Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2008, 06:21 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default book/journal to inventory stamp sets

Well if that title didn't throw you, maybe my explaination will. LOL.
I once saw a planner type of thing, you stamped you stamp sets in it, and could page through and see all the images in a stamp set.
Anyone know of this, what they are called, links to them, etc, all would be greatly appreciated.
TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

I usually make a copy of the index shheet that comes with my stamsp and throw the copy into a page protector whch i keep in a regular binder. IF I can, I try to fit as many as 3 or 4 sets per page, tosave on room, and I put in the copies back-to-back.

HTH!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

this is what i use...

my 'index book' by momis mama at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 07:11 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know of any specially made planners/binders, but you could make your own. I did one and really love it.

I bought a large 3 ring binder and sheets of photo storage pages. These are the pages that you put your pictures in to protect them in photo albums. I found them in packages of 10 sheets at WalMart.They come in a variety of sizes, with pockets that fit 8 by 10 to 4 by 6 pictures. I find that I use mostly 4 by 6, or 5 by 7, pages. There are two sides to each page, so you can show 6 sets on the 4 by 6 pages and 4 sets on the 5 by 7 pages. There are also small pockets next to each of the picture pockets where you can slide in a piece of cardstock with the name of the set, manufacturer name, special notes about the set, or any other details you wish to note.

Most of my stamps are unmounted and stored in CD cases. After I unmount them I simply scan two CD cases at a time showing the stamps as they look in the case. I scan my individual stamps in groups by subject, or one at a time, depending on their size. I cut the scaned pictures out and place them in my binders. I also make one copy to go inside my CD case (along with the stamps) and then if someone uses my stamps they can see exactly where to return the stamp. I have the binder sorted into sections by subject or theme, ie: nautical, seasonal, birthday, wedding, etc. If I find a stamp set has stamps that work in another section, such as flowers and birthday, I also file a picture in each section. I usually note that I have the stamp filed in two sections on the little card where I list the set's name. If for some reason you get rid of a stamp, you can simply remove the picture from your file.

If you have a scanner I would highly encourage you to scan your sets. It goes so much faster than stamping and cleaning each of the stamps. My daughters frequently use my stamps, I have a lot of stamps, and I am very visual, so this system works well for us. Let us know if you find any other great ideas in your search. Best of luck!

Annie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #5  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I bought a photo album & a package of 4x6 plain index cards. Stamp each set on a card & pop into the album. I wish I'd thought of this when I started stamping! I just started doing this recently and I'm only about halfway through all my stamps. I am finding it is relatively quick & easy though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 677 Likes on 349 Posts

I also have a Stamp Inventory Three Ring Binder. I like the Binder, because as I add new sets, I can keep them in Alphabetical Order. On the SU sets I now buy, I make a copy of the label page before attaching them to the stamps. For the sets already put together, when I use them, I make a page by stamping the stamps on a page. I use whatever color of inks I am currently using with the stamp set, so the pages are really visually appealing. On the page, I write the name of the set, the page number of the catalog it is in, and what I paid for it. I also put the pages in Page Protectors. HTH! :-) LM

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes