Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cardstock dilemma (smoking smell)

I just did a trade and received alot of packages of cardstock from a home that smokes. I don't know why I did not think to ask before I made the trade but now I am stuck with it. Do any of you have a solution as to how I can get the odour out of the cardstock or do I just give up and donate it all. I can't think how to word another trade with smoking cardmakers to get cardstock that was not from their home. This has been such a disappointment for me and truly my own fault for buying the item I then wanted to trade for and now I am stuck with cardstock I would not use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lorri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorri.V.View Post
I just did a trade and received alot of packages of cardstock from a home that smokes. I don't know why I did not think to ask before I made the trade but now I am stuck with it. Do any of you have a solution as to how I can get the odour out of the cardstock or do I just give up and donate it all. I can't think how to word another trade with smoking cardmakers to get cardstock that was not from their home. This has been such a disappointment for me and truly my own fault for buying the item I then wanted to trade for and now I am stuck with cardstock I would not use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Lorri
I have been through this. If you have a gargage or outdoor area that doesn't get wet lay dryer sheets about every 10 sheets in a stack and let them sit a couple days. The smell will go away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 09:26 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

This works well on projects as well, put in a baggie, or sealable bag of some kind and dryer sheets. I've had to do this with recipe cards from a yahoo swap. One came in the mail box and reeked the minute I pulled it out but after about a week, the smell was gone. It may leave a light aroma from the dryer sheet but hopefully that is better than the cigarette smell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the ideas, I need to go out and get dryer sheets tomorrow and try, I have nothing to loose at this point.

Lorri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Baking soda (after all, you use it for the same purpose in your fridge, right? ;)) and/or crumpled newsprint also work, and leave no residual perfume scent.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4dView Post
Baking soda (after all, you use it for the same purpose in your fridge, right? ;)) and/or crumpled newsprint also work, and leave no residual perfume scent.
I second that. And if you've got a large sealable container like a rubbermaid tote (or whatever is large enough) to put it all in that will help the soda/newsprint absorb the cigarette smell faster.
Reply With Quote Likes