Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2008, 09:58 AM   #81  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampininthesunView Post
but think of how much fun you'll have using it when it arrives.
You know, I'm not so sure about that at this point...

My Blog - New!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Question for those of you who are thinking you should receive a 2nd set...what is the reasoning as to why they did not send it?
In my case it was that the first 2 sets I ever ordered were sent to a different address (but in the same zip code and with the same email address) so when I hit that little button that Rick had programmed to show you how many sets you had purchased, it showed that I had 24 sets, thus qualifying for 2 anniversary sets. I guess though that when they went to ship them they must have used something different for determining how many sets to send.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Pearl-ExPert

Again I have not ordered from PTI but I don't think the issue is having to wait for their goodies anymore it is more about the lack of CS and the dishonest way they seem to be going about things. JMO!
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm a neutral party too. I've looked at their site and have thought about ordering but would really hesitate at this point. Customer Service is a huge issue to me. I used to work in JCPenny's customer service department. My husband and I also own our own business. It not unusual for my husband to work morning until past dark to get everything done. If we need to hire someone we do. A single person has only so many hours in a day. To expect customers to patiently wait is not realistic. What being in business is about is your customers. Without them you don't have a business. Word of mouth is so important. You want your customers to be so happy with you that they love to share their great experiences.
Gabfest Goddess

Patti... that's exactlly it. I can wait, but communication, honest at that, is FREE, so let's have it!
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazzzmomyView Post
You know, I'm not so sure about that at this point...
LOL that's what I was just thinking. I've been waiting for this set for months now, I'm just so over it already, which is sad because I was SO excited I wouldn't look, because I just KNEW it would come quick. Then it didn't and now I don't even really care how fab it might be, it's got bad ju-ju all over it :mrgreen:

As for being willing to deal with growing pains...if things took longer than expected, it's not so much the growing pains that bother me, it's the way they respond to the problems. It's not unprofessional to make a mistake, it's unprofessional to deal with it the way they have.
Pearl-ExPert

Default You can do it!

Poor PTI! I know they mean well in trying to give good customer service. I think we all know what Nicole is trying to achieve with her company. It just took off too fast. Maybe if they had not done so many releasesa at once, things could have been handled easier??

Totally agree with the communication issues. And they should not be deleting negative comments. It's like shoveling dirt under a rug.

I, too, hope they sort things out and maintain their customer base. It would be a shame if they lost a large portion. It takes time to build back a customers' loyalty. And sometimes, you never get it back.

I'm rootin' for you PTI! You can do it!

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Kookie Creator

Well, my set did arrive today...better late than never, right?

But alas, no replacement stamps for the sets that are supposed to have them. Don't know if I even have it in me to fight for those at this point...

Hope everyone else receives theirs soon, too!

My Blog - New!!
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by denidillView Post
Poor PTI! I know they mean well in trying to give good customer service. I think we all know what Nicole is trying to achieve with her company. It just took off too fast. Maybe if they had not done so many releasesa at once, things could have been handled easier??

Totally agree with the communication issues. And they should not be deleting negative comments. It's like shoveling dirt under a rug.

I, too, hope they sort things out and maintain their customer base. It would be a shame if they lost a large portion. It takes time to build back a customers' loyalty. And sometimes, you never get it back.

I'm rootin' for you PTI! You can do it!
I agree with you. I hope people don't give up on PTI so quickly. I know I won't!
Rubber Obsessor

Default anniversary/replacement sets

I don't mind waiting for it, as long as I know when I'll get it. I think Nicole should at least put a note in her blog or somewhere on the forum what the status is on the anniversary/replacement sets - will surely help in not having to answer so many emails and disgrunted customers.
Matboard Maniac

I'm surprised no one from PTI responded to this thread yet..
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a message posted on Thursday, April 24th from Rick on the PTI forum under the Anniversary thread that is a sticky at the top, page 13:

Quote:

I am so sorry you are still waiting.....and I hate to post this customer service response here....but I think anyone waiting will benefit....

This has been an ongoing process.....and I have been adding names daily to the list of folks who qualified. Julie and Jane sent out the initial stamps to the big list I sent them. I have been receiving emails daily since then, and they are doing their best to get them out as quick as they can.

I know I have sent them 5 different lists....and they have knocked out two or three of them, but I think they have another 100 or so folks to get out....and they should all be out by the end of the weekend. Please have patience and know that if you received an email from me saying that you are on the list....that you WILL get your set. There is no need to confirm that you are getting it....it will arrive....I promise you. And I know you are getting impatient....but they are working as fast as they can, all the while shipping the daily orders and working on customer service issues...

I know it is hard to wait...but every time they stop what they are doing to see if they have sent out a particular set, it slows down the whole process...

I have about 20 or 30 more folks that have emailed me in the last day or two to see if they qualified...and I will get to them in the morning. A few of you have emailed me, and when I sent your reply it bounced...

So, please be patient and know that we are doing everything we can to get the rest of them out in the next few days....
Die Cut Diva

I've personally never had a problem with PTI. My orders arrive within a week or so. I received my anniversary set and replacement stamps for Out On a Limb about a week after others had posted that they got theirs. (I had ordered using two different email addresses but thankfully this was sorted out.) One time I had found a flaw on a stamp and I received a replacement stamp within a week. I'm still a fan! However I do wish that the monthly releases were only a set (or two) as it was easier to decide what to buy!!
Mad Swapper

subscribing
Pearl-ExPert

Maybe I'm naive, but I would think that even a negative topic is good in the long run because it gives a company a chance to explain what is going on. It does bother me that the forum over at PTI is all lovey-dovey. I have to say that I, too, miss having PTI here on SCS.

BTW...I didn't order enough to earn the free set and after seeing all the samples I'm not heartbroken. I have mixed reactions to the last few months releases and haven't hopped on the new color bandwagon yet. If the colors aren't unique...why bother?
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Update - 2 of my replacement stamps arrived today. Looks like PTI is getting caught up so hopefully everyone will have their stamps by the end of the week.
Forum Fanatic

Received 164 Likes on 141 Posts

So far I have received nothing but exemplary service from PTI, my orders have all arrived very quickly, and my anniversary set and replacement stamps from Out on A Limb arrived quickly as well. I'm sorry that some of you have had some problems but I truly believe it is mostly because they have grown so fast. It sounds like they are truly trying to resolve the problems and explain the situation to those of you who are still waiting for your sets. For myself I will continue to order from them as I love their products and have been happy with their service and what I've received so far. Give them a little more time to work out their growing pains, I'm sure they are doing all they can to try to get everyone's problems resolved as quickly as possible.
Stampin' Fool

I do like Papertrey very much, and am still patiently waiting for my anniversary set. I'm hoping it will arrive before the weekend.
I'm working on baby announcement for my new grandson, so I've got plenty to keep me busy until they get here.
There are so many things available now from PT, but my budget doesn't allow me to get all of the new goodies.
Pearl-ExPert

I've only ordered twice, but have had good experience with their shipping. If I were to experience some issues, I would say that they are mitigated by the quality of the materials and all of the great ideas Nichole shares on her blog. That is a great service in of itself. To me, Paper Trey is more than a place to order stamps -- it's a great source of design ideas for me. I hope those who are waiting receive their stamps soon, without further frustration.
Mad Swapper

I am sorry to everyone who is having issues. I have ordered twice from them and had a great experience and love their products.

I know not everyone is going to have the same experience with a company. I had a bad experience with another popular SCS company, as did some other people. I kind of felt like people who had great experiences with this company were making people fell bad for speaking up about their not texperience with Papertrey isn't made to fell like that. I think it is important to let people know of your experience, good or bad.

Papertrey had grown very quickly and hopefully they can get the extra customer service staff it seems as though they need. I do wish thought they did not leave as a SCS member company, I understand why they did, but I am not too crazy about their forum.
Die Cut Diva

Does anyone know if they are still mailing anniversary/replacement sets? I STILL don't have mine and I was told the last of them would be mailed last week.
Die Cut Diva

I just received my replacement stamps yesterday in the mail. They came in a white business envelope. My email that I sent on Monday inquiring about them went unanswered. I guess the policy is if they are in the mail, it doesn't warrant a response! So much for 72 hours response time!

My Little Blog! Amy's Inky Fingers
Stazon Splitcoast

I actually think the policy is that mailing it to you is an adequate substitute for a response. And while receipt of product is a great priority, I feel like I should be entitled to a response, too.

They usually get a lot done on the weekends, after their real jobs, so maybe the last of the sets will go out this weekend, myhappyplace.

I really do understand how difficult it is to run a business--I started keeping books for our family business when I was 13, so I think I have a good perspective on that sort of thing. :-) I also know that no matter how good your product is, you have to make customer service a priority or no one will be left to *buy* your product. People can be patient for awhile, but then they start to feel mistreated.
Kookie Creator

I was a little disappointed in the beginning when I started ordering from them because I had some defective stamps that I had to return at my expense, and then they did mail the replacements out promptly. I didn't receive any compensation for it (postage). I just chalked it up to the fact that they were new.
I haven't had any issues since then - I have been very pleased. I do think they should have a toll-free number (and someone to answer!) so that customers can get in touch with them.
Their products are top-notch in my opinion!
Proud Fan Club Member

Speaking of PTI and CS....

Do you think this is the line they are selling?

http://www.paper-papers.com/French-P...OVER-25PK
Die Cut Diva

I don't think so. The weight of the PTI card stock is 110 lb. The paper from the link below is only 65 lb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoStampsView Post

http://www.paper-papers.com/French-P...OVER-25PK.html
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddictedtoStampsView Post

http://www.paper-papers.com/French-P...OVER-25PK.html
Do you mean for the white or the colored cs? I have a sampler from Marcos I can compare to the white. I don't use it but I have some I ordered.

I'm just going to dispute the charges with my credit card and paypal. My neighbor also had a problem with an online store not sending something and she said she filed a complaint with the state the store was based in.

I emailed and even checked their forums to see if they had just updated there and still nothing. It's been well over a week since the last of the stamps were supposed to have been mailed out. I think it's disgraceful.
Die Cut Diva

Since the anniversary set is free, there wouldn't be anything to dispute. People have posted that they've been receiving the anniversary sets this week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by myhappyplaceView Post
Do you mean for the white or the colored cs? I have a sampler from Marcos I can compare to the white. I don't use it but I have some I ordered.

I'm just going to dispute the charges with my credit card and paypal. My neighbor also had a problem with an online store not sending something and she said she filed a complaint with the state the store was based in.

I emailed and even checked their forums to see if they had just updated there and still nothing. It's been well over a week since the last of the stamps were supposed to have been mailed out. I think it's disgraceful.
Mad Swapper

I have ordered just a few things for them with no problems and have not had to e-mail customer service. But, just reading up on these threads, I'm swaying in the way of not buying anymore. It sounds like the products have had some issues (3 sets in 1 year need replacements) and that customer service lacks. The sets are adorable and stamp beautifully when they are made correctly (I know they don't physically make them). I love Nicole's blog and all the great ideas, but if you can't keep up with your customer service, something needs to change. hire full time people, allow other people access to customer ordering info, cut back on the amnt. of items released monthly, release bimonthly, don't offer an anniversary set if you can't get it out to the customers...
Again, I love what I have gotten and I love the samples I see, very creative and right up my alley, But great customer service goes a long way, especially when they are so many up and coming stamp companies to spend my "limited" craft budget on.
Gabfest Goddess

People need to remember that is just a few people out of the thousands of people that order from them every month. I am sorry that things haven't gone like you'd like. There were definitely some bugs as far as the anniversary sets, but I have faith that they will learn from it and things will be much smoother next year. If someone posted a thead asking for good experinces, it would be much longer than this one. I'm not making light of anyone's experiences or opinions, just saying that it is not the norm for the company for those who have never ordered from them before. No company out there can please everyone 100% of the time.

Also, there were not three sets needing replacements. One set needed some stamps replaced. There was a mix up with 2 sets (released at the same time) where the web view was accidentally not changed to remove a sentiment that did not fit during manufacturing. PTI had the extra sentiment stamps made and mailed them to customers who ordered the sets prior to the web view being changed.
Polyshrink Goddess

I empathize with those of you that have had negative experiences with PTI. I for one have always had super customer support and will continue to order from the company that has become one of my personal favorites. I agree that there have been some bugs here and there and also agree that perhaps PTI could improve their overall customer service; however, I think there are some very important things to remember:

For one, the anniversary set is a gift from the company to their customers. I'm sure that there were several last minute orders from customers hoping to qualify for the set (I was one of them). Those orders more than likely left PTI a little unprepared. It wouldn't have made any sense for PTI to order a gazillion sets since they are not selling the set at any time. Ordering more than they needed would have wrapped-up funds that would not be recovered. Who knows how short that left them and if they had to have more sets manufactured. I don't know how long that takes, but I'm sure it's a significant chunk of time.

Another important thing to remember is that personal attacks never improve a situation. The only posts that I ever noticed (that doesn't mean there weren't others, it just means that these were the ones I noticed) having been deleted from the PTI board were those containing severe and unnecessary personal attacks against the people involved in the company.

And lastly, emailing 5 times a day is only going to junk up the customer service inbox and make it that much harder for Julie, Rick, or anyone else to figure out to whom they have responded. Inundating PTI with threats and demands is not going to make the process move any faster. Maybe we all need to take a deep breath and realize that they are doing the best that they can at the moment and hopefully all of these growing pains will only make this company stronger and more fantastic.

I truly do empathize with those of you that are not pleased, but you will attract more bees with honey. Let's all remain hopeful and do our best to make PTI even better.

Sorry this is soooooo long!
Kookie Creator

I don't think anyone would disagree with the statements above....yes, PTI is a new company; yes, the anniversary set was a "gift" (but remember that we had to PURCHASE 12 sets to EARN it) from PTI; no, personal attacks do not get anyone anywhere.

However, the one thing that has come through very clear on this thread is that most people are quite happy with good communication and the truth.

Plain and simple.

My Blog - New!!
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
Since the anniversary set is free, there wouldn't be anything to dispute. People have posted that they've been receiving the anniversary sets this week.
Actually there is according to my cc company. I'm sure the attorney general in there state would say it also falls under false advertising. A promotion was run and I purchased stamps based on that promotion. I then received an incomplete shipment because the promo set was not there. So there is something to dispute but I think it's sad that it comes down to a company making people think, well, it's "free" so don't complain when we don't follow through. That's the big defense. So what, should I just not expect it? Should I just wait an be happy that I get it whenever they're good and ready to send it?

the biggest problem in all of this is not that things take longer than expected, it's the absolute failure to communicate and follow through. I have emailed CS several times and get no response. We have already passed the 72 hours they tell you is the usual wait time.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeCritterView Post
I empathize with those of you that have had negative experiences with PTI. I for one have always had super customer support and will continue to order from the company that has become one of my personal favorites. I agree that there have been some bugs here and there and also agree that perhaps PTI could improve their overall customer service; however, I think there are some very important things to remember:

For one, the anniversary set is a gift from the company to their customers. I'm sure that there were several last minute orders from customers hoping to qualify for the set (I was one of them). Those orders more than likely left PTI a little unprepared. It wouldn't have made any sense for PTI to order a gazillion sets since they are not selling the set at any time. Ordering more than they needed would have wrapped-up funds that would not be recovered. Who knows how short that left them and if they had to have more sets manufactured. I don't know how long that takes, but I'm sure it's a significant chunk of time.

Another important thing to remember is that personal attacks never improve a situation. The only posts that I ever noticed (that doesn't mean there weren't others, it just means that these were the ones I noticed) having been deleted from the PTI board were those containing severe and unnecessary personal attacks against the people involved in the company.

And lastly, emailing 5 times a day is only going to junk up the customer service inbox and make it that much harder for Julie, Rick, or anyone else to figure out to whom they have responded. Inundating PTI with threats and demands is not going to make the process move any faster. Maybe we all need to take a deep breath and realize that they are doing the best that they can at the moment and hopefully all of these growing pains will only make this company stronger and more fantastic.

I truly do empathize with those of you that are not pleased, but you will attract more bees with honey. Let's all remain hopeful and do our best to make PTI even better.

Sorry this is soooooo long!
I think most people are willing to understand a rush of last minute orders or a supplier taking long to get something to them. I was never annoyed at a defective stamp or something being spelled wrong or even a stamp being shown that should have been removed. These things happen and it's not a big deal. The big deal is the failure to follow through and the failure to update the website to reflect current info and respond to emails in the time frame they are supposed to. I don't even care that you have to wait 72 hours for a response. Why? Because they tell you right there on the website.

so what would it take to put a post on the PTI website (not blogs or message boards, I shouldn't have to hunt for the info) that the last of the sets will by mailed out by X date. If you have not received your set by 1 week after please callxxxxx If we experience any further delays we will update you here.
Hardware Hotshot

I have ordered from PTI several times, and have never been disappointed.
My shipment usually arrives pretty fast, and everything has been great so far!
I love their colors of paper, ink and ribbons!! I will definately continue to order from them!:cool:
Mad Swapper

I personally have had mostly positive experiences with PTI and will continue to be a faithful buyer. However it really burns me when I see comments (like in this post ) suggesting to those that have this issue that they should basically give PTI the credit and just deal with it until they come through with there end of the bargain. These people kept their end of the deal and bought 12 sets and now expect to have their anniversary set within a reasonable amount time. So far that has not happened. It seems like they are being kept in the dark and not properly updated as to when their set should arrive. They are emailing with no response and when they get a response they are being told it is the mail to still not have it weeks later. I don't care if this only happened to ONE person among the thousands of succesful orders. Good communication and customer service is MUST for all buying customers. It is not that hard to keep and onging UPDATE ON ANNIVERSARY post on the PTI forum to keep those in the loop that don't have their set yet. So I can see why those people that are in this issue are very frustrated and probably have run out of understanding and patience by now. I wish you the best of luck and hope this issue gets resolved REAL SOON. In my opinion you have been patient enough!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I posted earlier that I cut some slack to a new business, and I do.

However, I have to agree with one point made here (well, at least one!).

The anniversary set is not a gift. Not in the legal or ethical or plain sense of the word. Customers paid for it -- you buy 12, you get 1 extra. The cost of that set and the postage to mail it is factored into PTI's costs. Customers bought 12 sets with the knowledge that if they did so, they would get a 13th set.

It's only a gift if a company says "We've decided to send a set to everyone who bought 12 sets during the past year." And they make that announcement after the fact. Then it is a gift!
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Canadian prairie girl, lost in all the wind and snow!

I was just about to post the same type of response. You said it well!
I have ordered quite a few sets from PTI. I think I was about 2 sets short of receiving the anniversary set...I didn't order more right before as I wasn't in the mood at the time to shell out more money on duties when it comes over into Canada....so I sucked it up and didn't order right before the cutoff. I know though, that if I decided to order to get my ann. set and this happened, I would be ticked.
I have never had an issue with PTI, ever, but that don't mean I am not upset for you all...and really guarded about ordering again from them. I do agree that negativity doesn't usually get you anywhere, as some have said. BUT in this situation, I really believe these women have no other choice but to bring this out in the open. They HAVE been patient and nice and haven't really gotten too far, so this is the next step for them. I really hope that PTI can make this right, and post something on their site at LEAST acknowledging this or I don't believe I will order anything else. They just need to say, "Hey, we screwed up and should have kept y'all in the loop, but we are bucking up and making things right for you gals!"....good luck to you all and please keep us posted!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I posted earlier that I cut some slack to a new business, and I do.

However, I have to agree with one point made here (well, at least one!).

The anniversary set is not a gift. Not in the legal or ethical or plain sense of the word. Customers paid for it -- you buy 12, you get 1 extra. The cost of that set and the postage to mail it is factored into PTI's costs. Customers bought 12 sets with the knowledge that if they did so, they would get a 13th set.

It's only a gift if a company says "We've decided to send a set to everyone who bought 12 sets during the past year." And they make that announcement after the fact. Then it is a gift!
Kookie Creator

I adore PTI, the ideas, stamps, colors, and usually their customer service. I will always be a customer, even through the frustrations. My following opinions aren't meant to just slam PTI (because I know they have good intentions), but to give ideas for the future of the "Come Grow with Us" program. That being said...

It is MAY! I originally thought the anniversary set would be mailed out very quickly and I couldn't hardly wait until February. Two months later... I finally got my set...after going through March and April releases! In my opinion, they should have had those out before the March release. They are asking us to buy more for their next "Come Grow with Us" set before they made right with the first year's set.

If many qualified at the last minute, then communicate with those that theirs might arrive a little later than those that qualified much earlier than that (because PTI would have known by January a good estimate of how many had already qualified and had those manufactured plus a little extra.) It was no surprise that this anniversary date was coming... they had all year to design the set and get a good spreadsheet or whatever they used to track purchases and keep it current. The fact that is now May and many LOYAL and FAITHFUL customers still don't have the set is pretty inexcusable. The joy that many had looking forward to this is gone. That is really sad. This should have had priority because it wasn't a "free" gift, it was earned through the expense of approx. $288 ($24 x 12) just on stamps. Many bought paper, ink, boxes, etc with those stamp orders. In this economy, they should make sure their loyal customers are happy, even if it means forgoing the next release. I really hope that they have learned valuable lessons for continuing to improve their service.

I'd love to hear from Nichole on this thread, I want to hear her heart. It is time for clear and concise communication.
Polyshrink Goddess

There is a forum for the Cricut and when the software came out there were problems. There were many posts with people posting all of the problems that they were having. None of those posts were deleted. Many of them were addressed by the Cricut people and some were addressed by others on the forum with answers. I think it was really helpful for people to have an outlet to vent a little and to seek help. Its sad that Paper Trey isn't openly posting on their forum about this issue and allowing others to do so.