Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2005, 01:36 PM   #41  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some both ways, but I usually use my mounted stamps the most. Fortunately, space isn't an issue for me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 02:29 PM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

I love my unmounted stamps. Besides being easier to store and easier to transport, they are about 40% cheaper than wood mounted. I think it is the way to go.
And, as someone mentioned earlier, all UM's are NOT created equal. The TAC stamps stamp out beautifully IMHO. The detail is wonderful.
Tami / WI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 03:03 PM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

:?

Okay, I LOVE unmounted because I am LAZY!

Which is exactly why some people are saying they like mounted...how's that for perspective?

I started out stamping with DOTS (now CTMH) and was distressed when I found out they went to unmounted. I bought almost 50 sets from SU last year and then I found some sets I really liked from TAC. I decided to try the unmounted ones from TAC and I LOVE them!

Guess what? No more getting out of my chair, going to the shelf to get the stamp set, taking it out of the box, inking it, stamping with it, cleaning it, returning it to the box, getting out of my chair to return it. Even when I had all my sets in rolling iris carts, I had to pull open that HEAVY bottom drawer, killing my back, and dig in simi good lighting to find the set I wanted...and since I had to look at the 'title' I often pulled out more sets than I needed out...blah, blah, blah

With unmounted there is NO MORE getting out of my chair....don't have to walk somewhere else, don't have to bend down far, don't even have to stand up....CD racks on the wall in front of my desk!

As for cleaning?! WHAT?! Other than the same cleaning you have to do to get the ink off, there is no other cleaning if you use the new EZ mount that is like a window cling

Resell value? I have sold both mounted and unmounted and gotten back the same...meaning, I usually price them at 25%-50% off the original cost and I've always gotten that...so yes, you get less for unmounted, but you pay way less too!

And no, I am not trying to talk anyone into unmounting. I still have many of those SU sets mounted. I will unmount them as I use them.

An added unforeseen benefit to unmounted stamps, I am able to do much more 'craft' stamping - on glassware, on dishes, on flower pots, etc....the unmounted can curve more easily as you can use practically anything as a mount!

I would advise those of you thinking about trying unmounted to use the EZ mount cling system or any 'cling' product...no sticky surfaces, no glue, nothing that has to be done more than once...the orignial process of adding the clingy foam to the rubber. I almost didn't go unmounted because I heard others talking about 'cleaning' their stamps and using glue or other 'sticky' stuff....I am so not into anything sticky!

Also, just because you unmount doesn't mean they can't be remounted or 'sold' as mounted later. Get a large box. Take the wood mounts (with the SU stickers on them) and place into the labeled plastic box. Put all those storage boxes in the large cardboard box and label it SU. Put the box in the attic! (Also, you can always purchase some empty SU type boxes as well...they are really cheap online!)

But no matter how we store or 'mount/unmount' our stamps, isn't it great to have so many to choose from! I love stamping and I'm glad there is an online community like this to learn from.

Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 03:14 PM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have both and prefer unnmounted because of the convenince and the price is right. I wish SU would give us the option. I doubt that would change though since they require you to demo with mounted only. SU still is by far the best!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 06:06 PM   #45  
The Digi-Freak

mounted! I don't like having to touch the rubber! eww!

Reply With Quote Likes