Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2004, 03:38 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Do the Classic pads last a long time w/o reinking?

My SU inkpads are all less than a year old - most much less than a year old! I'm wondering how long yours last without reinking? I just bought the Bold Brights reinkers - mainly to use in other techniques. I don't think there's one color that I've used SO much that the pad is drying out. Just wondering what your experience has been. My upline has some old-style SU pads that still work fine.

Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:29 AM   #2  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Soozie -- I don't know what others have experienced, but I've had some of my stamp pads for almost 4 years (some of the old style) - and I've yet to have to re-ink them. I've used the bottles of re-ink for techniques too, like the shaving cream technique - and also for inking up empty cartridge cells. But rarely ever do I find my ink pad needs re-inking.
Happy Stamping!
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:39 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I have had my first SU! ink pads since about 1997 and am just now thinking I need to get re-inkers for some of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:40 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

My experience is that the ink pads last a long long time without needing to be re-inked. I made 100 Christmas cards and used a lot of Baroque Burgundy, so I actually had to re-ink during that time, but other than that I very very rarely have to pull out my re-inkers (except for other techniques). I absolutely love SU's ink pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 04:52 AM   #5  
Mrs. Incredible

I have had most of my ink pads for 2 1/2 years. As a demo I am just reaching the point where I ned to re-ink some of them due to heavy usage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 05:07 AM   #6  
brandon & Alex's mom

Default reinking pads

I have had mine for 2 yrs and have yet to re-ink. Like Cheryl, I use my re-inkers for certain techniques.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 05:46 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My pads are about 4 years old and they still work great. I bought individual pads ~ and have about thirty of them (mostly rich regals and soft subtles) . I've had to re-ink 1 or 2 of my favorites; but for that much time that's still pretty good!!! During Sell-A-Bration I'm planning on buying the new ones in all color families so that they will fit better in my new ink pad holder. I love that the color name it conveniently printed on the front and the size is better for background stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 05:57 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I bought my first bunch of stamp pads back in 2000 and haven't had to re-ink them. In actuality, I've only had to re-ink one because we made 300 wedding programs and party favors but this was just recently. I still have some of the old styl stamp pads and they're not even close to being dried out. When they finally do, I'll replace them with the new style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:36 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Default stamps pads

I bought a set just a month ago and a few of the colors were dry out the first time I went to use them. I was shocked but I was glad I had the re-inkers on hand.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 07:53 AM   #10  
Inking Addict

Susan, where do you live and what's the climate? I'm in a VERY dry climate. My pads are about 2 years old and I just reinked all of them about 3 months ago. I keep mine (older style) stored upside down but believe they do get a bit dry because of our dry climate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:16 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I have had similiar experiences as Melissa. I have had ink pads arrive that needed reinking the minute I opened them. At first I thought it was just the blasic black pad that I first got. But since my first pad I have had several that did not have enough juice on the pad. Seriously, it was truely weird. Luckily I now know that I need to always order the reinker when I order the pad. ( By the way a new customer told me she had experienced the same thing from SU! pads and just figured it was because she was living in Hawaii at the time and the pads dried out in shipment.) So now I always tell customers to purchase the reinker with a pad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:29 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

If you are getting ink pads that are dry when you get them, have your demo call Demo Support and they will probably send a free reinker or replace the ink pad. They shouldn't be dry when you get them.

I've had some of mine over a year and have just started reinking. The lighter colors are the ones that need reinking. Pale Plum and Bliss Blue are the first ones I needed to reink. But I do use both of those colors quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:46 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I guess I need to clarify. Sorry. The ink pads are not dried out when I get them. Some are just fine. But what I noticed is that some just aren't "juicy" enough. I agree that the lighter colors tend to need more ink quicker, but when I recieved the classic black one you could stamp with it but you had to depress the stamp on it so much just to get good ink coverage on the rubber. Once I added some ink to it it was a piece of cake to ink the stamp. Does that make sense. Yes, I know that I could have returned it to the Demo I bought it from but at the time I was new to stamping and just didn't know if the pad was suppose to be more saturated or not. ( I'm a Demo now, I just order the reinker with each pad I get...no biggy)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2004, 08:52 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Default re ink

I have had the same problem with some of the ink pads mostly the light colored inks.... they did not seems to be juicy when I used them. The darker colors were okay though. I recently bought the reinkers for SS to reink mine. Hopefully, they will stay nice for a long time.
Reply With Quote Likes