Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-18-2009, 05:59 PM   #41  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm fortunate to scrap and stamp with a great group of ladies we don't really plan purchases, except on some cricut cartridges. We may all end up with the same cartridges eventually, but when new ones come out, we make sure we buy different ones so we get to try them all out. There are 3 of us out of the 12 that have cricuts, and we let the others use them. I have to say I can't remember the last time I bought mats, they just seem to magically appear now and then. I have one friend that has been using my cricut a lot recently she was a little concerned, but told her not to worry about as she gives me unlimites access to her StampingUp collection and since she has been a demo for over 5 years...she has everything! Our group is very good about "hey does any one have...?"

And I don't mind sharing with someone new to the craft or to someone that doesn't usually do the craft. (I lent a co-worker a paper trimmer and corner rounder so that she could do the directions insert for her wedding) But someone that continually borrows, and to that excess (making 100 cards is someone that does the craft) they need to get their own tools, mine are busy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 06:01 PM   #42  
Insane Embellisher

I share my materials, however, they either have to live close by (for easy return) or be a very very good friend! I love to let people play with my toys!
you made them feel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

This is such a great and funny thread! I have a friend that we share everything, equal playing ground. We have even bought different sets of nesties to take to crops that we have more to choose from. But of course when I am at home I need one that she has. We are close so no big deal. That being said I am a bad sharer. If someone needs something, especially for a church project, I am more than willing to help out. Come over and we can do it together, kind of a thing, but I usually would just rather do it myself. Tell me what you need, bring me the paper and I can get it back to you, not too big of a project though. Loaning out is different completely. I do not like things leaving my house. It has been my experience that things do not get returned in the same condition that they were loaned it in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 12:10 AM   #44  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapbooker34View Post
I'm fortunate to scrap and stamp with a great group of ladies we don't really plan purchases, except on some cricut cartridges. We may all end up with the same cartridges eventually, but when new ones come out, we make sure we buy different ones so we get to try them all out. There are 3 of us out of the 12 that have cricuts, and we let the others use them. I have to say I can't remember the last time I bought mats, they just seem to magically appear now and then. I have one friend that has been using my cricut a lot recently she was a little concerned, but told her not to worry about as she gives me unlimites access to her StampingUp collection and since she has been a demo for over 5 years...she has everything! Our group is very good about "hey does any one have...?"

And I don't mind sharing with someone new to the craft or to someone that doesn't usually do the craft. (I lent a co-worker a paper trimmer and corner rounder so that she could do the directions insert for her wedding) But someone that continually borrows, and to that excess (making 100 cards is someone that does the craft) they need to get their own tools, mine are busy.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a core group of about 8 stampers. We get together at my house every 3-4 weeks to play and each works on our own thing. They all know that anything I have they are welcome to use...even if they are selling what they are making. They would all do the same thing for me. I am very fortunate to have a very well stocked stamp room. I have at least 3 FULL packages of every stampin up color and probably more. Life is too short for me to worry about someone taking a full package of paper or getting ink on my wood blocks or using up the plates on my CB or Bigshot. I always have extra plates on had and probably several packages of each size...I just dont want to worry about it and I love love love spending the special Saturdays with all my lovely friends.
This last Saturday I actually made a bunch of cards for one of the ladies to sell. She will keep the cash and I am okay with that. She was so happy because she made $80.00 last week at her work selling cards without really trying and I was happy to help her. blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes