Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2005, 11:11 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demos: How to get people excited?

Hi there. I am going to sign up as a demo soon, I just finished deciding what stamps I want in my kit. Anyways, I am interesting in hearing your creative ideas such as any promotions you do, any special things you do for a party, any workshops, or classes you do, and how you structure those as well as any other ideas you do to get people excited. I am wondering when to do my first show as well if I sign up in the next week. I was thinking of demoing a Halloween card, as well as a Christmas card, to get people excited for the upcoming holidays, any other ideas? Thanks!

Ashley
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Seems alot of demos have open houses...

I'm having one too. I am inviting everyone I know who stamps and well other people also, see if they like to stamp. Also, telling them to bring friends. My niece had a baby in April and I made the invites to the shower...well she is telling ladies she works with..."remember those invitations my aunt made, well, she is selling now, come to her open house"...etc etc..ching-ching ching-ching.

My demo, excuse me, my upline, will be there asking people if they would have a workshop for me, to help me start my business. Since, I might not feel comfy asking close friends, but my upline will for me. Even if they do not stamp, it could open me up to someone who does...

At the open house, they can do a couple make and takes, see if they like to stamp and win little door prizes (little bcs I'm just starting out...). My demo had an excellent idea...when you get your free color family (lovin' that promo). If you get duplicate colors, give those as door prizes, wrap them in a cello wrapper, slap ribbon on it, voila, people LOVE it, ppl love getting stuff right then, I know I did as a customer.

I'm also going to announce my first stamp camp (do not not what that is yet, can get 1,001 ideas from SCS). To get some workshops going, I'm going to do like my upline and have a "hostess a workshop before X date and get X". My upline had free $15 in hostess credit, I guess since I took her signs, I'll have the same special. What is $15 if tyou get a workshop with orders...but she had the signs all over her open house and on SU cardstock, I think they are new colors too.

That is all I got, I have open house on the mind...

I can not wait to hear others idea...

[email protected]

"The joys of parents are secret, and so are their griefs and fears"

-Frances Bacon
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default my favorite

My favorite to go to is my demo's "technique class". Once a month we meet and she has one card to make using a new technique (fun but fast for busy moms, etc.). Also, you make a smaller version of the technique which you mount on a 3x4 inch cardstock sample with a typed out explanation of the technique that we add to our d-ring each month. That way we have tons of techniques and cardstock samples at our fingertips when we stamp at home. I think it's the neatest thing, but it doesn't take much to get me excited about stamping