Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best selling stamps

I am signing up this weekend to SU. Woo hoo!!!
Can you help me with your best selling stamps and what would you pick for your free stamp.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2008, 10:24 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, congratulations! I know you're going to have a blast! And what a good time to sign up, with all the freebie stuff!

"Best" is such a relative term, lol...that's going to vary from region to region, group to group. The main thing I suggest if you are thinking of replacing some of the sets in the kit is to stay with the same types of sets.

The way the kit is, you'd get a nice variety of solid stamps, outline stamps, etc., so you'd be able to show all of the different types of stamping. So if you already have the 2-step set in the kit, let's say, replace it with another 2-step set. If you want to change the flower set with its matching wheel, pick another set that has a wheel to match.

As for your free set, lol, that's EASY! Pick one of the most EXPENSIVE ones! A large alphabet maybe, or Definition of Life. Get the most out of the benefit as you can, kwim?

How fun! You're going to have such a great time with this! Make sure to apply to join the Demo forums here, as soon as possible! It might take a few days to get it all set up, so the sooner you start...I'll look for you over there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Smile

Congrats!! I agree with the advice Betsy offered, and don't forget -- on your first order as a Demo you get 30% of your entire order! The fun has just begun!!
My Blog --> Everlasting Ink
I design for Heartfelt Creations
My Pinterest boards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2008, 04:02 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I signed up with TAC, I got what I thought customers would like. What I discovered was I didn't use them much because they weren't *me.* So I feel like I kinda wasted a lot. It's good to have a variety, but get stamps that *you* love, that you'll be passionate about using, and that will come through to your customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2008, 04:07 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingsbydebraView Post
When I signed up with TAC, I got what I thought customers would like. What I discovered was I didn't use them much because they weren't *me.* So I feel like I kinda wasted a lot. It's good to have a variety, but get stamps that *you* love, that you'll be passionate about using, and that will come through to your customers.
I so agree! I'm not very inspired to use stuff that isn't *me*! If it's your style, Define Your Life would be a good one---it's expensive, but so versatile! Good luck choosing!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2008, 04:43 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Default Depends...

Are you becoming a SU demo for the business? I figured I spend about $100 a month most months on stamps...not always...but most of the time. ( I tutor online to support this habit.) I didn't join to become a large business per say. I know ....I know.... but hey if I spend that much why not reap the benefits!

Anyway...I got Define Your Life plus Stamps that I liked. I might do a workshop or two here and there for friends...but I'll use the stamps I like.

Check out my blog:
http://addictedtostamping.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Thank you!

Great advice and thank you all. I love SCS. Now I am looking for what I have a passion for. I think I was already doing that but needed to hear from you girls. And you are the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2008, 05:47 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'd say go with what you like, keeping in mind the suggestions Betsy made about substitutions. I've found with my customers, that if I enjoy using the set, the enthusiasm comes across in my demonstrations. New stampers will buy the stamps you demo and your excitement can only add to theirs. After a while, you'll get to know your customer base and will be able to buy what you think will sell to them, but it takes time to figure that out. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes