Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #81  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I want to know is how is it that some customers who are not demos have access to the demo forum and others cannot see it. I know for a fact that some people read over in the demo forum because they have some sort of code or something that demos share with them. What does a lowly customer have to do to get that? Is it based on the amount you buy?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #82  
Mad Swapper

Also, I know there is a monthly publication for demos that customers sometimes also get. Can we get info on that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
What I want to know is how is it that some customers who are not demos have access to the demo forum and others cannot see it. I know for a fact that some people read over in the demo forum because they have some sort of code or something that demos share with them. What does a lowly customer have to do to get that? Is it based on the amount you buy?
That is very much against the rules. People who are not demos are not supposed to have access to that part of the site. But, it is sort of an honor system. Right now I am in pending, if I let myself drop then it is my responsibility to let a moderator know that I am no longer a demo. Which you better believe I will, if I drop. I haven't decided if I will make a large purchase or just get out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:03 PM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Also, I know there is a monthly publication for demos that customers sometimes also get. Can we get info on that?
It's called the mini-catalog. Ask your local demostrator and she can get one for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:09 PM   #85  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

they have some sort of code or something that demos share with them. What does a lowly customer have to do to get that? Is it based on the amount you buy?
Yes, I'll gladly pubish the code for all to see..stamps4u$4me.
A lowly customer must simply sacrifice their first born.
Yes, the more you buy, the more secrets are revealed. I'm one ink pad away from finding out if Daven wears boxers or briefs. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #86  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Demonstrators who follow the rules do not give this information out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo
It's called the mini-catalog. Ask your local demostrator and she can get one for you.
The minis are quarterly. Could the question be about Stampin' Success? That's a demo publication from SU!, and an automatic subscription is part of signing up as a demo.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes, I'll gladly pubish the code for all to see..stamps4u$4me.
A lowly customer must simply sacrifice their first born.
Yes, the more you buy, the more secrets are revealed. I'm one ink pad away from finding out if Daven wears boxers or briefs. ;)
LOL!
My nonstamping, weight-loss blog sort of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:15 PM   #89  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrussom
I would, however, like to know the secret demo handshake. Mary
OK. This was funny.

But, since you asked, here it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #90  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I cannot divuldge the specifics, but it's kinda like becoming blood brothers, only you use ink instead of blood, for health reasons and all.

We brand each other as well. You heat up a rubber stamp with an embossing gun. Drink a couple of amaretto sours. You get the idea. Mine is on my right butt cheek. Your upline gets to choose the image. Mine says "Will work for stamps" but over the years, the stretch marks have distorted it. Now it looks more like, "Will ho for stamps."
There goes Consuelo, giving away all our secrets!!!! (My tattoo says paper slut, by the way).

Next thing you know she is going to tell them about the place we all secretly meet once a year to share and create together. Don't believe SLC, because it's in a different and secluded spot next year. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #91  
Forum Fanatic

She's no longer local but I'm sure if I asked my demo if I could read her stampin' success she would let me. I used to love to read my mom's mary kay magazine. It was just interesting.

As for the demo forum, I imagine the customers who read it are just very close with their demos so they let them use there password. It is probably not the most honest thing for the demo to share, but they could also just be sitting next to each other at the computer and reading together- and would there really be anything wrong with that?

I know I was the one who told my demo how to sign up for the demo forum, even though she told me about this site. I wanted to find a template for a box in the gallery that went to demo only. She gave it to me after I taught her how to sign up, but I didn't log in as her to get it. I don't see that as any different as if she had used it in a workshop and I learned it there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:30 PM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, SU publishes the Stampin' Success for it's demos. SU only gives one out per demo.

Annabelle, I bet since you are so tight with your demo she'll give you a peek. I bet your demo could answer a lot of your other demo questions. Maybe she can even convince you to join the dark side.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #93  
Mad Swapper

She is a very sharing person. With as much as I spend I bet she will share her password! Never thought of asking. I take care of her kids when she has emergencies and she always says she doesn't know how she will ever pay me back. Well, I think I know how!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'll say it now...sharing passwords if seriously fowned upon here. I NEVER suggested that you do any such thing. I suggested that you ask if you could sneak a peak at her Stampin' Success.

You always talk about erring on the side of grace and being more like Jesus. Sneaking around in the demo forums just doesn't sound very Christian of you. It's deceitful. If you want to look that bad, be a woman about it and ask Daven or Tracey. This is their website. Sneaking around behind their backs would be VERY wrong and not Jesus-like.

There. I'm done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #95  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

She is a very sharing person. With as much as I spend I bet she will share her password! Never thought of asking. I take care of her kids when she has emergencies and she always says she doesn't know how she will ever pay me back. Well, I think I know how!
I am a very sharing person too, but I would never share my password. I would absolutely let a friend look at a Stampin' Success though, in fact I have on several occasions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #96  
Forum Fanatic

Default password sharing seems wrong to me...

But if you are so close that you think she'd give you her password, why not just ask her if you can browse together?

Or do people who didn't grow up with computers not 'surf' side by side?
I've never done it with my demo or in the demo forum, but me and a friend always go through the gallery together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:00 PM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by handstampedhappiness
I am a very sharing person too, but I would never share my password. I would absolutely let a friend look at a Stampin' Success though, in fact I have on several occasions.
Yep...if there's something cool in the SS, I'll share it with my customers who I think will be interested in it or my hostess club.
My nonstamping, weight-loss blog sort of.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #98  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I'll say it now...sharing passwords if seriously fowned upon here. I NEVER suggested that you do any such thing. I suggested that you ask if you could sneak a peak at her Stampin' Success.

You always talk about erring on the side of grace and being more like Jesus. Sneaking around in the demo forums just doesn't sound very Christian of you. It's deceitful. If you want to look that bad, be a woman about it and ask Daven or Tracey. This is their website. Sneaking around behind their backs would be VERY wrong and not Jesus-like.

There. I'm done.
LOL, I had no idea it was such a secretive and hidden thing. I will ask her and see what she feels comfortable with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:03 PM   #99  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Moderator hat on now:
Sharing of passwords in order to gain access to the demos forum is highly frowned upon. Why do some people do it? Same reason some people break all sorts of rules in life I guess. If I found that a demo was sharing the password to our demos area with non-demos I would remove them from the demos forum. I spend literally hours each week doing verifications here for the demos forum-a task I volunteer to do.

So if I found someone doing it I would take it a bit personally as a slap in the face (hey-my perogative to feel that way, right? ) they would certaily not get banned or anything, but the demo would lose the demos forum privelege. If a demo wants to share her SU password with a customer in order to gain access to the SU templates and publications-then that if course has zippy to do with me and my role on the site and I would say it is their perogative.

I do share my SS publications and have them out all over my house. If I get a layout idea I share where i got it and show other samples to them as well.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #100  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

LOL, I had no idea it was such a secretive and hidden thing. I will ask her and see what she feels comfortable with.
I would never personally share my password. It truly is a secretive and hidden thing for ME as my CC and checking account #'s are saved on the Demo side of the SU! website and no one but DH gets to see those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #101  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelstamps
I would never personally share my password. It truly is a secretive and hidden thing for ME as my CC and checking account #'s are saved on the Demo side of the SU! website and no one but DH gets to see those.
And other customer's info. That would be very unethical.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:19 PM   #102  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
And other customer's info. That would be very unethical.
Very true, Jeanne! See, stays a secret with me. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:32 PM   #103  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I don't really think her feeling comfortable with it is the issue. I think it would be wrong of you to ask. I would seriously be offended if someone that I cared for asked me to be dishonest, but ya know that's just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #104  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a symbiotic relationship...we need each other to survive!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #105  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

So you don't mind putting your friends in compromising positions. So much for erring on the side of grace. ;)

I personally don't care if you seethe demo forums or not. But I do think it's wrong of you to sneak around on Daven and Tracey's website behind their backs. This is their playground and their rules.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #106  
Mad Swapper

Who said I was doing anything??????

Sheesh, some of you love to jump to conclusions. Some of the very same ones who post coupon codes without actually having the coupon and a few other things I won't go into!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:53 PM   #107  
Mad Swapper

Lighten up! I have seen some of you in the grocery line for 9 items or less with at least a dozen items. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:55 PM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Lighten up! I have seen some of you in the grocery line for 9 items or less with at least a dozen items. LOL!
Maybe so, but I never compared myself to Jesus. You tend to put yourself under a microscope when you do things like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #109  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

ummmmmm.........you did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #110  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I personally don't care if you seethe demo forums or not. But I do think it's wrong of you to sneak around on Daven and Tracey's website behind their backs. This is their playground and their rules.
Based on my e-mail, there is a mountain of "sneaking around" going on! What is it you are afraid of? I am off to stamp club! Have a great evening all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #111  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

not me chica!
ours is 20 and I count a bajillion times if I am even close. And if there is someone behind me with just 1 or 2 things I let them go ahead of me. :mrgreen:
I need to go shine my halo, LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:03 PM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Based on my e-mail, there is a mountain of "sneaking around" going on! What is it you are afraid of? I am off to stamp club! Have a great evening all!
And there was a lot of looting going on during Hurricane Katrina, but okay. Do what you like. Just don't ever tell me again that you err on the side of grace or how much better and smarter you are than the rest of us. Because I think you just showed your true colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:20 PM   #113  
Mad Swapper

I have never said I was smarter or better than anyone. Why are you twisting words to try to bait? I don't take bait. Never have. Just not attracted to it.

Goodness you are bringing Jesus in to your deal with your demo forum stance? Sheeeeesh!

My ride should be here any minute! Cannot wait to see the cool things we are going to make!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:22 PM   #114  
Die Cut Diva

Boy has this thread ever, shall we say, exploded?..L
Personally as a customer, I would have to say that I would love to see the demo forum for one reason and one reason only...and that is that you guys have so many friggin great ideas and I am trying to absorb every little morsel and I get too excited waiting for the next *crumb* of info I might get from my demo...L
Having said that though...I too am in the home party plan business (and was in traditional retail for 16 years..same rules when it comes to this stuff)..anyway....as a fellow demo or sales person I know the need to have a slight upper hand on the customer. You cant give away all the trade secrets and such. Even the bad things that get discovered from time to time...in the case of my company for example if some product is deemed to not be satisfactory...You wouldnt go out and set up a business to make a livelihood for yourself and then turn around and tell all your neighbours how you are doing it, step by step especially when you are relying on those neighbours to spend money with you.
Lets face it, KFC, Macdonalds, Tim Hortons (for canadians) they grow by giving away their tried and true recipes and business practises...but they give them away with a very hefty price tag. Same goes for those of us in a smaller scale of the business world. If the demo forum is that important to people then they should become demos and receive all that info. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #115  
Mad Swapper

I would hope that if product were "deemed unsatisfactory" people would not keep that to themselves in the demo forum and try to get the customers to buy it without knowing. What some won't do for a sale!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #116  
SCS Moderator

Quote:

I would hope that if product were "deemed unsatisfactory" people would not keep that to themselves in the demo forum and try to get the customers to buy it without knowing. What some won't do for a sale!
it is quotes like these that get people fired up annabelle. Nobody is trying to get one over on anybody else. Even implying that is ugly.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #117  
Die Cut Diva

Not at all ....nothing of the sort...in fact I am talking about the opposite. With my company when we discover that we immediately inform one another (demos, upline, downline etc) and then we set up a plan of action to rectify the situation if it has even hit the catalogue by then. Products that are deemed unsatisfactory are deemed so long before they hit a customer's catalogue but often are deemed as such by DEMOS who use them or test them prior to selling.
No I will not do anything for a sale (couldnt have owned my own business for 16 years if I did that)...and I highly doubt that any of these SU reps would either. You dont even know me or what product I sell so you can't really reply as to my business ethics and such. But as far as SU goes lets face it, aint much that can be deemed unsatisfactory with a peice of rubber.
You are still missing the point...you want into the demo forums by any means possible...even if it means putting a friend in a tough position..and my point was..if it means that much to you. sign up as a demo. Seems simple enough.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #118  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Annabelle ... what do you hope to accomplish with a statement like that? In that statement, you've insulted every demo here. Your signature talks about "true compassion is believing in someone ..." ... your statements here seem to bely that statement.

Yes, sometimes product is "deemed unsatisfactory" ... and the sooner I know that (whether finding it out here or from SU!), then when I am with my customers I can suggest they wait until the problem has been fixed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:44 PM   #119  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
it is quotes like these that get people fired up annabelle. Nobody is trying to get one over on anybody else. Even implying that is ugly.
Very true...although I hope I didnt come off sounding as if I am fired up!
because I certainly am not rattled but I can see how some people could.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #120  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom
Annabelle ... what do you hope to accomplish with a statement like that? In that statement, you've insulted every demo here. Your signature talks about "true compassion is believing in someone ..." ... your statements here seem to bely that statement.

Yes, sometimes product is "deemed unsatisfactory" ... and the sooner I know that (whether finding it out here or from SU!), then when I am with my customers I can suggest they wait until the problem has been fixed.
I was trying to figure out a nice way to respond and you put it very well although I might add that the comment was not only offensive to Demo's but many other individuals that would most definitely not defraud others.
Reply With Quote Likes