Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birthday Party for 11 Year Old Girl

A friend's of mine's daughter is turning 11 and she wants to have a stamp party. She wants her girlfriends to come over and make a project as her birthday party. My friend would like to keep the cost of this to $5-10 per child. Any suggestions on cute ideas they could make and take home - that would be easy (1-2 hours)? I have all the SU colors of ink, markers, and paper. I just need something to do that 11 year olds would like.

Thanks!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

How about using the purse template for the coluzzle and having them each make a purse?

Or

Have them each make a beaded pen and matching covered mini notepad?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Picture Frames

Walmart has picture frames that can be stamped. If she has a digital camera, she can take a picture of each girl with the birthday girl, have them developed at the 1 hour photo and put them in the frame to take home.

And, how about a coaster box with some candy or lotion in it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #4  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 627 Likes on 440 Posts

Two of my nieces love to make things. They were here recently and we made cards. They stamped, crimped and made mother's day cards. They also love to scrapbook. I think you could plan some basic sb pages. YOu could make them 8x10 if they wanted to hang them in a frame. You could get some cheap frames. The girls really liked to use the stamps, ribbon and of course the crimper. Check out the sb gallery here, there are tons of great pages! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

for my 11yr old daughter - we did cards for any occasion. We used the Girlfriend stamp set and Glam Girl stamp set. For colors, we used Lovely Lilac, Pink Passion (or Pixie Pink), and Gable Green. Those are my daughter's fav. I highly recommend having most stuff precut for them. I gave them pre-cut white cardstock to stamp the images on and then had matching mounting papers. They used colored pencils to color in the stuff.
Oh - and we used some "funky fibers" and the 1/16" hole punch and gave the stamped girls - boas for their shoulders and fuzzy sandals for their shoes. Very cute!

I used what the girls didn't to make other cards. So, no loss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

My daughter is turning 11 next week and we are making beaded pens and journals--We found composition books on clearance at Wal-Mart for fifty cents each, but they are usually a dollar. I like them because they don't have spiral holes to mess with!

Last year we did altered clipboards. If you stick to one color family and paint them beforehand, it is relatively inexpensive as well. (We get the clipboards at Sam's for about $5 for 6.

Whatever you do, just limit their color choices/papers to one group of coordinating colors and patterns. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2007, 06:14 AM   #7  
GMC
Kookie Creator

For my 12 year old's party, we did paperbag scrapbooks. Sarah and I picked out all the papers and embellishments, prepped the paperbag books, cut the background papers up and divided them up for each girl (we purchased little plastic accordian folders from the dollar store to put all the paper goodies and embellishments into). I put out staplers, scissors, star and heart and flower punches, chalk inks for distressing pages, a few stamps...it was da'bomb par-tay for 11 and 12 year old girls! I ended up having it at a local scrapbook store during a free crop (they knew what I was doing when I reserved all those spots) and the girls worked for two hours with barely a peep out of them. They absolutely loved it!

It was a relatively cheap party "per girl" too when it came down to cost of items used. I served no food, had a birthday cookie from Mrs. Fields (one of the most expensive items of the day) and then we went to Wendy's for lunch afterward...it was a morning party from 10am-12:30pm.

I bought many things from Michaels and Joanns on sale or with coupons. I bought the DCWV textured pads of cardstock and a DCWV glitter stack (they were already 50% off) and cut that up and shared amongst the girls. I bought the polyester ribbons that go on sale for 4 For $1 in all different colors and gave each girl an arm's length of ribbon in all the colors. Each girl received their own glue stick (I buy in bulk from Costco). I bought sequins in circles and hearts from the dollar store and bagged some for each girl. I had a huge bag of clear buttons from an earlier purchase and gave each a few of those. I pre-punched tiny circles and bagged them, as well as strips of card stock for embellishing. I bought letter sticker packs when they were on sale at the stores and each girl got a set of ABC letters, and I also bought sticker packs that were "girlfriend" themed and each girl received one of them. The scrapbook store had a clearance table and I did purchase a few boxes of glittered chipboard letters and put them out on the table for the girls to use.

There are so many different things to do! Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2007, 06:22 AM   #8  
GMC
Kookie Creator

As far as using SU products...my bad, I did not read the entire OP that closely...

...have each girl do an easy version of a one sheet wonder background paper on a regular 8 1/2 by 11 sheet and then you cut it up for them. You pick out the stamps and colors and then coordinate your cardstocks and cut those into varying sizes. Put out some SU punches if you have them, maybe a little bit of SU ribbon here and there (are you opposed to using non-SU items for cost issues?), some brads and buttons and some alphabet stamps for them to make words, and you could do the same kind of party.

When we put together the paperbag scrapbooks, we only stapled two paperbags together, and that was PLENTY of sides for the girls to work on! I have personally done a paperbag scrapbook with three bags put together and it is a lot of bags to decorate!

I found that in doing my own books BEFORE deciding to do Sarah's party that the most difficult thing for me to do was pick out colors and make decisions about pages. That is the reason I precut and predetermined color schemes for the girls, and each girl received the same stuff. They could then play around with the items they received and each girl still ended up doing different things to their pages. And not one girl really finished the whole book in that time period or used up all the materials given to them. There was lots of stuff leftover for them to take home and use!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2007, 06:28 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

You got some great ideas already. I once did door hangers with a group of my daughter's friends & they loved that! Good luck with the party!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-05-2007, 06:22 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Default I'm doing two workshops for the 4-H...

One is going to be the paper bag album, relative cheap and the other is the scrapbook in a box (only 4 sheets of paper). I figure I will help them put it together, then give them some leftover stickers, die cuts, etc to embellish them like they want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2007, 05:25 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for all the suggestions. We are going with the paper bag album. Just one bag folded is 4 pages for them to create - plus an insert. I designed it over the weekend and I think the birthday girl will be real happy. It is definitely girly.

Thanks for all your help!

Reply With Quote Likes