Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get through to PaperTrey, any ideas?

Hello,

I thought maybe some people here would have an idea about how to work out something with PaperTrey. I have not received my anniversary set yet, but I did qualify, and have been assured of that twice by them. Ten days ago they said it was on the way. I contacted them again a week ago to check on the status (you know, I was thinking they did send it but that it might have been lost or something) and have not had any reply back. I know they are a great company, so please don't think I am trying to be a problem. I don't know what else to do. I thought maybe someone might know someone there personally and could help me out or have another idea for me. I have tried everything I know. I'm feeling really bummed about it and like my hands are tied. Thanks,

Cindy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Kookie Creator

Hi Cindy...
I most definitely feel your pain. I haven't received mine either, but have received an email from them that I did qualify and that it would be on its way...almost 2 weeks ago. It is really frustrating...especially when I see that people who ordered the new release stuff got it right away, and here I am still waiting for something that I earned back in February. I would consider someone that orders 12 sets in a year to be a loyal customer, and one that I would want to keep happy...it doesn't seem like PTI sees it that way, though. :(

My Blog - New!!
Mad Swapper

I'm sorry you haven't received your Anniversary set yet. I hope someone can help you out. I know it must be really frustrating not to get an answer back and get your issue resolved. I love Papertrey but the bigger they get I noticed that their customer service has gone down hill. I still have an unanswered email myself. They probably won't do anything about my issue so I chose to not re-email them. But I do hope someone has a suggestion for you. Good luck!
Crimping Master

Have you been emailing [email protected]? I emailed them on April 11th about receiving my anniversary set (I earned two and was sent one) and got a response 2 days later and had the second set a few days after that.
Kookie Creator

Yep...I've been emailing them. I have gotten responses that, "Yes, you did earn the anniversary set, and one will be mailed to you," but it never seems to show up...

My Blog - New!!
Stampin' Fool

I haven't received mine, either. There is a post in the Papertrey forum stating that they are working on the lists of people that were not picked up by the computer. It states that if you did not receive your anniversary set, and did receive an e-mail that you will get it, that you will definitely receive it. I am not going to e-mail them again until the end of next week.
Hopefully, all will be sent out on Monday. Eileen
Gabfest Goddess

I'm sorry that you all have the same issue, but I will admit it's nice to have others in the same boat! I did e-mail the customer service e-mail. Three days later I was told I did qualify (that they had checked) and "one was one the way out to me." That implied that it was already on the way, in the mail, right? I would assume. That will be two weeks this Wed., so obviously it was not on the way. I e-mailed last Monday, and no response.

I kind of agree with the above poster... it seems like customer service has not kept up with the growth. I would say that 90 percent of the time, things are fine, but from my experience, when things don't go perfectly, it's like it really spirals downhill fast. One time I didn't get the second set of stamps in my set. I e-mailed and almost immediately was told SORRY, and that it would be on the way ASAP. TWO WEEKS went by and NOTHING. Finally, on the THIRD e-mail, they profusely apologized and the set was there a week later or so. And to tell you the truth, if that was me and my company, I would have enclosed a gift certificate for the mixup and the trouble. They admitted the forgot twice. It's just good customer service to send a token. I have that happen all the time.... when my son got the wrong contacts from 1800 contacts, we got a $10 gift cert. and note, when my daughter's bathing suit clasp broke TWICE, we got a $50 gift cert. I mean, at least a personal note. I'm really starting to get down on the company. It's hard, too, because I really love their CS. But what if my order is ever wrong? What do I do? I'm just not sure if it's worth the risk.

And I hope I don't get bashed for these comments because I KNOW that their stuff is awesome and the transactions are good most of the time, but this is just kind of weighing on my mind.

All right. Thanks so much. Please post back if you get the set, and I'll do the same!

Cindy
Glitter Guru

It must just be a fluke or something right now though. I just ordered 10 days ago or so, and requested extra tape on my box because the previous months shipment was torn from the USPS (nothing damaged or missing though!), and I just didn't want to lose anything this time. And, WOW, it had extra tape, alright. Somebody actually went tape happy on it, and just for me. I was quite pleased that someone took the time to pay attention to my request in the order form.

Oh, please, just give 'em until tomorrow. I bet since it's the weekend right now, that it's difficult to respond to the many requests they have. I'm sure you'll hear SOMETHING from them tomorrow.

I hope you get it soon!
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the same boat - I qualified but never got the set. I've been told twice (once in February and again last Monday) that I'll be getting the stamps but I still don't have them either. I'll wait another week before I email them again, though. If they're still not here, I'll email and post on the PTI forum. I suppose this has been a huge undertaking for them so I'm trying to be patient but it has been frustrating waiting for weeks and missing out on the excitement. Every day I check the mail and every day I'm disappointed. Hope we all get our sets soon!
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah, April, I know what you mean. I had NO DOUBT they would be here last week, NONE at all!!! Every day, I expected them to be here. I was totally optimistic every day. It will be two weeks this Wed. that I was told they were "on their way."

And Laurie... I wrote them LAST Monday, a week ago! The weekend has nothing to do with it. I'm definitely getting disenchanted with them at this point.
Stazon Splitcoast

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Don't give up. On the set anyway, lol. I had other issues as well that weren't handled to my satisfaction, but I'm sure your sets will eventually make it. But I hear ya about the frustration... it's so hard to see everybody posting about the set knowing that you should have yours too. Hang in there!
Swapper of the Month August 2012

I've had both good and bad experience with their customer service. I too am still waiting for my anniversary set. On the other hand when they sent the wrong ink color a replacement was at my door with in 4 days and they told me to keep the other one! But then again where are those Out on a Limb sayings that were promised to be replaced???? Where oh where could those be....HMMMM. I love PTI! But I agree that their britches got big fast and they need to change things to help the customer service points!
Matboard Maniac

I love PTI stamp sets. I found their service to be great as long as there are no questions and problems!. It took me 4 weeks, even more emails (like and the threat of fighting my charges on my credit card to finally get my problems resolved. Further more-I sent an email when it was all over about the poor service and never got a response. So what do I do, I still order stamps-quit ordering paper etc. I really think they have gotten so busy-but they still operate like a very small business-in the end they will hurt themselves unless they fix the customer service issues.

I love their stamps and design.
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupojafaView Post
But then again where are those Out on a Limb sayings that were promised to be replaced???? Where oh where could those be....HMMMM.

I got these replacements mailed in the box with my anniversary set.
Gabfest Goddess

With the free sets, we really have no recourse, and that is frustrating. If there were issues, and they were caught off guard by something, they should acknowledge it, post an apology and then we can move on. But when they quit replying, and make promises that aren't true (like telling me mine was on the way when it wasn't), my impression of the company goes downhill. I'm not even sure why this is so difficult. I was sent an e-mail way back when listing what I bought that qualified and that I had bought enough. They really advertised this for a LONG time, getting us all excited.

Two things are for sure: their products are nice and (2) they need to grow their customer service in proportion to the growth of the company.

I hope it comes, but geez, you know how hard it is to wait for something you KNOW is on its way.... to wait for something 95 percent of the people have had for three weeks and then be TOLD its on its way and it never comes. PURE TORTURE!

Cindy
Stampin' Fool

I got my Out on a Limb replacement phrases with my Anniversary Set. I emailed them about 4 stamps in the Wedding Day set that ripped when I was trying to separate them from each other and the carrier sheet. They responded within a few hours and I had new stamps in my hand in 2 days. (They were linear stamps, very narrow, very long) I've never had anything but good customer service, so I'm sorry you're experiencing something else!
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
I'm sorry that you all have the same issue, but I will admit it's nice to have others in the same boat! I did e-mail the customer service e-mail. Three days later I was told I did qualify (that they had checked) and "one was one the way out to me." That implied that it was already on the way, in the mail, right? I would assume. That will be two weeks this Wed., so obviously it was not on the way. I e-mailed last Monday, and no response.

I kind of agree with the above poster... it seems like customer service has not kept up with the growth. I would say that 90 percent of the time, things are fine, but from my experience, when things don't go perfectly, it's like it really spirals downhill fast. One time I didn't get the second set of stamps in my set. I e-mailed and almost immediately was told SORRY, and that it would be on the way ASAP. TWO WEEKS went by and NOTHING. Finally, on the THIRD e-mail, they profusely apologized and the set was there a week later or so. And to tell you the truth, if that was me and my company, I would have enclosed a gift certificate for the mixup and the trouble. They admitted the forgot twice. It's just good customer service to send a token. I have that happen all the time.... when my son got the wrong contacts from 1800 contacts, we got a $10 gift cert. and note, when my daughter's bathing suit clasp broke TWICE, we got a $50 gift cert. I mean, at least a personal note. I'm really starting to get down on the company. It's hard, too, because I really love their CS. But what if my order is ever wrong? What do I do? I'm just not sure if it's worth the risk.

And I hope I don't get bashed for these comments because I KNOW that their stuff is awesome and the transactions are good most of the time, but this is just kind of weighing on my mind.

All right. Thanks so much. Please post back if you get the set, and I'll do the same!

Cindy
No bashing here! I love papertrey and think there stuff is great however I am getting the distinct feeling that there customers service is starting to really suffer lately. They are super great on getting release orders out in a timely manner but as far as back issues and emails they are lacking lately. So far I have not had many issues (that warrant an email) but am worried the one time I order I will. Than how long will it be before they resolve the issue. Like the above poster this is my opinion. I still love them and order faithfully every month. So please no unkind words.
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by cupojafaView Post
I've had both good and bad experience with their customer service. I too am still waiting for my anniversary set. On the other hand when they sent the wrong ink color a replacement was at my door with in 4 days and they told me to keep the other one! But then again where are those Out on a Limb sayings that were promised to be replaced???? Where oh where could those be....HMMMM. I love PTI! But I agree that their britches got big fast and they need to change things to help the customer service points!
I got my Out on a Limb replacement set through regular mail the other day. It was in a business envelope. I still haven't received my Anniversary set. I received an email from customer service saying that it was sent out a week ago, but obviously not or I would have received it by now. They are not responding to follow up email requests. I sure hope they get their act together. Nicole has wonderful designs, but I don't like the fact they are not responding to emails because they received a lot of them.
Gabfest Goddess

Theresa... no one here is bashing. It is obvious that there are some issues and we have all spent WEEKS trying to resolve them the right way, and using plenty of patience. We've all praised their products. But when dozens and dozens of people are not getting honest communication and/or any communication at all, we should be concerned. Everyone here has been very nice... very understanding... but it is clear that there is a problem somewhere.

Cindy
Crimping Master

I am a huge fan of PTI, but I agree they might be having some customer service issues. I emailed them about a roll of stitched ribbon I received that had spots all over it. I was told a new roll would be sent out. Two weeks later I emailed wondering if the ribbon had gone out yet. I was told to send back the damaged roll and they would replace it. That is fine, but I offered to do that in my first email. So I waited two weeks for nothing. Now I have to wait for the old roll to get there and wait again for the new roll to get here. I also told them I did not receive the Berry Sweet replacement stamp with the other replacements, and no one has even mentioned that in the emails. I hope I'll get that eventually! They do a fantastic job of getting out new releases, but may need a little help to handle customer concerns.

Now this will NOT keep me from ordering again next month, since I love their stamps and paper. But I will cross my fingers that there are no issues with my order!
Polyshrink Goddess

Well I sent my first and only e-mail last Monday (21st). I received an e-mail on the 22nd that they would be mailed *in the next couple of days*. Got them just a few minutes ago! I deliberately waited until after the 18th per their request and used the *Contact Us* on their website.

I would think that if you still haven't received a response from last Monday, that something fell through the cracks. I would try again. If they don't respond within 24 hrs, try again. And do it every day or so until you receive a response. Waiting days to receive the actual stamp is fine, but you should receive a response that they read your e-mail within a day or so!
Gabfest Goddess

daisyboo ... I like what you wrote. I will wait and see if it's in today's mail. If not, I'll e-mail them again and will do so daily until I hear something. See, that's exactly it (what you wrote above). If they told me they would have it here by May 15, I'd be fine! It's just a matter of info. But when they say it is on the way and nothing, and then they won't reply, that's just not cool... it's not good biz. It's all about honest info with me.
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogwomanView Post
I got my Out on a Limb replacement set through regular mail the other day. It was in a business envelope. I still haven't received my Anniversary set. I received an email from customer service saying that it was sent out a week ago, but obviously not or I would have received it by now.
I am in the EXACT situation! But I did get a reply to my second request over the weekend. They said it was sent and I should have it "soon."
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Theresa... no one here is bashing. It is obvious that there are some issues and we have all spent WEEKS trying to resolve them the right way, and using plenty of patience. We've all praised their products. But when dozens and dozens of people are not getting honest communication and/or any communication at all, we should be concerned. Everyone here has been very nice... very understanding... but it is clear that there is a problem somewhere.

Cindy
Cindy I think you misunderstood the end of my post. I meant no bashing ME for saying my peace about PTI. I didn't mean don't bash PTI. I wrote that at the end of my post because I have seen posts like this get really ugly because it seems other don't like to hear unfavorable things about PTI. And yes I do completely understand everyones frustration about the issue with PTI. My comment was in favor of others on this post not PTI.
Gabfest Goddess

Theresa... sorry about the misunderstanding! I was kind of confused because you did seem to be saying what I was saying, then the "bashing" thing threw me. I know what you mean now.... I worked hard to get that free set and ... well... I WANT IT!

NavyWyf--- lucky you getting a reply! Mine's been sitting there since last Monday (my second e-mail) with no reply. Please post back when you get your set. I am wondering when they will actually mail them. If they are out and are waiting, that's fine, just let us know!!! I'd rather have the honest truth than "the check is in the mail" types of replies, you know?

Cindy
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Theresa... sorry about the misunderstanding! I was kind of confused because you did seem to be saying what I was saying, then the "bashing" thing threw me. I know what you mean now.... I worked hard to get that free set and ... well... I WANT IT!

NavyWyf--- lucky you getting a reply! Mine's been sitting there since last Monday (my second e-mail) with no reply. Please post back when you get your set. I am wondering when they will actually mail them. If they are out and are waiting, that's fine, just let us know!!! I'd rather have the honest truth than "the check is in the mail" types of replies, you know?

Cindy
No problem. That is the trouble with posting online. You know how you mean something in your head but at times in posts it comes across differently. I truly hope you and the others with your situation get things resolved real soon.
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you all posted any of this on the PTI Forum on their site?
Ive heard they delete negative posts, so just wondering. Nichole doesnt have her PTI forum here anymore, so maybe going to the one she hosts would help?
I stopped buying months ago.

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Crimping Master

I posted my question on the PTI forum because I didn't get a response to my first email. Nicole asked me to email customer service. I thought that was funny because they had not replied to my email questioning whether my set was actually sent.

I just went and checked the PTI forum. They took down my post. It wasn't even rude. It was just a question.

Last edited by frogwoman; 04-28-2008 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: Added additional comment
Stazon Splitcoast

Customer service has become a real problem there, that's for sure. I did get my anniversary set on time, but I had a past problem that was handled like this. I hope PTI can get this figured out *soon*.
Proud Fan Club Member

The devil is always in the details. I became Ops Manager for a small one-of-a-kind company. Their CS was horrible. That was the first thing I tackled.

They were great at "taking" the money but nuttin else.
Rubber Obsessor

I've certainly been afraid to express anything remotely "negative" about PTI for fear of getting bashed by PTI lovers, but I have not been happy these past months myself. It seems almost every month now I have some problem with my order - wrong item, missing item, etc. - and I have had to email several times to get things resolved. Or I'll email and get no repsonse and then a replacement item will show up in the mail - ummm, I'd really like a response to acknowledge that my email was received and know how my issue will be taken care of. I've already stopped buying every new item every month - boy, I was a good and faithful customer - and don't know how much longer I'll be ordering ANYTHING. I surely hope they fix their customer service issues soon.

{My Gallery}
Proud Fan Club Member

It is what it is...watch the hips, not the lips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksaegerView Post
I've certainly been afraid to express anything remotely "negative" about PTI for fear of getting bashed by PTI lovers, but I have not been happy these past months myself. It seems almost every month now I have some problem with my order - wrong item, missing item, etc. - and I have had to email several times to get things resolved. Or I'll email and get no repsonse and then a replacement item will show up in the mail - ummm, I'd really like a response to acknowledge that my email was received and know how my issue will be taken care of. I've already stopped buying every new item every month - boy, I was a good and faithful customer - and don't know how much longer I'll be ordering ANYTHING. I surely hope they fix their customer service issues soon.
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
Ive heard they delete negative posts, so just wondering. Nichole doesnt have her PTI forum here anymore, so maybe going to the one she hosts would help?
How come? (just curious)

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkaliciousView Post
Gee ... with this talk, this has me concerned. So far, knock on wood, I have had no issues with them. Inkalicious, if you do not mind me asking, why did you stop buying? You can answer in vague terms....I don't need specifics. Was your problem similar to what has been happening to everyone here that has posted? Just want to find out what is going on with this company that I love!

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Don't give up. On the set anyway, lol. I had other issues as well that weren't handled to my satisfaction, but I'm sure your sets will eventually make it. But I hear ya about the frustration... it's so hard to see everybody posting about the set knowing that you should have yours too. Hang in there!
I take that back...what I received on Saturday was the replacement stamps ONLY, the ones from previous sets that were either missing a sentiment or had a defect. I didn't even look closely at it, mainly because I just wasn't in a good frame of mind, lol. It was in just a regular business envelope, not that I expected any of the normal wrapping or box.

Then TODAY I received a Priority mail package with my anniversary set. No note or anything, just the set. At least it's here, so I imagine sooner or later yours will be too. I try not to make too many drastic decisions when I'm irritated, lol, so I'm not going to say I won't buy again. But I'd probably think about it a little more than I have in the past.
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

To get back to the OP's original question, which was "any ideas" on how to get her set.

You have few choices:

1. wait for the set (it will come eventually)
2. continue to send emails or letters to the company
3. complain here at SCS or other public forums (that can be quite effective, although I'm sure it is maddening for the companies involved and can backfire!)

Other than these 3 things, I can think of nothing else that you can do to get the set you earned. (hugs)
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't speak for Inkalicious, just for me. :-) I think most of you know I was a former PTI groupie. Then one order, it didn't come and didn't come. My sister, who lives 10 miles away and ordered *after* I did, had her order for days. I emailed, but never received anything back. Then I posted on the old PTI SCS forum, and magically received my order 4 days later. No email. Nothing.

Then more recently, I tried to get some information on when a Palette Noir re-inker would be in. No response. So I posted on the new PTI board, got a "we'll check into it," and never heard another word. Others even asked on the same thread, and got nothing. So I ordered from someone else.

I did order the Pond Life set--very cute. I added the yellow cardstocks, ink cubes, and twill, 'cause I'm a sucker for yellows. I received them, but I was disappointed to find that the Lemon (at least to my eyes) looked just like Barely Banana. The Summer one exactly matches my old Marigold Morning. Interesting how those colors weren't included in the preview comparisons. Made me feel like I got tricked.

So I wish PTI well, but I would be reluctant to order again. The sheer number of things in the releases overwhelms me (which is my problem, not theirs). It doesn't feel like it's about the little people--otherwise known as customers--any more. I've lost that lovin' feelin. LOL I agree with whoever above said that it's fine if your order goes right through. It's when there's a breakdown that it's tough to get any action at all. It's really too bad. I hope they get things fixed.
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
I added the yellow cardstocks, ink cubes, and twill, 'cause I'm a sucker for yellows. I received them, but I was disappointed to find that the Lemon (at least to my eyes) looked just like Barely Banana. The Summer one exactly matches my old Marigold Morning. Interesting how those colors weren't included in the preview comparisons. Made me feel like I got tricked.
Both those colors are on the comparison post (the bottom colors) here.

However, I understand the disappointment that they are sooo close in color.

I'm also waiting for an annivesary set. I qualified for 2 but only received one. I have emails from customer service and from Rick saying that they were sorry and the second would be in the mail (this was just before the April 15 release) but it has not arrived yet. However, it usually takes a week to arrive and since I know they got slugged for the release I was going to wait until the middle of this week to see if they arrive before trying another email. And my lemon tart paper arrived with the one corner buggered up but I'm just going to live with it. That's more the fault of the post office than PTI.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Knit, Purl, Stamp

Quote:

Originally Posted by amysingsView Post
I did order the Pond Life set--very cute. I added the yellow cardstocks, ink cubes, and twill, 'cause I'm a sucker for yellows. I received them, but I was disappointed to find that the Lemon (at least to my eyes) looked just like Barely Banana. The Summer one exactly matches my old Marigold Morning. Interesting how those colors weren't included in the preview comparisons. Made me feel like I got tricked.
Just an FYI - Barely Banana and Marigold Morning were both included in the comparison photo.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capt...il-colors.html

I've had nothing but good experiences with PTI, but I think they may have out-grown their staff. A case of too much of a good thing maybe? They just can't keep up with the demands of the company. I hope they have plans to enlarge their customer service staff or there will be more threads like this in the future :(

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, thanks. I must have missed that the first time thru. I remember thinking, "Oh, I guess I didn't wait to see *all* the color comparisons!" But as you said, *very* close. I am greedy for yellows, so I guess I was just *hoping* too hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
Both those colors are on the comparison post (the bottom colors) here.

However, I understand the disappointment that they are sooo close in color.