Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2007, 09:36 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone else feel this way about some of SU stamps sets.

Please don't bash me or start a nasty thread here. I am just wondering if anyone else is noticing a pattern with floral sets. Su seems to have a daisy looking flower for most of it's floral sets. It's not a daisy in general. But the petals of the flowers are usually that of similair to a daisy looking flower.

I love thier art work but I really think they need to move on to other kinds of flowers. I mean there are so many differant kinds of flowers out there. And I just think they tend to have the same kind of flower used in too many ways. by changing the length or adding swirls. etc. But for the most part. I think they need to get away from that style flower for a while.

Why not go with .pansy's or day lily's, a new tulip, etc.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #2  
immzw4

I'm not sure that it's just SU. I've been noticing that look with a lot of floral stamps lately. I think it would be good for any stamping company to get away from that for new stamps because how many of that style does one person need?

I'd love some day lily stamps!

Michelle

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I've noticed a couple flowers that pop up over and over. I was just pointed that out to my fiance last week. I only have a few floral sets, and it is plenty for me.
God bless,
Victoria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:36 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Being a garden and flower freak myself, I find that SU has a lot of different types of flowers, so I am perfectly happy with them myself.

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/wynona
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:37 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree. It is hard to find a floral stamp that "knocks me out" from any stamp company. I don't want the same tired florals...I want something gorgeous. Lilacs would be nice, maybe daffodils, an iris, calla lilly...anything different. I want a big one too that I can paint with watercolors. No "2 step stamping" ones...I want to stamp it and be done with it so I can put in as much or as little detail as I want.:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I agree. I think Stampin Up has a lot of different florals but the ones they feature and have coordinating items with tend to be the same type of flower over and over. It just leaves me with money for other stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:47 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I would like to see realistic flowers. Pansies, daffodils, lilies or sweet peas. The stylistic flowers are fine, but I like to mix things up. IMO, when one company starts out a new line, like swirly flowers, the rest of the companies jump on the bandwagon too. Then we as consumers are inundated with like images.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Lee
I agree. It is hard to find a floral stamp that "knocks me out" from any stamp company. I don't want the same tired florals...I want something gorgeous. Lilacs would be nice, maybe daffodils, an iris, calla lilly...anything different. I want a big one too that I can paint with watercolors. No "2 step stamping" ones...I want to stamp it and be done with it so I can put in as much or as little detail as I want.:-D
I'm not sure what style you gravitate to, but I went *orgasmic* over these newest florals by Stampendous, especially the fresh bloom, ruffled bloom, the sets created for each, the peonies, and the poppies, the agapanthus . . . shown at:

Eclectic Paperie

I'm normally a daisy FREAK, and have many different styles of daisies in my collection, but the beauty and sophistication of these images by Stampendous is so outstanding, I *must* possess them!!! And, their stamps are great quality! They've been one of my favorite companies for years!

Last edited by JulieHRR; 02-26-2007 at 10:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

There are so many floral sets...Not enough sets for little boys. Evertyhing is for a girl!!

Check out my gallery:

gallery:https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=98777
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Alt
I would like to see realistic flowers. Pansies, daffodils, lilies or sweet peas. The stylistic flowers are fine, but I like to mix things up. IMO, when one company starts out a new line, like swirly flowers, the rest of the companies jump on the bandwagon too. Then we as consumers are inundated with like images.
I very much miss the old PSX botanicals--drop-dead gorgeous images! I have some in my collection--I could probably fetch a small fortune for 'em on Ebay, but because there is really not much else like them that I've seen out there, I'm kinda loathe to part with 'em . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:01 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I'm not sure what style you gravitate to, but I went *orgasmic* over these newest florals by Stampendous, especially the fresh bloom, ruffled bloom, the sets created for each, the peonies, and the poppies, the agapanthus . . . shown at:

Eclectic Paperie
Love love love those poppies!

And I think SU is a little floral happy in general. I agree with others that they're sorely lacking in male themed stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:07 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

i'm probably in the minority, but i hate hate hate the flowery sets. which is funny because i think that my first set w/ stampin up was actually one of the flowers. i too would like to see more "boyish" stamps. don't get me wrong, not the nature-y woodsy stuff, but something "stronger" and more masculine. just for variety maybe? that being said, i'm so picky and my tastes change all the time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:08 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

I feel the same way! I love love love SU...don't get me wrong but too many daisy floral sets..funny thing is I have most of them...I've decided not to get anymore "flower" sets until the are completely different from what I have now.
I too would like to see more masculine sets!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #14  
Hot Wheels

Quote:

I very much miss the old PSX botanicals--drop-dead gorgeous images! I have some in my collection--I could probably fetch a small fortune for 'em on Ebay, but because there is really not much else like them that I've seen out there, I'm kinda loathe to part with 'em . . .
DITTO!
I actually miss the old PSX style alot on different types of stamps, not only flowers
Cards made in 2010:60
I'm going to PORCHA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 AM   #15  
immzw4

Quote:

Eclectic Paperie
My husband is going to ban me from SCS. I swear, if I get one more link to beautiful stamps, he is going to unplug me!

Julie, the flowers here are gorgeous! The Agapanthus, in three different "versions" even! Whoa!

I have the calla lily from PSX. I love that stamp, even though I have trouble using it. I love flowers, but there are too many with that sketchy, broken up dotted look right now. From all the companies, it seems to me. I love realistic flower stamps, and these Stampendous Flowers are really perfect!

Thanks for helping me spend money!

Michelle

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:12 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Julie - those PSX botanicals are exactly what I am looking for, but a tad smaller. Maybe with a dimension of 2"x3". That size would work better for me. I like to layer.

I won't part with my SU set - can't remember the name - it's the one that has the flowers for each month. I think that's the perfect size for me.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Eclectic Paperie

I'm normally a daisy FREAK, and have many different styles of daisies in my collection, but the beauty and sophistication of these images by Stampendous is so outstanding, I *must* possess them!!! And, their stamps are great quality! They've been one of my favorite companies for years!
Oh dear, another stamping site for me to spend money on! I agree, the florals are rather different from what I usually see. I seem to collect florals and have several sets from SU. I figure that I can use florals for almost any type of card.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

I have lots of floral sets from SU, so as pretty as doodle this and doodle that sets are. There just too much daisy looking like for me and I have enough of that kind of flower sets already.

They need to take a look at a garden book and pull together some flower sets like the flower garden set from SU that came out a while back with a pansy, gardenia, a single rose,iris ,buttercups, etc. I know they are sticking to whats in for styles right now but it wouldn't hurt to throw in some good old favorites either.

I think a differant flower every month would be great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

http://www.stampzia.com has some really great non-cute, non-daisy botanicals. Grasses, leaves, gingko, bamboo, water lilies...

http://lunarium.etsy.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 11:56 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

I just want a gerbera daisy stamp! :-)

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #21  
immzw4

The Angel Company has a very nice Gerbera Daisy stamp. I own it, and I love it.

Michelle

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #22  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek

Anne
I have yet to find one I *really* like enough to buy . . . but, when I do . . . brace ya'self! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #23  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62
I have lots of floral sets from SU, so as pretty as doodle this and doodle that sets are. There just too much daisy looking like for me and I have enough of that kind of flower sets already.

They need to take a look at a garden book and pull together some flower sets like the flower garden set from SU that came out a while back with a pansy, gardenia, a single rose,iris ,buttercups, etc. I know they are sticking to whats in for styles right now but it wouldn't hurt to throw in some good old favorites either.

I think a differant flower every month would be great.
Vintage engraving style, would indeed be lovely to see resurfacing in the industry--Anna Griffin and Magenta have some (or at least, Magenta used to offer some utterly gorgeous ones . . . mebbe they've since eliminated those from their line ???)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I have yet to find one I *really* like enough to buy . . . but, when I do . . . brace ya'self! LOL!
Ooooooooh bracin' here!!!! :-) I love gerbera daisies - my all time favorite flower.

Will keep a'lookin!

:-) Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:20 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annek

Anne
Here just some of the "realistic" flowers from The Angel Company. The prices aren't bad either the sets are $10.95 each and the daisy is $7.95.

Kimberly
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone else feel this way about some of SU stamps sets.-gerbera-daisy.jpg   Does anyone else feel this way about some of SU stamps sets.-pansies.jpg   Does anyone else feel this way about some of SU stamps sets.-charcoal-flowers.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:22 PM   #26  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN
Here just some of the "realistic" flowers from The Angel Company. The prices aren't bad either the sets are $10.95 each and the daisy is $7.95.

Kimberly

Thanks for sharing - I do like that daisy!!!! :-)

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #27  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have SO many flower stamps/sets that I really don't even look at this section of any stamp company's catalog or in a store, etc. I'm sure I have over a hundred flower stamps. Do I use them? Er, no... but I might. ;)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:45 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

I have way too many flower sets from SU and flower stamps from other companies. My favorite flower stamp that I own is a sunflower. I guess I'm looking for flowers that look unique.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

KimberlyinMN - those are on my wish list. I think they are so pretty. Hoping to get them before the new catalog comes out.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ohhhh, I love those poppies! The grow like weeds here (that's funny...because they ARE weeds)...soooo beautiful to see them lining the side of a road or ditch. I might have to get one of those stamps...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisavengesta
i'm probably in the minority, but i hate hate hate the flowery sets. which is funny because i think that my first set w/ stampin up was actually one of the flowers. i too would like to see more "boyish" stamps. don't get me wrong, not the nature-y woodsy stuff, but something "stronger" and more masculine. just for variety maybe? that being said, i'm so picky and my tastes change all the time
I'm not a flower fan, either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 01:19 PM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm with you Lisa I am so sick of SU flowers also. Every one pretty much looks the same. Give us something new and totally different looking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 PM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

This is a really nice site for diff. kinds of flowers also nice botanicals, thyme, roesmary, etc..if you want to chek it out..
http://www.saltspring.com/oldisland/index.htm

loves ya Gail

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #34  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I'm not sure what style you gravitate to, but I went *orgasmic* over these newest florals by Stampendous
Ha...orgasmic huh Julie? Well we can't wait to see your card using these awesome flowers, that is after you have had your "after cigarette" of course. I love flowers and I just love the entire spring mini which has a lot of flowers but some of us can't have too many I guess :rolleyes:. I especially love the big blooms in the spring mini as I think it will be cute for scrapbooks. I hear what the OP is saying though and some different styles would be ok with me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #35  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, PLEASE, people! Now there are MORE web sites for me to spend more money. Just when I think I have a handle on my acquisition habit, something new crops up. And I haven't even seen the new mini yet......sigh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 03:23 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

I feel the same way. I have MANY SU floral sets, but it seems like the latest ones just look so much like the previous ones that I don't think I have bought a single floral set in years with the exception of Heartfelt and Roses in Winter. I bought the 2-step Hydrangea years ago and still love that one. I have the older Daisy set too. Terrific Tulips is good! But this recent cartoonish looking daisies just don't look like anything new to me. I love flowers but I want something new looking! I love the Hero Arts Fabric look flowers and use them a lot!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 03:29 PM   #37  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I have about 12-14 of these PSX botanicals - I swear to take them to the grave with me. Gorgeous flowers.

My SCS Gallery
My Blog: Live Love Laugh and STAMP
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #38  
Glitter Queen

I was just introduced to SU on Jan 20 and already I'm a demonstrator and I've noticed even in the new Spring Mini the flowers all look the same. I agree, we need new flowers. I like lillies and irises
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #39  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by immzw4
The Angel Company has a very nice Gerbera Daisy stamp. I own it, and I love it.

Michelle
They also have other pretty Floral Stamp sets.

Foral Collage stamp set:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Pressed Flowers:

Bontanical Mini's:

This are just a few of my favorite TAC floral set's.

But I agree that there needs to be more Floral Stamps set.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 05:07 PM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have bought a lot of Hero Arts floral stamps over the years and just recently gotten into SU type. I have a medium to large sized pansy that is great for coloring and then cutting the layers and putting a small foam dot under to lift them. Can't remember the company. What might be nice from SU would be a set of seed packets that could be colored in.
Reply With Quote Likes