Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Demo Minimum Questions...

I just read the question about the Demo Discounts, and that bring up another set of questions for me.

I am also considering being a Hobby Demo. Does SU really frown on this, or do they even care?

And...how much do you have to spend monthly/quarterly to maintain your demo status?

What about your starter kit? How much is it? Does the purchase of it go towards your monthly/quarterly minimums?

What are the +'s & -'s? (Other than the obvious Get more stamps at a better price! hee hee)

Thanks!
~Melanwee
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

The quarterly minimum is $300. The kit costs 199 plus tax, unless you get the add on stampin memories kit for an additional $50 plus tax. I think that Su operates on the "It takes all kinds" philosophy. I have been a hobby demo for about 2 years and no one has ever said a word to me. The kit does not count towards your minimum. I have never once regretted signing up. When I started, it was little ole me trying to make my minimum, then I started offering stamp night once a month at $5 a person for 3 projects. This has worked out really well for me. HTH, PM me if you have any more questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 03:09 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Skype™ to diane860
Default Another Question

I am also considering signing up as a demo, mostly for the discount. My question is on the timing of signing up....I know they sometimes offer specials to new demo's if they sign up at a certain time. Is anything coming up? When is a good time to sign up?

Thanks in advance...Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 03:13 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I am a "Hobby" demo and only sell to myself LOL - I like being able to purchase the preorders before anyone else sees them. I guess it depends on if you are going to sell to yourself or others. So far i haven't had any problem meeting minimum just by sneaking away a bit of money here and there. You get your demo discount which imo its like No Tax or shipping is what it amounts too. I don't regret it one bit and hope to be able to stay in a long time. I do have 1 friend the occassionally orders which helps.

I haven't heard anything about any demo signup perks since i started which was Jan 1.

Anytime is a good time IMO - especially now with the new catty. You get to pick your stamp sets equal to the one's in the starter kit if you don't like the one's they put in there. Which i picked out all my own stamps and colors when i started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default well..

Diane, there has been word that there will be a special Demo signup deal starting on 8/1. If you already have an upline person/Demo then they should be able to look in the 7/15 version of Stampin' Success (when it comes out) and tell you what the special will be. That way you can decide if you want to wait & sign up or sign up in July.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

One thing that isn't often pointed out, is that you get more than $199 worth of products in the Demo Kit. Yes, you may already own some of the basics in there, VersaMark, wheel handle, scrub, but those are things you might need duplicates of if you do end up doing workshops.

I signed up just as a hobby, but I had an open house soon after my kit arrived. I ended up selling $271 to friends and neighbors with very little work or preparation. We basically chatted, stamped, and had a good time. You generally have more than 3 months to make your first quarterly minimum too. It's due your first FULL quarter after you sign up, so if you do it now, you don't have to make $300 in sales till December!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default another demo minimum question

I know you have to sell a minimum of $300 a quarter - I'm assuming that's every quarter. Meaning: you manage to have a good (or great) first quarter and sell $900. I'm assuming that you still have to sell $300 each quarter after that for the year to stay current, instead of only having to sell an additional $300 for the rest of the year (equivalent to $100 per remaining quarter).

Is that question clear to anyone but me? I'm also considering becoming a hobby demo. I don't want to have to purchase $100 per month myself just to get a discount. I may have a few friends that would purchase from me, but my area is so saturated with demos that I'm constantly running into people who try to recruit me when they find out I stamp. I know customers aren't going to fall into my lap, but as a hobby demo, I don't want to have to spend a million hours just trying to get a few consistent customers. I'm just trying to see if it would end up being worth it.

Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 04:44 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82
I know you have to sell a minimum of $300 a quarter - I'm assuming that's every quarter. Meaning: you manage to have a good (or great) first quarter and sell $900. I'm assuming that you still have to sell $300 each quarter after that for the year to stay current, instead of only having to sell an additional $300 for the rest of the year (equivalent to $100 per remaining quarter).
You are correct in that it is each quarter that you need to meet the $300. When you sign up, you get the quarter that you are in plus the next quarter to make your first minimum. You also get a little bit of a grace period if you do not make your minimum. If you miss it for a quarter, then you have the first month of the next quarter to make up the difference (plus $100 for that first month).

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. Victor Hugo

SeeMyGallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 05:06 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Skype™ to diane860
Default Thank you!

Thanks so much for your help. I think I'll wait till July and see if there is a special demo sign-up!

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 06:03 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

If I may, I would like to point out a couple of other things.

Your first $300 isn't due until the end of your first full quarter with SU. If you sign up in July-Sept, your first full quarter ends Dec 31.

Also, if you are considering signing up, I would suggest that you make sure you interview your potential upline so that you get someone who will be supportive of your goals as a hobby demo. Your best choice may not be the one closest to you or the one you most frequently buy from. . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Talking WOW! THANK YOU!!

WOW! This is GREAT information! You guys are so AWESOME! Thanks! Considering the fact that I just bought $60 worth of stuff from my Demo, maybe I should be considering this for myself! She would be an AWESOME upline! She's so creative and so wonderful!

Thanks again, and if you think of any other tips & tricks, let me know!
~Melanwee
Reply With Quote Likes