Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2009, 10:17 AM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You ladies got some great deals! We had a neighborhood rummage at the end of May. I had a bunch of SU sets for $5 or buy five get one free. How many did I sell? 0! Not one set! I had one lady offer me .50 for a $30.00 current set...I was pretty insulted! Well, I guess you have to know your audience!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #42  
Glitter Guru

Congrats on your great find. I continue to hit the sales when I can and haven't found any great stamp deals lately but I did but a whole bunch of designer papers at a sale for a couple of dollars. You just never know what you'll find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G&GsMomView Post
I know this thread is a little *old* but I just had to share my best ever find and my recent *really good* find!!

I am a PEZ collector in addition to everything else I like to collect. At a community rummage a woman had a PEZ I had never seen before on her table for 10 cents. WEll, I HAD to have it but I only had a quarter or a nickel. So, instead of making change, she took my nickel and I got a new PEZ. I had it for years before I decided that I wanted to know what it was and maybe what it was worth. It turns out it is an original advertizing PEZ that (for you non-PEZ collectors) is worth about $1500!!!! (if I decide to sell it...)

My recent *really good* find was at another community rummage. A woman was selling some SU, and I got a brand new, unmounted So Very for $2!

Needless to say, I always check out community rummages!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by G&GsMomView Post
I know this thread is a little *old* but I just had to share my best ever find and my recent *really good* find!!

I am a PEZ collector in addition to everything else I like to collect. At a community rummage a woman had a PEZ I had never seen before on her table for 10 cents. WEll, I HAD to have it but I only had a quarter or a nickel. So, instead of making change, she took my nickel and I got a new PEZ. I had it for years before I decided that I wanted to know what it was and maybe what it was worth. It turns out it is an original advertizing PEZ that (for you non-PEZ collectors) is worth about $1500!!!! (if I decide to sell it...)

My recent *really good* find was at another community rummage. A woman was selling some SU, and I got a brand new, unmounted So Very for $2!

Needless to say, I always check out community rummages!!
Wow, fun thread, I enjoyed reading even the old posts (I had a Tutti doll!!!) This past October, I happened upon a sale where there was a plastic drawer unit chock full of Stampin up and other company stamps and supplies, and a heat embossing tool (like SU's, I think by Darice??). All for $10. The stamps needed a reallly good cleaning (looks like they were given to the kids) but there were some gems in there. And the heat gun alone was worth the $10, I had the style that looks like a little hair dryer.

My hubby is good a spotting collectibles at these sales. He got me a large Lenox leaf-shape bowl for $5 (probably worth around $80) and a Lladro figurine, girl with a pig, bisque finish, for $1.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not a garage sale shopper but I just have to ask: Do you find these great deals by being an avid, stop-at-the-all, go-every-week-looking type of garage sale shopper? Or have you gotten lucky with a spontaneous stop at a few homes?

Reading some of your finds, I just have to think maybe it would be worth my while to give it a go!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatView Post
I worry that when I die my husband will give away my stamping stuff for pennies because he doesn't know the worth of my collection... but it's better than telling him what I spend on my addiction
ROFL!! Me, too !!! Well said!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty1021View Post
You ladies got some great deals! We had a neighborhood rummage at the end of May. I had a bunch of SU sets for $5 or buy five get one free. How many did I sell? 0! Not one set! I had one lady offer me .50 for a $30.00 current set...I was pretty insulted! Well, I guess you have to know your audience!
Did you try listing them here in the BST forum? This would be the right audience and at those prices it sounds like they would go fast!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #47  
Kookie Creator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend who was visiting her brother in The Villages in Florida. He talked her into going to a garage sale one Saturday, they saw a house for sale next door to the sale and bought it. We laugh and say she went to a garage sale and bought a house.

----------------------------------------

Doris
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

The best find I ever found wasn't at a garage sale. It was on my way home and someone had put 3 very nice bookcase out for the trash. I stopped and asked if I could have them. Explained to me they had remodel and got build in ones. That these had a little mold on them. I didn't see it, but a wipe down took care of any. He even helped me load them in my grade. Best kind of bargin. They were free.
sam

sam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

I found a $100 crop and style travel storage unit on wheels for $15 @ our local flea market!! I was so excited!! I also did find a couple of retired stamp sets for around $3-5! This was about 2 yrs ago, and I still use them!! The travel unit was like brand new...with only a little glitter in it that my hubby vaccumed out for me!! Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #50  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple of years ago, I stumble on a Garage Sale. and I found some Retired Stampin' Up! stamps and older Catalogs.

4 stamp set's and 2 catalogs for $20.00 I'm always on the look out for Stamping stuff.

And stuff to use in my Stamping room.

I have two computer desk in my stamping room. and 1 of them I got for FREE! and the other 1 I go for $4.00

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #51  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had to share my morning find. I got an ATG gun with 4 rolls of 3M tape for...are you ready....$5. I already have one but got this one for my daughter. I feel like I really scored!
Kathy T
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

I just have to tell you my best garage sale find. I was looking on craigslist, and saw a woman who had posted her stuff online that she was going to have at her sale on friday. i looked through her photos, and saw a BARELY USED SU Dreams and Dragons. I called her, and she sold it to me for $15!!! It goes for so much more on ebay...I was so excited!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

Mine aren't really garage sale finds but I did get them at flea markets! At one I found a cute vase that looks like a pair of overalls. I use that in my craft room to hold pens and paintbrushes. At another flea market I found a pair of cute owl vases. Right now they're just sitting in my craft room looking cute. Not sure what to use them for yet.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

This thread prompted me to go out yardsale-ing this past weekend. I didn't find anything, but it was fun to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 12:03 PM   #55  
Compulsive Stamper

This is a cool thread! I love hearing about everyone's great finds! Here are a few of mine:

One of my favorite finds was the stampin write markers for $10. I opened the container right there and checked them to make sure they weren't dry. I see them going on ebay for around $100.

Another great find was a brand new $400 karaoke machine I paid $20 for. It was my 8 yo DD's Christmas present. At the same yard sale the lady was selling off her daughter's creative memories stuff. I got markers, albums, trimmers, paper, tape runners, etc all for $5. I paid first and my friend behind me dropped her jaw when she saw how much the lady charged me. For some reason she charged my friend a lot more for less stuff:confused:

At one yard sale I found a box of weight loss cd's I think they were called smart something or other. Paid $2 for the box. Got home and nobody wanted it so sold it on ebay for $75.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Last weekend, I went to a garage sale about 1.5 miles from my house. I really wasn't expecting to find anything, but I got a brand new, uncut set of TAC stamps for $1. I wanted this set before it was retired, but somehow never bought it. I also got 2 different SU hostess sets that are unmounted for $2 each, 1 mounted set of SU for $4, and another SU unmounted set for #3. All are retired, but that is ok with me.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #57  
Insane Embellisher

Default Great find!

I got a Fiskars paper crimper for $3( I saw the same item for $17.99 at Archiver's), a Sizzix Ghost die cut for $3, and a large corner punch for $2. They all work great and I'm thrilled for the awesome deals!

Oh..and earlier this year I got my awesome stamping desk, with 3 drawers and 2 large areas where I can stamp and/or store things, and it came with a chair too--- for $26. It's wonderful!

Last edited by Bellegirl; 08-01-2009 at 08:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My find wasn't stamping related, but I was at a flea market years ago when I still lived in Winnipeg. I bought a full 8 seat service of Royal Doulton china for $10. I eventually gave it away, but it was still a really really good deal.
Reply With Quote Likes