Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-06-2005, 04:59 AM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crafters / Craft Shows

I've been thinking alot about changing my focus from demonstrator to crafter, mostly becuase i enjoy so many other kinds of crafts. I am wondering if anybody here is in a similar situation or is a crafter and NOT a demonstrator at all..

What kinds of crafts do you enjoy? How do you price your stuff and where do you sell it?

Thank you I appreciate all replies.

Helen Chibnik
Middletown. NJ
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2005, 05:16 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Hi! I am a fellow crafter..I love to do any kind of craft and try to sell as much as I can or make gifts so there is a new home for my creations. :lol: I signed up with TAC because of this. I wanted to be able to sell the cards I make in my dad's gift shop / craft store. He sells mostly Cedar items and I put my cards, coasters etc in there and as it is stationary that would be against SU policy soooo I went with TAC as they encourage me to sell and they have a much smaller investment and quarterly amount....also you can just start ordering againto reinstate if you miss on a quarter. I love to sew, crochet, paint in all media and now stamp my fool head off! I plan on getting in to some craft shows too as I just love to do this and need to justify the expense since I have quit nursing and so not making as much money!!

ASAP..... Always Say A Prayer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2005, 05:34 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I actually did a craft show right away after becoming hooked on stamping. It was mildly successful. I did another craft show about a month later and it was hugely successful. I think that timing means a lot with some crafts. I would love to do more craft shows but may decide not to only because they are hugely time consuming. You not only have the time for the show itself - which is usually on a weekend (the entire weekend), but also you will have the time to make the cards. Don't get me wrong here, I love to make cards and other stamped items. It can be time consuming though to make enough cards and other items to fill a booth at a craft fair. Remember too that all craft fairs will have some costs associated with them not only for the booth but for supply items too and may take a while to earn your money back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2005, 05:39 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

Default crafters

What kind of craft shows did you do and how do you find out about them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-06-2005, 06:06 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

I posted a reply on this very subject hoping it would help someone, maybe that someone is you...I really did learn alot through three craft fairs! I wish you well in whatever you choose, it is alot of work...Here's the link Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes