Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' SoozView Post
One of my favorite comments is "How do you find the time?". It's usually delivered in that same uber-snotty tone. My stock answer is "I find time to do things that are important to me." while mentally adding " . . . and now I don't think you are!" Like you, though, it doesn't keep me from making things. I have too much fun doing it.
Oh, this made me laugh! I have definitely heard the "How do you find the time?" line before. And you know if they were to finish that question it would be "...for such trivial things".

You reminded me of another favorite of mine that I hear at my daughters school. This one wasn't even in reference to me, but it struck me none the less. It was "So-and-so looks crafty." This one always comes out when it comes time for holiday parties and they are looking for volunteers to help the kids with crafts. What the heck does crafty LOOK like? It's not like these people were walking around in paper mache sweaters, lol!

My Stamping Pad
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

My mom and sister keep all my cards, so they say. I always tell them to toss 'em, I'll send more next week. I never care if people keep my cards. But, I will say, that I get great feed back from the people who receive my cards. Not that my cards are amazing, I just know really great people.

My horror story isn't about something I made necessary. I had just started a new job, in a new state. For Christmas, I filled a treat bag with candy, and mini hand lotions, chap sticks and nail files from Avon. (I didn't give the hand lotions and such to the guys.) My boss, who was a female, half opened the bag and I heard her yell, "What the h@#$ is this, I'm on a diet, why would anyone get me this?" She didn't even notice the stuff from Avon in the bag until someone else walked into her office using some of the hand lotion and she asked where they got it. Then she came in my office and meekly said "thanks".

Let me tell you, she gets nothing any more. I mean, if you don't want what I've given you, just say thank you and throw it in the trash when my back is turned. Or take it home and make fun of it with your family, which is a fun, time-honored tradition.

Last edited by bweaz; 12-05-2011 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

I do have one more horror story, but one that I am afraid is told about me.

I had been at a job for about 5 years and each year, for Christmas, our boss got us nice gifts. One year, he got all of us some high end candles in ceramic jars with Christmas scenes on them. When I unwrapped mine, it slipped out of my hand and hit the floor, shattering. The look on his face was one of complete disdain. He, literally, just looked at me and walked away.

I felt about an inch tall. I pieced it back together as best I could, and sat it out on my desk so he could see I really liked it (initially). At 5pm, I put the destroyed gift in my purse and slunk out of the building.

I can laugh about it now, but I felt so awful that I didn't even want to go back to work the next day. Come to think of it, I probably called in.

The day I got moved to another department, he probably did a dance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first year I was married to my hubby, we had family reunion for his mom's side of the family with over 100 people in attendance. His sisters told me that there was always an auction to raise funds for the next reunion and handmade items sold REALLY well. They all love the cards I make, so they encouraged me to make some for the auction. I worked for hours stamping and watercoloring a set of 10 beautiful cards for the auction. I got pretty excited when I saw half-pint jars of jam going for over $10 EACH. When my cards went on the auction block, there was complete silence. Two of my brothers-in-law were assisting the auctioneer; they tried to drum up bids by explaining I had handmade the cards and put a lot of work into them. Not one person bid on them until finally my own sister-in-law offered an opening bid of $10. There were no other bids ... I walked out of the room in tears feeling totally humiliated by my mom-in-law's family I had just married into.

I also learned not to waste my time and effort on someone else. A friend always praised me for the beautiful Christmas cards I'd send. I had to question her sincerity when I read an article she wrote for a local paper. In that article, she went on and on about what a waste of time and money Christmas cards are. She thinks they serve no function, are superficial and are just clutter to be thrown away. I'm surprised she didn't start questioning the character of anyone who would even consider sending Christmas cards! YIKES! Needless to say, she and her family haven't received a card, Christmas or otherwise, since her little article hit the presses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 03:19 PM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh the "how do you find the time" is my favourite!!!
usually it is followed by an "Oh you're a stay at home mom"

And I love the answer you give I'll have to remember that!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #46  
Stampin' Fool

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SU Shopaholic You comment made me laugh out load!!! My BFF has saved every card I have made her and her Daughters...I am downright embarrassed at my early attemps!!!
I am really honored that she has kept them warts and all.
To the lady with the craft competetive Mom. I'm sad that she treats you that way.
I sure hope she's not someone I idolized back in the day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #47  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow, Ladies, some of these stories just make me shake my head in complete and utter astonishment! And some of them just make me laugh My favorite is Meechelle's quote:

"You reminded me of another favorite of mine that I hear at my daughters school. This one wasn't even in reference to me, but it struck me none the less. It was "So-and-so looks crafty." This one always comes out when it comes time for holiday parties and they are looking for volunteers to help the kids with crafts. What the heck does crafty LOOK like?"

LOL! I love the line "What the heck does crafty LOOK like?"

I guess we've all been there before, I don't mean this in a bad way, but it's nice to know I am not the only one that's had a problem.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

subbing 'cause it sounds interesting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #49  
Cardstock Collector

I hate the "oh you are trying to save money by making your own cards" I don't know about any of you but I don't find it cheaper to make cards I do it because I enjoy it !!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 02:49 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

>>>>In August of 2007 our city endured a 100 year flood and I lost all my Somerset Studio issues and my samples. I was more upset about that loss than I was our furniture and cars! LOL...just goes to show you where MY priorities are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 03:55 AM   #51  
Compulsive Stamper

Default saying

I got this stamp in a grab bag of stamps

This card was made by hand,
If you throw it away those same
hands will make a doll in your
image and stick pins in its butt

I am lucky that I have several friends who ask me yearly to make their cards for the year - all assorted If someone doesn't appreciate cards - which is an art - I figure they don't really what they are getting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 04:15 AM   #52  
Compulsive Stamper

I am in a SWAP and some of the cards that come are horrible and I do put a lot of time in my cards. I make niiiiiiiice cards. These people in the SWAP are or were SU demonstrators and have been stamping for a long time and yes I do expect more from them. Some of these cards look like a two year did them. Totally terrible. sayings are crooked, all smudged up, dents from on the front of card from putting it around to protect from PO, wreath that is round ends up totally square because of sloppiness. I think if they can't do their best they should not be in a SWAP or give cards to anyone.

I make mistakes but I fix it and either it looks good or I throw it out and start over. I am by no means a perfectionist but I think these cards should look nice the same goes if given for BD,Thank Y, sympathy, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 AM   #53  
Compulsive Stamper

I guess my point on my note above is that I will only keep cards that are nice and I would want to make myself. Some of these cards I wouldn't give if they paid me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 04:36 AM   #54  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by patskiView Post
I got this stamp in a grab bag of stamps

This card was made by hand,
If you throw it away those same
hands will make a doll in your
image and stick pins in its butt

I have that stamp, lol!! And I use it OFTEN.
-c
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 04:40 AM   #55  
Compulsive Stamper

I like the stamp you are talking about above. ^
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 05:10 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh, wow. I'm so sorry about all the horror stories some of you have experienced. I figure if I had fun making it and they don't know enough to appreciate it, that's sad. I've done my part, so to speak. Then the other side-I have several people who keep each card. That is heart-warming! Don't let others discourage you from doing something you enjoy! Just don't invest your heart in something you give those people. The saddest story is the one whose Mother is so competitive and hateful! That is so hard to imagine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 05:23 AM   #57  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Card Horror Stories

I had not been making cards for too long and I needed Tomboy glue runner. My son took me to the store and I didn't pay too much attention to what I was getting. You got it!!! I bought the removable runner. Who knew the Green and the blue were different. I sat down to "mass produce" and everything was falling apart. When I finally figured out what the problem was, I was too flustered to tell anyone. Did I learn a lesson - Yes!! Read the packaging and don't think I am so smart. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #58  
Compulsive Stamper

hi
I jsut remembered a very embarrassing moment my first year at convention. I had been stamping for a long time and made nice cards. If you are familiar with convention you make up a bunch of SWAP cards and exchange while there.
Well, one older lady refused to SWAP with me no reason given but I figured she didn't like my card or she thought hers was better. Hers could have been better I don't recall but I showed my card to other afterward and also posted this on Stampin Discuss back when I was a demonstrator and no one could see why she would refuse to SWAP and they also said there is no excuse not to SWAP. I felt pretty terrible. Had my card been awful I could more understand it.

Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 05:37 AM   #59  
Cardstock Collector

This didn't happen to me but to my niece and her 5 yr. old daughter. The little one loves making cards and made a special one for her Grandmother's birthday. Very proud of her project she gives it to Gramma, Gramma says "What, you can't even find the time to go buy me a card" !! I still can't believe she said that and it happened a few years ago. Thank goodness the little one still loves making cards and I love giving her supplies to do so.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 AM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

With regard to the comment "people who make cards are cheap"...not only was it insensitive but it usually costs WAY more to make the cards we make!

You may find this story appropriate. One year my elderly mother came to visit me and I decided to hold a "workshop" with her and teach her how to make a card that she could send to a friend. As the card-making progressed she kept changing who was going to be the recipient of her card! She'd say, "Oh, Theresa wouldn't appreciate the work that goes into this so I'll give it to Tina." By the end she said, "I'm giving this to my sister so I can TELL her how much time this took!" She had me rolling! And now, forget it, when she receives MY cards she goes out of her way to show them to anyone who will look at them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #61  
Crimping Master

Received 89 Likes on 58 Posts

Just had to add one more, though this is a craft, rather than a card, horror story. Last Halloween, I made some of those "Yummy Mummys" that were all over blogland (white chocolate covered Oreos) and left one for each of my coworkers. One of them said "Is that an Oreo inside there?" When I answered that it was, she said "Well, I don't like Oreos and I don't like white chocolate, but I guess it's cute." I was truly speechless!

PS to Carole -- hello, neighbor!

My Little Gallery -- Thanks for looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 AM   #62  
Embossing Fanatic

Hmmm - when I think of horror stories I think about things like the card I spent hours on for a work associate only to see it falling apart on his desk. I don't know how others deal with it but I have issues with adhesives "letting go" and ribbon and layers separating. That is my horror - putting heart and soul into something only for it to appear defective.

I've only once had my feelings semi-hurt after having put together a beautiful card, the recipient glanced at it, muttered "cute", and laid it aside.

I have to say I don't worry too much about whether the recipient keeps it or tosses it. I had the satisfaction of doing something I loved to do and creating something I thought was beautiful.

Last edited by gritsnc; 12-07-2011 at 07:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 07:32 AM   #63  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' SoozView Post
One of my favorite comments is "How do you find the time?". It's usually delivered in that same uber-snotty tone. My stock answer is "I find time to do things that are important to me." while mentally adding " . . . and now I don't think you are!" Like you, though, it doesn't keep me from making things. I have too much fun doing it.
Every Christmas I make cards, ornaments, gifts, cookies, etc. I devote the whole month of December to making things for others, which are usually well received and appreciated, with one exception--my sister. I love her dearly and every other month of the year she can do no wrong, but at Christmas I get nothing but snide comments like, "I suppose you made the paper too!" with an eye roll. I've been accused of being another "Martha Stewart", again said snidely. I really don't get it because I know she does appreciate what I make for her, but why the snide comments? I have made up my mind to confront her (nicely, of course, after all it is Christmas!) this year and try to get to the bottom of it. I want to at least let her know she's hurting my feelings.

On the plus side, my mom and brother keep every card I have ever made them. I must make them card boxes to put them in
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #64  
Embossing Fanatic

One other thought - any cards that have gone unappreciated or tossed pale in comparison to the feeling I get when someone asks me to create something original for them. To know that someone thinks my work is special enough for them to give a friend or loved one makes up for any rude or thoughtless feedback I've had.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #65  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

[QUOTE=cakhuxel;18985347]>>>>In August of 2007 our city endured a 100 year flood and I lost all my Somerset Studio issues and my samples. I was more upset about that loss than I was our furniture and cars! LOL...just goes to show you where MY priorities are.
life is something that happens only when you run out of cardstock
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #66  
Cardstock Collector

I think that means she liked it so much she wants to use it as a template
or 'starter card' for another project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #67  
Embossing Fanatic

My boyfriend made a comment, innocently enough...."Another card? You just like an excuse to make pretty things."
His aunt, mother and grandmother knit and crochet, but I have learned his "baby mama" (ex wife) is the Snooty Non-Craft type.

He graciously accepts cards, but doesn't make a big deal about them. I don't expect someone to keep one of my cards FOREVER. I'm in a minority, but I don't keep cards forever either, but I do appreciate them. I made him Marvin the Martian ornaments for his tree from polyshrink and he put them on the tree. He says thanks, but doesn't gush.

His grandmother made him a green knit cap and he wears it all the time. And trust me, urhm...the skill set is a bit less than what I'm used to from my own mother, grandmothers. LOL. Quite frankly, it looks ridiculous, but would never say a word to him, and know he loves it because it was made for him by a loved one. I walk proudly beside him.

Remember, the ex isn't fond of homemade items. She made comment to or in front of the kids, and later his daughter made fun of his hat...to his face. I have never wanted to punch a grown woman so much in my life (the mom), nor want to speak harshly to a 7 yr. old - who was just repeating what she heard.

The same daughter and I made stuffed animals from an American Girls kit one Sunday while the guys worked on a 3D puzzle. She made the bigger one (easier) and I made the small one. The big one is on her bed at her dad's house....she took the small one home with her.

I made them Renaissance outfits for a cousin's wedding. I paid for the material btw. I spent time sewing them. BF was angry because the Ex wanted the dress packed and "returned" home with the kids- he told her in no uncertain terms, that I made the dress and it would stay at his place. Period.

I used to give handmade gifts and cards to MY ex's family. Only 2-3 of them ever appreciated them. A family auction experience similar but with counted cross stitch I professionally mounted and framed. I used to feel bad until I overheard a conversation at a family event. Basically, I was referred to as Martha Stewart, and a couple other comments. My house was "so well decorated", and these were not said as compliments. But I realized that the women talking were exhibiting "petty jealousy". I didn't make "cheap crafts" - actually went out of my way to make items that could be sold in any of the "exclusive boutiques" they shopped at. They were envious, that I had nice draperies, linens and decor, but I had made it myself. And I saw that same attitude in the Boyfriend's ex-wife.

In our consumer-driven society, we are "rebels". We are 'outlaws'. We actually make with our own hands and give the output with love. The same people who poo-poo our handmade gifts and cards will go to an "art fair" and spend hundreds and thousands on the very same items from "real artists" - I've seen them do it! I saw a wonderful necklace made from fresh water pearls and office supply rubber bands - a couple hundred for the piece. Packaged in a lovely velvet box and high gloss business card. Displayed in the Baltimore convention center, hailed by my art professor as a wonderful example of "out of the box thinking" and lauded by her school as a wonderful designer.

Any basic 2 hour beading class and you & I could make one for less than $20. But if we put it in a cotton filled cardboard gift box and gave it to anyone at the show, they would open it, stick their nose in the air and toss it in the bottom of dresser with all the other "cheap costume" jewelry she owns.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #68  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Oh the horror of family! I have been making my own Christmas cards for about 8 years now. One of my sisters got me into scrapping 10 years ago. Imagine my surprise when she commented on my card one year & then told me she doesn't mail cards to the family (there are 5 siblings) anymore because it costs too much. Needless to say, I don't mail her one anymore.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #69  
Inking Addict

Sounds to me like she's jealous. Craft your heart out sweetie!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Art Horror Stories

To the person who had artwork destroyed by professors: my heart goes out to you.

When I was in middle school, I had a poster I was working on for art class stolen. When it was found/returned, it had been wrinkled. There was not enough time to start over, and it affected my grade. I had another piece of artwork (watercolor) vandalized while it was hanging on display at school. If I were creating display space for artwork at school, I would have it glassed in. It's more expensive, but it's totally wrong for students to vandalize each other's artwork, and the culprit will never be caught.

I made some calligraphy signs for use at church potlucks (salads, desserts, etc.) and had them laminated. Someone threw them away, apparently. Even though they had kept the ones I had not had laminated for quite a while. Laminating is expensive!

I made a poster for my brother for Christmas one year. He never did anything with it. I am thinking of doing waste-canvas cross-stitch on a wearable item for him this year, so I hope he likes it.

I know some people don't really care about cards, so I wouldn't spend much time making a card for them. People really need to learn some manners about receiving gifts though. Only really little kids should get away with throwing a fit because they don't like a gift. Try to at least find one thing you like about it. Even say "I'm glad you took the time to make this for me.". It wouldn't have to be a lie, even if you absolutely hate it.

I have regifted things I didn't care for to my mom. She enjoyed them. But I would never say "I don't like that, it's cheap, the wrong color, cutesy, etc.). If someone was persistently giving you gifts you didn't like, you could hint about your style, but don't say you hate the gifts.

Finally, I have to admit I've "borrowed" some gifts back so I could enter them in the fair. But I gave them right back after fair was over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:48 AM   #71  
Kookie Creator

A gift is a gift. My cards are fun for me to express my creativity and to share crafting with thousands like you...splitcoast members. I don't want my cards to become a burden with someone having to save them. I don't take it as an insult when they are thrown away. The point is that I made them special for the person and I hope they enjoy what I did. I just hope that remembering them with a card puts a smile on their face and warmth in their heart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #72  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkin1966View Post
With regard to the comment "people who make cards are cheap"...not only was it insensitive but it usually costs WAY more to make the cards we make!

You may find this story appropriate. One year my elderly mother came to visit me and I decided to hold a "workshop" with her and teach her how to make a card that she could send to a friend. As the card-making progressed she kept changing who was going to be the recipient of her card! She'd say, "Oh, Theresa wouldn't appreciate the work that goes into this so I'll give it to Tina." By the end she said, "I'm giving this to my sister so I can TELL her how much time this took!" She had me rolling! And now, forget it, when she receives MY cards she goes out of her way to show them to anyone who will look at them!
This story totally had me smiling! I invited my MIL to make cards with me once...something she had never done before. She later told me that now that she'd tried making them herself, she really appreciated the work that went into them! Sometimes experience is the best teacher!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #73  
Compulsive Stamper

[QUOTE=Curioius Cat;18986104]s like, "I suppose you made the paper too!" with an eye roll. I've been accused of being another "Martha Stewart", again said snidely. I really don't get it because I know she does appreciate what I make for her, but why the snide comments? I have made up my mind to confront her (nicely, of course, after all it is Christmas!) this year and try to get to the bottom of it. I want to at least let her know she's hurting my feelings."

LOL...I would say "why yes, I"m planning to take over for Martha when she retires! Would you like me to teach you some crafty things?"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #74  
Compulsive Stamper

I really enjoy making cards & gifts for others. It makes ME feel good about me. If someone doesn't appreciate the effort, no loss on my part, cause I still feel good.
I do have to say my biggest fan is my husband...he always takes the time to look at
what I make and tell me how beautiful it is, even when I'm my own worst critic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #75  
Rubber Obsessor

"overlook an insult" proverbs 19:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #76  
Cardstock Collector

I'm very bad. I even save the bought cards from DH and children. I spray them with my perfume and line my dresser drawers. I also use them as bookmarks. I give these ideas to friends who ask. Sometimes I write my inside greeting on a removable sheet, include a clean sheet with the envelope and let them know they can pass it on if desired. The horror is that I have drawers lined with lots of cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #77  
Insane Embellisher

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Twice I made cards, notepads, bags for my Husbands sister. All I got was "Thanks". All I give my SIL and her two daughters (&2 grandkids) are 50 cent cards from the Dollar store. I make cards for my husband and all he says is "Thanks-thats nice". He also gets a 50 cent card from the Dollar store. Now I just make cards and projects for my Mom and close friends who also do crafts. And my daughter away at college. Best thing to do is give to those people who appreciate your work. The others just buy from the Dollar store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:27 PM   #78  
Cardstock Collector

Default One positive can make a difference

I have heard many of the same comments from other people who have no idea how much goes into making a card or gift (lots from family I might add), but then I was blessed with a daughter in law who feels a card or gift made by hand express the love that went into it and when she tells me how much it means to her to get a handmade card, I push all the obviously uninspired and creatively stunted people who make rude comments out of my mind. Life is too short, and I have learned that if I enjoy making and giving I can't worry about those that don't know how to receive or be polite. I love making cards and gifts and if I get joy from it, it is sad they don't get joy from receiving it.
Have a great day and don't let rude people get you down, they have not found the small joys in life that make it all worthwhile, as Dr Seuss said

"Be yourself, those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #79  
Compulsive Stamper

Not a story, but a comment. I hosted a SU party a short time ago. We made two little projects. My friends had always appreciated my cards but after that evening, they all said: Now we KNOW how much work it actually is! And I do think that they appreciate them more! ;-)
Susi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2011, 02:44 PM   #80  
Cardstock Collector

[QUOTE=sargentstripe;18986751]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Curioius CatView Post
s like, "I suppose you made the paper too!" with an eye roll. I've been accused of being another "Martha Stewart", again said snidely. I really don't get it because I know she does appreciate what I make for her, but why the snide comments? I have made up my mind to confront her (nicely, of course, after all it is Christmas!) this year and try to get to the bottom of it. I want to at least let her know she's hurting my feelings."

LOL...I would say "why yes, I"m planning to take over for Martha when she retires! Would you like me to teach you some crafty things?"
That's a great response! I'll have to use it!
Reply With Quote Likes