Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-14-2004, 08:07 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coluzzle, do you use it?

I was thinking of buying the coluzzle cutting system and I was wondering how much you all use it and if you would recommend it. Thanks for your feedback. Chris
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 08:13 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I use mine any time quite often. Not only is the tool handy for creating a window, but the piece cut from the window is useful, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 08:22 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I use mine fairly often, and would recommend it. I know some people don't like the fact that you have to cut the little connecting pieces with scissors, but with a little practice, that becomes easy. I love the fact that there are a LOT of other shapes available on the market which will work with it!

Kathy Logan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 08:42 AM   #4  
Glitter Queen

How many of you prefer the CM cutting system to the Coluzzle system? I'm wondering what is a better tool but SU doesn't carry anything other then the Coluzzle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 09:05 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default coluzzle

Hi! I have both the CM system and the coluzzle. I bought both before signing as a SU demo. I love both, but use the coluzzle all the time now. I like how it's easier to see what you're cutting rather than the CM system and there's a ton more templates available with the coluzzle system. To save money- buy the coluzzle system with a discount coupon from Michael's/Joann's/ACmoore- it's a lot cheaper than through SU- Save that money to buy more stamps!!!

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 09:10 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Coluzzle

I have both the Coluzzle and the CM system. I use the Coluzzle more mainly because it is easier to carry but also for my SU customers. I ordered the wrong item through SU so I kept it and love it. I have purchased and alphabet, tag, square, and Oval template from Michael's, with the 40% off coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2004, 01:25 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another that prefers Coluzzle over any other cutting system--You can also use the same blade with the Accucut EZ2Cut Shape maker templates, too!

I just keep on collecting more and more of the other Coluzzle templates, too--wish SU! would carry more of them . . .

I've even asked the manufacturer direct, if they'd create an 9 window square and 9 window circle aperature template for A-2 cards. But, haven't heard back from them . . . It would be soooo much fun and so much easier to use a Coluzzle Template, than trying to trace, then cut out all the little windows . . . sigh . . .

It's the easiest system I've used, and I've used a LOT of them out there. This has been the best one for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2004, 07:32 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks everyone for your imput...sigh....guess that means I have to get it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!
Default Coluzzle re: JulieHRR

I like your idea of the window Coluzzle template, but you can do that with the circle & square one now. It's harder with the circle, but with the square, you can just use the other template channels for lining up your edges to keep them the same distance apart. I've made a neat window pane card with one square window that has four panes cut out of it, using the square Coluzzle this way.

What I really wish they'd produce are Coluzzle templates for cutting those fancy lattice, folded edges that you can do on the spines of cards, etc. They have brass templates out there, and I even have one but haven't used it yet! It would be a natural for Coluzzle! You'd just line up with the fold and cut your diagonal slits (or other shapes, too!) and then open it up and do your folds up or down and have a great folded edge!!! I'm way too lazy to do this by measuring and cutting! :lol:

Staci Miserlian
Just joined this board!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2004, 03:16 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default coluzzle

I love my coluzzle and find it very easy to use, am puzzled at how I've heard so many negatvie things about. I love to demo it and it's been very easy to sell. I'm crossing my fingers they will offer offer more templates for it in the new idea book , can't wait!!!
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2004, 03:13 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I've had the Coluzzle system for a few years. At first I didn't like it because my blade kept getting caught on the template. :( I found out I wasn't using the swivel blade correctly. Now that I know how to use it, I haven't had any problems. Anytime someone tells me they don't like the Coluzzle system, I've given them my advise on the blade and have had a few people tell me that was the problem and that they now like the system.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2004, 09:05 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Since I rcvd a few e-mails for my tips, I thought I would post them for anyone else who wants to know.

Be sure to hold the knife straight up & down and with not too much pressure. Don't go too fast either. Try not to twirl/roll the knife around the corners too much as this can loosen the blade. Also check for a loose, dull or incorrectly inserted blade as these all will cause it to not cut well. Nicks in the template can make it difficult for the blade to glide easily. I smooth my nicks out by putting sandpaper in the guide lines and lightly sanding. Sand a little at a time so as not to mess up the template. Practice and more practice. The more I used it the better I got at it.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2004, 09:50 AM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Love it!

I use mine all the time, preferring it to the Fiskars Circle and Oval cutters I already owned. With them, they were constantly slipping and making bad cuts. ANd trying to determine just where it would end up cutting was another problem. The only advantage was that you could pick your aperture size by the 1/8".

With the coluzzle I can see exactly where I will be cutting, and to prevent slipping, I just tack the photo or cardstock down to the mat with post-it notes. Make sure when you get it you remove the protective film on both the front and back...that fouls a lot of people up. And don't throw away the foam mat...you need that to cut on!

I have a number of the templates and agree that we should really sell more of them in the catalog. I noticed they just came out with a purse template and another box that I MUST have. I own the tall party favor box, the chinese take-out box, the square gift box, the tags, the square nested, plus the two sets we sell.

One other tip is to color the rings on your templates with different colors of Sharpie markers. That makes it easier to use, since you can tell which channel you need to put the knife in next. I offer this service to customers who buy it since I have all the colors of Sharpies out there.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Default Thanks a lot, Jan! Now look what you've gone and done!

Now, I KNOW I have to get one! I've been eyeing them with my 40% Michael's coupon for a long time. Now that you've mentioned all the templates you have that I knew nothing about, I've GOT to have one.

Great ideas on marking the templates, too! I'm learning sooooo much around this place. Now, if only I'd get off the computer and start stamping, THEN all would be right with the world! :lol:

Anyone know where the best place is to get the cutter and templates?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2004, 10:25 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Oooohh! What a wonderful idea about marking the rings with the Sharpie markers! There has been a couple of times I didn't count my rings correctly. I already have a set of Sharpies at home so I'll be marking my templates tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2004, 11:12 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!
Default Designating channels on the Coluzzle

I did what it said on the Coluzzle idea book and I numbered my channels at the two edges where the bridge is. That way, when I'm describing things during a workshop or class, I can say, cut two #2's out of bliss blue and cut one #1 out of ultrasmooth white, or whatever. It's been a good way to do it.

FYI - I'm known as the Coluzzle Queen around here, since I started collecting templates way before they are avail. in the SU! catty. I have quite a lot of nested shapes, but none of the recent boxes, etc. that you gals have described! They sound awesome!

Staci Miserlian
Reply With Quote Likes