26 saying my order would be shipped on 3/4. No reply to my request for a tracking number so I could watch the status. Then on 3/9 I rec'd an email saying my money was refunded. Obviously there was no reply from her asking why she said the order would be shipped and it wasn't. Now I can't get into the website either. This is no way to run a business and I caution you to steer clear of Carol Campbell and her lies and false promises. I will be filing a complaint with the Kansas Better Business Bureau and I urge others who have had problems with this company to do the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2010, 06:47 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

BOGUS

I recently placed an order from Stamp Desires and got an order confirmation. That was weeks ago .... I tried to contact them to find out about my order but the email came back "undeliverable" and the website it no longer active. I don't know how to contact them to cancel this order. I have not been charged for the items but have not received them either. If anyone knows of a way to contact them to cancel my order, I would love to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 03:09 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

I too am waiting for my order, placed in January and have also had my emails returned as undeliverable. I figured it was taking a while because I live in England, but it would appear that might not be the case! I have had excellent service from Carol in the past, so I shall keep my fingers crossed for now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow this sounds just like another stamp company that has done the SAME THING to many other SCSers! How sad.
I would personally file disputes for refunds through paypal or chargebacks on credit cards.
Then I would be reporting them to the BB and the FTC!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomRCView Post
I recently placed an order from Stamp Desires and got an order confirmation. That was weeks ago .... I tried to contact them to find out about my order but the email came back "undeliverable" and the website it no longer active. I don't know how to contact them to cancel this order. I have not been charged for the items but have not received them either. If anyone knows of a way to contact them to cancel my order, I would love to know!
Yup their website is shut down. FILE FOR REFUNDS!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 03:42 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to lpennill
Question So unfortunate!

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with Stampdesires.com. I ordered from Carol in the past and was thrilled with the service. I do see that the site is down, so hopefully your situation can be resolved promptly. Good luck y'all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #17  
Cardstock Collector

Stamp Desires

I was never charged for an order (thank goodness) and consider my order CANCELLED .... so if this Carol person reads this, she can consider my order VOIDED! I am so disappointed that a vendor would just disappear without a word to the customers who placed orders. A simple "shutting down our business and your order cannot be filled" would have been considerate. I did notify Hero Arts that one of their vendors has left many of us in limbo on orders of THEIR stamps. I will be searching for another site to order the stamps I wanted. :( to Stamp Desires
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2010, 05:24 AM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Huge disappointment. Probable scam. Beware.

Hi,

I would like to share my experience with Stamp Desires. First of all; Tracy-Stamper, yes, I just signed up for an account to write this review. Yes, it was that horrible :( and I think people deserve the chance to know what they may go through. Also, I found this website through my search for Carol Campbell, so I didn't really have a chance to register before ;).

I discovered Stamp Desires last year. It is (at least, was) one of the sites that come up when you search for Hero Arts stamps online. On November 11th, 2009, I placed an order of Hero Arts stamps with www . stampdesires . com. I believe the site owner/manager is Carol Campbell. I chose her site because she offered discounts on almost all stamps and free international shipping on orders above $300.00.

I have purchased $682.55 USD worth of stamps, embellishments and other goods on November 11, 2009. The webpage said that I should expect shipment within 10-14 days. They e-mailed me after my purchase and it was fine. So I began waiting.

The webpage also said that shipping would be free for orders over $250 USD(then they increased it to 300), so I sent them an e-mail requesting a refund and also asked help regarding the customs on November 13. By the 19th I still hadn�t heard from them. And when I called I always got the voice message. Then on the 23rd, I sent them another e-mail with the subject stating that I couldn�t get a hold of them and on the 25th I got the reply �We have been extremely busy. I will check into it and get back to you.�

By then this was enough for me. All I needed to hear was that they were looking into it. That I wasn�t forgotten. That I could finally get a hold of someone on the other side.

On December 8, there was still no e-mail from Carol Campbell, who I believe is the head of Stamps Snappy so I sent her another e-mail asking if there were any news. But I couldn�t get a reply to that or my following e-mails on December 18th, 21st and 22nd. By then I was getting edgy and worried. I had paid the second I ordered via PayPal so I checked into the dispute center and saw that my 45 days were almost over to report.

So I sent Carol another e-mail, a serious one. The subject was �URGENT - I need an answer by tomorrow.�. I wrote that I was thinking of opening a dispute with PayPal and that I was going to do it to protect myself, and that I did not want to cause any trouble.

To my surprise, I got a reply right away. On the same day! She wrote; �Your order will be shipping next week� and �Our sincere apologies to you.� So I said fine, happy holidays, I will be waiting. Even added a 2010 catalog to my order.

However ever since that day, I could not hear from them ever again. I sent another e-mail on January 26th, 2010 and January 27th, with no success. Then on February 5th, I wrote another long e-mail stating that I was very sick of this but as you can imagine, I haven�t heard back to that either.

At this point I did not know what else to do. So I contacted Hero Arts. They forwarded my e-mails to her and then forwarded her reply to me. Which was; �Hello, I have checked and double checked and did not receive an order from this person. I will contact them and let them know that they might have us confused with someone else. If they did place an order with us we did not receive it.� !!! Can you believe this? What a nerve. This is an utter lie and I sent them the order confirmation and my PayPal receipt. That was of course the last I heard from them. Now I don�t want the stamps any more, I will get them elsewhere, I just want my money back.

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. No one should have to go through this. Even if you have shopped here and had a decent experience before, there is no guarantee that this won't happen to you. Now I see that the site stampdesires.com is down, but I have reason to believe she is serving under �www . stampssnappy . com / about . html�[/url] (The company which shows in my PayPal receipt was also this). This is all I have to say. BEWARE.

P.S. I am sincerely sorry if she lost her husband, and understand that she could not deal with business in such a time but I do NOT understand refusing contact, ignoring customers, denying already confirmed orders and not refunding undelivered orders.

P.P.S. Carol, if you are reading this, please refund my money.

Thank you if you have read so far.

Best,
Ezgi Platin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Shame on Stamp Desires .... and Carol Campbell. There is no excuse for running a business this way ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2010, 06:37 AM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

Default DO NOT BUY FROM STAMP DESIRES or Stamps Snappy - THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY TOO

Hi, I also just registered on this forum to reply and warn potential people who would ever buy from Carol Campbell.

I also ordered from Stamp Desires on the basis that they had free international shipping for orders of USD300+. I ordered the stamps on 2 February 2010 and received my order on 22 March 2010. Only part of my order was sent and the other parts of the order were not in stock. The invoice said that she would refund my money ~US60. I did not receive the refund and emailed [email protected] to get it but my email was returned. Then I tried to go onto the stamp desires website and it has been taken offline.

I found this forum by doing a search for stamp desires to see if I could get any other form of contact details for stamp desires.

Just like cipiro, I just want my money back. This experience has really put me off internet shopping.

Carol - please give me my money back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #21  
Glitter Queen

I am so sorry to hear about all of the problems you are having. I haven't ordered from Carol for a while, but when I did, I had NO problems at all. That doesn't say that things change. Obviously, they do. Carol was a very good person to deal with. Sorry to hear things have gone South for her.
Reply With Quote Likes