Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been COMPLETELY away from stamping i need help!!!

Hi there ladies,
due to a divorce, then family issues i went totaly away from all types of crafting, i went away from stamping as well totaly ignored the entire industry. i had been a SU demo for 5 yrs and tryed to not even be in contact with anyone in SU. at times this was very very hard when i would see a magizine that held a SU advertizemnet. now i am settled into a small 2 bedroom apt and need to rearrange everything i had in storage for years and am unpacking. i need help trying to rearrange and reorgainze all the stuff i had moved from a 20x45 craft room to a extremely small second bedroom. and to boot i wnat to know what all is new to the stamping industry in the last 5 yrs. any new crafty things? or fun stuff the companys came out with? i do already have a accucut die cut machine with way tooooo many die cuts that is sitting here collecting dust and want to get started again creating cards and templates to rak with as well as other fun stuff. but.. big but here i went from a large budget to a very very small one now so i need to start small and save for big things. thanks for any input you may have... Teri

.p.s. if there are any northern michgian stamp group or clubs or single stampers please email me.. thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 03:32 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, first let me say welcome back! It sounds like a rough patch, but I'm glad you are able to enjoy stamping again. I suggest browsing the galleries here and checking out some blogs.

You'll see die cuts galore, dry embossing with die cut machines, lots of embellishments, doodle type designs, beautiful patterned papers, unmounted stamps, stamps on ez foam, internet sites galore, lots of layers, one layer cards with difficult clean designs (I refuse to call them simple!!), stamping on transparencies, and lots of non card items. The creativity and kindness of stampers knows no bounds!!

Welcome back!

ps. I'm not a demo but did you know that there is a $99 join up to be an SU demo special going on now??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 03:49 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

You have come to the right place to get caught up! This is a fantastic site to find out all the new stuff.....It is a dangerous site though...It will certainly give you the wants!!!
Welcome back and yes, SU is having a special right now on joining and they are also having a special if you buy 50 dollars worth you get a free stamp set or scrapbooking set.......
Glad things are starting to go better for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi - just want to say that Operation:Quiet Comfort is based in LaSalle Michigan, PO Box 263, LaSalle MI 48145 or operationquietcomfort.com

We are always looking for thinking of you or get well soon cards for our wounded troops. So if you find that stamping group, maybe you'll think of our organization when you start stamping.

Diane in NC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 04:21 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Welcome back. I also was going to suggest checking out the gallery and the blogs. There are some very talented people here.

Where in Northern MI are you? I'm in SE MI but we have a cabin in St. Helen, near Houghton Lake area. There is a lady in St. Helen that has a big SU group and does lots of workshops and stamp camps. If you want her name just PM me.

"Time and trouble may tame a wild, young woman. But a wild, OLD woman is uncontrollable by any force". - Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 04:33 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

OMG I read your post and thought I could have written that! I can sooooo relate to your situation! I have also been separated from my craft and stamping supplies for over 2 years due to divorce. I had the large craft room and am now finally trying to get settled into a 6 x 4 spot in a dining room. (Only so I can move again in 3 months. Sigh.) I have some of my supplies here in IL and the rest are in boxes in Washington state. Instead of Stampin Up, I was with Dream Impressions.

A couple of things I found to help organize are:
1. I've put all my unmounted stamps in 3 ring binders that I keep right by my desk.
2. Using a little handled caddy to keep "essentials", i.e., glue, bone folder, black dye ink, stipple brush handy.
3. I use a photo box to store a bunch of 8.5 x 11 cardstock that I've cut in half and have ready for cards or card fronts.
4. Keeping ink pads in the Zag toolboxes makes them easy to move around and I can prop them up on my desk as a holder when I'm working.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 04:43 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome back to stamping ladies. Have fun looking at all the new stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking Friend from the past

TERI..................Welcome back. Remember me?? lol

I met Stacy Julian at Silverwood theme park on 8/7/08. She is AWESOME!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 05:06 AM   #9  
Watercolor Wizard

Teri,
I noticed you said HAD BEEN a demo, so I wanted to pass info to you. SU has a special demo signup during JAN/FEB for previous demo's wanting back in and for the stamper who has it all already who wants to be a demo. The special is $99.00.

Glad you are getting back into the swing of things!
Arlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 05:43 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

If you go near the top of the screen and click on the words "Stamping Stuff" and then scroll down until you see the words "Tool and Product Talk" you will see many threads there that give a good indication of the "latest and greatest" in the stamping and papercrafting world. HTH!

Acutally, here is a direct link, too!
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #11  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

Welcome back to the world of stamping!! There are always new things, but the basics are still the best!! Browse the gallery and see what catches your eye.

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to say welcome from SW Michigan! There's so many enabelers on this site - beware! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes