Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-16-2005, 01:37 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default creative memories new trimmer

I am thinking about purchasing the new creative memories trimmer that was released this month. I thought it might work out good for when I am making cards away from home and I don't want to take my carl trimmer with. Does anyone have any feedback on this? Good or Bad?

Thanks,
Kat
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2005, 01:54 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

there is a lot of info about this on www.scrapshare.com alot of it is in the consultant area (anyone can access it though) but you can do a search also, most people seem to like it better than the fiskars trimmer that SU offered last year but I have read a lot of posts about people cutting their fingers, you might check out that site for more info

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2005, 02:02 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

Take a look at the Cutterpede trimmer. It's about the same size for portability, has a switchable rotary blade and great markings for accuracy. I use my Fiskars for cutting paper in half and the Cutterpede for scoring and accuracy. I purchased mine at a scrapbook store where it was reccommended by someone who makes lots of cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2005, 02:25 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I used to use the Fiskars trimmer, but it never cut straight and the blades got dull really fast. Than, I ordered the cutterpede trimmer. I totally love it!!! You should try it. I havn't seen the new CM trimmer yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Default creative memories new trimmer

I haven't seen the new CM cutter, but I do like almost everything they come out with.

I have used the cutterpede that some of the others recommended and that is a good cutter too.

You may want to check out the newest Fiskars Craft trimmer that is at Michaels. I believe you can get it for $24 with a coupon. Unlike previous Fiskars cutters which cut crooked because the blade was in a plastic runner that would bend if you put pressure on it, the new one has a metal guide that the blade runs along side of as it cuts. Also, it comes with 3 different cutting guides. One has specific size square/rectangles boldly marked so it is easy to know exactly where to line it up to get a 3 x 5 card, etc. The other cutting guide that is really cool is one that has diagonal guides. By this I mean that if you wanted to cut out a fan shape or a triangle shape and you wanted each angle to be exactly 30%, you can just line up the paper along the diagonals. These guides pop in and out with great ease.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2005, 04:00 PM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I got the CM trimmer last weekend and I love it!

I felt bad because I have neglected my CM friend since I've become a SU demo, she showed me the trimmer and I had to get it. It is nice and sturdy and it does have a pull out arm to measure 12" CS. There are measurements on it to cut different angles too.

HTH

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Hi!!! I am a CM consultant and a stamper. The new trimmer rocks.
I received an email comparing it to the fiskar and CM came out on top. It is just more durable and only 19.50...a little less than the stores and don't forget it comes with one year warranty unlike stores. Good Luck with your decision.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2005, 05:08 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

what about the price of the replacement blades and how many do you get in a refill pack?
Reply With Quote Likes