Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2006, 11:49 AM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianerh
Oh morgysmom---I can't find the fisherman bracelet. What am I doing wrong? Can you please help? I'd love to see it!!! OR...can anyone help? Pretty please? ;-)
I looked for it too but didn't see it. Would love to though. ;)

~With GOD all things are possible ~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Yes, please, morgysmom -- I'd love to see the bracelet too.

Also, I just saw a great idea for bag and box-a-lopes. They had one made from a vellum envelope to make a luminary. I think you could make them fast and cheap. Sell a set of 6 for $5. Have one lit on your table to draw attention. I think they would go over like hotcakes during the holiday season.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #43  
Rubber Obsessor

My brain is in overdrive. Like the "color me" cards, you could use Cold Play and a circle punch to make make your own snowman cards. Package a blank card, the parts of the snowman and a glue stick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by WholeLottaStampinGoinOn
I looked for it too but didn't see it. Would love to though. ;)

That is weird! It was in her gallery, because I looked at it the other day. It was way cute! I can't find it now though. I just looked and it wasn't there. Unless I somehow looked at someone else's bracelet, but I swear it was hers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 02:58 PM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by boydonthehill
Yes, please, morgysmom -- I'd love to see the bracelet too.

Also, I just saw a great idea for bag and box-a-lopes. They had one made from a vellum envelope to make a luminary. I think you could make them fast and cheap. Sell a set of 6 for $5. Have one lit on your table to draw attention. I think they would go over like hotcakes during the holiday season.

Were is a picture of these? Do you have one? I would love to have a visual! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by boydonthehill
My brain is in overdrive. Like the "color me" cards, you could use Cold Play and a circle punch to make make your own snowman cards. Package a blank card, the parts of the snowman and a glue stick.

Now that is a DANG CUTE IDEA! I will have to give that one a try! Have you seen those build a snowman kits? I saw one last year and they are so dang cute! It has all the pieces to make a real snowman, well except for the snow of course, but thee buttons and a scarf and eyes, nose, mouth. I wish I had more time to prepare for this! At least I am getting some good ideas for if I do it next year too. I am just gonna have to sit down and work my butt off till the craft fair!

Keep these cute ideas comin!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 03:19 PM   #47  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I am doing a fair on Saturday and made a whole bagful of little treat pouches filled with candy (the ones that look like the sour cream containers)...I used Halloween paper and I'm looking to charge $2 each...there are always a bunch of kids with thier own money and I wouldn't want them to spend it on adult things...at leats they can get candy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 05:06 PM   #48  
Glitter Queen

The picture of the bracelet was removed because it had no actual stamping on it (oops!), so I could e-mail a picture of it to anyone that would like to see it. The build a snowman card idea sounds way cute. I try to gear a lot of what I make to little girls there with mom or grandma. . . it works! One little girl that was there at a table with her mom kept coming over to buy cheap things from me. It was so cute cuz she bought a color me card (I also sold individual ones made with the kid cards set with two crayons tied on with a ribbon) then took it back to her table, colored it and gave it back to me. Anyway, make sure to tell us how it went when it's over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 07:22 AM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgysmom
The picture of the bracelet was removed because it had no actual stamping on it (oops!), so I could e-mail a picture of it to anyone that would like to see it. The build a snowman card idea sounds way cute. I try to gear a lot of what I make to little girls there with mom or grandma. . . it works! One little girl that was there at a table with her mom kept coming over to buy cheap things from me. It was so cute cuz she bought a color me card (I also sold individual ones made with the kid cards set with two crayons tied on with a ribbon) then took it back to her table, colored it and gave it back to me. Anyway, make sure to tell us how it went when it's over.

I thought that I had seen it. I was wondering if I had just imagined it! LOL! Anyway, I really liked it and was wondering if you could send me pic. my
e-mail is [email protected]. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 07:29 AM   #50  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgysmom

Don't you just loved little kids! I am a school crossing guard and I just love talking to the kids! I have several that sit and talk with me for awhile and tell me how there day went. Some will bring me flowers that they have picked along the way and bring them to me! So yeah I am going to have those color me cards. I also thought about making those puzzles also and selling them. What do you think? Knowing me though, I will have a kid that will be looking at them and if they can't buy one or whatever, I will probably end up giving them to them. Guess I will make sure that I have plenty. Those will be quick and easy since there is no coloring on my part. I will be able to stamp up a ton in a short time! Thanks for all your help, and I will for sure let everyone know how it goes!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 07:46 AM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

I also would like to see the fishermen bracelet.
My e-mail is [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 208 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Craft fair ideas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherrie
I am thinking of participating in a craft fair in November for my first time. I was wondering if those of you who have done craft fairs before can share what you made and what were your best sellers, etc. I have never done this before and I am not sure were to start and what to make. I am trying to earn money to help pay for a touch screen computer for my daughter for Christmas. She has cerebal palsy and has a hard time using her right side. Her therapists have been telling us to get one of these to help her use her right hand. We just haven't had the money to get one. So if any one can help and give me some ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
One of the things that I find sell really well are stamped candles. I buy mine by the case at Costco or Ikea in various sizes and stamp them with any of the Christmas sets or Flower sets. They sell like hotcakes because they are so cheap and look more difficult than they really are.
Good Luck with your sale!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 09:42 AM   #53  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnetteMac
One of the things that I find sell really well are stamped candles. I buy mine by the case at Costco or Ikea in various sizes and stamp them with any of the Christmas sets or Flower sets. They sell like hotcakes because they are so cheap and look more difficult than they really are.

I love making stamped candles. How much are they usually at Costco? How much do you charge for them? We did them for club last year, and they all thought that they would be there all night long until they saw how to make them. Then they were really excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #54  

Default bag a lopes

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnetteMac
I've always wanted to try stamping on candles! Do you use regular stamping ink or a special kind?

Also, I found the template for bag-a-lopes today and tried making them...they are so easy and quick! I'm making a few and filling them with candy to sell at my fair on Saturday...here's a picture of them...I used loads of love for it! Good Luck, I have to get busy myself!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #55  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbie
I've always wanted to try stamping on candles! Do you use regular stamping ink or a special kind?

Also, I found the template for bag-a-lopes today and tried making them...they are so easy and quick! I'm making a few and filling them with candy to sell at my fair on Saturday...here's a picture of them...I used loads of love for it! Good Luck, I have to get busy myself!

I stamp them with the tissue paper. You use regular ink, stamp you image on tissue paper, color it. Then you cut the image out as close to the image as possible. Put the image on the candle put a piece of wax paper over that and heat with your heating tool till the tissue paper is melted in the candle. My kids think that I am magic because the tissue paper just disappears! They love watching me make them. I cut a piece of wax paper that is as tall as the candle and that can wrap around the candle with some extra that you can hold onto, so you don't burn your hands. Also, let your heat gun heat up for a couple of seconds before heating the paper. You want to heat up the paper just till the tissue paper is melted or it melts the candle too much. It is quick and simple and everyone does seem to love them! I helped my mom make about 2 dozen of these last year for Christmas presents. Let me know if you have any other questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 10:55 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I made a bag-a-lope for the first time a couple of weeks ago. They are so fun to make! We did halloween ones. I had them brayer orange ink on the envelope first, then used the color spritzer tool with a black marker. Then we made a tag with the tag punch and the booglie eyes set. I punched a hole in the top with the word window punch for a handle. They turned out way cute! I will try to upload a picture of it to my gallery a little later so you can see them. I like yours too! I have that set, but have never used it! Now I am going to have to make some bag-a-lopes using that set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 AM   #57  

Thanks Cherrie! I can't wait to try it, I'm off to the dollar store right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks Cherrie! I can't wait to try it, I'm off to the dollar store right now!

YOU'RE WELCOME! That is were I bought my candles last year. Towards Christmas time they had peppermint smelling ones, and when we melted the tissue paper on them the room smelled like peppermint! It was great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #59  
Kookie Creator

I was just at Target a couple of days ago and saw those boo kits for sale! It cost $4.00 for two Halloween gift bags, instructions, the "I've been boo'd" sign and the smallest bag of candy corn I've ever seen.

So I was thinking it might be a cute craft fair item. I don't know if it would sell, but Target has them and I know you talented ladies can make way cuter kits than that. ;) I'm actually doing a boo kit this year for my office (but unfortunately I can't decorate it too much because then they would know it was me ).

Just thought I would drop this idea along to you lovely ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpchipmunk
I was just at Target a couple of days ago and saw those boo kits for sale! It cost $4.00 for two Halloween gift bags, instructions, the "I've been boo'd" sign and the smallest bag of candy corn I've ever seen.

So I was thinking it might be a cute craft fair item. I don't know if it would sell, but Target has them and I know you talented ladies can make way cuter kits than that. ;) I'm actually doing a boo kit this year for my office (but unfortunately I can't decorate it too much because then they would know it was me ).

Just thought I would drop this idea along to you lovely ladies.

I haven't heard of a boo kit. What is it? Is it the stuff were you attach the thing to someones door, leave them candy, and then knock and run! Or am I just crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #61  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherrie
I haven't heard of a boo kit. What is it? Is it the stuff were you attach the thing to someones door, leave them candy, and then knock and run! Or am I just crazy!
That's basically what it is. You put a goodie bag on someone's door and leave a note that tells them to pass along the favor and boo someone else (there's a couple of cute poems for it). It also includes a sign that they are supposed to hang that says they've already been boo'd. It's a really cute idea. I hope my coworkers like it and participate.

So a boo kit has a goodie bag (candy or anything), an "I've been boo'd" sign and a poem or note that tells them what it is about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 03:38 PM   #62  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpchipmunk
That's basically what it is. You put a goodie bag on someone's door and leave a note that tells them to pass along the favor and boo someone else (there's a couple of cute poems for it). It also includes a sign that they are supposed to hang that says they've already been boo'd. It's a really cute idea. I hope my coworkers like it and participate.

So a boo kit has a goodie bag (candy or anything), an "I've been boo'd" sign and a poem or note that tells them what it is about.

That what I thought! Thanks for sharing! Halloween will be over by then, but maybe I could do a different one for Christmas. Any ideas!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2006, 01:41 PM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

b
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2006, 01:54 PM   #64  

So I did my fair today and was disappointed...I didn't sell as much as I thought I would...oh well, next time...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #65  
Crimping Master

Resqbarbie...Sorry you're disappointed in your sales. I'm sure it will improve next time. What *did* sell?
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

So I did my fair today and was disappointed...I didn't sell as much as I thought I would...oh well, next time...

I am sorry! Wish you had a better turn out. There is always next time. And you have more time to prepare for it. Did you make any of the candles? If so how did they turn out? I hope my instructions on making them helped you! How was the crowd at the fair? Were there a lot of people? I am sure that it was nothing you did that caused not as good of a turn out as you thought. I have read so many posts were a lot of people just don't have good success and then some that do. I am worried about when I do mine also. I am afraid that I am going to be putting to much time into this and not do good myself. What kind of things did you have out for sale? What did you sell the most of and what didn't sell at all? I hope you don't mind me asking questions.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2006, 06:20 AM   #67  

weirdly, my paper bag albums sold well...nad embellished note pads, diaries, address/date books sold well too. It's the things I made alot of that didn't sell like paper purses and box albums...not one of the bag alopes sold! I even punched holes in the back and filled them with pot-pourri to sell as sachets...no go! I haven't tried the candels yet...I actually burned 2 fingers on my right hand (of course i am right handed) and have it all wrapped up now so i can't do anything for a while...this took me forever to type with one hand. Consider me on a short hiatus for a while! Good luck with your fair!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #68  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

weirdly, my paper bag albums sold well...nad embellished note pads, diaries, address/date books sold well too. It's the things I made alot of that didn't sell like paper purses and box albums...not one of the bag alopes sold! I even punched holes in the back and filled them with pot-pourri to sell as sachets...no go! I haven't tried the candels yet...I actually burned 2 fingers on my right hand (of course i am right handed) and have it all wrapped up now so i can't do anything for a while...this took me forever to type with one hand. Consider me on a short hiatus for a while! Good luck with your fair!

I hope that your hand gets better fast! It must be a real pain to not be able to use your hand. Do you have a picture of your paper bag albums? I would like to see a pic if you do. I have never made one, but I would like to. I just can't decide were to start. Like what design to do or theme. Or colors to use. I am fairly new at this stuff. I have pretty much just done the basic cards and scrapbooks. Did you just buy the address/date books and then cover them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 05:39 AM   #69  
Crimping Master

Hey, Morgysmom! I made some of those bracelets and attached a stamped note sort of like yours. I've got a great TAC retired fishing set. Anyway....they turned out soooo cute! I even found some swivel snaps that were gold & silver so made some out of those too! We'll see how they sell. My first show of the season is Oct. 16. THANKS for the idea!!!!! :-)
TAC Demonstrator #1484/Manager, Smilin' Stampers
My TAC Site My BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 10:26 AM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

My neighbor made little Christmas pins out of uncapped bottle caps. She purchased them at a local Beer and Wine suply store. She cut out/stamped images of Christmas and then covered the top of the pictures with Crystal effects. She then hot glued craft pins on the back. They are very inexpensive to made and they sold like hotcakes. She sold out of them completely!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 10:34 AM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeniceJean
My neighbor made little Christmas pins out of uncapped bottle caps. She purchased them at a local Beer and Wine suply store. She cut out/stamped images of Christmas and then covered the top of the pictures with Crystal effects. She then hot glued craft pins on the back. They are very inexpensive to made and they sold like hotcakes. She sold out of them completely!

Do you have a picture of any of these? They sound like they would be fun to make! And fast for that matter! How much did she sell them for?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks I appreciate all these ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #73  
Matboard Maniac

I would love to see a picture of these bracelets everyone is talking about! They sound really interesting to make. I am doing craft show end of Nov.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #74  
Matboard Maniac

There are a lot of great ideas on this thread! I've been toying with the idea of trying to do a craft fair with my husband. He does woodworking and I do the stamping. I thought it might appeal to men and women together

After reading everything I thought of an idea that combined two of the ideas I read here. I think you can get small white puzzles at the craft store. At least I seem to remember seeing them cheap in packs at A.C. Moore. Then you could stamp images on them and attach crayons or paints for a color your own puzzle deal. Kids get to color it but then also play with it afterwards.

I hope you all do well at your craft fairs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 03:51 AM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

Wow... this is such a great thread!! I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what sets you could use for the colour your own cards for kids... I don't have any of the 'crayon kids' sets, but I know I could sell lots of them if I could just think of a good set!!
Thanks in advance!
Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 06:19 AM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Fun Frame

I respectfully submit the attached idea, provided I did it right.
Attached Thumbnails
craft fair ideas?-dog-frame.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: doc Fun_Frame_Card.doc (25.0 KB, 70 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 06:28 AM   #77  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamk
I respectfully submit the attached idea, provided I did it right.
Very cute frame!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #78  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggirl
There are a lot of great ideas on this thread! I've been toying with the idea of trying to do a craft fair with my husband. He does woodworking and I do the stamping. I thought it might appeal to men and women together

After reading everything I thought of an idea that combined two of the ideas I read here. I think you can get small white puzzles at the craft store. At least I seem to remember seeing them cheap in packs at A.C. Moore. Then you could stamp images on them and attach crayons or paints for a color your own puzzle deal. Kids get to color it but then also play with it afterwards.

I hope you all do well at your craft fairs!

I was thinking the same thing! I know my kids love to do puzzles and to color. And this way, they can still use the picture after they color it! Now hopefully I can find some puzzles at the store!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #79  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursehb8
Wow... this is such a great thread!! I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas of what sets you could use for the colour your own cards for kids... I don't have any of the 'crayon kids' sets, but I know I could sell lots of them if I could just think of a good set!!
Thanks in advance!
Heather

I think a might make some using that All Mixed Up set. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #80  
Pearl-ExPert

My friend and I, who are getting some things together for sale, are thinking of using the loads of love set for the kids cards. That has things in it that have bigger images for little fingers to color. I'm still looking through the little library of stamps that I have but I'm just going to try to find some stamps that have bigger images to color. Mary
Reply With Quote Likes