Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2005, 04:53 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cost of cards?

Hey - I'm getting ready to make a bunch of cards to sell at a craft fair. How do you best figure out how much to charge? Also, what about selling individual cards vs. in packs of 5-10... what success have you had? Please help me out!

Thanks!

Sally Henry
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2005, 06:24 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I sell the cards I make...haven't at a craft fair, but have about 12 good customers who constantly buy from me. I think the amount you can sell them for depends on where you live. Around here, I charge $2.00 per card, and I think that's about all I could get. I know some people say they can sell for $4-5, but I would rather price mine so I know they will sell. It is not unusual for someone to order $80 worth at a time, so I feel I have a good amount coming in to put back into stamps! I would rather sell individual cards than bunches, because I DO want my $2.00 per card and probably wouldn't get that for groups of cards.
HTH

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I sell mine individually, but then offer a buy 4 get one free deal. This lets them choose their own assortment.
I've decided to price mine all at $2.50 and then say 5/$10.
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2005, 07:36 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I sell mine at $2 each or 4 for $10. I also have prepackaged note card sets usually 4 for $10. If someone places a bulk order, I give them a bit of a discount but no less than $1.75 per card. There are a few cards I make that I sell for $3 or $4, like my 4 in one, spinner, or pop up cards! I usually keep those in a seperate basket but the others are in a card spinner! The best way to show my cards!!

Edited to add:
I have had some questions about the card spinner I mentioned above. I got the 96 pocket card spinner from
http://www.displaywarehouse.com/show...=526&advid=500

Attached is a photo of the spinner in use at a show this spring. I had printed the card categories on some white cardstock but the humitity made them curl so I invested in some matboard from clearbags.com and printed the categories on labels and adhered these labels at the top of the matboard. It looks MUCH more professional! I won't have another photo until the week after labor day. When I do, I will post it here!
Attached Thumbnails
Cost of cards?-card-spinner-scs.jpg  

Last edited by wagonwheelorchard; 08-26-2005 at 04:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 07:50 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thumbs up Sold cards at county fair

I recently sold my cards at the county fair. The fair got 25% of sales and so I figured that into my pricing. I sold individual cards, sets of 4 cards, and larger cards. After the Fair got their %age I got : $3 for larger cards, $2 for individual cards and about $6.50 for a card set. Remember, I had to keep in mind overall price and the percentage given to the Fair. One other person was selling SU! cards at the fair and was selling cards sets of 4 for a similar price to mine. (I did end up selling over $150 of cards, which is going toward signing on as a Demo. Hee hee : > )
HTH,

Ellen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 08:36 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I have had a booth at two craft fairs a year for the past 2-3 years -- one in the spring and one in the fall. I charge $3-$4 per card depending on the detail and amount of embellishments. I also sell in packs and will charge 4 for $10. I am constantly amazed that people don't even seem to flinch at the price of the cards -- and it's because they pay much more than that at Hallmark or anywhere else -- and don't get nearly the same kind of detail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 09:08 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I generally sell my cards way cheap, 1.50 per. If they are like waterfall cards, I charge more. Around my area, I haven't found I can sell for very much. This year I am joining a craft bizaare, and hopefully, will be able to sell them for a little more. I am also selling this year, gift sets, with the gift box that holds 6 cards and envies, and gonna try for about 10-12.50.
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 09:25 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am getting ready to sell some of my pre-made cards too and was wondering the same. My husband didnt think people would pay more than $1.50 - 2.00 a piece???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 05:50 PM   #9  
Glitter Queen

Smile Thanks!

Hi there! Wow, thanks for all of your input! I think I have decided to sell my cards for $2 each, with a buy 4 get one free deal. I'm also going to make tumbled stone coasters (10 for 4) and trivets ($5 each), marble magnets, etc. to show the versatility of stamping. I'm also going to have a drawing of some kind, to also generate some workshop bookings hopefully! Your tips were invaluable! Wish me luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 05:52 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Tell your hubby he's selling you cheap! think of all the work you put into your cards - though i agree, for a basic card I would charge no less than $2 - more if there was embossing or a special technique (spinner, waterfall) - given what Hallmark charges, I think our customers are getting a great deal! And, as I tell my customers, not having to take three small children into Hallmark is worth every penny! :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by havefunstampin
I am getting ready to sell some of my pre-made cards too and was wondering the same. My husband didnt think people would pay more than $1.50 - 2.00 a piece???
Reply With Quote Likes