Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2005, 06:18 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crimper question???

I've seen some really nice cards that use cardstock that is ONLY crimped in the middle.... How do you do that? I have a Marvy crimper and I can't figure out a way to put the paper in without crimping it and then start crimping and stop again....

thanks for any help here...

catskilltreasure
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 06:38 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know anything about your brand of crimper, but with mine (the one SU sells) when you put the paper in don't squeeze the handle until you want the paper crimped, twist and let up on the handle when done.

Gosh I hope that makes sense.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 06:39 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just push the cardstock towards the center in the crimper. Turn just a few clicks and then pull it out. I am not sure, if I have the Marvy one or not. I have the one in the SU catty, but got mine on sale at a craft store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #4  
PAPER SCAPER

I believe you have the same one I do that says Corru-gator with a picture of a gator on top. That�s the only Marvy brand I�ve ever seen. It�s not the same style Stampin Up has in the catalog which is orange and purple. It is a little harder to use for middle of the paper crimping but I learned a trick that makes it easier so here goes and I hope you understand this. Putting thoughts into words isn�t my greatest accomplishment in life!

Using a piece of paper that is 4 �� by 5 �� (the average card size we make), put your paper in the crimper but don�t close the lid. Bend the paper over without creasing it and line it up to the outside edge where the lid goes into the base when opening (the side with the gator on it). This will start you off at the center of the paper. You can also use a ruler to put measurements on the lid with a permanent marker and you need two sets for lining up each side of the paper. I advise doing it in pencil first and test before a permanent marker is used.
The other way of doing it is to measure and mark with a pencil on the paper (then erase when you�re done). Line these marks up to one of the peaks on the roller. Some cardstock won�t bend without creasing so this is better for those.
I learned this middle of the paper technique on the style Stampin Up carries and I must admit it�s easier than our style. If you don�t understand me feel free to ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default crimper thanks

Rox 71 -- Yes I have the one that you wrote about... AND you'll probably find this hard to believe but I never new that it opened up.... Thanks for the help. I've got it figured out now and am off to get dishes done so I can make a few cards..

Thanks to all.
Catskilltreasure
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2005, 04:29 PM   #6  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatskillStamper
AND you'll probably find this hard to believe but I never new that it opened up....
I did laugh when I read this but the reason being - it brought back the memory of my ignorance of this tool� I thought when I opened it up for the first time, that it was a storage compartment! I wondered - what for? Good thing my SIL had one so she could educate me!
Those with the other style will never understand this one! Glad I could help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 02:38 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatskillStamper
AND you'll probably find this hard to believe but I never new that it opened up.... Catskilltreasure
Sorry to Butt -in .
But until I read this thread I didnt know they opened either, and have for the past few hours on and off been crimping paper in the middle ..Just because I can. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 03:59 AM   #8  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traceyb
Sorry to Butt -in .
But until I read this thread I didnt know they opened either,
Now you both have me wondering just how I knew that thing opened, I never saw my SIL's, she just told me which one she liked best. Honestly, after trying the other one, I like it best! But I'll keep what I have and save money for stamps!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 04:05 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

One of my newbie stampers was playing with the corrugator (the one in the SU catalog - don't know if it will work on the one you described). She crimped a strip of paper edge to edge but on a diagonal...then put it though a 2nd time - this time inserting the strip half way and only crimping a few turns. She ended up with a patterned-crimped strip. I donlt know if my description makes sense, but the outcome was really cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 04:16 AM   #10  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by ny2nh
One of my newbie stampers was playing with the corrugator (the one in the SU catalog - don't know if it will work on the one you described). She crimped a strip of paper edge to edge but on a diagonal...then put it though a 2nd time - this time inserting the strip half way and only crimping a few turns. She ended up with a patterned-crimped strip. I donlt know if my description makes sense, but the outcome was really cool!
Fine description, and yes it works on our style also. They will both do the same functions but the Marvy I thought was a little harder for lining up a middle strip function. But it does seem to lock closed easier than the SU style which is also sold in craft stores, I think this style has to be held closed and Marvy seems to lock when it turns. I only used it once so maybe someone that owns one can say for sure if I'm correct on that.
Reply With Quote Likes