Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bermuda Bay Ink Problem - I'm mad.

My demo informed me that SU will not take BackOrders on the Bermuda Bay ink pads and the reinkers. No problem waiting until they get the color problem worked out but what I don't like is having to place a new order and pay new shipping charges. For something that is a corporate problem they should not make the customers pay extra. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I'd think your demo would try to include the ink/refill on future order, in which case your s/h should still be no more than 10%. That's my plan.

I think there would be more complaints if SU! held b/o's with payments already made.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What is wrong with the Bermuda Bay Ink? this is the first i have heard.

smallcity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

SU is saying that the color match to the paper and ribbon is not right. They are working on the problem. But in the meantime the site will not let you order the pad or the reinker which means a future order will have to be placed with the customer paying shipping charges. Most companies will back order items and charge your card when the item ships. My point is why can't SU? I don't want to pay the extra charges. I don't mind waiting until the ink is correct.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to jeannie barron

So, the ink we have is bad?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Does anyone know if the marker ink is the correct color?
Member #1237
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Yes, Marker is good!! Problems with just the ink pad and refills.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to jeannie barron

What do you do if you already have the Bermuda Bay ink pads and the reinkers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannie barronView Post
What do you do if you already have the Bermuda Bay ink pads and the reinkers?
Stampin' Up! will be replacing them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo are my favorites of the new colors! I'm holding off ordering anything until they get the pads and reinkers in again. I'm sure it will be fixed quickly, there's got to be a huge demand. Bummer for those who have ordered and have to all over again though. :( Have they had color problems before?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I can understand them not wanting to offer backorder on those items because they don't have an idea when the problem will be resolved. For them to absorb all of the shipping charges to ship a single inkpad or reinker, it's just not reasonable.

I'm not a demo, but I can understand their decision on this one. Btw, I was disappointed, too! That's the color that I really wanted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I would contact both SU about this issue and talk with your demo. I know the demo I work with would not have a problem doing just the normal (add on) s/h. It would come with one of her orders, no biggy.

Sorry this is such a headache and SU should have something set up to deal with this issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Never mind, misread.

Last edited by cherryonion; 07-02-2009 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcityView Post
What is wrong with the Bermuda Bay Ink? this is the first i have heard.

smallcity
It is something to do with the way the colors were mixed I believe. The colors will separate and settle out to either a darker green or a light blue. They caught this problem shortly after the preorder so only demonstrators have the incorrect pads and refills. The markers are fine.

As to the OP I would talk to your demo and voice your concerns to her. I'm sure she could add on to another order as soon as they are available so you don't have to pay the higher shipping charge.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up Bermuda Bay - confused

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKIView Post
My demo informed me that SU will not take BackOrders on the Bermuda Bay ink pads and the reinkers. No problem waiting until they get the color problem worked out but what I don't like is having to place a new order and pay new shipping charges. For something that is a corporate problem they should not make the customers pay extra. What do you think?
I'm a SU demonstrator and you've got it all wrong. I'm curious first about how you were able to purchase this ink, if you have, because it was only available to demonstrators before July 1, 2009. For those of us that did receive the defective merchandise, SU has not communicated clearly, as far as what I've read and understood, exactly how they are handling this. SU is a very superior company and runs their business magnificently. Before getting mad, let's just wait to see what will happen and when. I place my bets on SU doing their business "correctly" and resending the ink pads and refills to those who have already purchased, at no cost, product or shipping. I'm sure we'll have all the details in a very short amount of time.
KathyRN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyRNView Post
I'm a SU demonstrator and you've got it all wrong. I'm curious first about how you were able to purchase this ink, if you have, because it was only available to demonstrators before July 1, 2009. For those of us that did receive the defective merchandise, SU has not communicated clearly, as far as what I've read and understood, exactly how they are handling this. SU is a very superior company and runs their business magnificently. Before getting mad, let's just wait to see what will happen and when. I place my bets on SU doing their business "correctly" and resending the ink pads and refills to those who have already purchased, at no cost, product or shipping. I'm sure we'll have all the details in a very short amount of time.
KathyRN
Actually I think you are the one who is confused. There are a couple of confusing things in the thread but the OP does not have the In Colors yet. Her complaint is that she can't order it right now and just have it sit in backorder status. The product is unavalible so that means if she orders now she will have to place a second smaller order later which would have the $6.95 minimum shipping instead of just 10%. Jeanne? I think who posted later in the thread apparantly is a demo who doesn't read the updates from SU and was not aware of the problem. The demonstrators who have the defective pads & refills will have them replaced when they are ready and then everyone else will be able to order them too. The OP just needs to work it out with her demo who should be more than happy to combine smaller orders later or cover the extra shipping herself.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2009, 01:29 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIKIView Post
I can understand your dissapointment. It is one of my favorites of the new in colors and I was excited to preorder it. The one thing that confuses me is being upset that you would have to place a new order just to get it. If you were only planning on placing one order for the whole life of the catalog I could understand, but if you are breaking up your wish list, then it would just wait until they had fixed the problem and you could order it. I don't see it as making the customers pay more, just having to delay ordering it. I would rather wait to order it when the problem is fixed instead of ordering it now and giving them my money and then waiting. I do hope that they get this problem fixed soon. I am glad that I ordered the markers so I can still use ink and paper but I look forward to having the pad and refill to do other things with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

I'm not upset about this. I think it's good that SU found out there was a problem before the catty officially came out so that they didn't ship out inks that had problems. And the way I figure it, I've lived without using/needing this color for 5 years (how long I've been stamping), what's another month or so?

But I did ask my demo if she had heard anything from SU about when this blue would be available (she really keeps on top of things on the SU demo side of their website) just so that I could plan when I would place my next order based on that availability. Here is what she wrote to me, "The Bermuda Bay ink & reinker will be unavailable until further notice. We don't know when they'll be shipping out the corrected inks, they'll just do it automatically. We were told not to call or send emails about it.....to just be patient. They're not posting any updates about it either.....I'm guessing they were flooded with calls from irate demos and they had to resort to this".

I understand why they won't take backorders. Considering all the people who would be ordering those, having to keep track of what they "owe" everyone would be a major headache. Then the process and cost of having to ship out thousands of small packages when many of those people who had backorders would probably be placing other orders later anyway and these items could be included.

I don't place just one order a year, so I'm not too worried about having to wait to order the reinker when it is available.

For those that are "irate", I'm just thinking that you can get mad if someone did something to you intentionally, but do you think SU purposely messed up this ink? Of course not. This is not good for their business and they are losing sales because of it. But again, they are doing what they can to correct it. It's not like they make this stuff in crock pots in their offices... they have to wait until the manufacturer can get their production line set up to re-create all this. And think about all the cost that SU has had to put in to all the wrong bottles. They are losing big time on this. So don't be mad at something that was beyond their control.

And don't flame me on this....but if not being able to get blue ink for a couple of months is all you have to be upset about in life, then you must have it pretty good. With so many awful things going on in the world, not having access to blue ink is at the very bottom of my "to be upset about" list. JMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I think we should wait until the pad and reinker are available and see how SU handles it before we get too upset.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 04:02 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220View Post
I'd think your demo would try to include the ink/refill on future order, in which case your s/h should still be no more than 10%. That's my plan.

I think there would be more complaints if SU! held b/o's with payments already made.
Yes, ask your demo if she can add it onto an order she has going in later on when the ink is ready again, then you willl only have to pay the 10% of product amount for shipping. That is what I would offer anyway.

I can't blame SU for not offering b/o, that would be a pure nightmare. Besides I always got stuff on b/o in the regular mail (USPS) so honestly I would much rather have a regular order and have it on UPS delivery so I knew I was going to get it tracking wise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #21  
Hardware Hotshot

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by peebsmamaView Post

For those that are "irate", I'm just thinking that you can get mad if someone did something to you intentionally, but do you think SU purposely messed up this ink? Of course not. This is not good for their business and they are losing sales because of it. But again, they are doing what they can to correct it. It's not like they make this stuff in crock pots in their offices... they have to wait until the manufacturer can get their production line set up to re-create all this. And think about all the cost that SU has had to put in to all the wrong bottles. They are losing big time on this. So don't be mad at something that was beyond their control.

And don't flame me on this....but if not being able to get blue ink for a couple of months is all you have to be upset about in life, then you must have it pretty good. With so many awful things going on in the world, not having access to blue ink is at the very bottom of my "to be upset about" list. JMHO
LOL!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2009, 10:04 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are many companies that do not take backorders on a quality issue product. I work for a well known world wide athletic company and we do not allow backorders either on products that have quality issues. This is done for several reasons.

I am glad SU did this as it shows they recognized and are doing everything they can to fix this issue. And yes SU lost alot of money on the wrong mix of color. They will fix it and we all will then be able to order it.
Reply With Quote Likes