Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-06-2006, 05:36 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by malindaplace
Me too.

This decision doesn't feel customer-friendly to me. :???:
I totally agree. How is showing the new catty online on June 21st taking money away from demos? It isn't...

That is all I will say, as I don't want this thread to get ugly like the last one.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 05:47 AM   #82  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Janine ROCKS! Oh, and she is an awesome stamper, too ;)

cool tool reviews from your Splitcoaststampers Product Focus Team
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:04 AM   #83  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Regarding the comment that this is not customer friendly, I guess I see where you're coming from, however SU is not obligated to show anyone the catalog before July 1st. If you really think about it, it was going to be kind of a "bonus" to customers to see it early, so really you have not lost anything here. They were only going to show customers the catalog because they didn't want to slow down the demo part of the site.

Speaking from experience when I tried for a couple stressful hours just to register for a Regional, I appreciated that they were going to do this. I think SU probably should have thought about this a little more before they made an announcement and in the future they probably should just stick to July 1st as THE day for the new catalog to come out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:06 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2stamp4fun
This sounds like "cutting of your nose to spite your face" to me!
This definitely is not customer friendly:???: Makes me feel like my opinion and worth as a customer is pretty worthless in SU's opinion.
I mean if GM can show their cars before they come out for sale then what makes SU think they are so superior???
I take issue with the "so superior" comment. Where did that come from?????Companies have a right to do what they chose - it's called business decisions. A decision was made (unfortunately) that SU retracted due to feedback from their demonstrators - it did not hurt anyone - you didn't lose a thing - nothing was taken from you. We have a current catalog that is good through the end of June that you can purchase from, and SU's business decision to put out a retired list allows you the opportunity to make decisions on whether you want something before it is "sold out". As of July 1 we have a new catalog from which you can purchase product and we hope you find items that you can't live without! SU! is a terrific company, has a terrific product line and a bunch of terrific demonstrators - please don't confuse your own anxiousness for wanting the new catalog as an SU! issue - it's not personal.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:11 AM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

Quote:

Originally Posted by haaron10
Regarding the comment that this is not customer friendly, I guess I see where you're coming from, however SU is not obligated to show anyone the catalog before July 1st. If you really think about it, it was going to be kind of a "bonus" to customers to see it early, so really you have not lost anything here. They were only going to show customers the catalog because they didn't want to slow down the demo part of the site.

Speaking from experience when I tried for a couple stressful hours just to register for a Regional, I appreciated that they were going to do this. I think SU probably should have thought about this a little more before they made an announcement and in the future they probably should just stick to July 1st as THE day for the new catalog to come out.
This sounds like the best choice on their part! I mean, I do love to see new stuff asap but since I have been patiently waiting for July 1st and didn't even know that the demos got their catalogs early then I am still waiting for July 1st! I didnt even know I could ask my demo to see the new catalog before July 1st, I figured that is about the time they get it too so it would have been a nice "bonus" but it is exciting either way! Oh, I will have to ask my demo for a sneak peek when she gets it, I am an American afterall and need my instant gratification!LOL
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:17 AM   #86  
LSN
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
This sounds like the best choice on their part! I mean, I do love to see new stuff asap but since I have been patiently waiting for July 1st and didn't even know that the demos got their catalogs early then I am still waiting for July 1st! I didnt even know I could ask my demo to see the new catalog before July 1st, I figured that is about the time they get it too so it would have been a nice "bonus" but it is exciting either way! Oh, I will have to ask my demo for a sneak peek when she gets it, I am an American afterall and need my instant gratification!LOL
I asked my demo to call me when she got her caddy's last year We met each other half way so I could get my hands on that little baby (she was planning on having the catty's spiral bound for her stamp club members...I couldn't wait that long :mrgreen: ). It was a month later that I signed up to be a demo. I feel like a little kid at Christmas (Christmas in July). I wouldn't have it any other way.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:18 AM   #87  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
your demonstrator will probably get her personal catalog before July 1st (last year demos started getting them around the 22nd of June...it varies depending on where you live and what your post office is like.)
That's the rub for me!

I'm not trying to be snarky, but as a customer it feels really important to explain my thoughts on this.

I live in Germany. My demo lives 6 hours away....and last year our cattys arrived around the 10th of July.

So, the catty will be online long before I see a hard copy.

The overlap of the two catalogs is always critical for me. Getting stamping accessories is very difficult here - and even when I find them, the cost is as much as double the US price. So I have to decide whether to "stock up" on accessories that might no longer be available to me in June and not spend any money on the new catty until September or so, or take my chances. Another option would be to wait it out, and then seek out other sources for similar items that I can't get from SU! anymore. Neither option is very good for my demo, and it takes much of the fun out of the new catty for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #88  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by malindaplace
That's the rub for me!

I'm not trying to be snarky, but as a customer it feels really important to explain my thoughts on this.

I live in Germany. My demo lives 6 hours away....and last year our cattys arrived around the 10th of July.

So, the catty will be online long before I see a hard copy.

The overlap of the two catalogs is always critical for me. Getting stamping accessories is very difficult here - and even when I find them, the cost is as much as double the US price. So I have to decide whether to "stock up" on accessories that might no longer be available to me in June and not spend any money on the new catty until September or so, or take my chances. Another option would be to wait it out, and then seek out other sources for similar items that I can't get from SU! anymore. Neither option is very good for my demo, and it takes much of the fun out of the new catty for me.
Then you'll be happy to know that we *will* have a retiring accessories list on June 21st! I'm sure it will be posted up here so you will know what to order as far as the accessories go. This is a new thing and I am very excited to be able to share that with my customers. Before we never knew about the accessories until July 1st. I think it's a good thing to know about which wheels are retiring etc., so if you want something you can get it before it's gone.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:27 AM   #89  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I will say WELL SAID JanTink!! I agree totally with SU being as I am a demo and I think it would hurt my sales for the retiring stamp sets. For those that think that we are "greedy" so to speak or that wanted to see the new catty so they knew what to order or not order WHY??? First this is our business, as mine is mostly a hobby business with just a few shows here and there I still rely on my New Catty Open House to get my quarter quotas! As for the what to buy or not buy YOU have an ENTIRE YEAR to buy sets from the new catty, and only until June 30 to buy from the current one so if you like a set that will be retired GET IT NOW!!! or else pay dearly later on that dreaded *bay place!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 06:44 AM   #90  
Kookie Creator

GO JAN! I couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:01 AM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Only happy thoughts are allowed here...

I'm not happy about it either, but that's life...

When you're handed lemons, make lemon-aid!!!

Just be glad that it will be online this year July 1st... That's a first for SU... They've never had the catalogs online before...

Think positive!!! Your glass is half full... Just remember that!!!

:O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:14 AM   #92  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Not any more

My birdie just told me SU! won't post the catty to the customer website until 7/1 cuz so many demos complained that they wanted to see it first and do the unveiling for their customers. They DID mention that one of the reasons that they had planned on putting it on the website is cuz links get leaked anyway (sounds like a reference to here a w/ the mini). Anyway they respected the wishes of the demos and it will be on the demo side 6/21 but not available to customers till 7/1.

My demo is on vaca for 6 weeks and I won't get my hard copy from her till end of july at the earliest. I guess I can wait 9 more days to see it online...I was debating about looking online anyway cuz its harder to see the stuff online and I love the first look at the hard copy!!

Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:17 AM   #93  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ekip2
My birdie just told me SU! won't post the catty to the customer website until 7/1 ... Anyway they respected the wishes of the demos and it will be on the demo side 6/21 but not available to customers till 7/1.
My demo is on vaca for 6 weeks and I won't get my hard copy from her till end of july at the earliest. I guess I can wait 9 more days to see it online...I was debating about looking online anyway cuz its harder to see the stuff online and I love the first look at the hard copy!!

Andrea
Well, you have just spread misinformation. Better check back with your demo before you post. Edited to add, I am not being snarky, but lots of people will read your post and think it's true. It's not. The online catalog will NOT be available anywhere until July 1st. Have a nice day.

Last edited by jm_donahoe; 06-06-2006 at 07:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:20 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwood

Just be glad that it will be online this year July 1st... That's a first for SU... They've never had the catalogs online before...

I'm with you!!! It just doesn't pay to be mad about it

Unfortunately, the need for people to *LEAK* info is what ruined it for everyone in the end. Those are the ones we get to thank for this!

There is no guarantee that my demo copy of the catalog will be here before the 1st...I am at the mercy of the USPS.....and we all know how reliable snail mail is.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:21 AM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Your little birdie did not sing you the song correctly.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:22 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Anyway they respected the wishes of the demos and it will be on the demo side 6/21 but not available to customers till 7/1.

Andrea
Just clarification, right now they are not planning to put it anywhere until 7/1, even on the demo side.

Belinda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:22 AM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

My birdie just told me SU! won't post the catty to the customer website until 7/1 cuz so many demos complained that they wanted to see it first and do the unveiling for their customers. They DID mention that one of the reasons that they had planned on putting it on the website is cuz links get leaked anyway (sounds like a reference to here a w/ the mini). Anyway they respected the wishes of the demos and it will be on the demo side 6/21 but not available to customers till 7/1.

Andrea
Your birdie is wrong! :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:24 AM   #98  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg
I'm with you!!! It just doesn't pay to be mad about it

Unfortunately, the need for people to *LEAK* info is what ruined it for everyone in the end. Those are the ones we get to thank for this!

There is no guarantee that my demo copy of the catalog will be here before the 1st...I am at the mercy of the USPS.....and we all know how reliable snail mail is.
what she said!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:36 AM   #99  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Right! What was I thinking? As a demo I need the new stuff anyway--why on earth would I buy anything retiring???? Must have been the 1 AM crazies.

At least we get the accessories list early--that's a BIG help!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #100  
Mad Swapper

I seriously don't understand why people is upset about SU changing their minds about when to put the new catty online. It has always been July 1st and ordering from the retirement list has always been a guessing game where you take a chance of ordering or passing something up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #101  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

It is exciting! I just wish SU would stick to their guns once something has been posted. It is the switching back and forth that causes demos and customers to be nervous. I like people to make decisions and stick to them.

I can wait for my catty because I know I'll carry it in my purse for a year. By the time another one comes out I'll have memorized everything!

June or July, it matters not to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #102  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My concern with the early online reveal was that the website would be jammed and orders for customers would not be able to be processed. I'm willing to wait a few extra days if it means that customer orders will get through.

The accessories list will be wonderful to have, but if we couldn't get orders through everyone would have missed that opportunity also.

So I'm calling this a good thing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 08:25 AM   #103  
Pearl-ExPert

JMHO...EVERYONE stop making this into a demo vs customer thing!! The SU world needs both, and we can't all be both. As a customer it is super exciting to find out the leaks, but a demo likes to control her business a little bit (and there has to be some perks to all the hard work....they get the sneak peeks!). SU has a reason for making the decisions they do, so no worries. We will all get to see it eventually!! (Which I cannot wait for!!)

Maybe SU has a reason for not wanting any overlap in the catalogues, and maybe they don't. So maybe it can be suggested that there be an overlap next year... Might not be a bad thing. ;)

So as exciting as reading a thread like this is, it makes a lot of people feel hurt and angry, so can we please try to think twice before we type?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #104  
Stampin' Fool

I did not plan on looking anyway. I cant wait to have the hard copy in my hands. That is so much more gratifying than looking online.

I will say that it was pretty unprofessional for SU to change their mind after it was posted. Makes them look wishy washy.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #105  
Gabfest Goddess

I am happy too, I was trying to find ways to stay away from the computer in the gap time, I didn't think it made much sense originally.
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 09:38 AM   #106  
Glitter Guru

Thanks, Janine! Well said - I have the same feelings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #107  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindeola
......I will say that it was pretty unprofessional for SU to change their mind after it was posted. Makes them look wishy washy.....
I think it was very professional for SU! to listen to the masses of Demos, big and small, that didnt want it posted.
Tandra

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #108  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry I unintentionally posted erroneous information. I don't know how I missed page 2 of this post that went into the fact that the info was not avail 6/21 any more and the discussion regarding it etc. I didn't mean to be misleading. At the time, I thought it was "news" that it wasn't going to be avial 6/21 to customers...sorry...I'll be quiet now and just wait till my demo gets back mid to late July cuz as a customer, I like the hard copy better. Andrea

Last edited by ekip2; 06-06-2006 at 10:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #109  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Sorry I unintentionally posted erroneous information. I don't know how I missed page 2 of this post that went into the fact that the info was not avail 6/21 any more and the discussion regarding it etc. I didn't mean to be misleading. At the time, I thought it was "news" that it wasn't going to be avial 6/21 to customers...sorry...I'll be quiet now and just wait till my demo gets back mid to late July cuz as a customer, I like the hard copy better to get excited about. Andrea
'Sokay! We've all done that ourselves, I'm sure.

The hard copy IS much nicer! Heck, I'm a demo and I was going to try to wait until I got the real deal...its' ssooo much fun to turn off my cell phone, put in a video for my kids,, pull the curtains, grab my coffee, lock myself in the bedroom with my phone and my stack of post it notes so I can call my bestest friend who has synchronized her movements with mine so we can crack that shiny new catalog and ooooh and ahhh over it in the proper fashion. Looking at it online just wouldn't compare!:mrgreen:

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 10:52 AM   #110  
Hardware Hotshot

I have to get the highlighter ready for my copy... seeing it online is just not as much fun
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 11:07 AM   #111  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Unkind

Not be "snarky" myself but customers should have the right to choose..customers are going to buy no matter what day they see it or not (at least I will) and customers are important right?

I think it is very unkind of some demos to feel they need to decide what is right for everyone and everyone else's customers, perhaps your customers WOULD have liked to see it but you made the decision for them....what other decisions do you make for us as customers without us being able to choose? Would you be upset if things were chosen for you?

Also, I would like to state the fact that being able to see the new stuff before the old stuff was not available anymore would more than likely have me say "OH wait there is NOTHING like this or that in the new I think I need to order it before its too late!" rather than say... "Oh I missed it therefore I will need to pay a fortune for it on ebay IF I decide I must have it"

I just think it would have been a nice thing for customers to have gotten to choose if they wanted or didnt want to see the new catalog....

My two cents and I know its not worth it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #112  
Mad Swapper

Customers DO have the right to choose- everything! You have the right to buy, not buy, show up for a party, not show up for a party, etc. The demos are at your mercy! They wait for you to like something and their livelihood is at your mercy. So, don't act like you have no power. You have ALL the power!

If any of you want to be in the know- become a demo and maybe you can see all these issues from the other side of the coin. I am sure your demo would love it if you became a demo.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 11:19 AM   #113  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapheap
Not be "snarky" myself but customers should have the right to choose..customers are going to buy no matter what day they see it or not (at least I will) and customers are important right?

I think it is very unkind of some demos to feel they need to decide what is right for everyone and everyone else's customers, perhaps your customers WOULD have liked to see it but you made the decision for them....what other decisions do you make for us as customers without us being able to choose? Would you be upset if things were chosen for you?

Also, I would like to state the fact that being able to see the new stuff before the old stuff was not available anymore would more than likely have me say "OH wait there is NOTHING like this or that in the new I think I need to order it before its too late!" rather than say... "Oh I missed it therefore I will need to pay a fortune for it on ebay IF I decide I must have it"

I just think it would have been a nice thing for customers to have gotten to choose if they wanted or didnt want to see the new catalog....

My two cents and I know its not worth it
The demos didn't make any decision at all. Stampin' Up! made the decision.
As a demonstrator, I exercised my right to express to the company exactly how I felt about it. I did it in a respectful manner, without being rude, but letting them know what I felt about it.

Stampin' Up! must have gotten a lot of feedback from it's demonstrators like mine. Then THEY made the decision. They could have easily have said to us, "Tough! This is what we decided and you must just take the good with the bad." And you know what? I would have dealt with it.

As far as your seeing the catalog, you'll see it on July 1st, the same as we will. You won't be able to order out of it before then, but then, neither will anybody. Let me tell you what will happen, because I've watched this process on this website for the past two years and it's always the same: some people up here will get their paper copy and will start posting descriptions of what is in the new catalog. A lot of people will avoid those threads because they want to wait until they get the catalog in their hands. Other people will read it avidly and ask all sorts of questions, like "Is there a new horse set? Have they put in a gymnastics set?" and those kind, kind people who are willing to answer those questions will answer them.

So if you really want to find stuff like that out, be assured, some one will be happy to let you know in advance so you can make your purchasing decisions.

BTW, last year was the very FIRST time that customers got to see the catalog before July 16th or therabouts, when it was officially debuted at convention.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #114  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't read this whole thread. However, there was a simple reason why I wanted to see the new catty on June 21. I wanted to see if SU was raising the prices on ink and paper and ribbon. If so, I would place an order in June. If not, I'd wait until July. Pure self interest. That said, it isn't that important an issue to me. June 21, July 1, July 15th -- I'm easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 12:04 PM   #115  
Crimping Master

I was just thinking ... isn't it at least nice now that the catalog IS online? It's nice to have some way to see it for customers who can't get a hard copy from their demo on 7/1 or even a demo who has unreliable mail delivery. Just thinking out loud.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #116  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
I haven't read this whole thread. However, there was a simple reason why I wanted to see the new catty on June 21. I wanted to see if SU was raising the prices on ink and paper and ribbon. If so, I would place an order in June. If not, I'd wait until July. Pure self interest. That said, it isn't that important an issue to me. June 21, July 1, July 15th -- I'm easy.
I'm sure someone will post about price increases, so you're good. ;)

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 12:19 PM   #117  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just as an FYI, I changed the title of the thread from "The Catalog is Coming June 21st!!! " to "The Catalog is Coming July 1st!!! " since the original title is no longer accurate...

Thanks everyone!!!

24 more days of patiently waiting... :O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Just as an FYI, I changed the title of the thread from "The Catalog is Coming June 21st!!! " to "The Catalog is Coming July 1st!!! " since the original title is no longer accurate...

Thanks everyone!!!

24 more days of patiently waiting... :O)

I forgot to ask, is this ok with everyone??? I don't want the new ones to think it's still coming June 21st when it's not...

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I forgot to ask, is this ok with everyone??? I don't want the new ones to think it's still coming June 21st when it's not...

Thanks!!!
Maybe you should have done a poll ;)
My nonstamping, weight-loss blog sort of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #120  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicksmom917
Maybe you should have done a poll ;)

You're joking, right??? :O)
Reply With Quote Likes