Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best way to store acrylic stamps? Need HELP

I didnt want to have to search for this answer. If I have to I will. Thought maybe I would get some awesome answers for this. I need quick and simple ideas on how to store acrylic stamps and how to keep track of them. thanks so much
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Most people prefer using CD cases, but I prefer clear DVD cases like these, so I don't have to put stamps on both sides of the case. It bugs me when they stick together. I usually get a case of 50 when she has a sale (typically around holidays).

There are numerous ways to keep track of them. For now, I stamp each set on a 6x6 or two 6x6 pieces of cheap white cardstock and stick them in a 6x6 album that I can flip through. In the album I have most of the sets by category (floral, holiday, etc.). I keep my PTI all together though. There's a lot of threads about categorizing sets. Here's one that was started today and has links to pictures of mtgchic's system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the system from Little Monkeys - www.storemorestamps.com - but I also don't have a zillion clear stamps. I'm actually getting close to maxing out that system as it holds a lot, but not tons. I have a friend who uses binders and puts her stamps on coated cardboard (you can order it specifically for the purpose of storing stamps). She does not completely index hers but does sort them by category and labels the binders accordingly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use cd cases and works good for me ;)
I love it, especially because I dont have a big crafting space, so works good for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:31 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

BTW, the DVD cases only take up more space in 'height.' They're just a few inches taller, so space in the craft room shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I like to keep my clear stamps on the sheets they come on originally. There are a number of companies that make binders with sleeves you can just slide the sheet into. That way you keep the original index that comes with the set. I have all of my inkadinkado clear sets in their binder - I was able to get one at mike's with a coupon.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP67014466.htm

making memories also has one with sleeves that fit shorter wider sets.
http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...er=30314/388.0

For sets that come in a cd case like PTI, I have some cd storage drawers that I bought at Office Depot for those, although I plan to replace these with some of these from Ikea as soon as I have a chance to get to the store:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/search/?query=mackis

I like having the additional drawers that can stack on top for paper storage where right now the area above the drawers is just wasted space.

As for keeping track, I have a spreadsheet where I list all my sets (mounted, unmounted and clear). I have columns for categories, company, and comments like style of the set(cutesy vs elegant, etc), and I also list the purchase price so I can keep track for insurance purposes. I can then sort the spreadsheet on any of these columns if I am looking for something specific. There is also a column that notes a drawer or binder number that tells me where it is stored. My next step is to create a binder similar to Chocoholic's where I will stamp out every set and also note where it is stored. I might even add a page number to this so I can note that in my spreadsheet so I can easily go from that to the images.

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by hgrub2View Post
I didnt want to have to search for this answer. If I have to I will. Thought maybe I would get some awesome answers for this. I need quick and simple ideas on how to store acrylic stamps and how to keep track of them. thanks so much

I don't know if it's the best way...But it's the way I store mine. I bought a 8x8 Scrapbook album and I am using this to store my clear Stamps.

This works for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Best way to store acrylic stamps?  Need HELP-clear-stamp-storage-page-1.jpg  

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by kikikarenView Post
I use the system from Little Monkeys - www.storemorestamps.com - but I also don't have a zillion clear stamps. I'm actually getting close to maxing out that system as it holds a lot, but not tons. I have a friend who uses binders and puts her stamps on coated cardboard (you can order it specifically for the purpose of storing stamps). She does not completely index hers but does sort them by category and labels the binders accordingly.
Me, too! I really like my Little Monkeys system. It fits on my desk and I am ready for another whole system!! There is no way to lose a stamp while storing them. When I was using the Binder system, I lost a few acrylics that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choc0holicView Post
Most people prefer using CD cases, but I prefer clear DVD cases like these, so I don't have to put stamps on both sides of the case. It bugs me when they stick together. I usually get a case of 50 when she has a sale (typically around holidays).

There are numerous ways to keep track of them. For now, I stamp each set on a 6x6 or two 6x6 pieces of cheap white cardstock and stick them in a 6x6 album that I can flip through. In the album I have most of the sets by category (floral, holiday, etc.). I keep my PTI all together though. There's a lot of threads about categorizing sets. Here's one that was started today and has links to pictures of mtgchic's system.
WOW! This seems a lot more reasonable than some of the other systems I've been looking into...Have you had trouble with these cases "breaking down" the stamps over time? I thought I heard that was one of the major concerns people had with using cases...Or, at least, it was one of the big reasons some companies felt like you shouldn't use cd/dvd cases.

My b-day is at the end of the week and I've been planning on getting the Gina K. Designs storage system...but it's a lot more expensive for what it holds (not as much as the above dvd case option.)

Does anyone have imput on this? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 01:13 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoJoView Post
WOW! This seems a lot more reasonable than some of the other systems I've been looking into...Have you had trouble with these cases "breaking down" the stamps over time? I thought I heard that was one of the major concerns people had with using cases...Or, at least, it was one of the big reasons some companies felt like you shouldn't use cd/dvd cases.

My b-day is at the end of the week and I've been planning on getting the Gina K. Designs storage system...but it's a lot more expensive for what it holds (not as much as the above dvd case option.)

I know another SCS'r who wanted to try the binders like Gina K has, but found these on another site. She loves them.
http://www.univenture.com/acatalog/mini

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

i have them in cd cases and in plastic storage containers, I use the slim ones, and it works perfectly., dont know about stamps messing up, so far, no problem, but I wouldn't be able to tell you. I have like maybe 60 cases in one container.
doesnt take much space for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
I know another SCS'r who wanted to try the binders like Gina K has, but found these on another site. She loves them.
http://www.univenture.com/acatalog/mini.html
Do you know if the SCS'er you mentioned uses something inside of these? Is she able to use the GKD sheets for the inside to put her stamps on or does she just use the front and back inside of the case itself to adhere her stamps? Just curious...

Thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Mine is much less fancy than a lot of what others use but here's my system:

I purchased two - 3 in. binders, a pack of regular sheet protectors and a pack of baseball card type sheet protectors.
In one binder, I put the baseball card sheet protectors and insert Studio G acrylic sets in these. I also put other small, individual clear stamps in these, too. In this same binder, I also put a few of the regular sheet protectors and put my alpha sets.

In the 2nd binder, I put the rest of the regular sheet protectors and put them all in there. Sometimes I can get two or three sets in a single sheet protector but other times just one. Depends on the size of the set, obviously.

This is much more cheaper than most other systems - which is the main reason I utilize it. lol The second reason is I like how the binders lay flat. I put my binders on top of my 12x12 plastic drawer organizer that I keep my wood stamps in. I stamp at my dining room table so having ALL my stamps in and on top of this one moveable item makes it much easier.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #14  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

I have all of my acrylic stamps and unmounted stamps in these cases and have purchased a ton of them from Cheryl. I have never had a problem with them or her customer service. I think you'll be extremely happy and you'll save a ton of money as well.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 06:06 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Do you know if the SCS'er you mentioned uses something inside of these? Is she able to use the GKD sheets for the inside to put her stamps on or does she just use the front and back inside of the case itself to adhere her stamps? Just curious...

Thanks for the info!
I'm not certain if this is the SCS'er she is thinking about - but it is certainly the system I am thinking about and she explains it well

http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/...ted-stamp.html

http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/...p-storage
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

Quote:

Thanks for the info!
I used the GK inserts with mine and I purchased binders from both sites, Ginak and the other one listed here. They are the exact same binder. I love this system!!

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

Oh and by the way the binder system from Gina K., I can fit 7-8 inserts in one binder with 1-2 sets of stamps on each insert. It holds a lot of stamps. WOW.

My "Small" Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 07:59 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have Little Monkeys too and love it. I am having camera issues today but here is an idea of what it looks like. I have four with four refill inserts plus the ones that came with it...and I am through buying stamps...I will never use all I have!!

Best way to store acrylic stamps?  Need HELP-storage-box.jpg

Best way to store acrylic stamps?  Need HELP-insert.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thanks for the info!
Yes she uses the pages that go inside like the Ginak system. I am getting ready to purchase some as well from www.sundayint.com to give them a try for my unmounted rubber. I am wavering between this system and just using a larger three ring binder so I can fit more on a page.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 08:04 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought several of the new STAMPENDOUS storage cases. They are AWESOME!
I bought some for all my clear stamps and they also have sizes for wood mounts!!Great for all those lose single wood mounts I have

STAMPENDOUS STORAGE SOLUTIONS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstampinView Post
Yes she uses the pages that go inside like the Ginak system. I am getting ready to purchase some as well from www.sundayint.com to give them a try for my unmounted rubber. I am wavering between this system and just using a larger three ring binder so I can fit more on a page.
Joan you can fit about 10 sets in the binders LOL BUT if you still want the bigger 3 ring binder they sell those too..LMBO!!:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

hiya i store my stamps in these plastic DL wallets,it works so well for me! xx jo xx
Attached Thumbnails
Best way to store acrylic stamps?  Need HELP-100_0663.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes