Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I hope you get your luggage back. My daughter and I are going to rome this fall for the CK Europe cruise and I am so afraid that some of our luggage will be lost. We have made a deal to split up all of our important stuff between our suitcases. Were betting that both of our stuff won't get lost. I can just see us fighting over the autographed Lisa Bearnson book if one of ours gets lost. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #42  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 138 Likes on 75 Posts

yikes! that IS a nightmare! i lost luggage on the way home (thankfully not on the way to) my honeymoon. it makes y9ou have a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomache! but, 5 days later it was sitting on my doorstep when i came home from work, the airline had fedex'ed it. yea! it worked out good in the end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 09:13 PM   #43  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, I feel sick for you! I hope they find the bags soon. In the meantime, I hope you can be at peace. When I lose things, which is too often, I'm a wreck until I find them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2006, 10:55 PM   #44  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 29 Likes on 4 Posts

Hugs to You!!! Please keep us posted....

Faith
:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by lizzier
yikes! that IS a nightmare! i lost luggage on the way home (thankfully not on the way to) my honeymoon. it makes y9ou have a horrible feeling in the pit of your stomache! but, 5 days later it was sitting on my doorstep when i came home from work, the airline had fedex'ed it. yea! it worked out good in the end.
Same thing happened to us too! Only thing was, when they found the luggage they shipped it by Greyhound--COLLECT!! Can you believe that!? I did finally get my money back from them, but nothing other than a "generic" response! :rolleyes: Can you believe that! Oh well, we got our luggage back and that was all that mattered!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 04:27 AM   #46  
Gabfest Goddess

Hugs to you Gina!! Hopefully you'll hear some good news TODAY!! I took JetBlue out of JFK last year - direct flight, so worth it! Hope you had a wonderful experience at Convention, and hope you'll be in Denver next year!!!

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 04:33 AM   #47  
Mad Swapper

Hope you get the phone call today that your precious stamps have been found. That is just so distressing! Keep positive thoughts!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 04:57 AM   #48  
Matboard Maniac

ginapier,

I used to work for Disney Cruise Line at Orlando airport. Don't despair yet. We had a cast member from the ship that had his luggage lost with all the trinkets he bought over a year for his family from the different ports. There was all kinds of jewelry and very expensive other items. Anyway, we did all we could with the airlines to try to track this luggage that was now lost for over 6 months. My husband, being an airline pilot, came in to the office one day when the President of DCL called and "challenged" us to find the piece of luggage. My husband innocently said have you called Atlanta? We asked why would we call Atlanta. He told us that there is a place in Atlanta that deals with luggage that cannot find its family and the airlines can't figure out how to get it to them (whether it be tags fell off, people forgot to come and collect it, it was undeliverable for some reason). Anyway we called this place in Atlanta and within 2 hours sure enough this place found the bag that we had spent many months searching for and ALL the items were still in the bags. So I don't know how long your luggage has to be lost before it is sent to this warehouse so work with the airline then check with your airline to see if they know about this place or if they have a place similar that they send luggage they don't know what to do with to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 05:18 AM   #49  
Crimping Master

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginapier
90% of these items CAN NOT BE REPLACED!
THE AIRLINES LOST MY LUGGAGE! THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TRACK WHERE IT IS AND I AM HOME UNABLE TO ADMIRE MY SWAPS OR PLAY WITH MY STAMPS!
HEY.. why can't us Demo's mail you one of our convention swaps?
Give us your adddy and we'll start sending them your way. Hopefully you'll get enough to replace the one's you lost. I'm sending mine aside for you right now!
I wonder if you didn't call SU! DS and tell them about your situation...MAYBE they would send you new stamps.... it doesn't hurt to ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 07:41 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Gina,

I feel your pain. This happened to me last September. Two of my bags were lost, but eventually found. We were on a cruise, and I had nothing but the clothes on my back. Taught me to carry my make-up, swimsuit, and a change of clothes on my carry-on. I know you will get your stuff back. Just be patient!

The real secret of happiness is not what you give or receive; it's what you share.
-Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 08:17 AM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

That is just horrible! Awful! Many hugs! :(

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mommy2many/

SU Demonstrator (signed 7/9, Mr. Brown arrived on 7/24!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 08:47 AM   #52  
Crimping Master

I hope your bags are found soon! If not--please let us know so we can e-mail SU and convince them to replace your items from convention!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 08:50 AM   #53  
Insane Embellisher

Oh I am heartsick for you! Please keep us posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 10:04 AM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, that's so awful! I can only guess at how rotten you feel. I hope all the good experiences on here of luggage being found eventually help give you hope. My own experience has been that *everyone* I've know who has had lost luggage has had it turn up sooner or later. I'll keep you in my thoughts!!

My teenie weenie gallery :-)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #55  
SCS Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

UPDATE: as of today- still no sighting of my missing luggage. My poor hubby physically went to the claims area in the airport for me and ended up having a "confrontation" with the terribly RUDE, NASTY individuals that work there.

I called the airlines and they offered my a PO Box where I could write a letter of complaint!

I am sitting here at work, unabke to even think.

Trust me, I count my blessings and i am thankful for the convention experience, safe travels, family/hubby greeting me upon my return home- THE IMPORTAT things. I do not mean to whine about this, but only my fellow stampers could understand how I feel right about now.

So thanks for your continued positive thoughts and happy ending stories- I will continue to keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope for the bext.

Will keep you posted....:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 10:38 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gina,

Please pm me your address. Although I am certain you will get your luggage back sometime... I'll send you some swaps to tide you over!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 11:05 AM   #57  
Mad Swapper

Thinking of you and sympathizing. Keep us posted.

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gina I am so sorry! That is truly horrible! I will be happy to send you a copy of what I made for convention and the SCS dinner if your luggage doesn't show soon. {{{{{Gina}}}}} PM me your address and I'll get on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

Gina,
That happened to me after last year's convention. I took a red eye my luggage never made it to Boston. The demo I traveled with put her luggage in right after me, and all was fine. I had a connecting flight thru Newark, NJ, and later in the day once I was home JFK called me. They had my suitcase in NY, and couldn't get it to Boston in any quick amount of time. It had to go to Florida FIRST!!! Luckily I got it back late that night. I do feel your pain. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. If you had a connection, call that airport, or others in the state, if any. Good luck!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

Me again! Just read your initial post once again and see the JFK similarity. I'd call ALL the NY?NJ airports. maybe you'll get lucky.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 05:27 PM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginapier
UPDATE: as of today- still no sighting of my missing luggage. My poor hubby physically went to the claims area in the airport for me and ended up having a "confrontation" with the terribly RUDE, NASTY individuals that work there.

I called the airlines and they offered my a PO Box where I could write a letter of complaint!

I am sitting here at work, unabke to even think.

Trust me, I count my blessings and i am thankful for the convention experience, safe travels, family/hubby greeting me upon my return home- THE IMPORTAT things. I do not mean to whine about this, but only my fellow stampers could understand how I feel right about now.

So thanks for your continued positive thoughts and happy ending stories- I will continue to keep my fingers and toes crossed and hope for the bext.

Will keep you posted....:(
I'm so sorry that your husband had to go through that. That's just wrong given how much you've gone through. What airlines is it, if I may ask???

I don't know if you've called DS or not, but you might want to consider it. They might be able to help you with replacing your convention bag and other items you got at convention.

I'll still be keeping my fingers crossed for you that they end up finding it! I've heard stories of people getting their lost luggage a couple of months later, so there's still lots of hope!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #62  
Crimping Master

This makes ME feel sick - just thinking about it! I will pray that they find your stuff ... I think the chances are good that they will. A couple of years ago I went to stamp with another demo friend of mine who lives 200 miles away. We had a great time stamping all weekend and I had about 40-50 new cards in a bag on the floor of my car. (First mistake.) On the way home I stopped at a Burger King, had lunch and threw the empty bag down on the floor along with a couple of pop cans and some other wrappers etc. An hour or so later I stopped for gas. While my tank was filling, I thought "I'm going to tidy up the car a bit" so I grabbed all of the stuff on the passenger floor and threw it in the garbage there at the gas station. When I got home a couple of hours later, I realized what I had done .. that I had also thrown out all of the cards I had just made!!! I was absolutely SICK - literally SICK. I actually drove 100 miles back there early the next morning to see if they could retrieve my garbage but it had already been picked up. I was SO mad at myself I could hardly stand it. I STILL think about that incident from time to time and berate myself for it. It was SOOOOOO stupid! How utterly CARELESS! I don't know why I share all of that (your situation is totally different and not due to carelessness at all!) except to say I FEEL YOUR PAIN.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #63  
Glitter Guru

Let me just say there were MAJOR weight problems the last three days in SLC due to the heat. My DH and DS left on Saturday and they actually pushed back taxied down the runway and then came back to the gate and made 13 people get off the plane because the temperature had raised up so much they were overweight to get over the mountains. I can almost guarantee that luggage was taken off as well and more than likely yours was one that was taken off and probably ended up going elsewhere. I know it will turn up but how horrible for you waiting and waiting! Keep the faith and please let us know how it turns out!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #64  
Compulsive Stamper

My heart just sank when I read this, my luggage was lost a couple of weeks ago on a flight from a vacation, but I received it later in the week.
I can't imagine losing stamping stuff, that's serious business! Please let me know if/when you receive your luggage, I would like to get a campaign going for all of us that attended convention to send you a handful of swaps.
dar
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 07:39 PM   #65  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Lost Luggage

If you don't get yours back, I'd be glad to share! I can scan them and e-mail them to you. At least you'll get some beautiful cards. And the gals there were definitely talented. I got some beautiful cards. Sorry, no 6x6 or ATCs. Let me know, okay? And I'll say a little prayer they all come back to you in perfect shape! Have faith.
Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #66  
Crimping Master

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=parisotremba]HEY.. why can't us Demo's mail you one of our convention swaps?
Give us your adddy and we'll start sending them your way. Hopefully you'll get enough to replace the one's you lost. I'm sending mine aside for you right now!
quote]
PM me so I can send you some swaps!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to say that IF your luggage doesn't show up or if it does and the swaps/stamps are ruined, I would call your field service rep with SU. They may be willing to replace those stamp sets for you. I am not with SU, but used to be with Pampered Chef and I know they would have replaced items if they were lost due to the fault of the airline. Keep this in mind if your luggage doesn't show up soon or if it shows up damaged. Just a suggestion. SU loves their demonstrators and they WANT you to be happy. Best of luck to you and I'll be praying the luggage is found soon! By the way, let all these people who love you send you some swaps! It would help everyone feel like they're helping, even if it's just these small things! Consider it a random act of kindness and just say thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2006, 11:58 PM   #68  
Pearl-ExPert

This happened to my roommate & friend when we went to Milwaukee, WI regionals in freezing February. She had had to switch airlines & they couldn't tell her who had it! It took over 24 hours & lots of phone calls to the stupid automated phone number, & an intervention from a travel agent in our group, but it was finally located & retrieved. Good luck & write that letter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 12:09 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

How awful!!! Just want to say keep hoping for the best.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 AM   #70  
Insane Embellisher

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I didn't go to convention this year but I could not stop reading this thread! I feel so bad for you I want to make a swap for you and send it to you anyway!

I did go to convention 2004 and brought back 400 swaps (yes, insane, I know) and there was no way I could put them all in my carryon. I picked out my favorites the night before and checked the rest in case. Wouldn't you know it was a smaller plane and they DID have to gate-check because it wouldn't fit in the overhead! However, I was lucky, no problems.

I have learned a lot about retrieving lost luggage, but here are a few more tips I always try to do when traveling:

If you are traveling with another person, take out a complete change of clothes for each person and pack it into their bag. Chances are you both won't lose your luggage and that way if they lose yours, you'll still have something to wear the next day.

If you are traveling for business, put a business outfit in a carry on bag. My husband was going to a conference a couple years ago and his coworker lost his luggage and had to do a presentation first thing in the morning wearing his sweats! It was too early for him to go buy something else and it was very embarrassing.

Of course, put your name and address somewhere inside the bag as well. And if possible, write down exactly what you packed in the bag for insurance purposes. I think airlines have cap on how much they will replace if you don't have proof. Usually your homeowner's insurance will cover this. It's also helpful if you have receipts for anything you recently purchased, like new clothes for the trip, etc. If you have a digital camera you could even take a quick photo of everything before you put it in the suitcase as well. That would definitely help.

Again, I am so sorry this happened to you! Please call SU and maybe they'll replace your bag and stamp sets. If you bought any thing at memento mall I'm sure there are some kind demos from the second session who would buy you new ones. And I am so grateful to see all the kind demos who have offered to send you new swaps -- it is so nice to be reminded of the kindness of other demos. You are all such good people!

"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." -- Louisa May Alcott
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=15375
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 06:31 AM   #71  
Stampin' Fool

Hugs to you - that stinks!! I too have done the lost luggage dance, eventually it has always turned up (usually 2-3 days later - sometimes it has literally been on the wrong side of the world and found it's way back) so don't give up hope - I'm praying all your wonderful goodies turn up on your doorstep very soon.

My Blog www.ozzigirl.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #72  
Mad Swapper

I hope this story has a happy ending! I can't imagine how you feel! hugs to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #73  
Mad Swapper

Please post and tell us WHEN they find it because I have a feeling deep in my heart it will show up.

(((((HUGS))))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 10:34 AM   #74  
SCS Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Update for today... things are looking grim. I contacted everyone I could possible think of through midnight last night and no sightings or word on the lost luggage!

I would hate to take all of you up on your offers to mail me a copy of your swap but I am thinking, if you have extras, I just may have to... I would really appreciate any that I get...so I will post my address. (But if the luggage hopefully appears- then I will feel bad all of you went out of your way to send me a swap card...so I am on the fence about posting this too soon)

Oh well.... Here it is...

Gina Pierce
52 Park Avenue, Apt G
Amityville, NY 11701

Thank you so much in advance!!! I really appreciate all of your thoughts, and tips from past experiences and I am doing everything I can to locate my bag...

Gina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Even if you get your luggage back - there are a bunch of us who will happily send you some anyway!!!! Silly girl. We just feel so helpless for you and in all actuality sending you some swaps will make me feel good about me. So there - it's all about me, not you. Feel better now?

Thanks for your address - keep watch over the next couple of days!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #76  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I still think you luggage will return within a few days. The Hub of your airline prolly has a lost luggage center in that city. You need to contact them. THey typically keep it for a certain time then it goes to charity or another lost place for another certain time. (It is a pretty long time so you still have a good chance)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #77  
Gabfest Goddess

Wow!! I'm so sorry this happened to you.

One year at Founders 2 demo's luggage got lost on the way there!!! They had nothing for the first 3 days of the trip and it is only a 4 day trip. Another one of my good friends had her luggage lost on the way to the Alaska cruise so her and her hubby had nothing to wear. Everyone helped her out and she always had a smile on her face. I cannot imagine it happening to me.

Have a better day. I didn't read all the replies but did you try calling SU to see if they will send you the 6 stamp sets?? They just might.

Robyn

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 07:35 AM   #78  
Stampin' Fool

I've been keeping up with this thread and am really praying that it shows up soon. Lost luggage #'s are out of control these days. I am in the airline industry and it infuriates me that there is not a better system for keeping bags with the passengers more efficiently.
I am also sorry that you have been dealing with unsympathetic customer service. Just another thing that irks me about my industry. Too many workers who don't really care. I can't tell you how many hours I spend on the plane trying to work out customer problems that are so avoidable.

(off my soapbox now)

Good luck to you and I hope you get it soon!
-:�:- ((��.��

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 08:40 AM   #79  
Abbe-licious

oh no gina....hoping it shows up soon!!!:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #80  
Glitter Guru

I was really hoping to get to the end of this thread and find out that your luggage has reappeared! I didn't get to go to convention, so I can only imagine how bad you feel =( I am so hoping that this will have a happy ending!

Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes