Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2004, 09:55 PM   #201  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check THIS out:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

~C
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:45 AM   #202  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cambria
Check THIS out:

~C
Is there something specific we should look for on this one?? Maybe I am confused. Let me know.

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 06:14 AM   #203  
Stazon Splitcoast

i think she was just trying to get us to be a little more productive about a good cause rather than keeping ourselves in a slump with "less than desirable" people.. because here is someone who "is desirable" in need...

Photographer serving the SE Houston area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:07 AM   #204  
Matboard Maniac

Cambria wrote:
Check THIS out:

~C

I am confused on this one too. Please let me know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:36 AM   #205  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc82742
i think she was just trying to get us to be a little more productive about a good cause rather than keeping ourselves in a slump with "less than desirable" people.. because here is someone who "is desirable" in need...
OK, I didn't think there was an underlying message to it, I was just a little confused. I'm back up to speed now. Thanks for the clarification.

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:37 AM   #206  
Polyshrink Goddess

It is a link to a cause that needs our positive energy!
Check it out...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:51 AM   #207  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

It is.... not trying to hijack or anything, but this person feeds on negativity. I'm not sure if it is the exact same person we had have here, but I know she really gets off on stirring the pot and I just didn't want to contribute to it. Keep forwarding those sellers to [email protected] and let them deal with them. But, I do agree, sending those sellers nasty email (not that the one posted here was nasty at all ), doesn't to anything but feed the fire and make us hard working, honest demos look bad. Some people NEED to have some kind of chaos in their lives and if it isn't there, they will create it.

I just wanted to direct a little attention to someone who could really use it right now. Can you imagine your house burning to the ground right after Christmas..... well, at anytime of the year? My heart goes out to this family.

Have a great day everyone!!
~C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:54 AM   #208  
Hardware Hotshot

I agree Cambria. I appreciate the info. Thanks!!

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:20 AM   #209  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well said, Cami!

You can hijack me anyday--especially for such a great cause!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:28 AM   #210  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissaparrish
Well said, Cami!

You can hijack me anyday--especially for such a great cause!
You are a sweetie!! Thanks for helping out guys!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 11:49 AM   #211  
Polyshrink Goddess

Cami,

I'm assuming that she checked with her insurance co already but if she hasn't she should check to see if the stamping items she had will be covered. (and if she needs receipts, maybe you can give her copies???)

In November we lost our summer place (a seasonal camping trailer) and our insurance covered all of our losses).

I have extra mono I'd be willing to send her way if that is still needed

~Karin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 12:29 PM   #212  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

That's sweet of you Karin..... check with the gal posting on the original thread. I don't know either of them, just thought it would be nice to help out.

Everyone here is so kind and generous!! I can't help but love the positive stuff!

I'm not saying you all can't complain about the Ebay stuff. I think we are all frustrated by it, but it's easier to just turn it over to SU! and not carry it with ya....... ya know? There are always going to be a few rotten apples in every bunch! I was just trying to divert the thread to something a little postive for a bit. Well, not that a house burning down is positive, but that there are so many willing to help out. You know what I mean! LOL

Have a great Wednesday!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 01:22 PM   #213  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cami, We know what you meant, even if we had to read between the lines!
I love that you are always so upbeat and positive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 01:24 PM   #214  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by karinlm
Cami,

I'm assuming that she checked with her insurance co already but if she hasn't she should check to see if the stamping items she had will be covered. (and if she needs receipts, maybe you can give her copies???)

In November we lost our summer place (a seasonal camping trailer) and our insurance covered all of our losses).

~Karin
karin.. hopefully her insurance WILL recover some of her losses.. it sounds like her demo kept something since she knew what she ordered. but they give you a limit depending how much material loss insurance you purchase too.. so, she cant spend all the money on stamps when her family needs couches, clothes, appliances, etc.
and it could drag out a month or more.. and this could get the ball rolling quickly and allow her to keep her mind off the obvious temporarily as she gets lost in stamping..
AND.. the Lord blesses her with the feeling of being given to while He blesses the giver with the gift of giving.. so everyone wins too. :lol:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 02:10 PM   #215  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I'm not saying you all can't complain about the Ebay stuff. I think we are all frustrated by it, but it's easier to just turn it over to SU! and not carry it with ya....... ya know? There are always going to be a few rotten apples in every bunch! I was just trying to divert the thread to something a little postive for a bit. Well, not that a house burning down is positive, but that there are so many willing to help out. You know what I mean! LOL

Have a great Wednesday!!
Yuck, its only Wednesday LOL????

I know what your saying ;) And for the record, its not the I'm not agreeing with you, just trying to point out the other side of the fence KWIM? I've worn many pairs of shoes in my life and one of those pairs of shoes was someone being accused of something when someone else didn't know all the facts. That is what I tried to get across in my thread! There could be 10 people selling on Ebay.....9 guilty demo's and 1 innocent customer.....I would walk a million miles to side with that 1 innocent customer even if it meant giving the benefit of the doubt to the 9 guilty demo's.......KWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 02:59 PM   #216  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Quote:

Have a great Wednesday!!
Yuck, its only Wednesday LOL????

I know what your saying ;) And for the record, its not the I'm not agreeing with you, just trying to point out the other side of the fence KWIM? I've worn many pairs of shoes in my life and one of those pairs of shoes was someone being accused of something when someone else didn't know all the facts. That is what I tried to get across in my thread! There could be 10 people selling on Ebay.....9 guilty demo's and 1 innocent customer.....I would walk a million miles to side with that 1 innocent customer even if it meant giving the benefit of the doubt to the 9 guilty demo's.......KWIM?
Yep, I totally understand. We weren't speaking of the innocent ones though. We all realize there are a few that don't know what they are doing is against policy(IF they are demos selling a current set). I think our frustration is aimed at the ones who DO know and don't care. And, I don't condone nasty emails to them either. I don't think you can get anywhere with anyone by being nasty. Most of us are hard working, honest, demo's who love our company and would never violate policy, but to see that some do and then also get the benefits from SU! (the very company they are hurting) really stinks. THAT is where you see our frustration. I didn't mean to ever point a finger at anyone in particular. And I do see your point.... it's just as bad to be accused of something dishonest when you are not. Hey, I think we just agreed with each other!!

Have a great (yes, it's only Wedneday) Day!!
~C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 03:03 PM   #217  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Quote:

Cami,

~Karin
karin.. hopefully her insurance WILL recover some of her losses.. it sounds like her demo kept something since she knew what she ordered. but they give you a limit depending how much material loss insurance you purchase too.. so, she cant spend all the money on stamps when her family needs couches, clothes, appliances, etc.
and it could drag out a month or more.. and this could get the ball rolling quickly and allow her to keep her mind off the obvious temporarily as she gets lost in stamping..
AND.. the Lord blesses her with the feeling of being given to while He blesses the giver with the gift of giving.. so everyone wins too. :lol:
In 2 weeks it will be our 4th anniversary since we came home from church to find what is below. In the back you can see my kitchen appliances and in the front the frame left from our piano.

We found out we had good insurance. My sister threw a Stampin' Up! party for me. It was like a bridal shower but all of the gifts were stamps and supplies. They will never know what it meant to me. I had so much work to fill out insurance papers and the stress of finding a place to live and remember all of your things to claim (yes, you do have to list them to claim any money for them). It was special way to know others cared and to step out of your life at the moment. I was a big scrapper back then and had all my books caught up for all the kids. That is the thing I miss the most. I have not brought myself to do another photo book yet. I still take alot of pictures but they are once again just in a box. Someday....

So even though she may have insurance it is so nice to just know you are being thought of.
Attached Thumbnails
Check this out!!-fire307.jpg  
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #218  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh debbi.. that is horrible.. i just cannot imagine.. it is my biggest fear.. and what is weird.. it is something i pray for all the time.. protection against fire. i have had horrible nightmares for 4 years.. all about fires. i hate it.
that is awesome.. having a shower for you that is.. and a good idea.
i told my husband about jackies friend so she could be put on our family prayer request list.. and he suggested we scan all the pics that arent digital and put them on a cd and leave them at his moms house so *just in case* we dont have to lose all of our photos. and he is going to recopy all of the digital ones too.. so that will be our job over the long weekend.

anyway.. i am glad you were able to pull through.. and now become a demo... congrats!

-tasha

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:07 PM   #219  
Matboard Maniac

Wow that picture speakers for itself.
i went and saw my friends house last night. Just looking at you can't help but thank God for everyone making it out with only a few burns.
Her daughter had to run through the flames. She was trapped in the back of the house. Looking for the cat. The girls are really upset about their dog and the cat that did not make it out.
Yes she does have insurance but after paying for all the things that Tasha mentions AND paying off the cars. Her mothers car was in the garage and it blew up. Yes it blew. It then caught her car on fire. So they both are out of transportation to get back and forth to work. For right now.
It's also going to take a few weeks before they see any money.
She realized yesterday that her purse burned up with her bank card and her check book. It's those little things that you don't think about until you need it.
Everyone that is sending her these wonderful gifts are awesome! They will help keep her hopeful. And hopful not fall into depression. That would be very easy.
She is being so strong in her faith. Keeps thanking the Lord they still have each other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:15 PM   #220  
Stazon Splitcoast

They said ours was burning either in the walls or air ducts while we were in the house. It went fast. If we had not had to go to church we would not of gotten out. The Lord had his mighty hand on them too.

The Red Cross helped that night and our insurance company gave us some up front the next morning so we could get clothes and a motel. She should get something until she gets it together. I am so glad they are safe! I had to learn, everything else is just materials. We also lost our dalmation and hamsters, but we both have our loved ones.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 10:25 AM   #221  
Crimping Master

Quote:

That's what I was thinking too. Well, actually for both of you. First I wondered if her insurance would cover it and then I thought, well, she could use the insurance money to replace other stuff. It will just be a great big "hug" knowing that so many people were willing to donate the items to get her stamping again.

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes