Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2008, 10:35 AM   #121  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered from papertrey almost every month, i have always received my order in less than 1 week. This is a brand new company, that appears to have taken on alittle more than what they had prepared to. People are just way to impatient in this country. I have ordered from one company and it took a month to get my order, but it did come.where do these people live! i ordered from a company in Canada and it usually takes at least 2 weeks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Gallery Gazer

I am sorry to hear about negative experiences some have had with PTI, but I must say my experiences have been nothing but exemplary. I have received everything in my orders in a timely manner beautifully and carefully packed. (Unless I forgot to order something - wish I could order via telepathy!!) I also lost a sentiment out of a set and emailed them about purchasing a replacement. The replacement was free and sent quickly.

I hope that those who have not tried PTI arefully not deterred in ordering their wonderful products. I hope they can improve their customer service to help lighten the load for one person.
Pearl-ExPert

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't order from PTI. Never have so I have no complaints or compliments. But I wonder if the people who write about their marvelous experiences & how they don't understand why others are unhappy or mad would be so happy if they happen to be the next ones who have to wait two months for an order. If I waited that long for an order, and heard nothing from the company, I wouldn't be ordering from them again. Period.
Glitter Queen

Anyone else notice that the 6 most vocal PTI bashers here, trying to be subtle but not accomplishing it, are outspoken SU demos. Hmmm. And about PTI pulling and deleting posts--untrue. But watch how fast this site deletes posts! Just watch. 3-2-1---
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, Erinjon, welcome to Splitcoast! I notice you're pretty new here! Have you been having your posts deleted?
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by erinjonView Post
Anyone else notice that the 6 most vocal PTI bashers here, trying to be subtle but not accomplishing it, are outspoken SU demos. Hmmm. And about PTI pulling and deleting posts--untrue. But watch how fast this site deletes posts! Just watch. 3-2-1---

The only time I've know this site to delete posts is when people register more than one user name. :mrgreen: It's against the TOS

Oh and as for being SU demos, you know, we're SU demos who are saying we bought other stamps LOL so I'm not sure what your point is. yes, posts are deleted on the PTI board, I've seen a couple where someone quoted a post and referred to it but it made no sense to me because I didn't see that post earlier in the thread.

but hey, WELCOME TO SPLITCOAST!!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I guess we are all veering off a bit. Wonder if the OP ever got her set! I hope so....

Last edited by Joan B; 05-03-2008 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: more mature post!
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've liked all the products I've gotten from Papertrey. I find the customer service is sometimes lacking...at least the tone of the response I got a while back when I requested them to combine two shipments was a bit on the snippy side.

The last order I got from them, the two packs of cardstock I ordered were severely dinged in one corner. I decided to let it go because I just didn't want the hassle of dealing with their customer service after the last time. I probably will order again, but right now they are not at the top of my list.

As for abandong SU! for Papertrey cardstock...they don't have enough of a selection in their colors for me to even consider it at this point. They have 6 colors and all of them are pastels or mid-tones. They just don't have the range of value that I would want in a line of cardstock to make me switch over totally to theirs. I'll buy the colors that are different enough from SU! colors to make them attractive, but so far the ones I've bought haven't been that far off of existing SU! colors. Berry Sorbet, for instance, is a slightly darker Cameo Coral. Sweet Blush is a nice color, but is not that far off of Blush Blossom. Spring Moss, so far, is my favorite color, but it is fairly close to Certainly Celery. I don't really NEED any of PTI's colors, but it's nice to have the option of a slightly different shade on occasion. ANd they don't have matching pens, they don't have matching pastels and they don't have matching buttons, brads, eyelets or other embellishments like SU! does. I love the ribbon, but I find that a lot of it is wider than I like to use on my cards.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see what their color palette looks like after a year of new colors every month. I just hope they can straighten out their customer service problem, because the quality is certainly very good.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Actually, at the PTI forum, they have deleted a couple of posts. I don't know why as the originating posters haven't discussed publicly. There is one that I know of that had been deleted.

This one:
http://forum.papertreyink.com/phpBB3....php?f=7&t=979

I'm not sure about this one, because her post did end up in another board at the forum - so I'm only counting the one above ;) :
http://forum.papertreyink.com/phpBB3...php?f=7&t=1199
Glitter Queen

Kimberly, if you read the whole thread you will see that one of those posts was about a specific order and not needed on the forum. The admin responded. The other one was a misplaced post that was moved. When the author of the post figured it out she deleted her first post. To suggest they are removing any negative post is wrong, although I can see how you have been conditioned by other forums that do this frequently. I guess you have just come to expect that any disagreement with the powers will disappear. Not so at PTI. They have the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I have placed over 15 orders with them in the last 9 months. I had one mistake and they had the replacement item to me in under 48 hours and let me keep the original. I have had every email replied to within hours even during their very busy release times. We all know this is an SU-heavy forum and that the ladies here are shrill when it comes to defending their market share. We also know that hundreds and thousands of women have quit buying wood mounted for the other options out there. I imagine the SU demos are getting defensive. The 3 demos within 5 miles of me have all quit this year because they lost most of their 10 clubs to clear stamps. One of those demos who is one of the top sellers for the company, or was, admitted that on the last cruise there was much wailing about how the customer base has gone to clear or unmounted. I hear that one of those demos is working with a new company that will do home parties of clear stamps that has not even gone public yet. I think this is what the desperation is about on this thread. The same women that always defend anything SU does come out with teeth and nails flashing against any company that becomes the least bit popular. We have seen it over and over.
Stampin' Fool

At this point....all of the above apply to this thread! Could we quit arguing the famed "SU! vs. All Others" in a thread about frustration with CS issues?
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Kimberly, if you read the whole thread you will see that one of those posts was about a specific order and not needed on the forum. The admin responded. The other one was a misplaced post that was moved. When the author of the post figured it out she deleted her first post. To suggest they are removing any negative post is wrong, although I can see how you have been conditioned by other forums that do this frequently. I guess you have just come to expect that any disagreement with the powers will disappear. Not so at PTI. They have the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I have placed over 15 orders with them in the last 9 months. I had one mistake and they had the replacement item to me in under 48 hours and let me keep the original. I have had every email replied to within hours even during their very busy release times. We all know this is an SU-heavy forum and that the ladies here are shrill when it comes to defending their market share. We also know that hundreds and thousands of women have quit buying wood mounted for the other options out there. I imagine the SU demos are getting defensive. The 3 demos within 5 miles of me have all quit this year because they lost most of their 10 clubs to clear stamps. One of those demos who is one of the top sellers for the company, or was, admitted that on the last cruise there was much wailing about how the customer base has gone to clear or unmounted. I hear that one of those demos is working with a new company that will do home parties of clear stamps that has not even gone public yet. I think this is what the desperation is about on this thread. The same women that always defend anything SU does come out with teeth and nails flashing against any company that becomes the least bit popular. We have seen it over and over.
Who is "we"? :mrgreen: Personally, I haven't seen any teeth and nails here. You're new here (welcome!) so maybe you aren't familiar with the kinds of discussions we have on these boards. And I'll agree with myhappyplace, the only posts I've seen removed on these boards are those from people who try to sign on under multiple ids, which is against TOS.

I'm glad to hear you had good customer service. But just because you have had good customer service does not necessarily mean that others who say they have not are just trying to trash PTI. Personally, most of my orders have arrived timely, not always in the best condition, but in general I have been satisfied. I just didn't like the tone that Rick employs when he is replying to customer requests. I made my request very politely and was given a short, snippy reply that made me think he didn't read the content of my email. When I questioned further on their forum, I got a very sarcastic sounding reply. That's not good customer relations. They need to work on it. I'd say that 100% of the people who are dissatisfied with the response they've gotten to problems would be ECSTATIC if this area of their company would improve. We all like the products and want to buy them, otherwise we wouldn't have ordered to begin with.

Personally, I like Nicole and think she is a sweet person. But it's the very success she's experienced that is causing the problems. They've grown much more quickly than I think they imagined they would and they have not hired more people to handle things. From what I've heard, her staff are part time and have other jobs that are their main ones. How can people give good customer service if they are not there to handle things? How can people who are overworked manage to remain pleasant when they feel harried and stressed by their responsibilities? But even with all that, they CAN'T take this stuff out on the customer because they WILL lose them.

I use both kinds of stamps...I have found that there are people who simply do not like clear stamps; they've tried 'em and just didn't care for them. They don't want the hassle of mounting and remounting every time they stamp. They just want to grab and go.

Then there are people who prefer acrylic to all others. They like being able to see through the block to where they are stamping.

However, I don't know too many people who will not use a wood mounted rubber stamp if that is the only way the image comes that they want.

Most people, I suspect, are like me. They buy the images they like and will willingly buy both kinds of stamps. I don't see the industry swinging over to totally acrylic...it's not gonna happen. When you see that Hero Arts, arguably one of the biggest names in the industry, has NOT abandoned wood mounted rubber, but simply added the acrylic option to their line, I don't really think that wood mounted rubber is going away anytime soon. My thought is that eventually SU! will add a limited amount of acrylic sets to their line. But they will not go all acrylic as CTMH did when they switched over.

My other observation on acrylic stamps is that, yes, you get a lot of images when you buy a set of stamps. But most of the time these images are smaller than the same images the company offers in wood if they offer both. Sometimes, I just want a bigger image, so I would opt for the wood mounts in those cases.

PapertreyInk is a very small company. To suggest that they or any other small acrylic online vendor are now driving this industry is ludicrous. They couldn't handle the volume that Hero Arts or Stampin' Up! or any other big stamp manufacturer does...they have a hard enough time handling the volume they do have, if the customer feedback that has been reported here is any indicator. We talk about them here a lot because SCS helped launch their start into the industry. But I know a lot of my SU! customers have never heard of them. They are an online entity and do not do wholesale (at least, not yet) and there are still hundreds and thousands of women who (gasp!) do not buy stamps online. :shock: They've never heard of PTI. But ask them who Hero Arts or Penny Black or Technique Tuesday is and they know because these names are familiar to anyone who shops brick and mortar stores. PapertreyInk and other small online acrylic vendors do NOT drive the industry.

If I'm looking at retail indicators, I'm seeing that Hero Arts has a small portion of their catalog devoted to acrylic and the majority devoted to wood mounted rubber and I can see that they, at least, don't put all their stamping eggs in the acrylic basket. This is a company that's been around a long time and is very successful at marketing their stamps...surely if they thought that rubber stamps were a thing of the past, they would have stopped offering them by now.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Mad Swapper

What is killing any company right now isn't the wood vs acrylic issue, it's that the economy is on a downward slide and the prices of gas and food are so high that they can't use any of their money to buy hobby items. I would suspect that most companies are seeing a drop in sales right now. I love stampin' up products, but I'm always a sucker for new products, cute images, and have been sucked into the copic vortex. So, with less hobby money and more competition from new companies, less of my money is going to SU.
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Kimberly, if you read the whole thread you will see that one of those posts was about a specific order and not needed on the forum. The admin responded. The other one was a misplaced post that was moved. When the author of the post figured it out she deleted her first post. To suggest they are removing any negative post is wrong, although I can see how you have been conditioned by other forums that do this frequently.
I did read the whole thread. My response was that PTI has removed at least one post. I didn't say it was because of a negative post, just that they had removed one post. I've only had good customer service with PTI. I get my orders in a timely manner and any "fixes" have taken place within a reasonable amount of time.
Gabfest Goddess

[quote=erinjon;9720687]Kimberly, if you read the whole thread you will see that one of those posts was about a specific order and not needed on the forum. The admin responded. The other one was a misplaced post that was moved. When the author of the post figured it out she deleted her first post. To suggest they are removing any negative post is wrong, although I can see how you have been conditioned by other forums that do this frequently. I guess you have just come to expect that any disagreement with the powers will disappear. Not so at PTI. They have the best customer service I have ever dealt with. I have placed over 15 orders with them in the last 9 months. I had one mistake and they had the replacement item to me in under 48 hours and let me keep the original. I have had every email replied to within hours even during their very busy release times. We all know this is an SU-heavy forum and that the ladies here are shrill when it comes to defending their market share. We also know that hundreds and thousands of women have quit buying wood mounted for the other options out there. I imagine the SU demos are getting defensive. The 3 demos within 5 miles of me have all quit this year because they lost most of their 10 clubs to clear stamps. One of those demos who is one of the top sellers for the company, or was, admitted that on the last cruise there was much wailing about how the customer base has gone to clear or unmounted. I hear that one of those demos is working with a new company that will do home parties of clear stamps that has not even gone public yet. I think this is what the desperation is about on this thread. The same women that always defend anything SU does come out with teeth and nails flashing against any company that becomes the least bit popular. We have seen it over and over.[/quote]

Gosh Welcome to SCS!
You sure know a LOT about SU Demos on SCS, after just 2 weeks of being here? Cool....
Shrill??? I dont fully understand what that means. Unless its you may also sound shrill in defending PTI?
And Im sure there are hundreds and thousands that have started buying and using wood mount stamps also! So what? I dont think actually ANY of us could quote actual stats on that .

You continually defend PTI vehemently, and besides there are thousands of demos who OPENLY are showing their stuff from MANY other companies, obviously they are buying other companies stamps.
I feel you are doing exactly what you say the demos are doing, flashing tooth and nail?
And in 2 weeks youve seen it over and over again. Wow.;)
And I personally know a gal who had 2 unhappy posts on PTI deleted, about not recieving some sets for 3 months.

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

The only posts that are deleted by Administrative and Moderator Staff here on SCS are those in violation of this site's Term's of Service (multiple user ids, slander, business or promotional use of forum posts, etc.)

There is a difference between "bashing" and a legitimate expression of dissatisfaction over any given company's approach to customer service.
Mad Swapper

Like JanTInk
"...The last order I got from them, the two packs of cardstock I ordered were severely dinged in one corner. I decided to let it go..."

My replacement phrases for "Out on a Limb' was mailed in a #10 envelope which was not sealed very well and did not fare its trip to me very well. I received it last week. There is another thread in Tool and Product Talk where some gals thought they were receiving free stamps since there is no note attached with the mailings.

My GF is still patiently waiting for her anniversary set after being told more than two weeks ago that "its coming soon".

In two weeks my SU demo has called CS about my Boho Blossoms Punch and I have received two more punches - that I still don't "love", but I love the service.

Last edited by twinks; 05-04-2008 at 11:38 AM..
Pearl-ExPert

I am probably out of place again, but I am not understanding how erinjon is turning this into a PTI Bashing thread. I have read the entire post and the ONLY really bashing is coming from one poster. I have never purchased from PTI and I started as a CUSTOMER of SU!. I am not a DEMO for any company. I will say I have prefered wood mounted in the past and now LOVE both rubber and acrylic stamps. I think and I am sure most others buy what we like it is that simple. This thread is about trying to receive goods they are entitled to not bashing anyone. I think all would agree PTI is a great compnay and has just lagged in the CS department for now. Most companies at sometime will have some type of difficulty. I have to limit my spending so I choose 3 or four of MY favorite companies and order from just them. Not because of wood or acrylic . I had been looking at PTI and will not add them to my short list for now, however once they clear up the CS problem I will probably look at them again. This is just MY opinion. We all have one!
Glitter Queen

I started PTI bashing? You cannot read. I have not ONCE bashed PTE. Dozens of others have bashed PTI. I am the one that turned this into PTI bashing? You must be smoking something. Plenty of PTI bashing going on for sure though. Doesn't surprise me. I think it comes from fear.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I started PTI bashing? You cannot read. I have not ONCE bashed PTE. Dozens of others have bashed PTI. I am the one that turned this into PTI bashing? You must be smoking something. Plenty of PTI bashing going on for sure though. Doesn't surprise me. I think it comes from fear.
She said exactly the opposite. She said, "I am NOT understanding how Erinjon is turning this into a PTI-bashing thread", meaning she doesn't think you are doing the bashing (if anyone is). To me it sounds like she is on YOUR side!
Proud Fan Club Member

Excuse me while I retreat to my polymer room.

Hmmm, that just don't sound right.

I've tried a few clear images and I just don't like 'em. The most recent was a CTMH image. I never did get a good image.

I like UM rubba. I don't even buy EZmount anymore.

SU! will weather the storm...there has been plenty in their 20 yrs. I don't see them going to UMs or polymer.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Curious what your other user id is ??? We may be crazy ladies but certainly not stupid
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd like to make a couple of points before I close this thread to further comments.

Deleting/Removing Posts
A new member posted above that we delete threads or posts here pretty quickly. As Julie said, posts are not deleted without reason. We may edit a post if it crosses the TOS line, and we may disable accounts if someone registers another in an attempt to remain anonymous, but we don't delete posts often*. Just wanted to reassure y'all of that.

"Bashing"
I have not seen that this thread has turned into a "bashing" thread. Rather, I think that those who've posted of their dissatisfaction here have thought about what they wanted to say prior to posting and have expressed themselves without deliberately maligning the company.

Why I'm closing this thread
We've veered a bit from the original post here (I know, I know, it happens!) and there's not much more that can be said about this subject.

I've posted in response to threads before that the best bet is to always contact the company when you're having issues with delivery or orders. I do think that's the best recourse, but I'm really not sure what to do if you have tried communicating with the company and still not getting answers or satisfaction. I hope that if you're waiting for your anniversary set, you get your stamps soon!

*Posts (against our BST guidelines, completed sales, old listings) are regularly deleted from our BST forums.