Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2005, 05:35 AM   #1  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyers Remorse!!!!

OMG ~ what was I thinking when I hit enter this morning? I preordered 4 things from the Spring Mini and the canvas stamp, the slit punch, and a pack of paper and spent over $110 that I didn't really have to spend. What the heck was I thinking? Has anyone else ever done this? Is this online ordering just too easy sometimes?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:44 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, everytime I go to Wally world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:45 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

It does make it awfully easy to over spend doesn't it? :shock:
I have to wait till the 18th to pre-order anything :( Hopefully I can show some restraint, usually I can't/don't though :?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:45 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Kymbers,
I'm right there with you! I just hit the enter button on my $103 order on a few Spring Mini items and some paper and blender pens! :shock:

I blame it on the SCS fever I have! :lol:

Wendi, SCS Member # 799
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sahm_i_am
www.wendibrant.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:47 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

maybe we just like that feeling of instant gratification????? :shock: :?

but I think you are right it is just soooo easy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:50 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

You'll feel better when your stuff arrives

-Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:51 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Just don't make anything cool with them....I am NOT preordering!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:53 AM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I try not to preorder, BUT I put in a personal order for over $150 yesterday!! I woke up in the middle of the night and almost died :shock: !! Oh well, I blame it on SCS as well!! Gotta love it!!

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:57 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Default buyers remorse

I solved that when I became a demo!

I have a bank account that I use exclusively for Stampin' Up!
I use my debit card when placing orders. My volume rebate is directly deposited and of course my instant income stays in when placing an outside order.

It's simple..........
If there's no money there, there's no purchase to be made. :(
If there is money there, I'm inclined to order!

If I get the merchandise and don't use it or like, I look for somebody to trade with that has something I do like or want. So nothing is really lost!

My guess is that once your items arrive, you'll be happy with it.

But it's all a matter of discipline!!!!!!!
Ouch..............
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:57 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't feel bad - I just put in an order for $200 - and that didn't even include any preorder sets I might get!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:07 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I do this all the time but am usually pleased with what I purchase. But my problem is that I tend to only use what's NEW and my old stuff gets neglected. I think it's all because the mini's are so big now, there's too much good stuff. But as a demo, I feel the need to have the new stuff to show! Oh my, just wait til the new catalog!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:07 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

oops, I didn't think the first one went through. But I'll add something else anyway......if you have a stamper friend or a nice upline, try to use some of her new stuff if she's nice enough to let you borrow. This way you might be able to "get it out of your system" by just playing with some new sets and accessories. Then if you really want it, buy it. Now of course, this does not work for me because I don't have any upline anymore and I am the kinda gal who has to have it NOWWWWW!!! What the heck, I just need to book more workshops to bring in some more cash flow, right? Forget about the bills!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Hello..
My starter kit was shipped just this morning....yah..I am afraid already that I might order even more stuff once I have my demo #... :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

We're all in the same boat it seems! The only thing stopping me from preordering today is that I'm actually OVERDRAWN in my checking account! So sad, I would rather spend money on stamps than food...most of the time. It's helping me stamp out fat a little bit...but I think you're right - it is SO EASY to order online, and when we have a total of $80 we can so easily justify spending just a little bit more to make it to $100 and get another SAB set...then when the total is $110 we can justify spending a little bit more to make it to $150 to get hostess benefits...its aweful!! I don't know about you, but every time I have a good workshop, I end up spending MORE money than I made from the workshop on goodies that I want!!!
Gretchen in SC
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:12 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

In addition to obvious temptation of SU goodies, think about what else may be going on that you would "treat" yourself this way, where your budget or better judgment not in gear.

Stress? Conflict?

Years ago, a very wise Weight Watchers leader said it's pretty common that if you are cutting back on calories you are cutting loose on something else - perfume, cosmetics, other treats. Stamps fit right in that category for me - something pretty, positive and fun, and they always come in my size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:12 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

In addition to obvious temptation of SU goodies, think about what else may be going on that you would "treat" yourself this way, where your budget or better judgment not in gear.

Stress? Conflict?

Years ago, a very wise Weight Watchers leader said it's pretty common that if you are cutting back on calories you are cutting loose on something else - perfume, cosmetics, other treats. Stamps fit right in that category for me - something pretty, positive and fun, and they always come in my size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:12 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Stress? Conflict?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:12 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Stress? Conflict?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:14 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Stress? Conflict?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:16 AM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

well, you definitely get the sab sets with your preorder... I also just spent 100 bucks on my preorder! There are just so many cute things!!!

I would check with Demo Support about the 30% order. I think you have to phone that one in anyway. But I am really not sure. Demo Support is wonderful. Send them an e-mail and they will get back to you right away with your answers.

Can't wait to see what all of you create with new spring mini sets!! However, I am NOT ordering anything else from there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:20 AM   #21  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggiemoo
Hello..
My starter kit was shipped just this morning, so I have a ton of questions as a new demo-to-be :lol:
When you preorder from the Spring mini, do you still get SAB sets for every $50 dollars you spend? And how about the first order (the one with the 30% off): does this order also qualify for SAB? Can I combine both orders (30% order and preorder?) Uhhh...so many questions...

And well..yah..I am afraid already that I might order even more stuff once I have my demo #... :oops:
Turns out yes, you do get SAB sets when preordering from the mini. I got two more sets now. That's why I bumped up to $100 instead of just spending $80. Again, what was I thinking?????

As for the first order, that goes on a hostess order, you can't preorder on a hostess order. I sure hope I'm happy when the order arrives. I got all the nature and animal sets. I sure hope my niece doesn't get tired of seeing her name in animals. And I hope that set makes it into the catty next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:21 AM   #22  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hello..
My starter kit was shipped just this morning, so I have a ton of questions as a new demo-to-be :lol:
When you preorder from the Spring mini, do you still get SAB sets for every $50 dollars you spend? And how about the first order (the one with the 30% off): does this order also qualify for SAB? Can I combine both orders (30% order and preorder?) Uhhh...so many questions...

And well..yah..I am afraid already that I might order even more stuff once I have my demo #... :oops:
Turns out yes, you do get SAB sets when preordering from the mini. I got two more sets now. That's why I bumped up to $100 instead of just spending $80. Again, what was I thinking?????

As for the first order, that goes on a hostess order, you can't preorder on a hostess order. I sure hope I'm happy when the order arrives. I got all the nature and animal sets. I sure hope my niece doesn't get tired of seeing her name in animals. And I hope that set makes it into the catty next year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:21 AM   #23  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hello..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:24 AM   #24  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hello..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #25  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hello..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:11 AM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

I blame it on the internet as a whole! If I couldn't purchase items online, I would be RICH!! (well, almost!) The internet + my lack of self-control is a dangerous mix!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:18 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

I blame it on the internet as a whole! If I couldn't purchase items online, I would be RICH!! (well, almost!) The internet + my lack of self-control is a dangerous mix!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:21 AM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

I ordered this morning too but lucky for me...no buyers remorse! I had talked with my DH prior to now and told him how much I wanted to send and low and behold...he said it was okay! The only thing I'm not sure about is that I changed something that I was going to order and then ordered something else...hope I won't regret that! Happy Valentine's to me!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:23 AM   #29  
Hardware Hotshot

I ordered this morning too but lucky for me...no buyers remorse! I had talked with my DH prior to now and told him how much I wanted to send and low and behold...he said it was okay! The only thing I'm not sure about is that I changed something that I was going to order and then ordered something else...hope I won't regret that! Happy Valentine's to me!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:24 AM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Old 02-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #32  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Hello..

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:32 AM   #33  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm right there with ya babe!!!

I hate buying cardstock...but it's the #1 neccessity. AT least the SU! cardstock is cheap.

Maybe that's why you're having buyers remorse. Take away the total cost of the cardstock and your purchase might have been much lower!

See, problem solved....think of it as a "necessary" purchase!!!

Oh ya - another way to resolve buyers remorse is to open a bottle of wine when the package arrives.... CELEBRATE BABY!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:43 AM   #34  
Gabfest Goddess

Kymbers, I'm so much like you...usually! I only preordered $55.00 from the spring mini - 3 sets and the mini punches!

I did put in 3 demo orders in December totalling $150, so I could have done one hostess order and gotten another level 1 set and something else free...what a dope I am sometimes!

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Old 02-01-2005, 07:52 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

Old 02-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Old 02-01-2005, 09:41 AM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

That spring mini is DANGEROUS!!!

My DH flipped thru the mini last night. He put it down, looked at me and just said "Uh, oh." then walked away. Luckily, I just have to use my puppy eyes and order away!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 09:53 AM   #39  
Die Cut Diva

Luckily (or not luckily?), I'm officially not a demo anymore (as of today). I tried to go in an pre-order the skateboard set and it told me I couldn't because I'm no longer active. But I do still have access to the demo website (I wish they wouldn't tease me!).

So I was able to refrain from spending...not by my choice though!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2005, 09:54 AM   #40  
Forum Fanatic

Grr ~ server issues driving Kymbers crazy!!
Reply With Quote Likes