Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2004, 06:10 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone else have a husband who likes to stamp?

I am a new demonstrator and my husband signed up with me on the SU form. He even wants to go with me to my hostess parties and demonstrate some of the projects I have come up with. We have different taste on what stamp sets are cool, so my orders get huge! I think it would make him feel more "normal" if some other men would confess to having fun with stamps. Are there any out there??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 06:20 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My husband has never stamped, but he did take me to a stamping store once and actually bought himself two stamps.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 06:23 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Ohhh - you are soooo lucky!!! When I first started stamping, my husband would be enthusiastic about everything I showed him. Now, the only thing he has gotten jazzed about lately were the spinner cards!! I showed him one of those and he played with it for quite a while!! He actually did some heat embossing, but I think that was only because it invoved a power tool. Oh - he has used my Zig Painty pen to mark parts on my car when he was fixing it, and was VERY careful when he used it not to mess it up. I'm sure that was only because of his fear of me placing another order to replace it!!!

The Blog

The Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 08:44 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

My husband stamped 30 Thanksgiving placecards and colored them all with watercolor pencils and blender pens. He even offered to make them for the ladies I work with. He ended up making a set of ten for one of my co-workers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 09:46 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

My DH helped me to make all of our Christmas cards last year when I got sick. He helped emboss and use pastels and blender pens. He will pretty much help me with any project. ;) His new favorite toy of mine is my paper crimper!!!

Morissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 09:51 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think that is so sweet that your husbands (maybe even some boyfriends out there) are enjoying your hobbies with you. I would love to go to a party where a husband was a demo. Men look at things differently and can present a whole new view to something. My DH and DS are both sick of looking at my cards and scrapbooking pages. Of course I don't pay a bit of attention to their excitement in obtaining new fishing gear, either. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 11:42 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

My husband loves all my hobbies. He stamps with me and even scrapbooks. He has so many exciting pictures of himself in foreign places with high ranking officials so I figured who better than to scrap them but him. He even comes to some of my workshops so he can say, "look ladies, if I can do it, so can you." He's just such a sweet heart for never complaining about dinner being late because I'm trying to create a card or scrapbook. He even tells me 90% of the time, I'll make dinner. Looks like you're on a roll. He never complains when he can't find the top of the dining room table because of all my stamps pads or stamp sets or because all of my paper is spread out everywhere. He helps me decide color palettes and is honest enough to tell me if a card isn't all that good. Which kinda hurts but I realize he's just doing what I asked him to do. "BE HONEST!" So the answer to your question is, "Yes, there are other men out there that love what we do."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 01:38 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I wouldn't say my DH " likes" to stamp but he has done it. He came up with a pretty cute card using the groovy set.
Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 02:30 AM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

For as artistic as my husband is, you would think he would stamp. But he doesn't!

One night we had "Family Night." Everyone got to pick an activity to do together. When I said I wanted everyone to stamp a card, he balked. Too much testosterone, I guess.

He does support my habit though.

C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 03:34 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

My husband LOVES to stamp!! He is always interested when I get my orders and has been known to flip through the catalog and ask me to order a particular set or accessory. He's going to help me make out cards and tags this year and is pretty excited about it. We also have a scrapbook say about once a month or so where we get lost in out pictures for HOURS!!!
It's great!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 03:36 AM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

My husband says he doesn't like stamping, but I catch him playing around with them every now and then! We work opposite hours.. so when I come home from work I'll find stamped images all over a piece of paper. Sometimes I find punched pieces all over the place in different colors. I think he's curious, but he wond admit it!!

~Lauren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 04:29 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Default Does anyone else have a husband who likes to stamp?

Actually, my wonderful boyfriend helped me get ready for convention. He cut ribbon, punched holes and added pop dots too. He was a tired man too because he was up just as late as I was a couple of the nights before convention. I wish I had had a tape recorder going the last night we worked on swaps. He started making up a song about him being "The Pop Dot Man." I wish I could remember the song. The only thing I remember was laughing so hard that I started to cry.

Yes, I am very lucky. I'll never give this one up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 04:49 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

My Husband is so happy that I finally have something to do instead of being a hunting widow! He too stamps and makes cards. (only if someones bitrhday in the very next day) He made me a really cool card for my birthday, (he thought he was being sneeky) but by the look of my craft room it was obvious that he had been down there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 04:55 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

My husband, bless his heart, cuts all of my cardstock for my classes. He never complains....well, until you have people appaer at your door without RSVPing.....twice in one evening. He will stamp if there's nobody around but me. The first year I was in SU!, he made our Christmas Cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 04:57 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

My husband says he feels guilty if he buys me a card, so he usually will make cards for me for various occassions. What cracks me up is when my customers are here and someone asks a question. If I'm busy helping someone else, he starts explaining things to him. I guess I've subjected him to enough conversations about stamping and he actually pays attention. He even makes sure that I show him every day what I've created, even if it's just one card. You're husband is not alone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:00 AM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

My DH doesn't stamp like I do but he makes cards for me and he signed up with me on the demo form so he can go to events to.

He's really supportive and likes to see all my creations. He designed a card that I swapped at convention and he makes really great suggestions on how to improve cards, etc.

We are a great team. Sometimes he finishes cards for me ... like adding ribbon through the little holes while watching TV.

Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:03 AM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlangley
Thats funny! :lol:
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:26 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

My husband does not stamp. When I was redoing our daughter's room as a surprise, I made him come in and stamp a few things on the wall where I couldn't reach. I was on a deadline and down to the last minute. He did it without too much groaning. He always looks at my projects though and will ask questions about how I did a technique. He sits at his computer and I sit across from him and stamp so we are still together. He also has given me some great ideas both creatively and business wise. I think I'll keep him!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 05:45 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Can I just say how ENVIOUS I am of all you ladies?! It's like pulling teeth to get my boyfriend to even look at the cards I've made - I can't even imagine him actually stamping with me! Maybe he's against my stamping because there's been many a night where we have to eat dinner on the couch instead of sitting at the kitchen table because my supplies are all over it!

Hmm....maybe I should e-mail him the link to this thread and hope he'll take the hint that I'd love for him to share my passion with me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:05 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

Default yay!

My hubbie has been on a business/sales kick for a while. Wanting to start a business--he's great at sales. He looks at SU and thinks about what huge markets stamping and scrapbooking are and sees the potential there. I've told him that he could sign up with me, but he's always kind of balked because he thinks there aren't any men out there doing it and he'd be really "gay" if he did. I'm going to have to show this thread to him and talk to him about it some more.
I haven't been to convention yet, so I'm wondering....does anyone know how many male demonstrators there are out there?

Renee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:11 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Fun thread!
Just this morning, my husband put dimensionals on card parts and he threaded ribbon through the little holes...actually he did it better than I do!
Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:22 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Default not my hubby

My husband would rather eat dirt than stamp with me. He doesn't care that I do it, other than the money spent on it and an occasional "don't you have enough stamps" comment. And he cannot tell a good card from a bad card; they are all "nice." But, I also have absolutely no interest in his hunting or fishing hobbies and desire to collect guns. I can't tell one gun apart from another. So it's even. We respect eachother's interest even if we don't share them. Besides, I am a bit of a control freak and if he helped me, I would want everything done just a certain way which his independent spirit would balk at.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:46 AM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Once in a while my boyfriend will stamp me a card if he's going out of town or needs to get out of the doghouse. Most of his cards are pathetic and he ends up drawing additional details that don't belong. But I think its cute that he sneaks in there and uses them & surprises me with cards.

He always encourages me to go ahead and order stuff from SU, but I think its because he feels guilty when he buys big expensive toys...i.e. 4-wheeler, digital equipment, new truck, motorcycle, etc., etc..

He did make me buy the noble deer set (he paid for it) so that I can make cards for his Dad and Grandpa.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 07:04 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Default My Hubby Is the Sweetest

I have Carpal Tunel and cutting stamps kills my hand! He always cuts and mount my stamps for me! (I should get him the SU scissors for Christmas )

He's always encouraging me to get more supplies... He even makes me cards!

Here's a quote from him when I showed him this thread, "hey, but I like stamping... i'm just not very creative"

So, I think we'd make a great team if I ever decide to become a SU Demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 07:05 AM   #25  
Gallery Gazer

My husband is very creative, he designs and decorates all of our children's birthday cakes (I do the baking, though!) I am not a demo, and most of the parties I go to are at my demo's house, so he hasn't observed all the techniques I know in full, unless he watches me stamp in my stamping corner. Nevertheless, he made a gorgeous thank you card for one of our friends with Sketch It, he colored in each separate petal of that big flower a different color, then embossed gold on top of it, I was very surprised and really, really wanted to keep that card! He has also made me a Mother's Day menu and matching card with my kaleidacolor pads (which I did keep!) and he loves the Up in the Air stamp set (he is a pilot) and has made a card or two with that set. He isn't close to being as involved with stamping as me, but I also think he wouldn't mind doing a little more if I encouraged him!

I have loved reading about all of your husbands in this thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 09:30 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Mine hasn't yet attempted the stamping, though he keeps saying he wants to try when he has some time. However, he built me a website to share my stamping passion, he scans and photographs all my projects, he's always telling me to order whatever it is I need and not worry about putting the money I earn from SU! into the house account - just use it for stamping. He supports my habit in a million different ways, and I'm truly grateful for it - even when he's HONEST about whether a card I've done is any good or not (and yes, I've had a few that just wouldn't turn out the way I had envisioned them).

KGidget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 10:02 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

My husband likes to do projects with my Polyshrink and heat tool. He likes to scrapbook but he always wants to do everything on the computer, so he doesn't stamp. He's very impressed with any of my projects that involve embossing, but as for my cardmaking, he doesn't even like to receive cards let alone make one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 10:42 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

oooooh I could only wish!! My husband can only remind me to pick up my "things" from the table. He will look once and a great while at something I have done but it is a rare occasion. Oh-well. The kids like what I do

Al
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 11:01 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

When I am in a bind, my husband helps me. Of course, he would never admit it, but I think he does like it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 12:09 PM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

My dad is helping my mom to make their Christmas cards this year. My mom needs a liver transplant and is starting to get very sick. Her hands are shaky and she is pretty weak. My dad knows how much it means to her to make her cards so he has been helping to make Halloween, Thanksgiving, Birthday, etc. He'll do whatever he has to to make her happy. I keep telling him that he should become a SU demonstrator. I should take some pictures of them working together for the scrapbook. Its a very loving scene and these cards are even more precious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:22 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

My husband will help me with my stamp stuff, by making suggestions and such, but let me tell you who in my family is *WAY* into stamping. My son. He loves making his own cards, and is actually participating in a kid swap. In fact all 3 of my kids love to make their own cards. :-)

Lisa M.
Reply With Quote Likes