Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Bundle Up - worth it?

Okay here's my story. I do mostly scrapbooking, and a few cards here and there. I'm planning my next SU order to happen during Sellabration (yes, everything I buy I plan months in advance) and I was wondering about this set. I have the funniest pics of my boys in the snow last winter, we had about six inches of snow and then a freezing 30 MPH wind but they still wanted to go outside. The pics are of them just standing there in the snow all, well bundled up, LOL. I really think this set would go great on this page but right now I can't think of any other use for it. I know that there are some cute cards in the gallery, but for some reason I just can't come up with anything else I could do with this set. So my question is: for those who have this set, do you find it useful? Have any of you done Christmas cards with it? (I'm not a paying member yet so I can't pull up the gallery very quickly) I was considering that perhaps I could also buy Sparkling Season and mix the two since they are the same style. I would just like some feedback on what others think of this set. Thanks.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 03:59 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I really like this set. I mostly do cards; but I think it has scrapbook appeal too. It's just a fun set with so many possibilities!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 04:35 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And don't forget the classic lingerie possibilities!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Default Just another opinion...

Personally, I'm not that wild over the Bundle Up set - so if it were me, I'd seek out a stampin' friend and see if you could borrow it for what you'd like to do with your scrapbook pages. That's what I like to do when I only want a set for one purpose and don't see it being that useful later.

The stamps I like to own and not borrow are background stamps, alphabets and word sets. That is just my personal preference.

PS: I plan my stamping purchases months in advance as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 05:55 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually, Basketmom, I've thought about that but no one I know owns that set. And the problem I'm having with this set is, yes I like it, but it just doesn't strike me as being very versitile. But it would just be so perfect for this page. Maybe I could get it and then trade it for something I would use more. I do really like the sample card that's in the IBC but I don't see myself ever sending out a card like that to anyone. But I really, really do like the set so maybe...ARRRGGHH!!! Good thing I have a few months. Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 06:30 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a cute set, but I didn't buy it for the same reason...I just didn't think there was a lot that you could do with it. I've seen some very nice cards done with it, but they all have pretty much the same look....just in different colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 06:38 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I think the set would be great for making tags for presents. The sweater especially would be good for this. Stamp it in the colors you want, then cut out, punch a hole in it, and run a piece of silver or gold cord through it. Write the To & From info on the back. I see shaped tags like this every year for Christmas. You can use them for wrapped packages, homebaked goodies, hot chocolate mix, etc.

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 07:46 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

Ohmygosh, Bundle Up is one of my favorite sets! And I think it would be VERY versatile for SB'ing! You can make the sweater striped by inking it up in one color, then using the damp q-tip technique to get the ink off every other stripe. Then use markers to ink up the now-clean stripes. Also, don't underestimate the other stamps in that set - the stamp that has the 8 snowflakes, some with a positive image, some with negative image, makes SUCH a cool background!! The other background snowflake stamp would make a very easy, versatile background for all times of year since it's not terribly snow-specific, in my opinion! Same with the Twinkle wheel that goes with it.

I say buy it!!

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I probably will bump it up to the top of the wish list. Because I think I could use it on a lot more SB pages than just snow. And I really, really like the matching wheel. I'm also going to be getting the Watercolor Crayons on my next order and I think I could have a lot of fun using them on that sweater. I also think that this set matches Sparkling Season and I was thinking about getting that set for next year's Christmas cards (already have this year's planned!) And if I get tired of this set, I can always trade it. Thanks for the input everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I have it and I love it. Just think - I'm sure you'll have future opportunities for more snow pictures with the kids . . . and like someone mentioned (and I hadn't thought of this - great idea), you can use it for tags on gifts. It's just so darn cute and irresistible in my opinion.