Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, if you look at the profile, she is online and replying to this thread as we speak...

BLINGO
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #42  
Hardware Hotshot

:grin: - beat me to it.

BLINGO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 PM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Lesa, did I come across as not nice?? Oh my, that is why I sometimes do not like talking on a computer because that certainly was not my intention. Sorry if it was taken that way!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:13 PM   #44  
blueflower�

stamping_jen I didn't think you sounded rude at all! this thread has taken so many wild turns! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:19 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks blueflower, I certainly wasn't meaning to be rude! I mainly trying to answer the op's orginal question and say that I am certainly not tired of SU! I am not a demo but I have been blown away by their customer service. Let me give one example (and there have been several). I ordered a background stamp from another company and it came no where near covering the card even though the dimensions were suppose to be the same as SU!'s backgrounds. I called and told them and they basically said too bad, we said approxiametly. My SU! canvas background was too small as were many others and they were so nice about it and offered to replace everyone's background rubber. I didn't even contact them, my demo told me about it and got me a new one. I just love SU! so much and I love it here at scs so much. Sometimes life can be difficult and I just want Lisa and everyone else to know what an awesome and uplifting place this is. I assumed she was new so I wanted her to know that if she is frustrated right now with SU! than she can come here and really enjoy this place as stress relief.
Happy Stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

SU! has every right to not be interested in your product. I just don't see that as a reason to be 'fed up' with them. There are lots of programs out there for demos to use to organize their business, and those of us that want them, find them on our own.

If you are having such sucess at selling these CD's on your own, why bother getting backing from SU!?

As far as SU! saying that they have banned you from any future SU! events, I guess I would like to say there are always 2 sides to every story and we are only getting your side of this story.

There is a demo only portio to SCS, perhaps that is where is thread belongs.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

To answer the original question, no, I'm not fed up with SU!. I am a customer and I cannot ever see a time that I will be fed up, I love it.
Now if it were my "job" I could see getting fed up every now and then but you should never bite the hand that feeds you, KWIM?

P.S.

These SCS'ers dont play! ;)
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #48  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Sorry to go off subject for a sec but, Mandy, I am so jealous of your stamping room!!!
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #49  
Die Cut Diva

Received 483 Likes on 171 Posts
Default WWJD...

Quite an odd and interesting thread. One that actually I am surprised anyone is even giving any attention to - hmmm, yet here I am reading to the end and replying. But only to say, sheesh, I've got better things to do than get all twisted up over this.

WWJD......(sign-on name of OP) well, I certainly know what HE wouldn't be doing and that is to be stirring up a brew-ha-ha like this. This reads better than a Days of Our Lives script.

We are all one child spinning through Mother Sky. (Shawnee proverb)

My little blog: http://mypaperantics.blogspot.com/

My Webshots albums:http://community.webshots.com/user/stampinusa[/url]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:54 PM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwjdstamper

They have suggested to me in the last few months, to find out how many are interested in this program. I have posted it on the discuss, and they refuse to post it. I've asked them if they'd even do a survey, and no response. So I finally asked them if they'd do a booth of some kind at a regional to do a poll to see how many are interested.

Lisa
Sound like SU wants you to do your own market research before they are interested. Good business sense on SU's part. You said you posted it on the discuss (which is a SU run area). I can see why they would refuse to post it. You would be doing your market research on their dime. Same goes for them doing a survey. As a business person with a product you want them to sell, it's up to you to fund your own market research. That's the cost of your doing business - it's not up to SU to provide you the means of doing that research or providing a spot at Regionals to sell your product. Most companies want you to do all the leg work and market research first on your own. Once you have credible data, then they might take a look to see if they're interested, but not until then, and only if it's presented in a professional manner to the correct department. I don't believe that DS would be the correct department to handle this type of request, and certainly not over the phone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 12:59 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

The cd is an inventory program to help demos in keeping track of all their products and supplies. It also has forms on it to help the orders, and add it all up for them.
Sounds like Stampers Sidekick... I don't think Stampers Sidekick is endorsed by SU either. Anyone know for sure???

Quote:

And no I did not start up SCS just to post this. I signed up for SCS a few years ago, and have posted many different posts. This is the first one that I have posted, regarding this type of item. Lisa
Total of 4 prior to this thread.

In fairness to SU something of this nature should be addressed directly with them. Everyone needs a vent periodically but, as others have said, this seems to fit more on the demo side... No company and its representatives like their supposed dirty laundry aired to the general public. Lisa, if you've had a 5-year relationship with SU there has to be more to the story than is being told here for them to "ban" you seemingly without just cause. To answer the original question, "Are you fed up??" Absolutely not, and I daresay 99+% of all demos feel SU is a very fair and reasonable company and that this sounds like a very isolated occurrence.

You say you aren't interested in the money, rather to assist demos. There's a bunch of us on here, so buy some advertising space here and it is likely to reach most of the Stampin Up demos around the world. Even the ones who aren't on here probably have an upline/downline exposed here that could share the info with them. Good luck with your product. It sounds like you have alot of time and effort into creating it so push the positive of your product and find alternate ways to "get it out there" rather than presenting an alleged negative event related to it. (I say alleged because we have not heard SU's side of this story.)

You say SU needs to "stop using us for just the money." SU pressured NONE of us sign up, there's the 3-day cancellation period, and there are NO penalties for letting your demonstratorship terminate. These are not signs of a company who is using anyone. They make it very easy to drop if it's not what a demo feels it should be. I prefer to look at it as a company that makes it easy for hobbyist, like myself, to support their habit, while also providing an avenue for others who LOVE the products and want to make money doing what they love. They even allow you to sign back up after 6 months if you change your mind and want to jump back on the SU wagon. IMO, they are a great company. :mrgreen:

Anxiously awaiting your advertising banner at the top of the SCS site soon. Here's the link to get started with advertising here: https://adwords.google.com/select/On...27&hl=en&gl=US
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Bottom line.....this belongs on the demo side. Period.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #53  
Gallery Gazer

Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by istampustamp
. This reads better than a Days of Our Lives script.
LOL, lately, Dr Seuss reads better than a Days script.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #54  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUSIKEL
Sounds like Stampers Sidekick... I don't think Stampers Sidekick is endorsed by SU either. Anyone know for sure???
SU! has no problem with Stamper's Sidekick because the software contains NO product listing whatsoever. Tony has been in contact with SU! ... and while we don't have a letter or anything that states that SS is endorsed by SU! ... SU! has had no problems whatsoever with the software.

(Distributing a product list for sale is what is violating copyright laws ... having a software that allows you to track inventory, workshops, projects, etc. is a-okay! And since Stamper's Sidekick does not come with a copywritten product list, all is well in Stamper's Sidekick land.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #55  
Kookie Creator

Ok, I am not an SU demo but I am involved in software development (project manager of software development team). I completely understand why SU would not grant you space at an event.

They cannot be seen to endorse your product which they have no experience with. They do not know whether it is useful, well coded or full of bugs. Any product promoted at their event would be seen to be associated with them (regardless of whether it was or not) and would most likely be purchased by 1000s of demos. What would happen if it was discovered after the fact that the program had a flaw in it? SU would receive the complaints and possibly even be the subject of legal action should any losses occur.

Alternatively, how do we know that they aren't planning to produce software of their own? Maybe they think that you could be in competition with them? Obviously they wouldn't give you space to promote a competitive product in that case.

Now as to their treatment of you banning you from further events. I believe there is something left unsaid here. These events events are open to all demos (I believe) and to ban a single individual for no other reason that stated in the OP it would amount to discrimination even if it is a private company. However, if comments were made indicating that you would continue to pursue this venture at their event they would have perfect grounds for banning you.

I think we all need more information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
Sorry to go off subject for a sec but, Mandy, I am so jealous of your stamping room!!!
Hey thanks! It was a labor of love and I am so happy with the way it turned out! Still need to do some decorative finishing touches...but it's getting there!

I'd say come on over and we could stamp all night...but it looks like that would be a road trip for you! But hey, road trips are fun!!:mrgreen: ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Last week, I spoke to Demo support, about letting other demos know about an inventory program that I have created. I mentioned that I would love to see if they would place like a booth or flyer at the regionals, to see how many demos are really interested in having SU have a program available to us.

They said absolutely not. They have protocol for events, and don't change anything about any of them. Then they started asking me if I would do that. I said I thought it was an idea they should consider, but they wouldn't.

I asked them about if I could possibly talk to others or tell others about the cd, and of course, absolutely not. I then receive an email saying I am banned from any further events! I call them up this morning, and she now states that I cannot even talk to other demos, email other demos, etc about this cd.

Lisa

Lisa,

I do not think "Demonstrator Support" and talking to a vague person that answers the phone constitutes talking to SU. I suggest you formulate a business letter formally requesting what you would like to propose. A formal letter to marketing and even Shelley if you think it warrants something she may be interested in. A business proposal is NOT what DS is for, and I suggest you follow a proper business channel if you are indeed seriously interested in doing business with SU. Just a suggestion from a business point of view.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by seewah
we don't have a letter or anything that states that SS is endorsed by SU! ... SU! has had no problems whatsoever with the software.
Thanks for clarifying there is no official endorsement, Sarah.

Lisa, it appears Sidekick is a good example of being able to have a viable software within the legal guidelines of a company, and still be able to market and sell it without their "official" endorsement. Though it may seem you've been ganged up on, you've also received some good points to possibly help you solidify your product and assure it's within SU's guidelines. Find the good points, make note of them, and again, good luck with your venture.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Locked away in my stamp room making presents for my DDSS... Shhhh don't tell her

I really wish that as a demo, you would have taken your post to the demo side leaving the customers out of any difficulties we as demo's may have with SUP directly.

I wish you luck with your future endevors. May I suggest that you resolve this issue diplomatically and professionally with StampinUp directly not through our (all of us SUP demo's) customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #60  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Moore0626
I really wish that as a demo, you would have taken your post to the demo side leaving the customers out of any difficulties we as demo's may have with SUP directly.

Personally, as a customer, I want to know what's going on behind the scenes. I hate being part of a "family" where the adults discuss things amongst themselves only. It makes me feel like I'm not a true member of the "family". I would think that most customers on here are smart enough to look at all the information and form our own opinions about different companies. I just don't wish to be treated as a "child", so to speak. So, thanks to the OP for starting this thread so that I may form my own opinions.

Respectfully,
Christine

Logging in each and every day to be inspired by SCS'ers everywhere!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry if my above post came across as a bit snippy. It really wasn't meant to be. :cool: It was just my honest opinion and I also wanted to say that there's obviously more to the story than meets the eye and therefore my opinion of SU remains unchanged from this thread. But it's still nice to be treated like one of the "adults", you know. ;)

Logging in each and every day to be inspired by SCS'ers everywhere!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 04:18 PM   #62  
Insane Embellisher

As a customer, I have not been offended by this nor has my opinion changed about SU. I think the OP was frustrated and felt like they could "vent" on here like a lot of people do about various things. I think that the OP probably should have been a little more tactful about it and provided more info from the beginning so that it didn't get out of control like it did. I still love SU even if one CSR treated the OP poorly. That one CSR doesn't make the entire company bad, if that were true there wouldn't be very many successful companies out there!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #63  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Smile Good advice for all of us...

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigfingers
Lisa,

I do not think "Demonstrator Support" and talking to a vague person that answers the phone constitutes talking to SU. I suggest you formulate a business letter formally requesting what you would like to propose. A formal letter to marketing and even Shelley if you think it warrants something she may be interested in. A business proposal is NOT what DS is for, and I suggest you follow a proper business channel if you are indeed seriously interested in doing business with SU. Just a suggestion from a business point of view.
My thoughts exactly. The Marketing and Development Department is the proper contact. I am not an SU Demo, but having worked with other businesses from various points of interest over the years, I can assure all of you that you MUST make your proposal in writing and it MUST be sent to the proper department.
By the way, having seen some really garbled letters come across my desk at the non-profit I worked for, it is wise to ask a friend to edit your writing before you put it in the mail.
Remember also that "No" is also an answer. SU or any company is not required to accept our proposals. I too often have had people try to convince me to change my answer on the premise that no one should be turned down. Even God has several answers when we ask for something -- "Yes" -- "No" -- "Wait Awhile" -- and "Do you have any idea what you just asked Me?"
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #64  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketgirl96
Personally, as a customer, I want to know what's going on behind the scenes. I hate being part of a "family" where the adults discuss things amongst themselves only. It makes me feel like I'm not a true member of the "family". I would think that most customers on here are smart enough to look at all the information and form our own opinions about different companies. I just don't wish to be treated as a "child", so to speak. So, thanks to the OP for starting this thread so that I may form my own opinions.

Respectfully,
Christine
In the case of this thread, it doesn't appear to be a problem with SU's products or even policies concerning their general demo force. It appears to be a beef from one isolated demo about a product they want to sell and is mad that SU won't help her sell them. If I was strictly a customer, I probably wouldn't even have read the thread or would have seen the OP which was very difficult to follow and appears that a lot of information is missing. I wouldn't have wasted my time. As a demo, I read it to see if the demo had something going on that would effect me as a demo. As it is, it sounds like she didn't fully do her homework or wants SU to do it for her. It's an isolated problem with her and SU and not SU's demo force in general.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #65  
Matboard Maniac

Interesting reading...I am more confused trying to figure out why the number of posts someone has, has anything at all to do with what they are attempting to discuss/vent, etc. I didn't realize that the number of posts indicated anything significant at all other than some people have more time to be on the computer than others, have been members to this site for longer, or just enjoy chatting on line. What difference does it make. She was only airing some feelings on something that was bothering her. Guess I don't understand any of this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #66  
Mad Swapper

Just a quick note to Kelster.....the number of posts only matters when someone registers - posts an inflammatory post or starts a thread to cause trouble and then disappears.
There have been instances here where this has happened and the posters are known as "trolls".
That's the only time I think it is interesting to note the number of posts.
SCS member #549
My Gallery
"Let your little light shine...."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #67  
Cardstock Collector

Red face reply to posts

I did not post to look for trouble. I know that many of you demos are mad I posted it here. But as many of the customers agree here, that I posted here so that they are also aware of what happens behind the scenes.

Not everything is perfect with SU and I understand that. As do all of our customers. Not every company is perfect.

I just expect to be treated with respect from the company I work for or with. I don't feel any of the people I spoke with treated me with respect except the one I spoke with late yesterday afternoon. She told me that they have decided to let me choose if I want to go. They said if I want to go, to email them with that verification. I'm still not sure yet, I've been thinking and praying, and hoping to come up with an answer soon.

I thank you all for your replies. Yes, even those who are mad, frustrated, etc.

I'm not mad at SU for not purchasing my product. I just wish that they would consider it or at least let me know they don't want it... All I received in reply is that they received my emails and it was passed on to the correct area. In two years, they still have not responded in some way, though they said they would.

Hearing from all of you with your opinions on this fact, is helping me decide what I should truly do, if this is really still the company for me. Thank you.

Lisa :smile:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #68  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just a different angle here:

When you have a product that you feel is great and would help a lot of demonstrators, maybe you could put a very professional presentation together and pitch it to TAC, CTMH, Creative Memories, Leaving Prints and any other papercrafts home party planning business.

There is a wonderful speaker by the name of Belinda Ellsworth. She is a keynote speaker. She says that as soon as you pitch something to someone, don't wait for a yes, move on to the next person or business and offer it to them. You will be so busy and focused on moving forward that if you get a no, you are already excited and moving on and it won't get you down as easily.

Maybe SU isn't interested. Okay. Maybe someone else will be. Many of our everyday products were passed up by one company and picked up by another. Many of those original companies are kicking themselves today for not taking the shot.

So, don't be too upset. That's just business. Every no is one closer to the yes you will eventually get.
Good luck.
Gina K.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #69  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
Just a different angle here:

When you have a product that you feel is great and would help a lot of demonstrators, maybe you could put a very professional presentation together and pitch it to TAC, CTMH, Creative Memories, Leaving Prints and any other papercrafts home party planning business.

There is a wonderful speaker by the name of Belinda Ellsworth. She is a keynote speaker. She says that as soon as you pitch something to someone, don't wait for a yes, move on to the next person or business and offer it to them. You will be so busy and focused on moving forward that if you get a no, you are already excited and moving on and it won't get you down as easily.

Maybe SU isn't interested. Okay. Maybe someone else will be. Many of our everyday products were passed up by one company and picked up by another. Many of those original companies are kicking themselves today for not taking the shot.

So, don't be too upset. That's just business. Every no is one closer to the yes you will eventually get.
Good luck.
Gina K.
Gina,
I don't think you could have said it any better! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 04:15 PM   #70  
Polyshrink Goddess

Lisa,
I'm confused.
First let me say that the tone I intend in this message is not accusatory. All you get online is words and not the tone and it can be misunderstood.
I am misunderstanding what exactly happened with you and SU!.
From your first post I thought you pitched the idea of the program and SU! said no and then you asked if you could talk to other demos at the events about it (without a booth) and they said no and that you weren't invited to attend the events. I thought this upset you.
Then with your latest post it seems that you were upset because they took 2 years to respond to your request and that they didn't treat you with respect. Then you went on to say that you weren't mad that they wouldn't purchase it but you were mad that they didn't consider it or at least let you know that they didn't want it.
This confuses me. How do you know they don't want it then? If they don't want it then they must have considered it and let you know or you wouldn't have an answer.
I think the biggest issues with the post is the confusion over exactly what happened. This has obviously led to misunderstanding and has caused everyone to try to figure out what happened (either accurately or not) and decide how to respond.
Maybe you could explain better. Here is what I understand:
You've been a demo for 5 years.
You created a CD 3 years ago and sold 500+ with a profit margin of 50cents.
You asked SU! 2 years ago to considered this CD and then there is a blur (for me).
Then recently SU! was disrespectful to you and told you (after you asked) that you could not set up a booth at their conventions and when you asked about approaching the participants about it (without a booth) they said you couldn't attend events anymore and asked you not to talk to demos about this.
Then I saw that you sold 200+ CDs.
This is all I understand. Can you explain better? Thanks!
Rachel

www.rachelhamilton.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #71  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

I'm not mad at SU for not purchasing my product. I just wish that they would consider it or at least let me know they don't want it... All I received in reply is that they received my emails and it was passed on to the correct area. In two years, they still have not responded in some way, though they said they would.

Hearing from all of you with your opinions on this fact, is helping me decide what I should truly do, if this is really still the company for me. Thank you.

Lisa :smile:
But this is the reply you always get to emails. Emails don't carry the weight of a letter, properly formatted and addressed to the person you know is in charge of what you propose to do. If you don't know who to contact at SU! to discuss this with, they probably will not take you seriously.

I think your problem is that you went about it the wrong way. And that's not saying you are wrong...just not knowledgeable about how these things work. The way to get a big company like SU! to endorse something you created is as was stated before: prepare a professional presentation, do market research to show the demand for the product you are producing and include that, carefully research who in the corporation you should be talking to, send a letter outlining your basic proposal, and then schedule an appointment with that person at the corporate offices to present the idea.

Instead, you've sent emails and made phone calls to the phone number that is available to the general public. I don't think that they took them seriously...how many emails or phone calls like yours must they get every week? Probably many. Big companies don't communicate with prospective suppliers in this way, the paper trail is still the big thing...you have to give them something more to look at than your assurances in a piece of electronic mail.

As far as what you've proposed to do: pitch the idea through Stampin' Discuss and at Regionals...nobody sells anything at Regionals. I've never seen a booth of any kind at one. And you aren't allowed to sell anything on Stampin' Discuss...they only allow trading. Not knowing how you worded the idea of setting up a booth and then telling them that you would sell them anyway if you couldn't get a booth...I can see why they might get a little upset with you if you basically just said, "I'm gonna do it if you like it or not."

There are lots of books in the bookstores that can help you learn how to pitch proposals like this; a little research on your part could probably help you achieve greater success with your product. Good luck! .

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #72  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
Don't take offense....

But if you told them it was a system to inventory specifically SU sets and items I can understand why they would get thier hackles raised - they hold copyrights on SU names and products...to design a system for your own use is one thing - to try and market it to others without permission or proper proticols is a totally other thing
I'm afraid I agree with Jenmouer. I think they are upset because you didn't get permission BEFORE you made the cd. Had you done so, things might be different.

Don't get me wrong, I think a program as such would be great, however, I can see SU's point of view.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #73  
Cardstock Collector

Smile reply to some more questions

Ariel you were following me pretty much correctly.

1. I started almost 5 years ago.
2. I created the cd 3 years ago (or around, not exactly sure on exact time frame).
3. 2 years ago approximately - I sent the idea to Stampin' Up! and yes I do know that they get many ideas, each day, but they send them to the area in SU that takes care of those ideas. I have sent many other ideas, and always get some response, whether their interested or not. In this case, I received none - in 2 years. And I've sent probably around 15 emails, and made about 6 or 7 calls regarding it alone.
4. Last week I called, and asked them about getting the word out more, so other demos that are in need of the program can find out about it. They suggested a poll, so I tried that, and it was shot down. I suggested they even place a survey about programs that demonstrators are interested in. - which I also suggested around 6 months ago too. In which case none has ever come up. We have a survey part on the site that had a new one each month. (When was the last time one was on there?)
5. After speaking to them about a booth, flyers, notices, speaking to other demos, they denied my registration. No I did not say "I'm going to do it no matter what". I made suggestions, they refused, and cancelled the registration.
6. I have sold an approximate total of 500 cd's since I started. Including the 200+ since July 1, 2006.

I have sold these on Stampin' Success. I stated I had an inventory cd, if they wanted information I told them to email me. I also put it on my websites. That's how I sold most of them. The rest I sold by word of mouth from those demos that purchased it already.

I even get preorders come close to the new catalog. Or even for the updates in January.

If they had a problem with my selling it, they would have told me in the last 2 years. I told them up front what I was selling, they asked what was on it. No problems at all. They encouraged me to continue to sell it, because of Stampin' Up! not getting back to me, about it. At least someone is providing it for demos, that is reasonably priced.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 06:40 PM   #74  
Die Cut Diva

WWJDstamper...
I have avoided posting on this for so many reasons... I too am a demo. I love the idea of an inventory CD... although it appears you are contradicting yourself...
How did you sell on " stampin success " as you said as that is a demo magazine with info on upcoming events, sales, promotions, new merchandise, project ideas, merchandise previews etc.. Or am I wrong and there is another Stampin ' Success out there I am unaware of.
You stated earlier that you do not use Stampin Up items on the disc, because of copy right laws, yet demo's are requesting updates for the new catty? That would appear to me that you are using it for Stampin Up merchandise on the disc... I could be wrong but that is how it appears, in that case it could be copy right infringement and mean $1000's of dollars in fines ( sorry that is the paralegal major in me speaking ).
Then you ask to sell a product at a SU ! function in which no booths are set up, and they tell you no, then you ask if you can sell anyways ?

My suggestion is stop with the emails to them and teh phone calls to the general line. YOU ARE NOT GETTING TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE
there has to be a business or marketing line that you can call them on, find out what their requirements are for " new suppliers" or " new product", talk to someone that would matter, get the correct information, put a portfolio and presentation together so you have something concrete in your hands - OTHER THAN YOUR PRODUCT.. they are going to want to SEE what you are offering, your sales, your polls, your ideas, how you did the program etc. Make sure your idea is patented or patent pending so no one else can " steal it" it is your idea, your program.
As of right now all you have managed to do is talk to somebody sitting in a big room filled with other somebody's that talk on the phone all day, and email a group of people that look at stuff all day... You have not spoken to a specific person that can help with your specific situation. The people that distribute Stazon do not call the customer service line, the people that make our ribbon do not call or email the customer service lines. Find out who the real person is you need to speak with, go through the line of command. Shelley doesnt know everyone that calls or emails, or see half the stuff that comes through there. She probably doesnt even know that you have been tryign for two years, if at all.
My suggestion is put a presentation together, if you are not happy send it else where and leave stampin up... someone may buy your idea and love it...
you just need to go through the proper channels to get there,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

WOW!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #76  
Die Cut Diva

PS... i do not mean that to sound mean - please dont take it that way if it does .... the caps in there are not yelling they are for emphasis, trying to be informative...
I mean it though if it is yours and you dont have SU! products listed in the program get a patent if you dont have one already.. this will help protect your idea for so many years ( i dont remember the exact number )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #77  
Die Cut Diva

OK,

I wasn't posting either because I think it's petty to be on here complaining about SU over this, I did not do spell check and my fingers can't keep up with my mind.

I'm a little unclear:

Why do we need an inventory CD, we aren't supposed to carry an inventory? Is it to inventory items I have for my personal use? I can do a quick spreadsheet in excel.

Quote:

They said absolutely not. They have protocol for events, and don't change anything about any of them. Then they started asking me if I would do that. I said I thought it was an idea they should consider, but they wouldn't.

I asked them about if I could possibly talk to others or tell others about the cd, and of course, absolutely not. I then receive an email saying I am banned from any further events! I call them up this morning, and she now states that I cannot even talk to other demos, email other demos, etc about this cd.
Seems to me that SU got the impression (correctly or incorrectly, I don't know) that even though they were not going to let you promote this at one of their events, you were going to anyway. THAT'S why you were banned.

Quote:

I am not doing this for the money, I am doing it to help other demos.
So why not submit it to SU and they can put it in with all the other items we can print? Proper credit is given to creators of outlines and templates posted there, if I'm not mistaken.

First you say your post were not permitted on Stampin Success and then you say you sold some CD's on there?

Quote:

If they had a problem with my selling it, they would have told me in the last 2 years.
Ok, perhaps they DON'T have a problem with you selling it. Does that mean they have to promote it? Recommend it? Endorse it?

So, you're basically mad that SU is not allowing you to come to their event, to promote your item? That they are not helping you make money or their copyrighted material?

You think customers have a right to know what goes on behind the scenes? LOL Do I need to know that the guy that works in the gap store in the mall can never find a paper cup next to the water machine? Nobody ever refills it? No, you're trying to advertise without advertising and embarrass SU into looking at your project.

Seriously, I get IRRITATED every time I come here and this thing is at the top AGAIN with your latest defense of why posting on here was not meant to stir anything up and why it's all SU's fault. Perhaps, and I do mean this sincerely and not snarky AT ALL, if you spent half as much time, and poured half as much passion into a well written proposal to SU as you have complaining on here, you might get somewhere.

I've got a husband, a bunch of kids and a family full of wacky Irishmen if I need drama, I don't have to come here for it.

WWJD? NOT this....

NOW CAN WE ALL GO STAMP SOMETHING PRETTY?????!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #78  
blueflower�

Lisa,
Just to let you know, I think you're handling THIS situation very well. While you could be coming back on here getting rude because of some of these posts, I think you have been very polite and informative. I wanted to say it's nice to see! And there are MY two cents! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #79  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
I agree. And to answer your question. No, I am not fed up with SU. I think they are an excellent company and I have had the opportunity to work with them while I served on the Advisory Board. They will do what is in their best interest and I would suggest taking this up with them instead of airing it on a public discussion board.

Robyn

DITTO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-07-2006, 04:28 AM   #80  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueflower�
Lisa,
Just to let you know, I think you're handling THIS situation very well. While you could be coming back on here getting rude because of some of these posts, I think you have been very polite and informative. I wanted to say it's nice to see! And there are MY two cents! lol
I'm with Blueflower on this one.
Reply With Quote Likes